April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

A heady mix of vanilla and florals is how I would describe L'Instant. I also detect a bit of magnolia in this scent. This is a beautiful fragrance for warmer weather. Love the bottle with the oversized cap and lilac writing on it. I plan to also get the body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sunlover2

This was a gift out of the blue from my boyfriend. I was suprised to find I actually loved it(as I am very fussy-and didn't think I'd like something that I didn't choose)and in fact I would say its my 'all time favourite'. I am 30 and over the last 10 or so years I have liked Tommy Girl,Knowing,Sunflowers and Red Door but as of late nothing is comparing to my L'Instant. One problem I don't get compliments when I wear it and I wish I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by susan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today after testing it and walking around all day. It is pure class in a bottle and makes one feel so elegant while wearing it. This is going to be a joy to own and smells like....well.....heaven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance!!! At first I thought it smelt like Champs Elysees, but after trying it on my skin, I fell in love! To my nose, it smells like vanilla and white flowers, without getting too sweet. Staying power is excellent too. Considering testing the eau de toilette version for the summer, as I've heard it's a tad lighter.*edit Sept07* I can't use it anymore, because I find it too strong and irritating on my nose. Even if I only spray once, I end up smelling my perfume every time I inhale, which is not what I want in a fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by emilyaz69

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is gorgeous. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. I get a lot of amber, and some sweetness, which must be the honey, and creamy magnolia out of this fragrance. It settles down to a most beautiful skin scent, a deliciously creamy scent. Heaven must smell like this! I feel so beautiful wearing this, with no inclination to dress up...it doesn't wear you, if you know what I mean. The bottle is beautiful as well, with a nice heft; it's a pleasure to hold, and has the color purple on the bottle, my favorite color. If it doesn't grab you right away, give it a chance in the amazing drydown. Definitely bottle-worthy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

L'Instant is not something I identify with specific flowers or accords. It has shades of L'Occitane Eau de Miel, but I can't think of anything else that comes close. It's an ambery, sweet fragrance with notes that are blended so well that unique scent is created in and of itself. Unfortunately it gives me a pounding headache.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 3:11:00 AM More reviews by moonpiesformisfits

Smells like sweet old lady. Maybe I will buy this for my grand mother.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 1:52:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an okay spring/summer fragrance but a bit too much on the sweet side for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 5:17:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous fragrance. It's different from all other fragrances I've tried, in that it doesn't have top-middle-base notes, but rather notes that intermingle. At first it smells very citrusy and fresh, reminiscent of 4711. Then it goes into a lovely floral phase, very bright and feminine. Then lastly a light golden amber smell takes over, giving it warmth. Then it's all back to the citrusy phase again. And it keeps doing this, all day! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kiki200220

This is a wonderful fragrance. I love this and Shalimar. Both are beautiful. This is new compared to Shalimar but it is classic status. I very much makes me think of being wealthy and French. I don't know why but it just does. It is a feminine powdery fragrance. Not strong and overbearing but light enough to wear anytime. This reminds me of the bombshell fragrances