Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 7/2/2005 5:33:00 PM

i found a white floral i can wear!! *does a little happy dance* i wear heavy sexy orientals for the most part (i wear shalimar most of the time) but sometimes you just want to be a little girly. usually white florals wear me, and smack everyone around me upside the head, but this is soft and pretty. maybe it's the vanilla...guerlain vanilla does something beautiful on my skin that other houses just can't do. pretty with just enough sweetness, not at all sharp. makes me feel like living in linen dresses and large straw hats, sipping cucumber water in a beautiful garden.

Edit: two years later this has become my HG signature fragrance. the amber and vanilla have enough warmness for winter and the florals keep it fresh for summer. i get compliments everytime i wear it in a new situation (ie people who don't smell me every day). it has great staying power and a 1.7 oz bottle lasts a long time. i still love shalimar, but this has completely replaced it in my everyday life.

on 6/27/2005 2:01:00 PM

This is the perfect combo of vanilla, magnolia flowers, and class! It stays on well and blends perfectly with my body chemistry. A very sexy, warm scent. I layer this with Philosopy's Falling in Love and it smells fab! I can't imagine anyone disliking this scent unless they don't like vanilla.

on 6/24/2005 10:41:00 PM

A heady mix of vanilla and florals is how I would describe L'Instant. I also detect a bit of magnolia in this scent. This is a beautiful fragrance for warmer weather. Love the bottle with the oversized cap and lilac writing on it. I plan to also get the body lotion.

on 6/20/2005 10:38:00 PM

This was a gift out of the blue from my boyfriend. I was suprised to find I actually loved it(as I am very fussy-and didn't think I'd like something that I didn't choose)and in fact I would say its my 'all time favourite'. I am 30 and over the last 10 or so years I have liked Tommy Girl,Knowing,Sunflowers and Red Door but as of late nothing is comparing to my L'Instant. One problem I don't get compliments when I wear it and I wish I did.

on 6/18/2005 10:14:00 PM

I bought this today after testing it and walking around all day. It is pure class in a bottle and makes one feel so elegant while wearing it. This is going to be a joy to own and smells like....well.....heaven.

on 6/2/2005 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this fragrance!!! At first I thought it smelt like Champs Elysees, but after trying it on my skin, I fell in love! To my nose, it smells like vanilla and white flowers, without getting too sweet. Staying power is excellent too. Considering testing the eau de toilette version for the summer, as I've heard it's a tad lighter.*edit Sept07* I can't use it anymore, because I find it too strong and irritating on my nose. Even if I only spray once, I end up smelling my perfume every time I inhale, which is not what I want in a fragrance.

on 5/27/2005 12:40:00 AM

This is gorgeous. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. I get a lot of amber, and some sweetness, which must be the honey, and creamy magnolia out of this fragrance. It settles down to a most beautiful skin scent, a deliciously creamy scent. Heaven must smell like this! I feel so beautiful wearing this, with no inclination to dress up...it doesn't wear you, if you know what I mean. The bottle is beautiful as well, with a nice heft; it's a pleasure to hold, and has the color purple on the bottle, my favorite color. If it doesn't grab you right away, give it a chance in the amazing drydown. Definitely bottle-worthy.

on 5/24/2005 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

L'Instant is not something I identify with specific flowers or accords. It has shades of L'Occitane Eau de Miel, but I can't think of anything else that comes close. It's an ambery, sweet fragrance with notes that are blended so well that unique scent is created in and of itself. Unfortunately it gives me a pounding headache.

Smells like sweet old lady. Maybe I will buy this for my grand mother.

on 5/21/2005 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay spring/summer fragrance but a bit too much on the sweet side for me.

Popular Fragrances