October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by HopefulSceptic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Knowing Clinique is a trusted name I thought I'd give this line a try. Sadly, it did not agree with my skin (sensitive, oily). While on this product my skin completely dried up, and not in a good way. It left my face feeling tight, irritated, dry, inflamed and uncomfortable. I stuck with it thinking things may get better, but decided to cease use after my generally mild acne became increasingly worse (bordering on moderate). It also left patches of my skin darker than usual, which worried me. I only used this product for about 3 weeks. I probably should have stuck with it longer, but I could tell that it was just not doing my skin any good. Iím someone who is all up for trying new things, but I sincerely wish I had not tried this line; it was a waste of money and irritated my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This skin care system is absolutely AMAZING! I'm so happy I finally found a system that works for my skin! Keep in mind that different skin products works on different skin types. I'm combination oily and have acne prone skin. And since my skin is so oily, i love that the cleanser is foam instead of something creme based. Also, the moisturizer seems more like watery like a serum so it's not too oily. All of the products contain either salicylic acid or benzol peroxide. So if you have sensitive skin, you might want to be cautious. And since it has so much chemicals in it, it may also dry out some people's skin. In my case, it did not. But it did for my sister. Another downfall is this system is quite pricey. Overall, I love this system and I'm definitely going to repurchase this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I stopped using this after a bit and started the more gentle approach by doing Dove, witch hazel, and vitamins. That worked- for about a month, and then my skin just kept getting clogged pores and my breakouts came back. I have acne-prone skin and tend to get 2-3 breakouts at a time. Frustrated, I went back to using this since I figured I had nothing to lose- and guess what, my skin has cleared up again! Even the annoying scars that so many zits have left behind are really fading, and I've only been using this for a week. So...who knows how long my clearer skin will last, but I'm happy with the system. And for those of you who think the toner might be too strong, the key is to stick with it for a bit, you will see a difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Amberlynn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far I have been using this system for about a week and my skin has totally improved, and it was in pretty bad shape before. After using a Neutrogena face soap bar (for acne prone skin) for years, it just wasn't doing its job anymore, so I figured I'd try something else. I love the first two steps, I really feel the products working. The packaging is good, however the Clearing Moisturizer Hydratant Purifiant w/ Benzoyl peroxide comes out of the container VERY quickly, so don't squeeze much; a little bit can go a long way. For me, I really rub the moisturizer into my skin (gently), making sure everything is dry; the product absorbs into my skin well! I love how less oily my face is now and my skin is clearing up more every day!

I have stopped using this product. For about a month or so, my skin was excellent while using this. Somewhere along the line, without changing the routine at all, my skin started breaking out TERRIBLY. Don't know what happened, hopefully it will work for others, I guess my skin (acne prone/sensitive) type and these products are not compatible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I've been using this line for 5 months now and I am very happy with the results. My skin was acting up so bad and I finally gave in and got this. I've used Clinique skincare before but never had good results, until I came across this. This line has helped my skin so so so much. You probably can't tell because my skin is still far from perfect but compared to how it was before there has been a lot of improvement. Now I just have a couple of pimples due to hormones during that time of the month. And acne scarring. One thing I did notice is that when I do get a pimple they aren't like the ones I used to get, which were the cystic pimples that hurt and last forever. Now when I do get a zit they aren't so deep into my skin and don't last as long. I've purchased travel size ones to bring with me when I stay overnight anywhere as I do not want to go a day without using this! I will def repurchase over and over again as long it still helps my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

CLEANSER: I am finding very easy to use and it is a nice cleanser. Love to come home on a muggy day and take off my greasy make-up. Makes my skin feel tight and dry.

TONER: This really can burn broken skin and might sting a tiny bit. It doesn't hurt, it just isn't a comfortable feeling for about 30 seconds.

MOISTURIZER: I really really love this one. My skin usually gets super oily throughout the day but this seems to keep that away for a little bit longer. I know it is the moisturizer because when I don't use it that oil just comes straight back.

EXFOLIATOR: I really love this product too. It clears my airways when I use it hehe. Very minty smelling. I love the feeling of the beads too. I could use it all day.

THE SYSTEM:
I have been using this system for almost a month now (started end of jan) and have noticed the inflamation and redness have calmed down quite a bit. Flares straight back up though once make-up is removed. Using sweet almond oil as remover does not create redness on my face.

Pimples are going through their 'phases' quicker which is great. My BF even commented on how soft my skin looks and has asked me a couple of times if I am wearing make-up (when I'm not) he said my skin is definitely improving.

I am finding I am getting more pimples on my neck and in areas I wouldn't usually get a lot in, more often. But the Clinique lady did say it WILL GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER. She said I should start seeing a difference in one month.

This pack of 4 items cost $200 NZ.

UPDATE:
Have been using this system for just a little over one month now. My skin has a lot of deep set pimples at the moment, very painful. Even a yawn can't be done without some sort of pain.

Also my skin is very dry and flaky around the spots.

I have been wearing minimal make-up as well to try and help my skin.

I know the lady said it will get worse before it gets better but jeez... my skin was not this bad even when I was doing all the 'wrong' things.

UPDATE:
This system has cleared the inflammed skin, now it is only inflammed where the actual spots are.

Also I have A LOT more scarring than I had previously. A lot more. My skin is also very flakey in places.

I went to the doctors today and she said this system won't help clear my skin, just maintain it. So from now on I will be taking antibiotics and using 'Skinoren' for a month to see how that goes.

Changed my response to 'No I will not buy this again'

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by maserati

Clinique products just doesnt seem to like me! This was a very harsh line of products. Everything dried my skin out! Flakes to the point that it hurt. Cleanser didnt seem to be very cleansing. Skin felt really tight after cleansing. Toner was kinda strange. There was some powder in the toner where you have to shake it before using. The toner did feel calming after the dry out from the cleanser. Than comes the lotion. It stung my dry skin and it smells awful. The lotion also feels like it left a film on my skin. Broke me OUT! Everyone has different skin. This just realllyyy didnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by koalaluff

This line saved my face! I would break out everyday and got tired of it. After hours of researching for acne products, I came across Clinique's Acne Solutions and decided to try it. This may sound ridiculous, but I had overnight results! The redness of my acne was reduced, and one or two pimples were beginning to disappear. Of course, the short term results didn't always turn out to be like that everyday. I started to see gradual improvement after my first week, rather than rapid improvement.

The price was appalling at first, but the products do last quite a bit, especially the bar soap. The foaming pump is more expensive and isn't as effective, as I experienced. My skin was extremely dry when I first started using these products, but I used another moisturizer along with the benzoyl peroxide lotion, and still do because my face tends to dry up after washing.

I wash my face when I wake up and before I go to sleep. On average, the foaming pump lasted me about 1 1/2 months - 2 months, the bar soap I bought in November has been lasting me 2 1/2 months and is only half used up, the clarifying lotion (toner) lasts me 3 months, and the lotion has been lasting me about 4 months with some still remaining. I use only a few drops of the lotion because too much has left it flaking off my skin, especially when applying concealer and foundation.

I started using this line in the end of July. I'd get some pimples here and there, especially around that time of the month. However, in the past couple months, my face has stayed clear with only a few tiny, unnoticeable blemishes. Because of that, I feel so much more confident. I truly love these products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by TeriatClinique

To begin, yes, I work for Clinique and no, I am not faithful to their products. I tell it like it is and I have tried EVERYTHING. This product is NOT for people who don't have acne. I've been reading the reviews and rolling my eyes at those that gave it a low rating and began their review with "I don't really break out...." This is for people like me who have suffered from acne all their life and had no luck with drug store brands, irritated, flakey skin from Proactiv, frustration from spending $150 at the dermatologist only to receive the equivalent of a $5 bottle of benzoyl peroxide wash.

The first two weeks of use really irritated my skin and I need to use an additional moisturizer (Clinique moisture surge extra) but after that my skin got used to it and the moisturizer began to make my face feel very soft and smooth. My acne cleared within the first five days and the only time I've broken out since is when I couldn't afford the products and tried using drugstore brands.The ingredients in these products are amazing. Yes, it has the same salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as everything else but the amounts are perfect and the additional ingredients help sooth and repair skin. The face wash has salicylic acid as well as kola nut, caffeine, and sea whip which reduce redness. The toner also contains salicylic acid and silica to reduce oil. The moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide and linoleic acid, which repairs the skin's moisture barrier as well as strengthens its defenses against pathogens and environmental damage.

The only problem I have with this product line is that the face wash is advertised as a makeup remover as well, but it does a poor job if you wear liquid foundation. You will need to remove makeup before washing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keka1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Please stay away from this product if you have sensitive skin. I bought this product because i was breaking out from my chin a lot and i used it. The cleanser to me didn't do much it didn't foam and take off dirt because when you use the second step which is the toner, you get all the evidence.. It dried out my face like crazy and my checks were clear and now there RED AND FLAKY< DRIED OUT!!! and i have a wedding tomorrow I'm so depressed i regret using this product now i have to figure out how to get red of the redness on my face....
STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN...