April 17, 2014 | 1917 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by maserati

Clinique products just doesnt seem to like me! This was a very harsh line of products. Everything dried my skin out! Flakes to the point that it hurt. Cleanser didnt seem to be very cleansing. Skin felt really tight after cleansing. Toner was kinda strange. There was some powder in the toner where you have to shake it before using. The toner did feel calming after the dry out from the cleanser. Than comes the lotion. It stung my dry skin and it smells awful. The lotion also feels like it left a film on my skin. Broke me OUT! Everyone has different skin. This just realllyyy didnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by koalaluff

This line saved my face! I would break out everyday and got tired of it. After hours of researching for acne products, I came across Clinique's Acne Solutions and decided to try it. This may sound ridiculous, but I had overnight results! The redness of my acne was reduced, and one or two pimples were beginning to disappear. Of course, the short term results didn't always turn out to be like that everyday. I started to see gradual improvement after my first week, rather than rapid improvement.

The price was appalling at first, but the products do last quite a bit, especially the bar soap. The foaming pump is more expensive and isn't as effective, as I experienced. My skin was extremely dry when I first started using these products, but I used another moisturizer along with the benzoyl peroxide lotion, and still do because my face tends to dry up after washing.

I wash my face when I wake up and before I go to sleep. On average, the foaming pump lasted me about 1 1/2 months - 2 months, the bar soap I bought in November has been lasting me 2 1/2 months and is only half used up, the clarifying lotion (toner) lasts me 3 months, and the lotion has been lasting me about 4 months with some still remaining. I use only a few drops of the lotion because too much has left it flaking off my skin, especially when applying concealer and foundation.

I started using this line in the end of July. I'd get some pimples here and there, especially around that time of the month. However, in the past couple months, my face has stayed clear with only a few tiny, unnoticeable blemishes. Because of that, I feel so much more confident. I truly love these products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by TeriatClinique

To begin, yes, I work for Clinique and no, I am not faithful to their products. I tell it like it is and I have tried EVERYTHING. This product is NOT for people who don't have acne. I've been reading the reviews and rolling my eyes at those that gave it a low rating and began their review with "I don't really break out...." This is for people like me who have suffered from acne all their life and had no luck with drug store brands, irritated, flakey skin from Proactiv, frustration from spending $150 at the dermatologist only to receive the equivalent of a $5 bottle of benzoyl peroxide wash.

The first two weeks of use really irritated my skin and I need to use an additional moisturizer (Clinique moisture surge extra) but after that my skin got used to it and the moisturizer began to make my face feel very soft and smooth. My acne cleared within the first five days and the only time I've broken out since is when I couldn't afford the products and tried using drugstore brands.The ingredients in these products are amazing. Yes, it has the same salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as everything else but the amounts are perfect and the additional ingredients help sooth and repair skin. The face wash has salicylic acid as well as kola nut, caffeine, and sea whip which reduce redness. The toner also contains salicylic acid and silica to reduce oil. The moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide and linoleic acid, which repairs the skin's moisture barrier as well as strengthens its defenses against pathogens and environmental damage.

The only problem I have with this product line is that the face wash is advertised as a makeup remover as well, but it does a poor job if you wear liquid foundation. You will need to remove makeup before washing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keka1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Please stay away from this product if you have sensitive skin. I bought this product because i was breaking out from my chin a lot and i used it. The cleanser to me didn't do much it didn't foam and take off dirt because when you use the second step which is the toner, you get all the evidence.. It dried out my face like crazy and my checks were clear and now there RED AND FLAKY< DRIED OUT!!! and i have a wedding tomorrow I'm so depressed i regret using this product now i have to figure out how to get red of the redness on my face....
STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My parents brought me this when i became desperate for a acne solution. Coming off birth control ruined my skin to the point where i couldnt even look myself in the mirror, my mum got so fed up with my crying that she took to me to my local clinique counter. My consultant is the nicest and friendliest woman i have ever met!! She tried everything out on my skin and gave me a pencil case full of samples!!
Anyway so i brought the anti blemish 3 step, the spot treatment gel nd the concealer. Well the 3 step system is really good. i have seen a lo of improvement in my skin but it takes a while to kick in. ALSO, YOUR SKIN DOES GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER!! i asked my consultant about this and she said its the product pulling out all the crap from your skin. So be paitent, its goin to take a while. I've ben using it for about 3-4 weeks now and my acne has decreased loads! I only ever get acne around my mouth and upper lips and i havent had a very big angry spot for over a week! (result!)
The concealer wasnt the best, it dried really quickly so you would have to blend quickly in order to prevent it caking!
The spot gel is AMAZING!! Its the best spot gel i have ever used, i will continue to buy this forever. It shrinks a spot down over night, espcailly the ones you can feel just coming up.
Done wonders for me so far, just hope it lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by zeypez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin and I was desperate for a solution. I bought this product and was pleased with the result. My skin isn't that sensitive so it worked fine, only drying it out a bit. Probably for more sensitive skin, it could dry out your skin so be wary. It worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This 3 step saved my skin after Philosophy's acne line destroyed it. I love the foaming cleanser, as long as I use a makeup remover. It doesn't feel like it aggressively cleans, but really does a good job. I like the mattifying toner- it doesn't irritate my skin. I LOVE the benzoyl peroxide moisturizer. I only use it at night since it doesn't have SPF. An SPF moisturizer is the only product I wish was in this collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i got this as a 3 piece sample from sephora, soap, toner and moisturizer. i have been using for 3 days and already see an improvement. it definatley stings after the toner and/or moisturizer. my chin does have dryness but not extreme so i'll deal with it. if it continues to keep my skin clearing i will use it. FYI i do not have bad acne, i usually have pretty clear skin. i just broke out recently around my mouth and chin area it might be weather change or who knows what but it has def improved with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by michellecruz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me. I dont suffer from acne but i had a very bad rash on my face that would not go away. I have sensitive skin and get breakouts like everyone but rite after i turned 18 my face broke out and it itches horribly. I had always used clinique products so I went to the counter and they gave me this. It lasted for about a month and I saw NO difference. I dont recommend this, just go to your dermatologist which is what i did.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can not praise this skincare system enough!!! It is responsible for pretty much clearing my skin of its moderate acne when doctor prescribed medications couldn't! Not only that, but it eliminated my upper arm bumps and helped reduce and eventually eliminate scars. I now have super smooth, glowing, soft, clear skin. I especially liked the toner and the anti-bac soap. Unlike other acne-systems and medications, which work for a limited amount of time, and then grow ineffective, this skin-care system, w/ its oil-production control properties, works indefinitely! HG