April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The SA gave me a very generous sample of this as a GWP. She had spent ages trying to pressure me into buying the anti-blemish skincare range but I firmly refused, even though I had many breakouts.. I told her my La Roche cleanser was working just fine. She did not seem to understand the concept of hormonal acne. AT ALL. Anyway she was very generous with this sample. So I thought, it will be good for my acne-prone skin since she wouldnt give me such a sample after hearing about my skin problemsfor 10 minutes? Wrong. This is pure crap. The moment I put it on my face it felt like Id just rubbed some Dove soap bar into my skin. A completely different feeling to my La Roche. It leaves your skin feeling rubbery/leathery.. that feeling after using SOAP. It even smellt like soap. Unfortunately the sample tube had no directions on how to use it, or what the ingredients were etc so I wasnt sure what the heck I was even putting on my skin. Gave it a shot anyway, and yes it must have soap in it, otherwise how do so many of us oily-skinned girls get incredibly tight (like SO tight its ITCHY) skin after using this? I dont want a cleanser that completely strips my skin and leaves this dirty residue feeling behind. Im not sure if this is meant to be used before my usual La Roche or something, but it's a foaming cleanser, it foams up on contact with water very nicely, I assumed that once using my Lancome oil cleanser for the actual make up, this would be perfect to rinse off everything. I think this is not designed to be used in that purpose. But if it is, my god, its just a crap product. Would not recommend for ANY skin type or any person. Your $2 soap bar will do the same job.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sofiaSa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is supposed to be for dry to normal skin!? i got oily t-zone and in principle combination skin and it dried me completely! The eye makeyp was not removed properly no matter how i (softly) insisted on massaging the lather on my face. The reaction of the clinique mascara with this created some kind of nasty residue on my lids which I had to get rid of with an oily eye makeup remover.

I really dont like this product at all and I'm quite dissapointed that I bought it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Olgtat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was dissapointed, burnt my eyes, but from cleanser i expect Whole face cleansing.
I am using it on days when i am not wearing any make up, so just to freshen up my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by JordysBeautySpot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this cleanser after i use makeup remover (to ensure all makeup is removed) but before i use the Clinique 3 Step Skincare System. It works well with removing makeup and breaking down oils on your face. It has a really pretty pearly formula, like foam and smells quite nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the leftover, tight feeling, I thought Rinse-Of Foaming Cleanser removed the grime from my face easily. Later, I realized the cleanser left a nasty, uncomfortable film on my face, which I removed by washing twice with my regular cleanser. With repeated use and so many washings, the cleanser and cleansing process shriveled up my skin and caused irritation pustules. I'd much rather wash my face twice with my regular cleanser than use this. I am sensitive to oil-based cleansers, so hoped this would be a good alternative. It may work well for others, but not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by danidani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear Lancome Galateis as a cleanser and decided to give Clinique a try...HUGE dissapointment. This cleanser leaves my skin so tight and dry, it does take away the makeup but it feels really harsh on the skin, like hand soap. Im going back to my Galateis Douceur.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't put my finger on it, but albeit being 2/3rd the way through bottle of this, I just can't say I'm crazy about it. It removes non-waterproof makeup just fine and hasn't had a negative impact on my skin. Ultimately, I'm just not sold on the feel of the thick cream (not the most luxurious), and I find it leaves my combination-dry skintype a tad tight-feeling.

I will definitely still be searching for my Holy Grail cleanser... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jodienas

I got a sample of this product in one of cliniques deals (spend over $... and get ... free) and I'm so glad I have come across this item. I use it in the shower to remove my make-up and it really does remove everything even waterproof mascara. However I don't necessarily think its ok just to use on its own without a cleanser afterwards. After using it and washing it off it kind of makes my skin feel like I have something applied to my face which is kind of strange. After using my cleanser this goes away though. I still remove my make-up first with make-up wipes then use the rinse-off foaming cleanser but on night outs when I'm just getting back in and so craving my bed I can just quickly use this product then worry about cleansing in the morning without fear of panda eyes or breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mature (almost 50) dry skin but STILL acne prone. This is one of the BEST cleansers that I have ever used. It didn't irritate my skin and left it with a fresh dewy feel. And it takes such a small amount for each cleanse.
My only complaint was the packaging. The tube was hard to get the last bit of the cleanser out of.
But I'll definately get it again and highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is meant as a makeup remover (before you wash you face, i follow with clinique 3 step) i had run out of my MU wipes and had recieved this as a gwp so i decided to try it out. first of all its SUPER drying, i have combo oily skin (oily in my Tzone) and it turned my skin dry and very flaky. also it sucked at removing all my MU, cleansing twice with my cleanser worked better than this. was very dissapointed. will most definitly not repurchase