December 18, 2014 | 828 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I had a travel size of this product, and it lasted me quite a long time, since you really need a very little amount. It starts making a generous amount of very soft, fine foam when rubbing your wet hands together, and massaging it into the skin on the face it also still feels soft and pleasant. But that was about it with the positive remarks about this product. I´ve tried to remove makeup with it several times, and it definitely leaves about 90% of it on my face. It doesn´t cleanse very well at all. After noticing this, I´ve used it after removing my makeup with a cleansing oil and in the mornings. For that, it was ok. But - the gentle feel of the foam is deceiving - it leaves the skin feeling rubbery/leathery, like another reviewer below has already described it. I urgently need moisturizer afterwards, so I guess it is stripping the skin of any natural oils or protectants. Not a good product in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by natsumik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

In a nutshell: Gentle on the skin, but does not remove the make up, at all.

I had been using this product for years before I switched to a cheaper, and far better make up remover by Biore. I regret wasting my money on such an overpriced yet very poor quality product.

This product does NOT remove eye makeup and foundation at all, especially if they are waterproof or long wearing. It feels gentle on the skin, but that's pretty much it. You might as well just get a normal face wash. It shouldn't be allowed to label itself as a makeup remover with such a poor cleansing property in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! It is one of the few foaming cleansers that doesn't cause me to break out. The texture of the cleanser and the lather are really wonderful - feels hydrating and gentle yet through. The only drawback is that it doesn't remove eye makeup as well as the Liquid Extra Mild soap. That's why I like this cleanser for the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I love this cleanser! I've been using it for years. It takes off my makeup and leaves my face feeling really clean. It also lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Controlfreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser, the last time i used a rinse-off cleanser i was prob a teenager, but i felt the need to use this as between the Clarins Instant smooth, Clinique liquid foundation, a compact to set the foundation and a bronzer too, i would be there all night with my milk cleanser.

I dont put it anywhere near my eyes, I have an eye cleaner for that.

I cant comment on the price, as i got this one as a sample, and I have a feeling it will last a while as I only need a pea size amount of it and only use it if i have the full amount of makeup on that night. But i will keep using it til its gone. I get a slight tight feeling after it, but i get that when a drop of water goes near my skin. Will i repurchase? I just dont know, will update as i use it some more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This actually works as a makeup remover really well. I literally only need 1/4 of a marble sized dab and it will take off ALL my makeup. If this wasnt so expensive I would buy it all the time

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kara86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean before I use the 3 step system. It is not meant to be an eye make up remover - so don't put it in your eyes! :) Its just for removing foundation, bronzer, etc. You only need a very small dap of this and it will lather up your entire face. Overall, a great product that I would puchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst thing i have ever used on my skin, thats quite a severe accusation but it really is.
I have oily skin, the woman at the counter pressured me into using this when i went to try something new, even tho she spent ten minutes telling me my skin was oily...which i was pretty much aware of anyway.
Well she pressured me into buying it and after one use i discovered the next day that my skin had been dried up and had broke out really badly.
It took me a week of constant moisturising to get it back to normal.
A horrible horrible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The SA gave me a very generous sample of this as a GWP. She had spent ages trying to pressure me into buying the anti-blemish skincare range but I firmly refused, even though I had many breakouts.. I told her my La Roche cleanser was working just fine. She did not seem to understand the concept of hormonal acne. AT ALL. Anyway she was very generous with this sample. So I thought, it will be good for my acne-prone skin since she wouldnt give me such a sample after hearing about my skin problemsfor 10 minutes? Wrong. This is pure crap. The moment I put it on my face it felt like Id just rubbed some Dove soap bar into my skin. A completely different feeling to my La Roche. It leaves your skin feeling rubbery/leathery.. that feeling after using SOAP. It even smellt like soap. Unfortunately the sample tube had no directions on how to use it, or what the ingredients were etc so I wasnt sure what the heck I was even putting on my skin. Gave it a shot anyway, and yes it must have soap in it, otherwise how do so many of us oily-skinned girls get incredibly tight (like SO tight its ITCHY) skin after using this? I dont want a cleanser that completely strips my skin and leaves this dirty residue feeling behind. Im not sure if this is meant to be used before my usual La Roche or something, but it's a foaming cleanser, it foams up on contact with water very nicely, I assumed that once using my Lancome oil cleanser for the actual make up, this would be perfect to rinse off everything. I think this is not designed to be used in that purpose. But if it is, my god, its just a crap product. Would not recommend for ANY skin type or any person. Your $2 soap bar will do the same job.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sofiaSa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is supposed to be for dry to normal skin!? i got oily t-zone and in principle combination skin and it dried me completely! The eye makeyp was not removed properly no matter how i (softly) insisted on massaging the lather on my face. The reaction of the clinique mascara with this created some kind of nasty residue on my lids which I had to get rid of with an oily eye makeup remover.

I really dont like this product at all and I'm quite dissapointed that I bought it :(