MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great goldish tannish eyeshadow. If you know honesty, IMO this is similar, just not as "intense" and strong. Looks nice on my NC30 skintone. It's also nice to tone down a strong shadow, I just layer it on top.

on 7/24/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeshadow was just ok for me. I thought that the color was gorgeous, and it looked ok on, but thats it. I have other MAC eyeshadows that look way better on me than this one. This isn't a bad or ugly color, it just isn't one of my favorites. Also, I find it just slightly too glittery/sparkly/shimmery. The shimmer/sparkles in this eyeshadow or just a bit too big- I prefer fine shimmer or pearl, because the shimmer in this can travel to other parts of your face if you aren't careful.

I absolutely luv this color! A shimmering, bronze apricot that blends great on my olive skin. Not a huge fan of MACís lustre e/s formula in general but the color payoff is just gorgeous.

on 6/26/2007 2:41:00 AM

Great sparkle without being garish. A grown-up shimmer. Looks great with sunsplosion for a warm, summery look. Was disapointed when the first one broke (probably because of the flaky texture), but had to buy it again because it looks great with my brown eyes.

on 6/12/2007 12:58:00 AM

I LOVE this eyeshadow, it's too bad I lost it and will need to replace it :(

I don't mind the flaky texture...it gives a subtle wash of light bronze without being too bright and blingy. If I want it more intense I'll use it wet.

I have green eyes and light skin with pink undertones and this warm e/s still looks great. Brings out the hazel flecks in my eyes and is great as a liner too.

I love the color, but hate the texture. You need a good base to make it show up and the glitter gets all over my cheeks. I wish this was a frost or veluxe pearl.

at first i was iffy about this color. i just couldn't picture myself wearing gold eyeshadow. i quickly changed my mind after putting it on. it's a nice warm gold color that's very shimmery (i wanna say it has glitter but it doesn't) and can look natural or glam. best of all, it flatters my light/medium asian skin. downside is that it does tend to flake during application. but it's not bad enough to make me scream about it.

on 3/31/2007 11:29:00 PM

Pretty color but nothing amazing. Sort of flaky. Looks too similar to woodwinked when applied. I would go with woodwinked over honey lust.

on 3/28/2007 12:30:00 AM

While this is a lovely shadow, I just find it hard to work with. When I apply it it appears flaky. I have used it with and without a base. It's hard to blend, but when I get it looking right it looks hot!

on 3/3/2007 12:01:00 AM

I love this color. It stays really well and is a very subtle but gorgeous color. I wear it mostly every day, but it always depends on how pale I'm looking that day. It's not always the best for day (depends on your skin tone) but it's always great for night, and definitely can be played up. I always keep this color in stock.