April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me this is bronzer NOT blush.I am NC 25 warm and this color is too much for me..too dark ,too brown and too shimmery.I think this is better for people from NC30 up.I try to apply lightly..but same results ..MUDDY

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Quietly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A few people have said that this color looks "muddy" or unflattering. It is definitely not for all complexions and I would not recommend it for someone with blonde hair or olive skin. Test it out first if at all possible! However, I did test it out first and it looks great with my pale skin and red hair.

This product is not cheap, but a little goes a long way, (make sure to tap the excess powder off your brush before applying!) and a compact lasts forever. Plus the compact has a large mirror inside and is made of rubber, so it's convenient and pretty much insures that your blush won't shatter even if you drop it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

Very pretty rosy bronze, like has been said by others. I like to use BE's heavenly blush brush & it goes on so pretty & sheer. I can see where this could go on to heavy. Over all glad that I bought it. NW20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG. It took me a few of Nars blushes to came to this one and I can finally say my searching for HG blush has ended. This is a bronze rosey color, very neutral and it goes with cool or warm makeup. It gives me this natural after sun glowing look which I love. If you are warm olive tone you will never go wrong with this blush. I am NC35 for references.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

when i tried this in store, i liked it a lot so i bought this. when i got home and used it, it looks muddy! i dont wanna give up yet so i still gave it another try... and another try... but then, i got tired of seeing a muddy face of mine in front of the mirror so this is now on my swap list!!! my first ever nars blush... SO SAD!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ameyls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as part of the Dolce Vita set (Lovejoy blush, Albatross highlighter, and Docle Vita lip gloss). As another reviewer said, I expected that I would be reutrning it to Sephora, after my ho hum experience with the NARS Multiple Orgasm set. To my total and utter delight, I absolutely LOVE this blush. I have fair skin, so I was worried that it would way look too brown on me, more like a bronzer than a blush. In fact, it doesn't look brown at all! It's a wonderful, warm peachy rose that looks incredibly natural and warm. This is much different from the flushed look I get when I use Tarte--it's not at all red and looks much more warm than flushed. Special bonus for girls with freckles: the brown pigment and gold flecks team up perfectly to highlight freckles while also blending with them!

I have to give NARS credit for packaging this blush with the Dolce Vita lip gloss and the Albatross highlighter. On its own, the gloss would be WAY too pink for me, and the highlighter would just be "eh". But together, they create a romantic, breathless look that's perfect for everyday wear. That said, I also think this blush would work well with a number of lip shades, ranging from peach to rose to brown. I'll have to try that out when I get home . . . .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I've long neglected NARS Lovejoy, which came in my Warm palette with Deep Throat. Lovejoy was way too muddy and turned blotchy red-brown on my cheeks. BUT thank goodness for MAC 187 brush! Sheered out, Lovejoy is perfect with peachy pinks like Deep Throat. It just deepens and enhances the peach glow without seeming obvious as a contour/bronzer. I am surprised to be wearing it in winter. Now I understand why it's in a Sephora set with Albatross and Dolce Vita l/g. NARS is always so well-coordinated! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally - a Nars product that works for me. I bought the Dolce Vita palette just knowing it would go back to Sephora. I find Nars products to be hit or miss with me. I love my Gipsy lipstick but that is about all, but I am so glad to have purchased this. Lovejoy looks very hohum in the pan, a boring brownish color, but once on my cheeks, it is such a lovely shade of burnished rose with very little shimmer. I've used this palette most days since purchasing it. The Albatross highlighter is lovely as well. I've experimented with these two colors and find that the colors can work double duty as eye shadows. I can see that this would be one of those desert isle make up must haves. I took a lippie off based on Nars outrageous pricing. For color reference, I am a NC35.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by CutestCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A horribly muddy reddish brown on my skin coloring. Yuck.

For reference, I'm NC 42, black hair w/ drk brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by decemberstars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing rose-bronze color with golden shimmer. So pigmented but easily blendable and very smooth texture! For reference I am NC30-35, very olive/golden. It lasts all day! As with other NARS powder blushes, this is $25 and comes in a square/rectangular black rubber compact. Love the packaging, but not the material. Gets too dusty from the product and cleaning it is a pain. I'd still buy it again, however. It's more of what's inside the packaging than the packaging itself. This can be built up or applied sheer. If I want more of an oomph with this blush I use my MAC 116 over my MAC 187. Either way, the shade is awesome and unique. Love it!