NARS Lovejoy

4.4

I love this blush. I've always used bronzer instead of blush because I felt it gave more color and life to my skin than most blushes.. most of the blushes i've tried either haven't been visible or are overly reddish/ruddy looking on me. Lovejoy is a great balance - I get a warm, tawny glow without looking ruddy, and I get a diversion from my usual routine of using bronzer. Sometimes, for a super glowing and summery look, I use a little Lovejoy with my bronzer - with a super light hand, of course. This also pairs really well with Albatross, which I got in a duo compact with the Lovejoy... perfect daytime, work look.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this blush. Like all NARS blushes, it goes on flawlessly and stays all day, but what i love most about this shade is that it's basically a bronzer and blush in one. It gives my medium-toned skin a beautiful, natural color. The shimmer you see in the package is deceiving - Lovejoy is NOT glittery, but rather it leaves a healthy glow on your cheeks. I will definitely buy this again.

I like this blush. It doesn't dry my face out and the powder goes on smoothly without having to blend too much on my face. I love the color...although it's too bronze for me. I'm just already tanned, so it doesn't do much but add a bronzed/beach look. I need something more "blush" so this isn't the right product for me.

But I do very much like NARS blushes. Just maybe another color. It's kind of pricey, and does not come with a brush--so you're on your own for that.

I wore this blush today and it reminded me I need to do a review of it. I have to buy NARS site unseen and about 3 months ago I decided to buy the set that has this, albatross highlighter and Dolce Vita gloss. When I saw the blush, I almost cried because I loved DV and albatross but I held off on lovejoy. Finally I just went for it. It is scary in the pan, I like shimmer but this looked alot even for me, not to mention it looked like a bronzer for someone who is not NW15 like me. But I put it on and immediately loved it. It gives me a rosy/bronzey glow that is perfect! I apply all my NARS blushes with my 187 but this one I use the 169 on b/c I personally don't find it as pigmented as the others. I love this blush and would recommend trying it on for many different skintones!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like Lovejoy, but I am giving it 4 lippies as it is not my favourite blush from NARS - of course Orgasm is (once I learned how to apply it properly). With that said, Lovejoy is a gorgeous colour that shows up really nice and rosy on my cheeks. I think this will be a perfect blush for when I'm tanned as it tends to be darker than blushes I normally wear. SA told me that she is surprised how nice and rosy it looks on my skin, as she thought it would look more brown (I am a light/medium complexion with yellow undertones). Wouldn't repurchase as this will probably last a while.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I use this with a light hand as a daytime blush. I don't dislike, but I'm not particularly thrilled with it either. I do like that its more a bronzy glow vs a pink flush.

Received for Christmas in a compact with Albatross with the Dolce Vita gloss. Lovejoy is not a product I'd have bought myself. It seemed too shimmery at first glance. Swatched on my hand, it looked like a highly shimmery version of the darker side of VL's Heart's Desire blush. On my face however, Lovejoy is a true rosy-bronze, not the mauve-rose-brown of Heart's Desire. Okay when mixed with Albatross, but by itself, not the best color for my yellow-olive skin tone. Makes my complexion dull and old and slightly muddy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For me this is bronzer NOT blush.I am NC 25 warm and this color is too much for me..too dark ,too brown and too shimmery.I think this is better for people from NC30 up.I try to apply lightly..but same results ..MUDDY

A few people have said that this color looks "muddy" or unflattering. It is definitely not for all complexions and I would not recommend it for someone with blonde hair or olive skin. Test it out first if at all possible! However, I did test it out first and it looks great with my pale skin and red hair.

This product is not cheap, but a little goes a long way, (make sure to tap the excess powder off your brush before applying!) and a compact lasts forever. Plus the compact has a large mirror inside and is made of rubber, so it's convenient and pretty much insures that your blush won't shatter even if you drop it.

Very pretty rosy bronze, like has been said by others. I like to use BE's heavenly blush brush & it goes on so pretty & sheer. I can see where this could go on to heavy. Over all glad that I bought it. NW20

Top Rated NARS Products