September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Lovejoy, but I am giving it 4 lippies as it is not my favourite blush from NARS - of course Orgasm is (once I learned how to apply it properly). With that said, Lovejoy is a gorgeous colour that shows up really nice and rosy on my cheeks. I think this will be a perfect blush for when I'm tanned as it tends to be darker than blushes I normally wear. SA told me that she is surprised how nice and rosy it looks on my skin, as she thought it would look more brown (I am a light/medium complexion with yellow undertones). Wouldn't repurchase as this will probably last a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LatinaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this with a light hand as a daytime blush. I don't dislike, but I'm not particularly thrilled with it either. I do like that its more a bronzy glow vs a pink flush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 6:32:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received for Christmas in a compact with Albatross with the Dolce Vita gloss. Lovejoy is not a product I'd have bought myself. It seemed too shimmery at first glance. Swatched on my hand, it looked like a highly shimmery version of the darker side of VL's Heart's Desire blush. On my face however, Lovejoy is a true rosy-bronze, not the mauve-rose-brown of Heart's Desire. Okay when mixed with Albatross, but by itself, not the best color for my yellow-olive skin tone. Makes my complexion dull and old and slightly muddy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me this is bronzer NOT blush.I am NC 25 warm and this color is too much for me..too dark ,too brown and too shimmery.I think this is better for people from NC30 up.I try to apply lightly..but same results ..MUDDY

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Quietly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A few people have said that this color looks "muddy" or unflattering. It is definitely not for all complexions and I would not recommend it for someone with blonde hair or olive skin. Test it out first if at all possible! However, I did test it out first and it looks great with my pale skin and red hair.

This product is not cheap, but a little goes a long way, (make sure to tap the excess powder off your brush before applying!) and a compact lasts forever. Plus the compact has a large mirror inside and is made of rubber, so it's convenient and pretty much insures that your blush won't shatter even if you drop it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

Very pretty rosy bronze, like has been said by others. I like to use BE's heavenly blush brush & it goes on so pretty & sheer. I can see where this could go on to heavy. Over all glad that I bought it. NW20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG. It took me a few of Nars blushes to came to this one and I can finally say my searching for HG blush has ended. This is a bronze rosey color, very neutral and it goes with cool or warm makeup. It gives me this natural after sun glowing look which I love. If you are warm olive tone you will never go wrong with this blush. I am NC35 for references.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

when i tried this in store, i liked it a lot so i bought this. when i got home and used it, it looks muddy! i dont wanna give up yet so i still gave it another try... and another try... but then, i got tired of seeing a muddy face of mine in front of the mirror so this is now on my swap list!!! my first ever nars blush... SO SAD!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ameyls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as part of the Dolce Vita set (Lovejoy blush, Albatross highlighter, and Docle Vita lip gloss). As another reviewer said, I expected that I would be reutrning it to Sephora, after my ho hum experience with the NARS Multiple Orgasm set. To my total and utter delight, I absolutely LOVE this blush. I have fair skin, so I was worried that it would way look too brown on me, more like a bronzer than a blush. In fact, it doesn't look brown at all! It's a wonderful, warm peachy rose that looks incredibly natural and warm. This is much different from the flushed look I get when I use Tarte--it's not at all red and looks much more warm than flushed. Special bonus for girls with freckles: the brown pigment and gold flecks team up perfectly to highlight freckles while also blending with them!

I have to give NARS credit for packaging this blush with the Dolce Vita lip gloss and the Albatross highlighter. On its own, the gloss would be WAY too pink for me, and the highlighter would just be "eh". But together, they create a romantic, breathless look that's perfect for everyday wear. That said, I also think this blush would work well with a number of lip shades, ranging from peach to rose to brown. I'll have to try that out when I get home . . . .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I've long neglected NARS Lovejoy, which came in my Warm palette with Deep Throat. Lovejoy was way too muddy and turned blotchy red-brown on my cheeks. BUT thank goodness for MAC 187 brush! Sheered out, Lovejoy is perfect with peachy pinks like Deep Throat. It just deepens and enhances the peach glow without seeming obvious as a contour/bronzer. I am surprised to be wearing it in winter. Now I understand why it's in a Sephora set with Albatross and Dolce Vita l/g. NARS is always so well-coordinated! :)