Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 12/6/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am obsessed! I want every color. The lipstick container is short and chubby (so cute) and goes on almost like a lip balm would, with a sheer punch of pink. It is the happy medium between lip gloss/lip stick/chap stick

on 12/6/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am really surprised by all the hype over this product! While the color payoff is sheer and the hues are lovely I found this had a waxy consistency which actually highlighted my dried out lips. Living in Calgary Canada it is one of the driest places on earth and I found this gave me little moisture and had very little staying power. I am sticking with my Fresh Sugar lip stain.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I got my chubby stick as a gift in the colour "Mega Melon", a nice, coral-ish shade.
The stick is really easy to apply, if you know the contours of your lips you don't need a mirror. So it's quick and easy.The fact that it looks like a crayon is also just darn cute. ;)
When it comes to its moisturizing properties, I must say that my Chanel lipstick is much better.
But still, it's hydrating enough for my long hours in the hospital (dry air!) as an intern and also it's very subtle...it's just a hint of colour, no glitter. It makes me look well groomed, without looking like I'm actually wearing make up.
So, for me, this is a great product for working days.

on 11/23/2012 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on really heavy duty medications my whole life due to the fact I've been very ill since a kid so my lips are horribly dry and sensitive! I started using Clinique's chubby sticks probably like 4 years ago. I love the idea of adding color to my lips without drying them out so when I saw this advertised somewhere I was exciting to see if there anything like what they claim. The two colors I have are super strawberry and pudgy peony and I love them both I don't think I could choose a fav since they are two very different colors for different looks. I find other non drying lip products as the years go on but not for the price of these babes so for a decent pigmentation and hydration pay off these are great. They actually live up to what they claim! Thanks Clinique

on 11/21/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There may be better products out there for some folks, but I have such severe allergies to fragrance that I am limited to Clinique. Even other so-called hypo-allergenic brands have a masking fragrance and my eyes will water and my head ache from the smell. I like Clinique's glosswear and super balm, but I LOVE the Chubby Sticks because I don't need a lip liner (although sometimes I might use one for effect or to anchor the color longer), can apply these without a mirror, they soften and treat my lips, their colors are like my lips only better, and they don't smell at ALL. I have several that I use in combination. I look best in blue-based colors. If I need a deeper darker color, I layer chunky cherry over graped-up. If I want brighter color, I use Super Strawberry and/or Pudgy Peony. And if I want a nude color for work, I use Bountiful Blush, without sacrificing the red in my lips, and maybe slip some Super Strawberry over it. Clinique has done a better job with its nude colors lately, such as Black Honey almost lipstick and creamstick blush - nudes don't have to be brown or peachy entirely. What I like about Chubby Sticks is that I get color without stickiness or tackiness, the product absorbs into my lips and when the color is gone my lips still feel soft. Whenever a product can do dual duty as treatment/skin care and makeup, it's a plus, because I can't buy drug store brands. If it weren't for Clinique, I couldn't wear makeup at all.

on 11/7/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like I junky with these. I got a freebie in a Clinique gift bag and that's all she wrote; I was hooked. Since then I've purchased many more and will not stop. They are great. They cross the boundaries between the perfect blend of balm and lip color without stickiness and not bleeding into my lines. I can also apply without looking into a mirror with many of the colors. Some of the colors are more pigmented than others but unlike Revlon's I can wear many alone and don't have to buy others to blend with to make them work. The packaging is great. Non-drying. Just bought the fig and it is also a great color for me an LLL.

i have strawberry, blush, fig, melon, honey, and watermelon. Thinking of a red next. The only one I don't love is the watermelon but it was a freebie so I blend it with others.

on 11/7/2012 3:31:00 PM

I own this in the "Super Strawberry" shade, a sweet shade of pinkish red. It has great color payoff (considering the fact that it's a lipstick - lip balm) and applies smoothly on the lips giving them a nice shiny finish. I also find the retractable stick container very practical to use. The only thing I don't like about it is that it tastes a bit bitter.

on 11/7/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in "TWO TON TOMATO" and yes, I have been looking for a red lipstick that wouldnt smear, is not too super pigmented and has a shine, but not too glossy.

so this lipstick did it for me. I tried on Maybelline's, Loreals, bodyshop and even M.A.C but eventually this was the end of my search.

It's longetivity is about 1-2hours provided u dont eat or kiss or bite your lips. It doesn't smudge, is easily removed and I get compliments everytime i use it..

However, i did try it on other colours and nothing was pigmented enough. My review is for the TWO TON TOMATO. Other colours, u might as well buy a maybelline tinted lip balm. Its definately much cheaper.

on 11/3/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this new craze in fat lpencil lipsticks. I personally think the old school lipstick packaging should be done away with forever. When using on actors they get their own pencil and i generally don't even use a lip brush anymore. Great for touch ups on set and super easy (ok, when I am doing print or red carpet I still like the control and precision of a brush) I have tried lots of these style pencils: Tarte, Clinique Chubby Sticks, Bite, Urban Decay. I love them differently for different reasons and I think its helpful to see all in one review.
Tarte: I love the option of sheer or more pigmented matte. the colors are so fashion forward with the brighter matte choices. The sheers are perfect for every day wear and are fairly moisturizing
Clinique Chubby Sticks: Sheer and moisturizing. Love the color selection. Two Ton Tomato is such a fun orangey bright red and you don't have to have a surgeon's steady hand to apply like you do most reds. I apply it on the go mirror free! and Bountiful Blush is just hands down the best natural color out there. It works on everyone!
Sephora Bite: Not a huge color selection as of this review (4 or 5 colors at most at this point) but what they have is great! highly pigmented and smooth application. Great find!
Urban Decay: I love this pencil. But it is not for the shy one. The colors are super vibrant (wow!!!) and yes, some of them quite loud. Which is so fun!!! Very pigmented! and smooth silky app. love love!
Hope this helps! If you are still going old school with your lipsticks, ditch 'em grandma!. come on over to fat lip pencil lipsticks - you'll never go back! (unless of course you are a makeup artist for runway, print, or redcarpet events where the control of a brush is still a tool we should be using... but who needs all that hassle if you're not??)
BTW As of the time of this review, In the HIMYM Makeup Dept we use Bountiful Blush EVERY DAY on Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders. We buy them 6 at a time because we use that color on everyone and they tend to grow legs like ballpoint pens at the grocery store so we have to conitnually restock!

on 10/21/2012 4:24:00 PM

This is a cute product, but it's not incredibly moisturizing and the color payoff isn't amazing. I would rather use a more moisturizing lip balm or a more pigmented lipstick. I purchased this in 09 heaping hazelnut, which is a slightly shimmery sheer nude.

Popular Lipsticks