November 24, 2014 | 1752 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this new craze in fat lpencil lipsticks. I personally think the old school lipstick packaging should be done away with forever. When using on actors they get their own pencil and i generally don't even use a lip brush anymore. Great for touch ups on set and super easy (ok, when I am doing print or red carpet I still like the control and precision of a brush) I have tried lots of these style pencils: Tarte, Clinique Chubby Sticks, Bite, Urban Decay. I love them differently for different reasons and I think its helpful to see all in one review.
Tarte: I love the option of sheer or more pigmented matte. the colors are so fashion forward with the brighter matte choices. The sheers are perfect for every day wear and are fairly moisturizing
Clinique Chubby Sticks: Sheer and moisturizing. Love the color selection. Two Ton Tomato is such a fun orangey bright red and you don't have to have a surgeon's steady hand to apply like you do most reds. I apply it on the go mirror free! and Bountiful Blush is just hands down the best natural color out there. It works on everyone!
Sephora Bite: Not a huge color selection as of this review (4 or 5 colors at most at this point) but what they have is great! highly pigmented and smooth application. Great find!
Urban Decay: I love this pencil. But it is not for the shy one. The colors are super vibrant (wow!!!) and yes, some of them quite loud. Which is so fun!!! Very pigmented! and smooth silky app. love love!
Hope this helps! If you are still going old school with your lipsticks, ditch 'em grandma!. come on over to fat lip pencil lipsticks - you'll never go back! (unless of course you are a makeup artist for runway, print, or redcarpet events where the control of a brush is still a tool we should be using... but who needs all that hassle if you're not??)
BTW As of the time of this review, In the HIMYM Makeup Dept we use Bountiful Blush EVERY DAY on Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders. We buy them 6 at a time because we use that color on everyone and they tend to grow legs like ballpoint pens at the grocery store so we have to conitnually restock!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by melllm

This is a cute product, but it's not incredibly moisturizing and the color payoff isn't amazing. I would rather use a more moisturizing lip balm or a more pigmented lipstick. I purchased this in 09 heaping hazelnut, which is a slightly shimmery sheer nude.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is for Chubby Stick 09 Heaping Hazelnut.
According to industry info, these were first issued in the early 2000's and were okay. They needed to be sharpened by hand; weren't terribly popular and were discontinued eventually. Then one fine day, someone showed a Clinique exec a new way of packaging that was fun, clean and reminded everyone of a crayon. And the new version of the Chubby Stick was born.
Everyone knows, but I'll repeat for the record, these are a tinted lip moisturizer in fun, fat, plastic cases. They screw like a lip balm, contain no SPF and are around $25 Cdn.
Hazelnut is a nice nude with a hint of shimmer. It is quite opaque but not dark by any stretch. It has no scent and is not sticky like a lip gloss. The look is natural and fresh. It reminds me of a sheer lipstick.
The real deal: this does moisturize but not as much as a lip balm so I find myself craving moister lips. The colour is flattering but doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often. So for me this product falls into a crevasse between both worlds - I would rather have a lipstick that I don't have to reapply as often or a lip balm that leaves my lips feeling good. This is both and neither and leaves me dissatisfied.
And one final point - I mentioned the name to my husband and he smirked. No way I can use a product that makes him smirk!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love the natural look and i love these chubby sticks, i have four now. I find that they moisturise my lips really well, the colours are really lovely and natural and they make my lips look plumper. i would agree with other reviewers who say that you need to touch up as it doesn't have mega staying power. i like touching it up tho and as it keeps my lips in such nice condition its great, especially now winter is approaching. in summer the stick didn't melt and get too soft so i was pleased about that. I really like the pencil rather than lipstick too.
I don't like lipstick that much so I prefer lip glosses. I find a lot of lip stains quite drying on my lips and I dislike sticky lip glosses, the ones where my hair is blown onto my lips and my hair then sticks to my lips due to lip gloss. The chubby does neither of these.
Lovely colours, moisturising, great packaging and plumping to my lips, I love these.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by mrsyogantoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was thinking to have my MLBB lipstick because it looks like match my skin well. And yes, I picked Clinique Chubby Stick in Whole Lotta Honey and it is! The chocolate-based color will turn into somewhat plum into my pigmented lips and it is great for everyday use. It leaves my lips moisturized without looking glossy (I hate lip-glosses), but it only stays for an hour or so. I need more than that since the distance between my home to office even more that one hour :D I will not repurchase, because its price is high and not worthy. There are many better MLBB colored-lipstick outhere with the same or even lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got two of these but ended up returning them. While they were seriously some of the most beautiful colors ever, there was just too much slip and it ended up wearing for less than an hour. (Definitely no stain afterwards).

Compared to tarte's lipsurgance I much prefer the tarte. (Though I'll add that I use matte lipsurgance pencils).

Overall, if they could make these stay better I'd buy them again in a second but for the price it's just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful product. I have a soft spot for Clinique so usually pick up their new products. This is a lovely ligloss/lipstick, a creamy consistency that's moisturising while still giving good colour. It's quite similar to Revlon lip butters with a more intense colour. The only bad thing about this product is it comes off easily. I find myself constantly reapplying which I don't mind but that's just me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The 02 whole lotta honey, this quiet similar to the Shiseido sheer lipgloss lipstick in S4 Honey tea that discontinued it's amazing, with a normal price $25(in my country), the smell just like honey, sweet, I wear it to school, EVERYDAY, love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by CassandraMortmain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never purchased a Chubby Stick - it's always been a part of a gift with purchase. (And confession - I got some freebies when I was working in PR.) But, they last forever, they are a good alternative to lipgloss - without about the same staying power (not great) but very moisturizing. And there's something about it that is just adorable. The colors are the best - very wearable,even the colors that I would not usually think would work for me - because they are so sheer. Plus, in a pinch, it doubles as a blush touch-up. A great all purpose product to throw in your bag when you are running around all day.

Plus, the older I get the more I am all about the sheer and the moisturizing. Works a lot better - matte lipstick can be aging. DEWY! That's the ticket.

How great is it that I don't have to carry a sharpener?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedbeauty

This product was interesting. I loved how it went on - smooth with a bit of glossy-ness. The one thing i disliked which was a big turn off for me was the fact that this product dries really fast on your lips. I could wear it with clear gloss but that defeats the purpose of me buying it. I don't always want my lips to be super shiny/glossy.