September 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by materialface

This is a well-known cult favorite, and for good reasons. First of all, I don't think any drugstore brand can beat the price of $3 CAD.

I use this everyday, and I make sure to have the lightest hand because there were times that I did apply too heavily and it did look too orange on my light skin, but nothing my kabuki couldn't blend out. My only CON about this product is that it's so hard to open and close! But I can't really complain for the price. I love the fact that its matte, it works well as a contouring bronzer.

Sunny bronzer has been compared and duped for Benefit's Hoola bronzer which is great for people who don't wan't/can't spend the ridic $30 vs. the $3.00. I think every girl should have this in their makeup collection!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

Great bronzer for the price!! Apply with a light hand because a little goes a long way! You can always add more, but it's hard to take away!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this bronzer it gives a nice soft contour and glow. But it broke I have to buy a new one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This bronzer is okay for me, I like that its matte and not shimmery like the majority of DS brands are. However, that's where my love for this stuff ends. It looks orange and patchy if I don't apply very lightly and is hard to blend. IMO, NYC's color wheel bronzer is far superior in terms of blending and I won't repurchase this but it's workable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by dianashady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer is super easy to blend looks really natural and is cheap...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to bronzer, I decided to pick this up at Wal Mart today because i've heard good things on youtube from beauty gurus. The packaging is average, standard compact with a mirror, nothing too extrodinary. I don't see why everyone is saying its hard to pick up product, i didn't seem to have that problem at all.

I used my eco-tools blush brush to apply, It seemed a bit orange for my nc25 skin but not anything to horrible since this does come onto the skin fairly lightly, its buildable though so thats a plus. I'm sure there are much better bronzers out there but for $3 i didn't see how I could really go wrong there. Not too bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to co-sign seacolourr's review; I had the exact same issues with this product.

This product is not for ultra-pale (nc-10/nc-15) people, such as myself. When swatched next to my Sephora Los Cabos bronzer (which I happen to love), it's a terracotta orange color-- not a natural color for pale girls. Unless I'm dressing up as an Oompa Loompa for Halloween, this will never get any use out of me. If you're pale and bought this for contouring, you can forget about -- this is not the product for you. I'd suggest either NYX's Taupe blush, Sephora's Los Cabos bronzer, or looking into matte eyeshadows/face powders for a good contour.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product, since the only things this has going for it is its price and availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shen91

I really enjoy this bronzer, it is the current one I am using. I love the finish, it suits my skin tone, and definitely doesn't go on orange. I have tried HG brands such as Nars Laguna, and I personally prefer this over it, Laguna I found wayyy too dark for my skin,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product! but my sensitive acne-prone skin was not allowing it. The bronzer itself gives off just the right shade for contouring. its very light so i feel this will work best for light-medium skin tones. as for the price its dirt cheap!! GREAT buy! which is a shame for me, but once again I am on the search for a bronzer that my skin can love. *boohoo* :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

People rave about this bronzer, but it didn't do much for me. The powder was very hard so I had to really get my brush in there to pick up enough. The packaging was also very flimsy, the clasp never went on quite right and the entire top ended up breaking off after I had used up half the product. I prefer the Rimmel bronzer to this one.