July 25, 2014 | 1934 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

Have to join the bandwagon on this one. I'm a foundation hater, but the older I get, the more red my nose gets and the more those sunspots seem to come out. This looks lovely, natural. The colors are funky. I bought Laurel Nude and Cypress Beige, and mix the two. Worth it to find what you need to add to get the right color since the formula is so great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sam77

I actually adore their foundation beause it is really good to skin, it can also help you to look more brighter and your skin will look so young. I got to have this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation has always been the HG foundation for my ultra-oily, acne-prone skin. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag and has become more than my budget can handle, so I trolled the MUA boards in search of a cheaper alternative.

I am delighted to have found this incredible product. I purchased it in Laurel Nude and iIt matches my NW20 skin perfectly. I prefer to use it wet, which allows me to build coverage without ever looking cakey or fake. Unlike almost every other foundation I've wasted money on, it does not oxidize at all, even at the end of a 9-hour workday. I set it with Palladio's translucent rice powder, which helps to keep the oil at bay and the makeup looking fresh all day long. I do still have to blot mid-afternoon, but with my skin, that's inevitable with any foundation.

So far I have only used it wet. Using it wet seems to provide thicker coverage, which I need for my blemished skin and redness. As much as I love Merle Norman's Luxiva, this is just as good and costs less than half the price. Thanks to all of you on MUA for the great recommendation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by carlybarly1184

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY HG concealer. I have been using this compact for the last three years. It's herbal and contains zinc which is great for acne prone skin. You have the option of wet for more coverage and dry for a lighter finish. Helps fight breakouts and has great coverage. Strongly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get warm and fuzzy feelings about this foundation. I purchased it out of curiosity, didn't expect much, and then tried it on...wow! I apply it dry with my EcoTools bronzer brush. The result is this really amazing, somewhat airbrushed finish. It's as if the powder melts into my skin and just makes me glow. It's hard to describe, but I love the effect! I haven't tried applying it wet yet.

I'm NC30 with yellow/golden undertones and I use Cypress Beige. It's an okay shade, but not perfect because it's a bit too beige/neutral for me. For now, I've switched to MAC Studio Fix powder since their color selection is better. However, if Palladio had a more yellow shade, this would probably be an HG powder foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

So far so good! I bought this powder out of curiosity since it was on the ULTA shelf and I remember good things about it. Since I'm Asian and my skin is about as beige as you could possibly get, I have this in the Cypress Beige (I think I spelled that right...) shade.

Since I'm not a fan of using sponges for powder makeup, I used a kabuki brush and applied it with mineral powder technique (by swirling/bluffing it into my skin). My skin looked SPLENDID! This powder goes on super smooth, feels ultra light (you don't feel it at all), and doesn't settle into fine lines. You get flawless, airbrushed-like skin. The coverage (dry with a kabuki brush) is probably medium, which is perfect for work, school and hanging out with friends. To be honest, I think the coverage looks better and more natural than my BE Matte powder, although that one matches my skin tone more.

I haven't had much success trying this powder wet. The sponge is soft and feels high quality, but it seems to soak up the powder instead of putting it on my skin when it's wet. I may try using a wet brush later, but I'm happy with the coverage that I get while the powder is dry, so I think I'll stick to that. Overall, I am VERY impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by demetriabeth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation for the first time today. OMG! I think is going to be my HG for foundations.

First off, I used it wet...I put some perrier water ( i thought the minerals in the water would be good?) in a spritzer bottle and wet the sponge then applied the foundation. It was like instant coverage, but i REALLY couldn't feel it! It wasn't cakey, but just a smoothness that i have NEVER gotten from a powder, even my MAC! It covered EVERYTHING even my sun damage.

Of course this was my first time, so i will update in a week or two, but The finish was so wonderful that i didn't even have to blot, and that is saying a lot for my oily skin. I even came home and was so exhausted i took a nap with it on ( I know, that's bad) but it was still looking good when i woke up and STILL didn't need blotting.

I hope this continues to work out because the price ($12) is great and I loved the look.

*************

Okay, i've been using this for awhile now and i still think it's good, but maybe not *quite* as good as i first thought. Still my HG foundation though. I don't know why, but for some reason my skin is changing from week to week. Oily to slightly dry. During the oiliest times, I use my MAC powder foundation on top as just a powder and i get absolutely poreless skin, with no powdery look. During the drier times i've tried this and i look like a powdery mess. This has not lasted as well as i think it should have either. I hit pan within the first 4 uses, so the $12 bucks is not quite the deal i thought it was either. But all in all I still like it...I am just going from a 5 lippie to a 4.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Bascom

this is a fantastic foundation!(im 14 on mom's account) and it gave me an airbrushed complexion that covered much better than my routine maybelline loose powder. it doesn't crease at all. this brand seems to be a keeper. :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

Love it! I've been using liquid and creme foundations lately but this powder's coverage and smoothness is tough to pass up. It's the only foundation I've used that doesn't crease under my eyes. I don't know why I wasted so much time with those silly loose powders like BE and Everyday Minerals, so time consuming to apply and not as nice as this! I also love that the bottom compartment of the compact has ventilation for the sponge.

The main downside with this powder is that it is not very long lasting (you can probably get 4 hours out of it) or very durable in humidity. You will also inevitably lose some of the dewy youthful look you get with liquid foundation but that's true of any powder. Also I don't find that using this wet changes the coverage level all that much.

For reference I bought this in Laurel Nude, the lightest color and I am usually a shade or two darker than the lightest in liquid foundation.

Bottom line: I use this when I want quick, flawless coverage for a short period of time.