September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am giving this a 4 because of one bad thing-turning your face orange. For me, I use the Laurel nude shade and after the end of the day I have a slight orange cast on my face. It doesn't look that bad, but it is slightly noticeable.

I have oily acne prone skin and it has not bothered it at all. This makeup is super matte which I love. The foundation is a bit heavy if you layer it, so yes you can look really cakey if you apply too much. I did try it both ways, dry and wet, I think I like the wet application more but it still kinda looks the same even if you apply it dry. I think I am going to mix it with a moisturizer maybe to see if it will look even better.

I did try to conceal my eyes with it, that was a horrible no. Underneath my eyes were dry and cakey and wrinkly. Still I think the coverage is great, I have dozens of red marks and scars and my skin looked super clear after I put this foundation on. If you have dry skin though, beware it might dry you out pretty bad. And like one MUA'er said, that it made their skin feel all tight like it would crack if you were to smile, it does do that but I don't really mind it. lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sharonblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my pores more apparent if I don't use my Clinique Pore Perfector. It doesn't feel too cakey. I have oily skin and it seems to take longer for my face to get oily than my Clinique Superfit Foundation and its half the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I was so excited to try this product after reading all the great reviews and was let down horribly. The box says for light coverage use it dry & for heavy coverage use it wet. My skin definitely needs heavier coverage so I went ahead and used it wet. First of all the coverage is terrible. I have a couple red bumps on my cheek and they were still very obvious. And it was extremely obvious that I had powder on my face. It also gave me that horrible cakey feel...you know that cakey feel when you dont wanna move your face because it feels like the foundation is gonna crack? haha .... yeah definitely will be returning this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I am so glad I gambled on this foundation. It is so fast and the coverage is great. Covers pores, shine, hyper-pigmentation. So far it's been over a week and no break-outs. I tried it wet, but it was a lot more work and the results did not seem superior. The lasting power is very good, however I am super oily in my t-zone, so I do carry it with me so I can touch up after a few hours. Originally I got the lightest shade, which looked right on in the compact, but made me look like Michael Jackson, so I brought it back to Sally Beauty, no hassle and exchanged it for the Cypress shade. I highly recommend, especially for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

Have to join the bandwagon on this one. I'm a foundation hater, but the older I get, the more red my nose gets and the more those sunspots seem to come out. This looks lovely, natural. The colors are funky. I bought Laurel Nude and Cypress Beige, and mix the two. Worth it to find what you need to add to get the right color since the formula is so great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sam77

I actually adore their foundation beause it is really good to skin, it can also help you to look more brighter and your skin will look so young. I got to have this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation has always been the HG foundation for my ultra-oily, acne-prone skin. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag and has become more than my budget can handle, so I trolled the MUA boards in search of a cheaper alternative.

I am delighted to have found this incredible product. I purchased it in Laurel Nude and iIt matches my NW20 skin perfectly. I prefer to use it wet, which allows me to build coverage without ever looking cakey or fake. Unlike almost every other foundation I've wasted money on, it does not oxidize at all, even at the end of a 9-hour workday. I set it with Palladio's translucent rice powder, which helps to keep the oil at bay and the makeup looking fresh all day long. I do still have to blot mid-afternoon, but with my skin, that's inevitable with any foundation.

So far I have only used it wet. Using it wet seems to provide thicker coverage, which I need for my blemished skin and redness. As much as I love Merle Norman's Luxiva, this is just as good and costs less than half the price. Thanks to all of you on MUA for the great recommendation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by carlybarly1184

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY HG concealer. I have been using this compact for the last three years. It's herbal and contains zinc which is great for acne prone skin. You have the option of wet for more coverage and dry for a lighter finish. Helps fight breakouts and has great coverage. Strongly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get warm and fuzzy feelings about this foundation. I purchased it out of curiosity, didn't expect much, and then tried it on...wow! I apply it dry with my EcoTools bronzer brush. The result is this really amazing, somewhat airbrushed finish. It's as if the powder melts into my skin and just makes me glow. It's hard to describe, but I love the effect! I haven't tried applying it wet yet.

I'm NC30 with yellow/golden undertones and I use Cypress Beige. It's an okay shade, but not perfect because it's a bit too beige/neutral for me. For now, I've switched to MAC Studio Fix powder since their color selection is better. However, if Palladio had a more yellow shade, this would probably be an HG powder foundation for me.