July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wasted a lot of money on makeup remover wipes and I got tired of drying my face out with them (because of all the alcohol!!!!) anyway, after reading allll the reviews on mua (literally, ALL OF THEM.) I went through with it and bought a small container of this.

Totally worth the five bucks, removes your makeup completely and doesn't leave much residue. All you have to do is massage it into your skin for about a minute, use a kleenex or baby wipe and wipe of all the makeup softly. You don't need to rub much because it literally dissolves the makeup. I'm really skeptical about it removing it all the first time so I always go over it a second time only to feel stupid because there's seriously no makeup left on my face, one time is enough!

I have really acne prone, oily, sensitive skin and this has yet to break me out. I have regular hormonal breakouts and my skin is really touchy but seriously this hasn't done ANYTHING to upset my skin. I use it daily whether it's just to remove eye makeup remover or a full face of makeup (foundation, powder, blush, concealer) and it gets eeeeverything off. I follow with my regular cleanser (clean and clear's deep action cream cleanser) and then go over my face with my homemade apple cider vinegar toner. My face feels neither dry nor oily and it most definitely leaves my face feeling clean. Will continue repurchasing for sure.

I will say that.......I absolutely despise the packaging BUT I manage to get the product out without having to stick my fingers in the product.

EDIT 9/8/2013: Just bought my second tub of this stuff and still loving it. Doesn't break me out and it literally melts the makeup off my face. I use baby wipes to take it off and then follow up with an olay cleansing cloth to get absolutely EVERYTHING off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

I truly believe it's my HG makeup remover both for removing eye makeup and face makeup. I don't use face makeup everyday, apart from maybe a bit of concealer, but I do use eyeliner everyday. I don't use mascara everyday because I hate struggling to remove it and it just ends up on my towels (which is a pain to clean). I used to use Neutragena eye makeup remover, but even then it's hard to get rid of most of my mascaras (not to mention that my eyelids get really irritated and they start to get sensitive and sting).

Reasons why I love the Cold cream : 1. You get SO MUCH product it's ridiculous. People complain about the price because it's a drugstore product but honestly, I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I barely scratched off the surface even though I'm quite generous when putting it on. 2. It does NOT sting my eyes and it even moisturizes my eyelids. I don't have sensitive eyes, but my eyelids are very thin and so I love how freely I can rub it on (so that I get all my makeup off) but still know that my lids won't hurt afterwards. 3. I got it at CVS for half price (buy 1 get 1 free) and honestly it's gonna last me for a good couple of years maybe. So look out for deals like that. 4. Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

I have VERY flaky skin around my nose and forehead but other than that, my skin gets ridiculously oily no matter what season.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first started using this because my Mamaw uses it. :) I use this to remove my eye makeup, and it takes every bit off, and I usually do dramatic eye makeup! I've repurchased this before and will keep repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LumiNaughty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG makeup remover for me!! I have clog and acne prone skin and this stuff is awesome!! It takes off ALL makeup, waterproof mascara, and sunscreen. I massage it into dry skin and then remove with warm damp cloth. It leaves my skin soft! If I want to remove any excess then I just lather up some bar soap and lightly rub than on and rinse off. I have yet to find a great moisturizer that doesnt turn into an oil slick and for times when I need to look great but not worry about sunscreen I rub in Ponds, take shower and remove and then apply makeup without anything extra...flawless for me. Ponds reformulated this product in the past year and this review is for the updated version...my skin noticed no difference. Again, HG for me!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by nattib2

I use this as a makeup primer, and it delivers flawless application on any foundation. i have tried so many primers but nothing delivers a dewy satin glow like this cold cream. I would often get dry patches on my skin after makeup application but this eliminates that problem. everyone should have a jar!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Best product out there to cleanse all traces of makeup an pollutants! I guarantee you! I find it kind of expensive for the quantity but it is well worth it. Nothing pampers the skin like this! Just massage your face with it and remove with a damp washcloth. Everything will come off, even eye makeup, and it does not irritate the skin at all! I have sensitive acne-prone skin and believe me, I've tried using makeup removing towlettes since they've had a hype lately and all they did was provoke me some serious acne. I always return to this product and I've been using it for 6 years now! It has been used by my aunts and my mom and they all have lovely skin. It's just the best classic product!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by phoenixstar76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be an old standby for me, it was so soothing and cleaned deeply. My sensitive skin has been acting up lately, so I ordered some. Sadly Pond's has changed the formulation. Not only is it not as thick as it once was, but it now also BURNS my skin! I can't believe it, they ruined such a good product. When I read the reviews on Amazon (after my purchase) I saw that others had noticed the changes as well. It sucks. Don't let the look of the old jar fool you, this is not the original!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by pandaslow

Chanced upon this by accident in the supermarket, it's a great makeup remover , works like a cleanser so I can get the foundation/BB cream off my whole face really fast. Doesn't sting, really soothing and has a nice mild fragrance. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts but Pond's doesn't aggravate it, I think it helps it when I use it as well! I usually remove my makeup before applying another cleanser on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Lilybelle911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using Pond's cold cream for a million years. I'm trying to remember how I discovered it. I think my grandmother used it. My mom used Albolene, which is super greasy. Anyway, Ponds is my favorite makeup remover, and I've tried quite a few of them over the years in various price ranges. In my experience nothing works better for massaging off makeup and dirt. My skin is dry/normal and slightly sensitive. As the reviewer below suggests, use a warm damp washcloth to remove it - although I tissue it off first and THEN use a damp washcloth. Sometimes I use an astringent afterward (which I find exfoliates well, but it can be a little irritating) but an astringent isn't necessary. Ponds thoroughly cleanses and makes my skin look and feel good. The warm, damp washcloth, however, is the key to removing all of the product and leaving your face clean. This is one of my all time favorite drugstore can't be without products. I like the scent, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I happen to like this, a lot. If used properly it can be a wonderful deep, moisturizing cleanser. Your mileage may vary according to your skin type. But ladies, you must use a damp or wet washcloth to reap all the benefits! ( it even says so on the product itself) If you are "tissuing" it off or taking a shower and moving it around with your hands, you will certainly not have a clean face at all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No