April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

My grandma actually introduced my to this product and she absolutely swears by it for soft moisturized skin. I use this cold cream at night time after washing and exfoliating and it tightens my skin and keeps it very supple until the next day. I started noticing a difference about 2 weeks into using it. I still use other moisturizers, but save this one when my skin really needs a deep hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It takes off my makeup pretty well and I usually use it on the shower but I don't like having to use a paper towel to wipe it off when I don't use it in the shower. It has a kind of greasy feeling too, so eh.

UPDATE
I only use this when I'm also in the shower. It actually is an amazing makeup remover. It literally takes everything off, even the waterproof mascaras that I usually struggle with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Wongbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely incredible. I have very dry and sensitive skin. My skin was doing fine until I tried an exfoliator that turned out to be too harsh. My nose/ cheeks broke out in an unsightly rash that looked horrible under makeup, and was furthermore irritated when I removed my foundation. I tried the "hydradrew mask" from Skoah ($40). It didn't help the irritation, but it did stop it from getting MORE irritated. I then tried the Pond's cold cream. Holy shit, I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. It has done wonders to the inflammation, and I could already see a dramatic difference within an hour after application. And for $11 it is amazing value for money. I would have no problem paying $40-50 for it.

I highly HIGHLY recommend for dry sensitive skin and rashes. Give it a try and if it doesn't work on your rash, at least it's still a great moisturizer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have so much love for this product I don't even know where to start. This takes off my waterproof make-up like nothing else can. And during the harsh Canadian winter when my skin is super dry, this is honestly my saviour. The scent is decent, not something I would rave about, but not something that bothers me. I would (and do) repurchase again and again and again !!

My routine:
1) Apply a thin layer of Pond's, leave it on for 10 minutes while getting ready for bed/surfing the net/showering/etc. (I really like the showering thing because the steam opens my pores).
2) Dampen a cotton pad with warm water, and gently wipe off.
And just like that, ALL my make up (foundation, mascara, eyeliner, EVERYTHING) is gone! Don't even need to use additional make-up remover. And my face stays hydrated :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I THINK I like this. I am super picky about my skincare, and to be honest, a bit obsessed with it. I have combination-dry skin, with acne prone chin and forehead. I always have a couple zits on my face. I wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation every day, so I need something to take it off. This works beautifully for face makeup (I prefer a separate eye makeup remover), and takes off every little bit. I massage on a dry face, and wash it off with Johnson's Baby Wash.
Pros:
-moisturizing
-scent doesn't irritate
-takes off all makeup
Cons:
-I think this might've broken me out. This is a suspect, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I hope it wasn't because I have found no other cheap face makeup removers. :/ I purchased another jar, but I'm hesitant to use it, and may return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by c_forever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard of the cold cream cleansing method for years but just couldn't imagine washing my face with an oily cream. I have hormonal acne around my chin area and over the years my skin changed from oily to extremly dry (early 30's). A lot of online research made me realize that I may have been over doing it with the acne cleansers and soap cleansers, so I gave this a shot expecting to break out but much to my surprise nothing! This didn't trigger any acne. I still get my usual hormonal monthly breakouts but this definitely doesn't make it worse. I love how it makes my skin feel moisturized after I use it and how cheap it is ($6.00 @ Shoppers in Canada).

I rub this into my face in the evenings and wipe off with a warm wet washcloth, repeat if I'm wearing a lot of makeup, and then apply a moisturizer. Honestly belive this has made a huge difference in my problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by buden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cold cream! I bought the rite aid brand before they switched their formulas. I have eleven containers of the Original Ponds Cold Cream Formula, Rite Aid Brand containing: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Ceresin, Sodium Borate, Fragrance, Carbomer. Get this while you can because even all the dupes (including CVS and Rite Aid) have changed the formulas. Get the classic, original cold cream! I am willing to break up the eleven containers into lots of five,six etc, if preferred. Check out my swaps.

<3 Happy cleansing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gwill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a simple moisturizer for everyday use, prefer something more natural and targeted to a specific concern of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sherryclinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading some of the reviews here about a year ago, I decided to give it a try, WOW!!! I have mature, dry, sensitive skin,that still breaks out every now and then. I use this to remove my makeup, I apply and then wipe off with baby washcloths in the shower, as they are nice and soft on my face, I have never used anything so gentle and thourough, I will also use as a moisturizer some nights. This is by far better than a lot of the high end makeup removers. A must try .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with this Ponds product! I bought it because I was researching vintage/retro products and Ponds came up. It has been around forever and ever and so I started asking some of the elderly women I work with (nursing home setting) about Ponds and they all talked so fondly of it and honestly, for their age, had great skin!

So, I bought two jars when it was BOGO free at CVS and I am so glad I did. I use it in two different ways. One is as a makeup remover (this removes makeup like I have never seen before, including eye makeup)- I just apply a layer, let it sit, and gently towel it off. The skin is so soft. You can go right to bed.

The second way I use it is as a moisturizer. All of the ladies said they used it that way and I read online that it was a common practice (still is) so I tried and man-- this seriously beats all of the high end stuff I have bought (Murad, Juice Beauty, even drugstore like Olay). I put it on just like a regular lotion and when I wake up, I have the ultimate baby soft skin!! It is really amazing to me!

EDIT: I have begun using this a 3rd way, which is I rub it all over my face as you normally would to remove makeup up (including eyes) but then instead of toweling off, I rinse it off with water. The results are amazing!! This is now primarily how I use it. If you feel like there is a oily residue from just toweling off, this takes care of it and leaves your skin sooooo smooth and soft!

I have no break outs and actually, I find that it clears up my skin and even has faded some spots.

I highly recommend to at least try this product. If you don't like it, you can use it as a body or foot lotion. The scent is outstanding!

Also, the original one is the best one in my opinion. I also bought the cucumber one and although the scent is great, it is just not the same. I liked it enough to keep it, but it really has nothing on the original! I also bought the CVS brand (I was on a kick after I tried it) and it also is not the same. Stick with the original Ponds and you will be pleased.

I actually think the price is a little bit high for drug store but you get a big tub and don't need a lot. I have hardly made a dent.

I am so pleased with this and enjoy the connection with older generations, too! Sometimes the tried and true product is really the best for a reason!