October 31, 2014 | 786 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by metdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome program. You take back what you have used and they give you a new Lippie! GIDDY UP!!!! I love it. I have a ton of product I have used and I take them back and get a lippie that is different then I would normally wear to try. Why not! Thanks MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by STOPmunch

My only complaint is that I live nowhere near a freestandin or pro store. I have to get a lipstick. I haven't found a single MAC lipstick that looks good on me. Seriously

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jackie0h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

How can you not love this program? If you bring back 6 empties to a freestanding store you can get a free lipglass, eyeshadow, lip gelee or lipstick. If you go to a counter you can get a free lipstick. How awesome is it to get an awesome product you would buy anyway with something you would throw out otherwise. Can't say enough about this great program!!

As for miss_kate's review down there, uhhhh, who cares what it costs MAC to make a lipstick? That's irrelevant. No matter what it costs them to make they are under no obligation to give anyone free shadow/lipstick or any other product. How can you argue with that. Oh, I don't want that free diamond because it only cost you $8 to manufacture. Makes sense. Not. You obviously aren't a MAC fan and as you said, we are, so that's great... more free MAC for us!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

The idea is great. I just wish the option of getting a lipglass was also available. why only lipstick? not everyone wears lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by IllumiGem

This program is awesome bc MAC doesn't have to be giving free products to their customers...recycling in itself is great IMO. Also I'm pretty sure the new B2M policy is not exclusive to just lipsticks anymore. You have a choice of a lipglass, an eyeshadow or a lipstick...but this only applies to free standing stores. Woohoo! Lipglasses here I come!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Itís reasonably easy for me to empty 6 MAC containers because I use many MAC products. What a great idea to encourage people to look after the environment by incentivising with a free lipstick Ė and letís face it, MAC arguably has the best range of lipsticks around. As I love lipgloss and the glosses cost less (in Australia at least) it would be an even better program if there was the flexibility to get a free gloss or a lipstick. Other than that the program is excellent. If only other cosmetic companies would follow suitÖ

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by tanni

This isn't really a product but... Oh well, heheh. This is definitly a great program for those loyal MAC consumers... And for everyone else who has at least six empty containers. Great program! And to the person below... You sound a bit preachy, at least that's my impression. Skimmed the blog and didn't see any sources cited. I know it's a blog and not an essay, but even so... When trying to sway minds, as it appears the blog and anti-MAC sign is intended to do, it's best to back up what you're saying with a bit of proof. Anyway, oh well. Lipstick is a good insentive to recycle, huh? Hahah. Now I have a reason to hold on to old containers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did a Back-2-MAC for the first time- after being a loyal, MAC cosmetics purchaser/user for at least 5 years now. I could kick myself, becuz I know I threw out some empty MAC foundation bottles some time ago, not knowing that they were considered part of the recycling program. (For some strange reason, I thought it only applied to empty eyeshadow compacts and empty lipstick tubes!) Now, thanks to a very sweet, helpful, young MA at the Bloomingdales MAC counter... I realize this program applies to almost ALL old, empty, used, or "unloved" MAC products! How fantastic! Thanks to this nice girl, I went home and promptly gathered 2 very old Pro lash mascaras that I stopped using and never discarded (thank goodness), a Lipglass (New Years Yves) that was always way too red for me, an Amplified Creme lipstick that I was allergic to (contained lanolin), a too bright fuchsia eyeshadow that I never used (Plume), and a blush that was just way too red for me. Traded all those unused and expired make-up items in for a brand-new lipstick (Eden Rocks) that I totally adore!Thank you, MAC, for your wonderful recycling program!!!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by styrch

This is an incredible idea! What a great way to reward loyal customers! The only reason I don't give it a 5 star rating is that I wish you could return the items and get a lipglass instead if you chose. There's not a price discrepancy (at least I think there isn't) so why not let us swap for something else?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

tired of some make up MAC item in your bag? you have a MAC item for 3 yrs and don't know what to do with it? should you toss it? well, back to MAC!!!!! this is the niftiest most wonderful program any cosmetic co has. instead of the garbage can, back to MAC is the receipient of all the above and you get a free l/s. i am very pleased with the whole idea.