July 28, 2014 | 2197 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

The idea is great. I just wish the option of getting a lipglass was also available. why only lipstick? not everyone wears lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by IllumiGem

This program is awesome bc MAC doesn't have to be giving free products to their customers...recycling in itself is great IMO. Also I'm pretty sure the new B2M policy is not exclusive to just lipsticks anymore. You have a choice of a lipglass, an eyeshadow or a lipstick...but this only applies to free standing stores. Woohoo! Lipglasses here I come!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Itís reasonably easy for me to empty 6 MAC containers because I use many MAC products. What a great idea to encourage people to look after the environment by incentivising with a free lipstick Ė and letís face it, MAC arguably has the best range of lipsticks around. As I love lipgloss and the glosses cost less (in Australia at least) it would be an even better program if there was the flexibility to get a free gloss or a lipstick. Other than that the program is excellent. If only other cosmetic companies would follow suitÖ

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by tanni

This isn't really a product but... Oh well, heheh. This is definitly a great program for those loyal MAC consumers... And for everyone else who has at least six empty containers. Great program! And to the person below... You sound a bit preachy, at least that's my impression. Skimmed the blog and didn't see any sources cited. I know it's a blog and not an essay, but even so... When trying to sway minds, as it appears the blog and anti-MAC sign is intended to do, it's best to back up what you're saying with a bit of proof. Anyway, oh well. Lipstick is a good insentive to recycle, huh? Hahah. Now I have a reason to hold on to old containers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did a Back-2-MAC for the first time- after being a loyal, MAC cosmetics purchaser/user for at least 5 years now. I could kick myself, becuz I know I threw out some empty MAC foundation bottles some time ago, not knowing that they were considered part of the recycling program. (For some strange reason, I thought it only applied to empty eyeshadow compacts and empty lipstick tubes!) Now, thanks to a very sweet, helpful, young MA at the Bloomingdales MAC counter... I realize this program applies to almost ALL old, empty, used, or "unloved" MAC products! How fantastic! Thanks to this nice girl, I went home and promptly gathered 2 very old Pro lash mascaras that I stopped using and never discarded (thank goodness), a Lipglass (New Years Yves) that was always way too red for me, an Amplified Creme lipstick that I was allergic to (contained lanolin), a too bright fuchsia eyeshadow that I never used (Plume), and a blush that was just way too red for me. Traded all those unused and expired make-up items in for a brand-new lipstick (Eden Rocks) that I totally adore!Thank you, MAC, for your wonderful recycling program!!!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by styrch

This is an incredible idea! What a great way to reward loyal customers! The only reason I don't give it a 5 star rating is that I wish you could return the items and get a lipglass instead if you chose. There's not a price discrepancy (at least I think there isn't) so why not let us swap for something else?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

tired of some make up MAC item in your bag? you have a MAC item for 3 yrs and don't know what to do with it? should you toss it? well, back to MAC!!!!! this is the niftiest most wonderful program any cosmetic co has. instead of the garbage can, back to MAC is the receipient of all the above and you get a free l/s. i am very pleased with the whole idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by richie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay, how can you not love this! i just did it for the first time (i'm a btm virgin). they were very helpful in helping me pick a great color and i ended up getting 3 instead of 1, those tricky tricky people! anyways loving my sophistico, charismatic, and viva glam V!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how this can get less than perfect in terms of scoring! I remember when I first started trying Mac products I redeemed my first set of empties for a Creme Liner since I didn't wear lipstick! But, since they were having problems with it, it's only a lipstick you can redeem for. I found I could only work the Glaze formulas so that kept me a bit limited in terms of redeeming for something I would use, but now they have the Lustres so I can finally have a bit more fun with the program!!

It's funny how this type of marketing actually works pretty good for them! One of my friends used to round up 6 of her barely used lipsticks so that she could get her FREE b2m lipstick. Then within a month or so, she would go out and rebuy one of those same lipsticks that she just tossed away for recycling! I at least finish the product before it goes back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 1:19:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

Ok, seriously I had no idea you could rate this until I saw it under the Newest Reviews. Of course, its all a marketing gimmick...but it works. I don't really buy MAC makeup anymore but I get their makeup (i.e. lip glass, shadows, etc.) as gifts on a fairly regular basis so I can get 6 easily. The thing is, I don't wear lipstick. So my mom gets a free lipstick every time. Like other reviewers, I wish you could get a lip gloss too, but oh well, its free, so who am I to complain. I strongly believe in recycling, so I think this is a great program! I hope they never discontinue it, otherwise no more free lipsticks for my mom!