July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have begun using this cleanser on my face in-between my stronger products for breakouts, to give my skin a break. I think it is a great gentle cleanser to use for that purpose. Or for someone with very sensitive skin. It doesn't lather much, which makes it less drying to the skin. I have noticed a smoother texture to my skin and best of all no breakouts! The soap is very mild, so I wouldn't recommend using it to remove makeup or expect a deep-clean from it. It's also slippery feeling so I have to watch how much I've pumped out & lathered. I think its wonderful to use in the winter because it is so much less drying, and its perfect for people who constantly use salicylic acid treatments (too much of it causes breakouts. how ironic).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have gone through 5-6 bottles of this already.

Pro: This is a good product that does exactly everything it claims to do: cleanses skin of oil and dirt, does not dry skin. I have oily/combination/acne skin and Cetaphil always removes all the excess oil efficiently without drying. It's indeed gentle enough to be used multiple times per day and it's perfect as a cleanser for acne medication. The smell is a light medicative smell, I find it okay even slightly pleasant, it definitely smells much better than the harsh smell of Spectro cleansers.

Con: It only cleanses but does not provide moisture barrier to the skin, meaning oily skin can become oily again very quickly. You have to use this with another moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by CokeDuSmoke

Will I repurchase? Yes. I have already 5 times--of the big bottles. This cleanser is hands down, the greatest for my skin. It isn't drying, nor stripping, nor acne causing. It has helped with my blackheads, I believe, although I'm not 100% sure to this day.

Strolling along in Walmart, I was venturing out for a new cleanser many moons ago. I had tried everything by Clean and Clear (which I don't recommend), I had tried Neutrogena (which I definitely don't recommend), and Phisoderm (great for oily skin, however not for me.), Dove soap (great for a while, but caused blackheads and oilyness), Aveeno (nice but too fragrant), the list goes on and on.

I was searching for CeraVe foaming cleanser, but unfortunately we do not have it here in Canada. So gazing upon all of the cleansers, which I had tried and had failed me, I picked up Cetaphil thinking "this won't work, but I'll try it I guess". Yep, it worked.

It leaves my face so clean and smooth. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This went down much in the same way as the Cerave counterpart... Irritating, and caused acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cleanser! I've used this for years and years and it never fails me! Most reviewers on here say that they hate the scent but I actually prefer this scent over most fragranced cleansers. It's a very clean, almost powdery scent that it a little reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I've used this cleanser as a body wash but I have found it to be a touch too drying and I will alternate using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser when my skin gets a little dry. I use 2 pumps in the evening to take off my makeup and I've found that it removes all my eye makeup really well, including mascara! I'm also convinced that although there's no acne medication in the cleanser, I've found that it really clears up my blackheads and hormonal breakouts :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! My dermatologist (who is actually a critically acclaimed dermatologist in NJ) recommended this product to me for years. I have combination acne prone skin. This cleanser is great for reducing redness, oil and dryness. It goes with many skin care routines and provides a nice base for moisturizers. f you use it for months, you will also obtain a nice glow to your skin. My dermatologist told me she recommends this product for almost all skin types. It is extremely gentle. The versatility of this product alone has caused me to give it a high rating of 4 stars. I would give it the full 5, but I dislike the smell of it, and the price has slightly increased.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros -
- Keeps sensitive and breakout prone skin clear
- does not irritate skin

Cons
- as silly as it sounds, Cetaphil is not the most exciting product to try. I keep wanting to try out other products, but always come back to this. I really is an HG cleanser

Good for
- Everyone. Especially those with sensitive skin that want to maintain a relatively clear skin

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent was very strong, and it just didn't do anything for my oily/acne-prone skin. I actually felt greasier after using it, and I would wake up in the morning with greasy skin. It does seem to be very gentle, but it is just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by mariapastel

Horrible for skin!! I used both facial cleanser and moisturizer and broke me out all over. My face was all red with bumps STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a basic cleanser and I like it overall. Sometimes I feel like it leaves oil on my face but I can deal with that. I don't know if it removes foundation but it removes most of my eyeshadows while being gentle