October 30, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I think Cetaphil is a brand most famous for it's cleanser. I wanted the one for sensetive skin, but I couldn't find it at my target, so I got this one instead. My skin is very acne-prone and very, very fair, so the breakouts are even more noticible. As of lately, I've been using the acne.org system, but stopped due to the fact that it's super drying, and I wasn't seeing any major improvements. And it was drying. Did I mention it was drying? I was left with uncomfortable, flaking skin, so I decided to try this since Cetaphil is know to be a gentle brand. I have to say, I really like it! I use it in the shower at night to remove my makeup, and follow with a very gentle scrub that has salicylic acid (currently the neutrogena acne stress control power clear scrub), them my current lotion (dual action moisturizer- clean and clear), and apply persa gel on my annoying blemishes. Then in the morning, I cleanse with this and apply the moisturizer again. That's it! I definitely see and improvement in the texture of my skin. I also seem to be breaking out much less, and my left over breakouts are slowly going away. I'm not sure if this on it's own helps with acne, but if you have skin that's been exposed to harsh chemicals on a daily basis, this is great. The texture is an almost slimy one. I happen to like it, but some may not. The cleanser itself is clear and nn irratating. It has a fragrence, but nothing offensive or anything that smells like it would cause breakouts (not florary or perfumey...). The packaging is simple. It comes in a pyramid shaped bottle with a pump. On the front is a sticker with Cetaphil on it, and come general information like the product name. On the back is a label with product ingrediants and some other information. I think this is a great product, especially for the price and what it does for me and my skin. If you have skin like mine, I would recommend this to you.
UPDATE: Castor oil. Yep, this is in it. It breaks me out, so I had to quit using this. Really liked it, but rating it a two for crappy ingrediants.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by addisonsmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product! It did absolutley nothing for my skin! I broke out about 3 days after I began using it. I had horrible white heads around my mouth and dry patchiness. i have super sensitive skin, maybe my skin could not tolarate it. I ended up using it on my body, for some acne I had on my back.

I really love pump packaging, so that is probably the only good thing I can say about this product. But once I began running out the bottle kind of imploded on itself.

I do not recomend this at all, and am not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by prat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

first of all, my skin is usually break-out free and I was lucky enough to bypass that whole teenage acne phase. but after 4 years of being in tropical weather and then coming back to the harsh Chicago cold, my skin started freaking out! i got a pimple every single day for weeks! And i started buying everything to counteract it. I tried clinique, salicylic acid, aveeno, likas soap, clean and clear and even tried making that ACV toner. It just made it 10 times worse. I figured less is more and then stopped everything and started just cetaphil twice a day and using the Clinique DDMG. Thank god! my skin went back to normal and it doesn't have that dry feeling. I was told to use the cetaphil moisturizer but that just leaves a greasy feeling on my face so i figured this was the best combination.

Honestly if you have sensitive skin that only has occasional breakouts, i would not start things like BP or salicylic acids. Because from experience, once you start them you have to keep continuing them because if you stop your skin will break out like crazy again. So just make sure you find a good combination of cleanser + moisturizer (it'll probably change from winter to summer) and stick with it. Like i said less is more.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up to use following my makeup remover to just freshen up my skin. Unfortunately it's causing me to break out here and there. Will try it a few more times to verify that it is the culprit but for now I'm almost certain. I am acne prone to begin with but mind you I wash my brushes every time I use them, always do my skin care routine, don't touch my face, change pillow cases etc .. I take EVERY preventative measure to prevent acne & this was the only thing I changed.

Yep, cause Acne. I don't like the consistency it's this awkward cream-gel! I like the bar soap WAY better :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

First, I love that it comes packaged with a pump dispenser.
I generally leave this in my shower and use it as a post-workout cleanser, or as a pre-cleanser to using my acne treatment. Don't expect a deep clean from it, to be sure, but you can expect that it will clean off your makeup and the excess oil from your skin without drying you out (just like it says).
I experienced no reaction to it like others describe, and was actually rather happy that it didn't cause me any redness.
All in all, a fine cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have begun using this cleanser on my face in-between my stronger products for breakouts, to give my skin a break. I think it is a great gentle cleanser to use for that purpose. Or for someone with very sensitive skin. It doesn't lather much, which makes it less drying to the skin. I have noticed a smoother texture to my skin and best of all no breakouts! The soap is very mild, so I wouldn't recommend using it to remove makeup or expect a deep-clean from it. It's also slippery feeling so I have to watch how much I've pumped out & lathered. I think its wonderful to use in the winter because it is so much less drying, and its perfect for people who constantly use salicylic acid treatments (too much of it causes breakouts. how ironic).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have gone through 5-6 bottles of this already.

Pro: This is a good product that does exactly everything it claims to do: cleanses skin of oil and dirt, does not dry skin. I have oily/combination/acne skin and Cetaphil always removes all the excess oil efficiently without drying. It's indeed gentle enough to be used multiple times per day and it's perfect as a cleanser for acne medication. The smell is a light medicative smell, I find it okay even slightly pleasant, it definitely smells much better than the harsh smell of Spectro cleansers.

Con: It only cleanses but does not provide moisture barrier to the skin, meaning oily skin can become oily again very quickly. You have to use this with another moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by CokeDuSmoke

Will I repurchase? Yes. I have already 5 times--of the big bottles. This cleanser is hands down, the greatest for my skin. It isn't drying, nor stripping, nor acne causing. It has helped with my blackheads, I believe, although I'm not 100% sure to this day.

Strolling along in Walmart, I was venturing out for a new cleanser many moons ago. I had tried everything by Clean and Clear (which I don't recommend), I had tried Neutrogena (which I definitely don't recommend), and Phisoderm (great for oily skin, however not for me.), Dove soap (great for a while, but caused blackheads and oilyness), Aveeno (nice but too fragrant), the list goes on and on.

I was searching for CeraVe foaming cleanser, but unfortunately we do not have it here in Canada. So gazing upon all of the cleansers, which I had tried and had failed me, I picked up Cetaphil thinking "this won't work, but I'll try it I guess". Yep, it worked.

It leaves my face so clean and smooth. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This went down much in the same way as the Cerave counterpart... Irritating, and caused acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cleanser! I've used this for years and years and it never fails me! Most reviewers on here say that they hate the scent but I actually prefer this scent over most fragranced cleansers. It's a very clean, almost powdery scent that it a little reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I've used this cleanser as a body wash but I have found it to be a touch too drying and I will alternate using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser when my skin gets a little dry. I use 2 pumps in the evening to take off my makeup and I've found that it removes all my eye makeup really well, including mascara! I'm also convinced that although there's no acne medication in the cleanser, I've found that it really clears up my blackheads and hormonal breakouts :)