April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by triplemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I work at a makeup boutique and Bare Minerals is, by far, our best-selling foundation.

When it works, it's beautiful. I have found that Bare Minerals is particularly flattering on younger skin. These girls just glow when I apply BM on them. But after age 30,it's hit and miss. I am 49 and this stuff looks terrible on me. My skin is normal, oily in tzone and I don't have many lines or wrinkles -- but BM seems to settle in my pores and accentuate my skin's flaws.

They recently came out with a compact version that I think may be more universally flattering. It's more hydrating than the loose powder. That said, no powder foundation is your friend if you have dry skin. Go with a moisturizing liquid, or at least a cream-to-powder formula. And wear a primer underneath!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by jarrah

I'm so disappointed!
I was on a trip and while In the mall I realized that I needed a touch-up but I forgot my Chanel universal powder back in my country so i decided to check Sephora and the BE SA was the first to help and she tried this amazing colour on my skin which I loved at the time.
By the time I got back to the hotel room my skin was oily, pores were HUGE and the rest of the product set in my expression lines.
And so i realized the I've bought an expensive product to make my skin look old and dark.

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is bear allright. Does not do ANYTHING for your skin. When they shoot their ADs on TV they probably apply this "foundation" over tons of liquid foundation or something, because it does not cover anything. My face has far less issues and it does not cover anything. It looks cakey and dry. Overall, a terrible overhyped overpriced junk. Don't waste your money, please. Unless it is 50 cents or something, then yeah, you can use it under your eyes while applying an eyeshadow to brush it off. Otherwise, CHEAP JUNK!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Not a big fan of this product. I feel like it almost emphasized my lines and made my pores appear bigger. I know people that love this product and can pull off the look but it's definitely not for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister convinced me to try this. I can see how this might be exactly what some people want, but it just wasn't a good match for me. Overall, it's a good product. It gives a customizable level of coverage, which is nice. The brushes it came with are great and I will continue to use them with other makeup. The mineral veil is a really nice product and the bronzer is okay. There's a ton of stuff in that starter kit for your money.
I think I would like this more if I didn't prefer a moister, more dewy finish. While it doesn't feel heavy to me, it does feel dry and unnatural. And if you use a heavier moisturizer to counteract the drying effect, the powder and moisturizer together feels like a mud pie on your face. While it didn't bother me in the beginning, it really started to annoy me towards the end that this product makes a mess every time you use it. I'm sick of cleaning it up, there has to be a better way to package this. Packaging is never much of an issue for me, but in this case it makes the product no fun to use. To many negatives to outweigh the positives, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like bare minerals, but alone I have to wear a liquid foundation under it to cover my acne scars. Great for touch-up, and hopefully some day my scars will fade enough to wear just this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I used BME for about two years and it just didn't work for me. I wanted it to work so bad. The color selection just never worked for me and it always accentuated my pores and settled in my fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to oily skinned girls because you still become an oil slick after just a few hours. I find that mineral type foundations are not as long lasting as liquid or creme foundations and tend to settle in fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I agree with some reviewers underneath. Whilst this can look amazing on some people, it made my skin look dehydrated and dull. It didn't give me a fresh look. Powder did used to work much better on my skin but now I stick to TM as it looks much healthier on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ytaiym87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first was introduced to bare minerals through my little sister, I was intrigued by the idea of makeup that sits on the face instead of in your face. I also felt like all liquid make up made me feel itchy and at the end of the day when I took it off my skin felt tight and uncomfortable. Well I went to the bare minerals store, tried it on and fell in love, I bought 3 foundations, brushes, shadows and blushes. I absolutely loved it at first, I recommended it to all my friends and thought I had found my HG. Well a few weeks later I noticed I would get giant cystic acne a log my jaw line, chin and cheeks, I freaked out and stopped using BM right away. I did some research on BM and apparently it contains bismuth oxychloride, a known skin irritant. I also found that BM is not as "natural" and "organic" as it claims to be.

Overall, I love mineral make up and was very disappointed. Just ordered lucy minerals, I'm excited to try it and see how it reacts to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A former roommate of mine got the most beautiful looking skin with this stuff, but for me it does just not work. I think it is because my skin has some dry patches. It makes me look totally dried out, so I would not recommend it for dry skin and definitely do recommend to try it before you buy it.