December 18, 2014 | 1729 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although I said I would purchase this product again, I really meant "maybe." I love this product to death, but I actually only really use it as a mask. I use it as a cleanser when I want to do something different, but other than that I use it as a quick mask when I don't feel up to doing a full out clay mask that requires a bit more labor than this one. As a mask I feel like it really helped me with my acne, and definitely enjoyed using it. However, it's convience is probably the only thing drawing me back to it - I recently purchased the aztec healing clay mask and it has done wonders, so despite the added efforts involved with using the mask, I like it better than this. Overall, yes, I will probably buy it again in the future just for the option; yes, it helped me with my acne and helped with oil control. It is a wonderful mask, I didn't really enjoy using it as a cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is an old favorite. I used to use this in high school. Honestly, this is one of the few products I have in memory that actually does what it says it's going to do. When left on problem areas as a mask, the next day that problem area will look 10x better. It's a great mask to have lying around and even can be used a spot treatment overnight on small areas. (Just beware that the benzoyl peroxide will stain some pillowcases, particularly blue colored ones, so you have to sleep with an old towel over your pillow.) This is a great product, a little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts forever, and it does what it says it's going to do. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ClubNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! Keeps my skin soft and smooth. I like Proactive ok for a while but realized it was making my face worse. Neutrogena makes my face feel clean and fresh! I use olive oil and baby wash to remove my eye makeup, wash with Neutrogena, and finish with a little Acne Free toner diluted.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by liveinlovexx93

maybe this product just isn't cooperating with my skin. seriously, i bought this because of all the awesome reviews on here and i wanted a mask to help clear up some of the little bumps in my skin. i do not have extremely acne prone skin, so i wasn't expecting this to break me out, only help clear me up. at first when i used it, i was impressedd. my skin felt soft and looked brighter. the next day though, i had even MORE little raised bumps, and even some whiteheads forming. a few months later, i decided to try it again, and it did the exact same thing. so unfortunately, i have to toss this. that's really upsetting because it seems to be working so well for other people

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Daisyk17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product I was thinking hmm.. maybe it will work but it left my skin dry and irritated and it was as heavy product.. it made my skin feel dry an when i took the mask off my skin felt like 10 pounds was lifted from it.. not good!!!! i would NEVER BUY IT AGAIN!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING product! i had a terrible reaction to a different cleanser and my skin broke out in bulks of red, angry, cystic acne. i was desperate for a cleanser replacement. then i gave this product a go.
the cleanser was soothing and refreshing as i massaged it onto my skin. such a relief for my soar pimples! the morning right after i began using this product, the majority of my pimples vanished! the soars that remained reduced 80% in size! i was ssoooo happy.
ive continued to use this product for a couple weeks now, and my skin has cleared up considerably.
my only concern is that it can be a wee bit drying (i have oily skin). so for dry-skins (and anybody allergic to benzoyl peroxide), i'd avoid this stuff, and oily/combination-skins, i'd invest in a good moisturizer.

UPDATE (07/19/11): although this product helped treat my acne, it left my skin dull and dry (due to the BP). since ive stopped using it as a cleanser and turned to all-natural remedies, my skin is GLOWING and healthy! and my acne condition has continued to improve. i'll finish my bottle but wont be repurchasing. now i only use this for spot treatment for the occasionally big, pesky whiteheads. but thats all i recommend this for: SPOT TREATMENT ONLY!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked at first then lost its effect. I disliked the menthol also. Also, the benzoyl peroxide is bad for my skin (free radicals).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Jinx41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mild acne. I have tried so many products from OTC to prescription. I use this product with my clarisonic twice a day and the mild acne has virtually disappeared. I have used other cleansers with my clarisonic and they don't get rid of the acne. For the price this product works for me. Finally!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sal4evr

I, too, wanted this to be the cleanser to ease my recent breakouts due to the hot and humid summer we're having. Oh, how I wanted to write a positive review like all the ones I read about it, but alack. It didn't work for me. It didn't make my current breakouts go away or heal faster. In fact, I think it may have caused these two massive blemishes that are still healing (it's been two weeks now since they sprung). I enjoyed the scent and cooling sensation caused by the menthol in it until I learned that menthol is actually an irritant! The flip cap on mine was also flimsy, so I always had to really bang it hard against something to close it. I think maybe I just don't respond as well to a lower strength BP because I'm used to using 10% BP as a spot treatment. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by purplefluff26

Omg i was really exicted when i first used this product, i didnt use it as a cleanser because i had a feeling it would dry my skin out so what i did was every other night put it as a mask... now for the first 2-3 times of use it felt nice and clean and seemed to be not causing any breakouts but after using it for more then 2-3 times i starting noticing that it may be clogging my pores and is not helping with my annoying mild acne at all! All my scars seem to appear more red which kinda sucks, i love the feeling it gives when you have it on, but its a disappointment. Never buying it again.