October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

It stings like I don't know what, but I'm strong so I can handle it. It really does get those pesky bumps that are about to form and get rid of them in about two days. For me, even some zits that have been popped, it roll this on them and they heal faster. No scar. No nothing. Then again, I use Zinc Oxide ointments and essential oil blends to help. But this is a good product. Mom bought it. Said it was expensive. I believe her.
Stuff works though. =D

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by shortbutswt38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I've figured it out. This product works great for CYSTIC acne, but only if it has not been popped, picked at, or fiddled with. If you've opened up the wound, then this will just sting and make it bigger and more raw. If its something that is just developing, roll on a good amount of this and it should significantly reduce the size by the next day. So buy this if you tend to get a lot of cystic acne that grow really large, and don't have a pustule that is prominent.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by scandelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. this is the only thing that will clear zits and blemishes OVER NIGHT for me. it also works on cystic acne, which can be pretty painful and can also leave noticeable scars. i wish i had this stuff when i was in high school, because it seriously works miracles. my mom and sister love this stuff too, and all of us swear by it. plus it has all natural ingredients, so you arent putting any icky chemicals on your skin. will continue to buy and recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by acbaker82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didn't really reduce pimples or keep them from coming up. The roller ball and liquid did feel nice on my face, and the ingredients left a fresh tingly feeling. It did dry quickly and absorb easy. The smell was pretty nice too. I will not buy again tho because the product did not keep blemishes at bay like it said it would.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a little surprised by all the bad reviews. I just bought this a few days ago, but so far so good. I have very sensitive, conbination skin that is prone to isolated spurts of breakouts. Yes, the smell is strong, and yes, its stings- but only for a few seconds. I would reccomend this as a spot treatment only. But it doesn't irritate my skin and EVERYTHING irritates my skin. And, bonus, it actually seems to make my pimples go away! ;) Also, I like the rollerball, but I am careful not to use it on a pimple that is, you know, leaking. That would definately gross it up pretty quickly. I like it. The only reason for taking off a lippie is the smell, but I can get past it for good results
Edit: Ultimately, I could not get past the smell. Reminded me of Ouzo, or Jaggermeister or something else that I swore off of years ago. Once I made that connection, it was all over.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

you're better off using plain old tea tree oil to curb breakouts...this didn't do a whole lot for me.

pros: innovative packaging with the rollerball.
cons: didn't work as well as plain tea tree does for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by kettyserene

For me, I haven't noticed anything from using this product other than the stinging and the licorice/parsley smell. I sometimes get very small white heads on my chin and forehead and annoying blackheads around my nose, but the product doesn't seem to make them go away or prevent them.

I don't get any major cystic pimples anymore but I would imagine this product would work wonderfully (and is probably intended to work) on those. It's more of a spot treatment, and since I have patches of tiny blemishes, it's not a good product for me.

Other than the results, I don't like how this product is just a liquid. Feels like I'm rolling leaf juice onto my skin. Couldn't they just make a lotion so it actually feels like it's staying put on my skin?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product does nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Nicolesid1

I got this with all of my Burt's Bees Facial product and thought this would be great for my acne and to do as a spot treatment when need be. It just burned when applying and did nothing for the acne. To top it off the ball that you roll on the skin either gives way to much or to little and picks up all the dead skin left on my face. It was sick and I could only use about a 1/4 of the product before having to toss it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by kt646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm.....this is just a so so product. I haven't noticed much of a difference and it is almost gone. I'm allergic to a detergent my mom used on my clothes so I broke out on my shoulders and back a bit so I went and bought this based on its decent reviews here. It makes me smell like licorice which isn't too bad but it kinda stings, I'm not sure the roll on thing is such a great idea either, kinda seems unsanitary and too much product comes out at once sometimes...overall it hasn't seemed to do much of anything for that breakout...so I won't be repurchasing.