July 28, 2014 | 2069 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jennirox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally wavy hair and wanted to get that beachy/semi-curly look, so I bought this. It just made my hair look gross and limp. Definitely not worth the 20 or so bucks that I paid for it. It also didn't come with a cap for the nozzle, so it's hard to travel with. I think there are other beach hair products out there that are cheaper and do a much better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by GingerSail

When I got my hair cut last they the stylist put this in my hair and I hated it so much I went home and washed it out. She described it as putting saltwater in your hair which doesn't make me feel good about it. It makes my normally smooth hair very rough. It does make hair easier to style and looks more voluminous, but I hate the texture!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, wavy long hair. The packaging is nice - I love the rubber bottle. I spray the product on wet/damp hair and let it air-dry, scrunching every so often.

When dry, my hair has a matte texture. It's not unpleasant, but it isn't run-my-fingers through my hair quality. It defines my waves better.

It's too drying for me to like it. Expensive and most of it leaked out of the bottle when travelling. It's just not worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! This is perfect for my hair in the summer - I have unruly, fine, wavy hair. When my hair is wet I just spray some of this in and let it air-dry; it gives me a beachy wave without any clumpiness or crispiness. Innovative product, will certainly buy again!

EDIT - After a few weeks of using this, my hair started to get dry and frizzy; I stopped using it an my hair is now back to normal - so I probably won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by 245am

i always am drawn to anything that promises hair that looks like you came from the beach. it makes me miss being back in hawai'i. and i think i always use them wrong. i bought this because my hairdresser would always use this and the thickening spray on my hair and she told me i if i had to pick up one or the other, she recommended the surf spray.

b&b's surf spray just makes my hair tacky, doesn't give it any texture or beach looking hair. it just makes me want to wash my hair or pull it back up in a pompadour. i did give an extra lippy for the packaging, i love that it is in a rubber bottle, which is also probably why i love NARS's packaging so much as well. i can't wait for my frederick fekkai beach waves spray to come in from sephora.com on friday, we'll see how much better that one works.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lgans1

Overall I liked this spray for my hair type. I have a lot of fine hair (so it seems thick) with a slight curl in the back, but straight in the front. It definitely made my hair wavy and did what I wanted it to do. However, it's not my favorite curl enhancing type product - it does make hair a little dry, and crunchy if you use too much. I put that I would buy this product again, but the fact that I haven't purchased it in over 3 years does say something. I like John Frieda's wave spray much more - it has oil in it that you shake up and then spray - and you can get it at the drugstore usually!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always been told by hair dressers that I have gorgeous, healthy, thick medium curly hair. Because of this I can experiment with hair products without fear of damaging my hair, well this stuff is BAD BAD BAD!
It left my hair feeling dry, crisp, fuzzy and undefined.I ended up with a rat's nest on my head and couldn't run my fingers through my hair it was so tangled. It also made my hair feel coated and dirty. I do not recommend at all. Not even a little bit. Double EW.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cacanzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely wouldn't call this product a bad product...however, it is not a good product for my hair type. I have very thick, wavy & naturally frizzy hair. Surf Spray definitely gives your hair texture and it certainly makes it very beach-like...but I think I was hoping that I'd have all the benefits of beach hair, but minus the negatives of beach hair. For me, the beach makes my hair EXTREMELY & this product dried out my hair as well. Also, since my hair naturally tends to frizz up, it also did so with this product. If my hair was naturally had more moisture and less frizz, I'd be able to give surf spray a higher rating...still, it's really not a bad product & I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a different hair type than me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by aleaster

I have fine/limp hair cut very short with a bunch of shaggy layers. This works great in my hair - but the trick is I spray a little on my hands first, then scrunch into dry hair only where I want wavy, messy texture. This method also makes the product last longer, which is important because it's super expensive! When I sprayed it directly onto my hair, I found the amount and direction hard to control, so I ended up with too much all over and got the greasy, flat look as a result. I don't know if it works on damp hair; I've never tried it because I use it as a finishing product. I know some reviewers don't like the scent, but I find it refreshing and natural compared to the overly perfume-y, fake coconut smell of other similar products I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by favola

It Has An Offensive Salty Odour But You Can Always Cover Up The Smell. Makes Waves Just Gorgeous.