October 23, 2014 | 997 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in warm medium. Before using this, my HG concealer for 5 years was Lancomes effacernes. That concealer was great but the two colors I was between, one way to light and the other to dark but it never creased and held all day. For this double wear concealer, I wish they had made the warm medium 5 years ago! Its 100% HG now all the way for me! I can really layer up under my eyes and get good coverage and not a single crease! If this concealer creases on you I'd say try the effacernes from Lancome and if that doesnt work then Im sorry my friend, no concealer will work for you. Trust me I know, I have tried every single concealer Macys, Nordstrom, Ulta and Sephora has to offer! This one is also great at covering old acne scars and redness like a champ! LOVE IT! BUY IT, for the amount you get, it lasts forever!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Emma32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic concealer, probably the best I've used. I have 02 light/medium I have dark under eye circles as well as spots and freckles that I like to conceal and this really does the job.
I've tried Clinique Airbrush concealer, which is good, but nothing compared to this concealer. It goes on really well, especially if you pat or tap it on, it has exceptional coverage.
I got this free with a double ended lipgloss but I will definitely purchase when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

Exceptionally good and long lasting concealer. Used with the right eye cream, it does not crack or settle into lines, covers up well and has SPF. The new formula is even better! I use color 01 Light which also adds radiance and the look of rejuvenated eyes.
Will always keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I love this. creamy and smooth, easy to apply, and
Giving just right coverage as concealer while it doesnt give cakey look ( lots of conclear are easy to give cakey look. it was hard to find the product like this..)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ive been using this product for a very long time. its a great long lasting concealer. it gives great coverage without being cakey. it always blends wonderfully . i also like using it under my brows to shape them after i fill them in :) it is a bit pricey though, but definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mimishikou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product expecting full coverage, no caking, nor creasing. I find that this is meant mostly for you eyes. The colors are quite far apart. I was swatched medium and fair-medium and my inner arm is light skin toned. I felt that the light medium was too pink and matched my inner arm. When I had medium on my hand, it was darker than my face, which is a medium. It definitely brightens my under eye, although it dries and flakes not to mention creases under my eyes. I like this when my under-eyes are not so dry. I usually layer 2 eye creams because one of too light and isn't moisturizing although has great effects. For acne scarring, this covers well, but somewhat "creases" and is very noticeable. Using a concealer brush helped but took more of my time up. This is quite hard to remove from your face and especially your delicate under-eyes. I don't use eye-makeup, so I don't use a remover. I don't want the cleanser to drip and rub in my eye if I don't be carful, and I don't want to irritate my under-eyes. If you don't have skin like mine, I would highly recommend it. It covers dark under-eye circles, but since i don't have very significant darkness, I don't find this product a necessity. If this didn't work for you, I would recommend the Bobbi Brown corrector. My under-eyes looked pretty natural all day with the exception of the last 11/12th hour.
And the applicator is a bit unsanitary, but workable. The color selection is poor as well. I guess this depends on your skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by fatbuttrue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this concealer. I was using Maybelline's dream matte mousse concealer and since it's discountinued i tried tons of concealers that would work for me. Not only my search is finally over but also that concealer is much much better. I set it with BenNye's Banana Visage Powder it stays put all day and covers everything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by madaba

It is tough to get really excited about this product, but maybe the fact that I use it day after day with no complaint is enough of a recommendation. I am still using the sample sized version and it has lasted forever. Never does anything wrong (like cake into fine lines) and is overall dependable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this concealer as a GWP along with my Double Wear foundation. I wouldn't have purchased it on my own because I have other concealers I'm happy with, but I gave it a try. Overall, this does not work well for the undereye area--despite how little I use (seriously, the size of the head of a pin) and how well I moisturize, it ends up emphasizing every wrinkle. It works better on pimples or discolorations. However, even there it does not have the staying power I expected from the name Double Wear. It works best if you put it on and layer (lightly) the foundation over it. On its own, it tends to get dry and crack, which calls attention to what you're trying to conceal. I find it kind of hard to work with, as it is almost impossible not to get way too much on your face. I usually take a concealer brush and barely tap it to the sponge applicator and use it that way. If you are considering this, I'd recommend trying it at the counter - have them apply it or show you how and see how it wears on you.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by BeeYourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage is great, but I honestly don't know why the packaging was so ill thought-out. The size and slenderness of the tube makes it easy for traveling, but the lip-gloss like applicator makes applying and preserving it so unhygienic. I've been using the same tube of concealer for about four months now (there's surprisingly a lot - and I use a pretty generous amount each day,) and I've been noticing for the last three months that I've been getting whiteheads and even big pimples from where the concealer touched my skin. I am not unsanitary with the product; I wash my hands thoroughly before dabbing on a little bit on my finger, and lightly dab it on my trouble spots. Even with precautionary cleanliness, I'm still getting little breakouts. If you think about it, the packaging of the concealer is really gross. However you apply the concealer, the applicator touches skin, collects bacteria (even if you washed your face/hands!) and goes right back into the tube of remaining concealer where there's a whole pool of festering bacteria from your hands yesterday and the day before. Also, when the applicator is pushed in and out of the tube, a sticky-squelchy sound is made, and through that push/pull transmission of air, more bacteria enters the tube. Basically, the concealer has the shelf life of mascara. The concealer can only be used for a few months before the amount of bacteria infesting the tube is overwhelming and starts to show on your face. Considering how expensive the concealer is as well, I definitely do not think that this is a really worthy purchase. Unless Estee Lauder will consider changing the packaging to a squeeze-tube or something equally sanitary and efficient, I will not be repurchasing.