December 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for covering blemishes - Not good for undereye area.

It IS double wear and in combination with the foundation works well to cover blemishes or redness on face. You HAVE to set it with powder or it will not stay and if you get too much on it can look cakey!

NO good for undereye area. I use Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and Brightener powder for my undereye area. THis concealer under eye is DRY DRY DRY no matter how much eye cream i use or how little concealer is use.

I love double wear products b/c of their staying power so i would buy again although the tube i have will last me a long time since i rarely break out to use this!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by hlektra9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After month of searching for the best concealer I think that I have finally find my holy grail! This is so great that I can believe it when I am looking into my mirror! I have pityriasis alba under my left eye and I have try many-many products to cover that area. Most products covers well (Sisheido, Benefit, E.L.F....) but looks so cakey! This is the only concealer that I have try that covers perfectly and looks so natural! I am truly impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

Longlasting undereye concealer w/good coverage but its TOO dry, settles into fine lines, dries so quickly you cant blend well. Not good with eye brightening products it simply becomes a chalky mess. Also on the expensive side and not a very hygienic application system. For a $25 EL DW product i expect a little more

9/18-update
I use w/undereye cream, blends better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm very happy with this concealer. I have super oily T-zone and this thing stays on all day long. I'm a Light Medium and am happy that the color matches my skin tone since they're only available in 3 colors (at least that's how it is in Indonesia). Instead of using foundation, I like to slap on some concealer on my T-zone, nose, cheeks (okay, that's almost every part of my face, lol) and then finish off with some powder and I must say I like the look better than having foundation on. Although the consistency of DW concealer is a bit thick, it seeps right into the skin and doesn't clog my pores. I have really sensitive skin but this did not give me any rash or zits so I'm very happy with it. Applying it on my T-zone also makes me blot waaaaaay less than before I purchased this. Normally I would be blotting by lunch time (that's only 3 hours after putting on makeup) and now with this concealer I only need to blot around 6pm and my sister said that my skin looked flawless like a doll. I used to wear MAC's studio fix concealer but that slid off my face by lunch time and I had to keep reapplying but with ELDW I don't need to touch my face until 6pm. I know it's a bit pricey (all ELDW products are close to about $40 and this teeny weenie concealer is the same price as the ELDW foundation, I was stressing in my pants when I saw the price tag) but I'm so happy I went with it cuz I think now I found my HG. I'm super happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Tamz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is the best thing ever! I've spent years searching for a concealer that actually conceals for a whole day without wearing off, creasing or causing breakouts. This is perfectly creamy consistency and the colour is a perfect match for me. I wear warm medium and the colour palatte is large so there is a match for every skin tone. I wear this all day and by day's end it still is doing its job with no creasing. The only thing I suggest is to make sure your skin is adequately moisturized before applying this and I've found the best method to apply is to apply little dots where you want it and use one finger tip to "dab" it into your skin (don't rub).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in warm medium. Before using this, my HG concealer for 5 years was Lancomes effacernes. That concealer was great but the two colors I was between, one way to light and the other to dark but it never creased and held all day. For this double wear concealer, I wish they had made the warm medium 5 years ago! Its 100% HG now all the way for me! I can really layer up under my eyes and get good coverage and not a single crease! If this concealer creases on you I'd say try the effacernes from Lancome and if that doesnt work then Im sorry my friend, no concealer will work for you. Trust me I know, I have tried every single concealer Macys, Nordstrom, Ulta and Sephora has to offer! This one is also great at covering old acne scars and redness like a champ! LOVE IT! BUY IT, for the amount you get, it lasts forever!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Emma32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic concealer, probably the best I've used. I have 02 light/medium I have dark under eye circles as well as spots and freckles that I like to conceal and this really does the job.
I've tried Clinique Airbrush concealer, which is good, but nothing compared to this concealer. It goes on really well, especially if you pat or tap it on, it has exceptional coverage.
I got this free with a double ended lipgloss but I will definitely purchase when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

Exceptionally good and long lasting concealer. Used with the right eye cream, it does not crack or settle into lines, covers up well and has SPF. The new formula is even better! I use color 01 Light which also adds radiance and the look of rejuvenated eyes.
Will always keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I love this. creamy and smooth, easy to apply, and
Giving just right coverage as concealer while it doesnt give cakey look ( lots of conclear are easy to give cakey look. it was hard to find the product like this..)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ive been using this product for a very long time. its a great long lasting concealer. it gives great coverage without being cakey. it always blends wonderfully . i also like using it under my brows to shape them after i fill them in :) it is a bit pricey though, but definitely worth it.