September 3, 2014 | 1403 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by livefree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Dove to cleanse my face and body. Leaves my skin feeling moisturized and fresh. I have acne-prone skin and Dove does not break me out. In fact, I think it helps clear up my face. Cheap and effective. No need to purchase fancy cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDIT:
Just like "using sugar to scrub my face" method, this bar soap worked perfectly for my face for about 9 months, then it started making my facial skin too dry and eventually broke me out. The whole process was so slow and gentle that I didn't suspect a thing. I first changed my moisturizer then my facial scrub, I just never thought it would be the bar soap that's causing it. I even started using Effaclar Duo in hope of improving the situation, which of course dried out my skin more and made it worse. Anyway, when the skin on my body started to get irritated and dry, I finally realized that I have to change a cleanser, this just isn't working for me anymore. Well, it was good while it lasted.

I use Dove Beauty Bar as:
1.Shampoo (I didn't know my Mom gave me soft bouncy hair until I started washing it with this soap, the first time I did, my stylist in the hair salon was like "your hair is so beautiful today, what did you do with it?")
2. Makeup remover (Basically, I just wash my face with a bit more care when I have makeup on)
3. The ONLY facial cleanser (Oh yeah, I tried other 100% natural organic soaps, big mistake, not gonna do it again)
4. Body wash (Though sometimes I want to save this soap only for my face and hair so I wash my body with whatever else I can find in the bathroom, my body skin is a lot less picky than my facial one)
5. Shaving cream (Well, basically my shaving cream is whatever I am using to wash my body that day, I don't really have much body hair to begin with, so....)
6. It's actually mild enough to wash my private area with, yeah, you guessed it, I am a woman.
7. Whenever my sensitive facial skin feels like crap because of whatever stupid stuff I try on my face that doesn't work, sometimes it gets so bad that even water hurts my skin, I can always rely on Dove Beauty Bar to help me through until my skin is back to normal again.
8. It saves me A LOT OF trouble (and space) when I travel.
9. It saves me a lot of money while making me look my best (Yeah, no need for hair conditioner either)
10. I feel somehow very eco-friendly, just think about all the plastic bottles I am "not using"!

All I can say is, I wish I knew about this soap 10 years ago, and I don't wish to part with it ever again.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by MichaelK

Dove bars are the best and the original is great!
But not if you have sensitive skin like me. I tried this originally but it aggrivated my acne just a tad, I switched to sensitive and everything worked perfectly. A full year with half the acne I had before thanks to Dove sensitive bars (And Retin A/ Clindamycin)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by hobojoegal

This bar is pretty good. I've been using it for quite a while to help control my combination skin. Ive been having a lot of clogged pores around my nose and t zone but dove hasn't made them any better or worse. Definitely gentle enough to use in my face and body. Didn't dry my face off or cause any excess oil production. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This soap is the epitome of average. I used this as a child, but was tempted to give it another go following the rave reviews I saw here. Verdict: I should have trusted my childlike instincts! Just the scent is enough to drive me away, so chemical, almost alcohol-y, strident and monotone...average(it actually reminds me of the smell of the supermarket)! I'd much prefer Yardley soaps with their hint of sweetness, castile soap or even herbal soaps. Regarding the moisture, it does moisturize some, as it professes, but at the same time dries my skin out more than say, the clinique anti-bacterial soap for that matter. All in all ,It's not hard to find soaps better than this one, which I wish I wouldn've remembered before I bought an industrial amount of these soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: smell amazing, moisturizes, makes skin softer :)
CONS: are you kidding? There are no cons!
COMMENTS: I love tis soap. It moisturizes my dry skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft and it smells so good. I would die for this soap, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I'm super surprised it's not rated 5 stars! Who couldn't love this? I don't even know what to say... I'm just in love with this soap. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by tetley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received 2 of these bars free through the mail. I first have to mention this was my first foray into barsoap. I"ve always used bodywashes,even as a child.
I used it today in the shower(not on face) and noticed it left kind of a sticky film on me. Maybe i"m just not used to barsoap but i just didn"t feel clean. I actually use the Dove bodywash and love it and ended up using it after the soap to get rid of the film. I"ll just use this for my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

My skin gets dry and after using this bar, it's better on liquid to my preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by helenanoelle

Just plain awesome! i am a student, so a good showercream/gel-whatever is something that i want (as i also am a beauty-nerd), but as that is the one product i probably use the most, i donīt want it to be too expensive. This is REALLY cheap and sooo good :)
I use this in my shower, and often with exfoliating gloves. I have sensitive skin and sometimes i get excema. This does not irritate my skin, and i love the smell as well (of the original, which is the one i use). Lathers up really well, and is also great for shaving my legs. I often also cleanse my face with it in the shower, and it doesnīt irritate my face or break me out. Highly reccomend it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

WOW, I had no idea the Dove Beauty Bar was a huge skincare product on here. Personally, I started using it by default years ago when I ran out of my face wash and needed something in the meantime for my face. I thought nothing of it, was just hoping it wouldn't break me out too bad in the meantime. And then, yes I fell in love with it and have been using it as my primary face wash for at least 2-3 years now.
I wish I could fully understand why it works brilliantly for me. It just cleans SO well without being that "super squeaky" clean that leaves your skin dry and red. It removes oil yet leaves adequate moisture behind so that a little face lotion or night cream is all you need to have supple and smooth skin.
There's no color, very little odor (just typical powder soap smell that I do not mind at all), it's cheap as heck, lathers up really nicely, lasts FOREVER, and if you have very sensitive and acne-prone skin like me I recommend you start incorporating this in your regimen. It has helped me significantly with redness and acne, although I still need acne treatments due to birth control & medication. I don't use it every night these day, probably 3-4 times a week. I change it up with masks and scrubs accordingly but I still love this stuff to death and will continue to use it until the day I have cause not to.