April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

actually matches my olive skin tone
stays on all day but if you blow your nose, foundation will come off
very creamy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

hands down BEST drugstore foundation I've tried.
The lightest color is a perfect match on my super pale neutral skin.
It smooths on and blends perfectly with my skin. I almost get an airbrushed look, really nice and flawless.
It stays on all day.
It has never made my sensitive skin break out.
It keeps my skin moist so I don't get flakes.
The packaging is great, slender squeeze tube.
I don't think it has any SPF, which is a drawback : /
Otherwise, it is perfect.
It costs around $8-9.00 CA, which is really inexpensive.
I have repurchased many many times over the years, and I will continue to as long as they make it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly I've only ever used this product with the exception of the one time I tried the TruBlend Mousse and hated it. I've never liked this stuff. It doesn't provide enough coverage and doesn't last long at all. I can't wait to finish the bottle so I can finally try something new.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just what I've been looking for! I hate thick or full coverage foundations, I want something that gives me enough coverage to tone down redness and blemishes/scars, but let's some of my natural skin show through so I don't look like I'm wearing foundation. Tinted moisturizers don't cover enough, most foundations cover too much and look unnatural, this one falls in between those two categories. It's sheer-medium coverage (is buildable). I have very oily skin, yet my skin is somehow still dehydrated and flakey in places, this makeup seems to take care of both problems, and leaves a semi-matte natural looking finish! So this makeup is not just for dry skinned gals, us oily gals can use this too! I use this in "Classic Ivory", and it's a great match for my very fair neutral to golden skintone. It doesn't rub off or oxidize either. I like this better than the new Trublend, I just wish it had a *physical* SPF...then it would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works good and didnt make me break out but I will not repurchase because it doesn't make my skin look good in between wearing it. Cheap, and great for starters or those on budgets. Decent, but I've definately moved on, mainly b/c of ingredients and all that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Tiki21

I'm on my 6th bottle; it's my "go to" makeup, my default.

It doesn't offer much coverage, but it nicely evens things out (skin tone, any pore issues) and brightens my complexion a bit. It's quick and easy to apply, too. This is the ONE foundation I can carry in my purse without worrying about spillage (bottle design) or application (you can't do it "blind", but you don't need a makeup mirror and special lighting to get it right, either).

My only issue with it is, like with many other foundations, when I'm dried out or flaky (wintertime or allergic reaction to another product), it just makes the dryness look worse. So I wouldn't call it 'hydrating', except insofar as it's not 'drying'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it seems to do pretty much the same job as my burts bees tinted moisturizer. although it did match my skin perfectly and thats a hard thing to do. i got it in #710 classic ivory (thats what the site suggested). its a bit on the sheer side but thats ok w/ me. i just wanted something to cover my pores and redness,which this does. but my bottle smelled odd, bad bottle? i dont know

UPDATE: apparently im just not used to the smell, but the bottle was ok, now since my burts bees is DCed =( i guess this will have to do till i find my HG. i like korres ginger & vitamin but damn i dont have that kind of money so CG will have to do till i hit the lotto. This is almost my HG,very close. Iam happy w/ this till i can get my hands on Korres,i recomend this over the tinted moisturizer. this covers better and is actually more like a tinted moisturizer than the other (its too watery). So ya buy this =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by kkkkatie

I've tried So many liquid/powder/creme foundations, from so many different brands, both department store and drugstore, and I'm Very surprised to say that this product is really great. I think it would be rather too heavy to wear it alone on a day to day basis, but it works Great when you add it to some moisturizer and use it as a tinted moisturizer. Tinted Moisturizer usually never does the job for me (not enough coverage), but my skin breaks out if I do that whole, moisturizer + primer + foundation + powder thing. But this product is just perfect =)

Pros:
- So cheap
- Good colors. I'm a NC 25-30, and the Buff Beige works really well on me
- long lasting, controls shine
- does not enlarge pores or make me break out
- when mixed with oily SPF cremes, my skin just drinks the mixture up. It finishes matte, and stays that way for the rest of the day

Con:
- tacky packaging

I would definitely buy this product again =)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by littlemisshollywood

Personally, I used this and it was okay for a few spots that I needed to blend with another product but over all I really didn't like it and for 8 bucks I would have expected more than something cheap feeling. Despite the watery feeling once the make up had dried it felt heavy. I really wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by JMIC

This was my first foundation and I had extremely unrealistic ideals it didn't achieve. It's a pretty good foundation that evens out minor redness and leaves a natural finish. The colour, natural ivory, is pretty good and matched my skin nicely. It just doesn't have the coverage I need for my acne prone skin and it doesn't say it's oil-free or anything, so it might clog my pores. It might be better for drier skin.