September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by angel111

I used this foundation for awhile when I first started wearing makeup, but quickly replaced it with high end foundations.
I loved the foundation but never found the perfect shade for my skin. But aside from not having the right color for me, this foundation is great. It lasts all day, hydrates your skin. If you have dry skin this foundation actually improves it.
I always keep a bottle of this on hand, and I often mix it with other foundations. It might seem like a weird thing to do but it really works for me. I am using MUFE HD foundation but I found that it was accentuating my dry spots, so I mixed alittle CG smoother in there and you couldn't see any dry spots at all. And after just a day of wearing the mixed foundation, my skin had improved so much that I dont notice any dry spots at all.
I recommend this foundation for any ladies with dry skin. On its own or just to mix with foundations that you like but dry your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by TeaLover

I've used this foundation for years and have been happy with it.
It has good coverage that lasts. However, I started using mineral makeup 6 months ago and am happier with that. The mineral make up gives me a much more natural look with the same coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ediedodson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

CG Aqua Smoothers in the plastic bottle is another winner for me, I like the Compact Formula better, but I definately won't rule this one out. It really seems to plump my skin up. It wears well all day for me with no oiliness or dryness. I use the Buff Beige and it is perfect for my skin tone. I have seen both forms of this foundation reveiwed by professionals in top magazines as being a good make up at a super price. I have tried it all and CG Smoothers works best for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

actually matches my olive skin tone
stays on all day but if you blow your nose, foundation will come off
very creamy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

hands down BEST drugstore foundation I've tried.
The lightest color is a perfect match on my super pale neutral skin.
It smooths on and blends perfectly with my skin. I almost get an airbrushed look, really nice and flawless.
It stays on all day.
It has never made my sensitive skin break out.
It keeps my skin moist so I don't get flakes.
The packaging is great, slender squeeze tube.
I don't think it has any SPF, which is a drawback : /
Otherwise, it is perfect.
It costs around $8-9.00 CA, which is really inexpensive.
I have repurchased many many times over the years, and I will continue to as long as they make it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly I've only ever used this product with the exception of the one time I tried the TruBlend Mousse and hated it. I've never liked this stuff. It doesn't provide enough coverage and doesn't last long at all. I can't wait to finish the bottle so I can finally try something new.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just what I've been looking for! I hate thick or full coverage foundations, I want something that gives me enough coverage to tone down redness and blemishes/scars, but let's some of my natural skin show through so I don't look like I'm wearing foundation. Tinted moisturizers don't cover enough, most foundations cover too much and look unnatural, this one falls in between those two categories. It's sheer-medium coverage (is buildable). I have very oily skin, yet my skin is somehow still dehydrated and flakey in places, this makeup seems to take care of both problems, and leaves a semi-matte natural looking finish! So this makeup is not just for dry skinned gals, us oily gals can use this too! I use this in "Classic Ivory", and it's a great match for my very fair neutral to golden skintone. It doesn't rub off or oxidize either. I like this better than the new Trublend, I just wish it had a *physical* SPF...then it would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works good and didnt make me break out but I will not repurchase because it doesn't make my skin look good in between wearing it. Cheap, and great for starters or those on budgets. Decent, but I've definately moved on, mainly b/c of ingredients and all that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Tiki21

I'm on my 6th bottle; it's my "go to" makeup, my default.

It doesn't offer much coverage, but it nicely evens things out (skin tone, any pore issues) and brightens my complexion a bit. It's quick and easy to apply, too. This is the ONE foundation I can carry in my purse without worrying about spillage (bottle design) or application (you can't do it "blind", but you don't need a makeup mirror and special lighting to get it right, either).

My only issue with it is, like with many other foundations, when I'm dried out or flaky (wintertime or allergic reaction to another product), it just makes the dryness look worse. So I wouldn't call it 'hydrating', except insofar as it's not 'drying'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it seems to do pretty much the same job as my burts bees tinted moisturizer. although it did match my skin perfectly and thats a hard thing to do. i got it in #710 classic ivory (thats what the site suggested). its a bit on the sheer side but thats ok w/ me. i just wanted something to cover my pores and redness,which this does. but my bottle smelled odd, bad bottle? i dont know

UPDATE: apparently im just not used to the smell, but the bottle was ok, now since my burts bees is DCed =( i guess this will have to do till i find my HG. i like korres ginger & vitamin but damn i dont have that kind of money so CG will have to do till i hit the lotto. This is almost my HG,very close. Iam happy w/ this till i can get my hands on Korres,i recomend this over the tinted moisturizer. this covers better and is actually more like a tinted moisturizer than the other (its too watery). So ya buy this =)