Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 4/15/2009 8:19:00 PM

I didnt understand whats wrong with it . First three months i tried , no coverage at all .And now it started giving a bad smell . I dont where I went wrong. Will not buy it again for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really dislike thick creamy foundations, I mean they provide amazing coverage
but they leave me feeling sticky and afraid to touch my face, and I constantly have
to apply blot powder! Now this make up is far from sticky and oily, I must admit it doesn't provide the coverage that is ideal, but with a few dabs of concealer underneath
and voila you've got beautiful airbrushed skin, I do use a mineral powder over top to control oil and shine, it made my pores look smaller. I have to admit the first few times I used this product I hated it, just messy and I tried to use a sponge, but after you get the hang of it, it's a great inexpensive pick me up, I must admit 705(ivory) is a little dark on me, but I'm terribly fair, it gives me a nice little glow without the orange,pink or yellow streaky color! definatley natural and stay's put when used with powder
BEWARE: Will become greasy and melt off your face without a powder to set it

UPDATE- yeah so much for won't clog pores, AHAHAHA
it made my skin a mess! GROSS

on 4/2/2009 12:32:00 PM

I love this makeup. The ivory is a perfect color match for me. My skin is dry, and the makeup is truly hydrating. No flaking or fading. I find that I need more coverage under the eye, tho, so I do use the CG Smoothers stick concealer along with the foundation.

on 3/14/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've used Cover Girl foundation before and I loved their product, it felt really natural on my skin. It didn't feel like I had make up on, wasn't cakey at all. The only thing I didn't like about it was the coverage didn't last very long, at the end of the day and I was ready to go out at night, I would have to re-apply CG's foundation. But other then that I would definately reccomend this product ! =)

on 3/14/2009 3:08:00 PM

Who knew you had to go to the drugstore to find neutral-colored foundation? I've searched everywhere in high-end lines for a base that is not pink, orange, or yellow. The only one that comes close to matching my skin is Shesiedo, but much as I love that, it's pretty expensive. I saw this and figured "what the heck." And WOW! the color "Classic Beige" is actually BEIGE, not pink, not yellow, not orange. I am one happy camper. I can smear this on and my skin tone doesn't change to some sallow sickly yellow or wierd not-found-in-humans pink or orange. Though as a side note, has anyone else noticed the proliferation of orange human beings since the advent of self-tanners and bronzers? THey're everywhere and they always freak me out - orange is NOT a human skin color found in nature LOL. This is not moisturizing, but I always ignore the marketing bull on cosmetics items. It's quite good coverage, does not oxidize! and lasts all day. I don't think you can do better for a well priced, easily found foundation. I love it!!! EDIT: I forgot to add that this has a great natural finish and best of all, does NOT aggravate my perioral dermatitis.

on 3/10/2009 3:53:00 AM

This is definitely my Go-To foundation . I am absolutely in love . It doesn't make you look like you have ANY makeup on whatsoever , yet it does a very good job of evening out skin tone . I use this with my Revlon Colostay Concealer &my Maybelline Finishing Veil after I put it on . Stayed ALL day &gave me a natural finish . I have combo skin &it didn't leave my skin oily but it didn't dry it out either . I would DEFINITELY recommend this product .

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually kind of like this product - I am currently on my 6th month of accutane and my skin is soooo dry and I have been experimenting with various new foundations because i can't use my normal mineral powder foundation that I used when my skin was oily and acne prone. This is similar to a tinted moisturizer but I like that when I sweat - it doesn't produce the skin coloured sweat like a tinted moisturizer does. It gives a sheer coverage. For more coverage I like the CG Aquasmooth which is also moisturizing.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is called hydrating make-up, Dont think so for me!
Didnt do nothing for me it just made my skin looks worse and more dry then ever :( Good thing I only paid $5 for this!

on 3/3/2009 12:20:00 PM

Yay!! I love this. I've been using this about a week and I'm so pleased. I've been using Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, which I really like, but I actually like this better, and it's about a quarter of the price! It's a bit more matte than the BB (which is a tad too greasy), and doesn't really live up to the "hydrating" hype, but I can conquer that with moisturizer. I find it stays put and doesn't change colors - 2 of my biggest concerns. Note that it's not a full coverage foundation, more like a TM. Today, someone at work told me I must be doing something different and it looked good - the makeup is the only thing I changed. It's a keeper.

on 3/2/2009 8:48:00 PM

This stuff surprised me. I usually use high end foundations, but have found this to work really well. I would describe it as light coverage. It moisturizes well and leaves my skin feeling kind of dewy; not powdery or dry at all. It covers my problems and looks natural; no pooling. My HE foundations pool more. No breakouts either.

Very happy with this!