October 26, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kriztene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There really isn't much to say about this makeup remover. It's nothing special; it removes basic eye makeup but it does not fully remover waterproof makeup like it claims. I do however like the packaging because its a good size and simple. I would repurchase because I rarely wear waterproof makeup and always have a heavy duty oily makeup remover for that anyway.
Price: $5.98 at Walmart

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cat070992

i actually really like this product.

Pros:
-takes off waterproof mascara
-is actually gentle
-don't need a lot of product to use

Cons:
-there are a little tiny bit of residue left
-i noticed at the very beginning my eyes burned a little, but i think it was due to my contacts so now i just take my contacts out beforehand
-the packaging is very small, so a little wasteful
-a little expensive for so little product

overall it does what it says it does and i would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

On the label, it stated that it takes off waterproof eye make up....However, no matter how hard I rubbed it did not remove my waterproof mascara. I will definitely not be repurchasing this...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lipstixrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Won't budge waterproof mascaras or basic liquid eyeliners. Really only good for removing eye shadow and non-waterproof mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Aerialgirl

Generally I love Rimmel but I think this is one to avoid. Something in it is a little rough around the eye area (even if you don't have sensitive eyes) and it does take a couple of go-rounds to get everything off. I think Garnier does one that's better and just as cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ericanatropicana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this remover to try it and.... it does not work! It's just like water you have to scrub in order for even SOME of it to come off. DONT waste your money on this buy the Neutrogena one!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by eye4beauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love rimmel products but this one did not work for me. It claims to remove all eye makeup, including waterproof makeup, but I had a hard time taking off my waterproof mascara. The formula seems gentle enough but it doesn't do the job. Will resort back to oil-based formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Yuumii

I LOVE this makeup remover! I can't even tell you how many bottles I have gone through. I have been using it for a while now and I just love it so much. It makes my eye area feel soft and refreshed. I don't have to spend more than a minute or two taking off my eye makeup when using this, it works fast. I love it =]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KathySkates

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a HG eyemakeup remover that would remove waterproof makeup but not leave a greasy film. Many of the oil free formulas left a greasy oily feeling even though they are oil free. (What good is that?!).
I wanted to try the Waterproof Sexy Curves Rimmel mascara for my pin straight lashes and next to it was the remover. (BOGO50 at CVS) The mascara is ok but the "Gentle Eye Make Up Remover" is AWESOME! It removed a ton of eyemakup and the waterproof mascara. It did not leave a greasy film or sting my eyes. I am tempted to go out and buy a couple of more bottles in case they stop making it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did not remove waterproof mascara AT ALL. I kept scraping and swiping at my eye with the cotton ball and finally realized it just wasn't going to work. I get better results with baby oil, vaseline, or EVOO.