Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 12/16/2009 11:49:00 PM

love this! i've been using it for years. cheap, lasts a long time, it's gentle and doesn't leave gross oily residue. it removes my waterproof mascara fine. i use it before washing my face. loooveee it!

on 12/1/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This removes most makeup, but sometimes when I wear certain waterproof mascaras, it doesn't seem to do the job. I'm still stuck with the mascara on my eye lashes.

on 11/15/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This actually removes all of my eye make up. It's oil free so it doesn't feel greasy or leave a residue, but its gentle so there is no stinging feeling or itchy red lids after using.
The price is decent at around $6 and Rimmel is always having a bogo or discount somewhere.
I really like the hard plastic of the cap and the little spout keeps me from using too much and wasting it. A little goes a long way!
I wear contacts and have taken off my eye make up with my contacts still in with no discomfort.

on 11/10/2009 5:04:00 PM

I like this product. I have been using the Clinique liquid eye makeup remover for quite some time and wanted to find a cheaper alternative. It is non irritating (doesn't sting, whereas I found the Clinique sometimes did) and seems to remove my makeup fairly well. I don't use waterproof makeup so I can't attest as to whether or not it's effective on that. I hate cream makeup removers so that's why I use liquid ones, and the Rimmel remover is not at all greasy. I'm liking it for now - we'll see if I go back to Clinique in the future.

on 10/30/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

On the surface, this product may seem like a bargain. This is true only if you're not wearing waterproof mascara. Never have I worked so hard to get eyemake up off. Never have I been greeted by the racoon mask so many mornings. Don't let the big bottle and low price fool you, this stuff is water with a bit of sodium laureth in it, so it's like very weak shampoo water. It irritates my eyes and leaves my eye area dry and tight. Don't bother with this; especially when there are so many better alternatives.

on 10/27/2009 1:24:00 AM

I love the packaging of this product. I don't have to unscrew the cap everytime to use this. It's a flip top. Anyway, I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner so I can't say for sure how well this works for waterproof formula. It works great for my regular mascara and eyeliner and didn't leave an oily film. However, I noticed it's starting to make my eye area dry.....I think maybe because it has SLF in it which is pretty bad considering it's the eye area.

on 10/24/2009 7:10:00 PM

There really isn't much to say about this makeup remover. It's nothing special; it removes basic eye makeup but it does not fully remover waterproof makeup like it claims. I do however like the packaging because its a good size and simple. I would repurchase because I rarely wear waterproof makeup and always have a heavy duty oily makeup remover for that anyway.
Price: $5.98 at Walmart

on 9/29/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i actually really like this product.

Pros:
-takes off waterproof mascara
-is actually gentle
-don't need a lot of product to use

Cons:
-there are a little tiny bit of residue left
-i noticed at the very beginning my eyes burned a little, but i think it was due to my contacts so now i just take my contacts out beforehand
-the packaging is very small, so a little wasteful
-a little expensive for so little product

overall it does what it says it does and i would buy it again!

on 9/29/2009 10:14:00 PM

On the label, it stated that it takes off waterproof eye make up....However, no matter how hard I rubbed it did not remove my waterproof mascara. I will definitely not be repurchasing this...

on 9/13/2009 10:28:00 PM

Won't budge waterproof mascaras or basic liquid eyeliners. Really only good for removing eye shadow and non-waterproof mascaras.