August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE in your set. The hairs are nicely firm, yet soft. It picks up a lot of color and it's fabulous. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone. I'm planning to get another one soon enough because this is the brush where you want to stock up on. It's definitely very universal in how you can apply eyeshadow. You can use this brush for almost anything, when it comes to eyeshadow. Definitely worth every penny. If you can find another brush with the same quality for a lot less cheaper, than go for it, but since I couldn't, I stuck with MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

The 239 is perfect for apply lid color. It distributes the color evenly. Needs to be in every girl's brush collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the 239--it's perfectly firm for eyeshadow application. The one thing I don't like about it, though, is that it's got white hairs and therefore gets stained by eyeshadow colors really easily. I often have to clean this brush more often than my other brushes, which can be a pain, but it applies makeup well, so oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, i don't think i can rave enough about MAC brushes. #239 picks up colour like no other and it's the best brush you can use for depositing pigments and glitters without making a mess. Really lovely. I have seen many people complaining about MAC brushes being a bit pricey but just think that you are gonna have them for many years (providing of course, that you are gonna take care of them). My oldest MAC brush is 6 years old and it's still as good as new. I've had #239 for 4 years and it only cost me 20Euro.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try the 239 brush, but I'm use to a brush that's a little stiffer more like the 242. Which the SA actually gave me and I noticed as I walked out of the store that is was wrong. Now I wish I did notice until I got home because that was what would worked better for me.

The 239 is an awesome brush for the outer-v brush which I don't do that often but have the brush now to get the job done when needed.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I ended up swapping this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkLeopard24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for packing on color. Any shadow full of sparkles will stay right where I place it instead of falling onto my undereyes. It really is amazing, it's stiff but feels gentle against ur skin, doesn't shed at all and is easy to clean. It's so worth the $$$ compared to any shadow brush I've ever owned. The only thing is that it's not the greatest for doing a sheer wash of color lid to brow with, you need a softer brush for that. If you like pigmented looks, this is ur must have brush! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my 239 brush! It's so soft and applies shadow perfectly. I have tried many different shader brushes and this one is really the best. I can't believe I waited so long to get it! There is really nothing else to say about this brush - it's great and you need one! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im so glad I finally forked over the money to buy this brush. The tools def to make a difference. It picks up shadow like none other, lol sometimes too well. Ive tried alot of different eyeshadow brushes with this same purpose, but the 239 is definitely the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Very happy I invested in this brush :) I love using it for makeup application of normal to matte eyeshadows. It cleans very easily and dries quickly, never sheds, is the right amount of softness vs. stiffness, and I love that it is white so you'll know instantly if you have any colour on your brush.

This is an essential brush for me, and I don't have a very large collection of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great brush for building on color and for crease work. It is a partner brush for the 217, as together they can make a perfect look. The 239 brush packs on colors amazingly and the 217 blends very well. The price is ridiclous though and there are dupes for it as well.