October 26, 2014 | 1029 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dcorbette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Zing! I am pleased with my Brow-Zing purchase from BeneFit. BeneFit used to have another brow-waxie-thing that I bought about 7 years ago in black and I still have more than 80% of it left. But after buying Brow-Zing, I now use it as eyeliner/eyeshadow.

I have natural, untrimmed, black brows which are slightly on the thin side. I tried shaping my brows once and the thinner hairs that give your eyebrows depth have yet to grow back. Due to this scare, I will never attempt to shape my brows ever again! Since then I've been trying products and even making my own products to reproduce those lost hairs without looking really fake. I've tried brow gels, eyelash tint, tinting my own brow gel, etc. But then I ran into Brow-Zing and I tell you, its quite natural looking. I bought the Dark set which may look light for someone with black hair, but it goes on quite natural (unless you tint your brow hair black, then you might have problems).

What I love about this product is the wax! If they sold the wax alone, I think that's the only thing I need to tame my natural and unrully brows! It gives them shape unlike the many brow gels out there that tend to tear off my eyebrows. I fill in the sparse areas with the pigmented powder (eyeshadow) that is in the complimentary pot next to the wax. You can easily adjust the darkness by blending or applying more wax.

I have naturally oily skin (under control its dewey), so this Brow-Zing compact complements my skin without looking harsh like the pencils or powders in other lines.

At first I thought this product was on the expensive side for brow attire, but when I remembered how long my older protege of this stuff lasted me for like 8 or more years, I thought it would be worth it. Its great because one of the pots (wax) tame the brows, while the other pot you can use for eyeliner/eyeshadows, etc.

I hear that the Kevyn Aucoin eyebrow pen is something of miracles, but till I try it, I would have to Benefit has me won over.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2006 8:29:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

the package are nice and caring. Tweezer + wax + brownish power, very handy for travellers. But I don't think the powder stay very long(normal eyeshadow powder), the wax didn't keep the shape well (it just looks like harden vaseline to me). Tweezer aren't so useful. Who would "browzing" while going out while she can do a better "browzing" at home with cheaper and more efficient alternatives. I just don't get it. I tried to refund it, but the sales at MACY's said it's not refundable since I had used it. what a waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 2:09:00 AM More reviews by prettypopy

I love this product for the brows. The great thing about it is that it lasts forever. I had it for over a year now and I don't need to apply that much of it for the desired look. Very natural looking. It has both the cream and powder pigment to set your brows in place. The look lasts, and it does not streak or smear like traditional pencils. I was happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in Macys today and one of the consultants working behind the Benefit sat me down for a full face makeover, one of the products she used was this and I couldnt believe the difference it turly makes in our eyebrows and the appearance of your face. I didnt purchase it right then becuase I had already splurged a ton of money on my Macys card, now im regretting it and will probably make it out there VERY soon for this specific purcahse!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2006 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Dina_K

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I have really thick, unruly brows that I get waxed. I rarely use the powder, though. I just use the gel, it keeps my brows looking polished, especially when I'm stretching my time between brow waxing sessions. I've been using this for almost three years, before I was getting my brows waxed, (A bad experience with an over-zealous French aesthetician when I was 13 basically scared me away for a very long time.) and back then, when I would overpluck a tiny bit, I did use the powder to fill in those patches, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sewpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy browzings products, but really dislike the packaging, brushes and tweezers included.

I love the shade and formulation of both powder and the wax, but I will completely done the wax portion before I even scratch the surface of the brow powder.

The mini brushes are great for travel, but the products work much better when applies with pro, long handeled brushes.

I also have long brow hair and find I need to use a spoolie brush to comb the product through my brows to actually get the wax to my roots and for the product to work. I actually took the tweezers out of the kit and stuck a tester spoolie (I broke of the handle part that doesn't fit in the case) you get makeup counters in the tweazers place so I could comb my brows on-the-go.

I also find I need to comb my brows a few times a day cause the wax doesn't have tremendous staying power, but I like the color and consistancy enough to keep using it. I find I have to top with a mascara gel to really get my brows to stay in the shape I want.

And believe me, I dutifully trim and shape my brows all the time.

Browzings gives me a really natural look I like but I will find a brow kit that has all the elements I want for my next brow purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:05:00 AM More reviews by jaimegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only discovered brow makeup a couple of weeks ago. I have dark eyebrows so have never thought of using it. BIG mistake. I paid a visit to the Benefit counter to buy some Dallas for my mum and the girl offered me a mini pamper. The first thing she did was to apply Brow-Zing to my brows. What an amazing transformation. I looked 'finished' and dramatic. Stupidly I didnt buy the Brow-Zing on that day as I was feeling guilty from a splurge, however I finally gave in after a week and bought my own. I love it and will never use anything else!

I use the wax and then a teeny bit of powder to fill in some sparseness and voila - perfect brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2006 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Starfie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brow makeup! I try to go for the natural look and this is one of my staples. I wear it everyday b/c it's just so easy to put on. You don't have to be an artist to have perfect eyebrows. I hated those brow pencils that I used to use, only because my mother first taught me about makeup and they were the only things I knew. I felt like I was just drawing in my eyebrows and it awlays seemed fake to me. I'm only 19 so I would like not looking like my grandmother (with penciled-in brows). I had tears of joy when I first caught sight of this at Sephora. Although it may seem quite pricey at first (around 26$)the wax and powder will last a lifetime and therefore worth the price. I am not interested in any brow items anymore just because I'm truely content with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty expensive, but worth it. I'm asian, so my eyebrows are pretty thin and sparse. The wax helps fill in spots, and the powder helps define. I use it every single day. The mini tweezers are cute, but have never actually worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by dzsupan1

This product is great, and it's cute how it comes with a little tweezer and brushes. If you have the time and money for the packaging and the two step process, go for it. One morning I was running late and grabbed my Cover Girl Outlast eyeliner in Espresso on my brows instead and I am surprisingly pleased. So much faster, a better color match, great durability and most importantly, so much cheaper!! So whereas Benefit is a great product, I will not buy again because Cover Girl is just as effective but a better deal!!