July 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aquaphor is fabulous on healing or slightly sun-damaged skin. Or for after a procedure, like a chemical peel. I, for one, love the smell. This is just a great product to keep on hand.

Update: 3-20-13: I am STILL a faithful Aquaphor user, this stuff is literally the best. It's my new favorite barrier cream for when I color my hair, and it's the best lipbalm in the world. I also use it as an eyelash conditioner. The best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by abbyb90

This stuff is fannnntastic. For lips, makeup removal, dry flakey patches..etc Its non comodeogenic as well! (wont clog pores). This is such a fantastic product with so many uses. I'll always repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I love this for a lip balm that heals bleeding cracked dry lips overnight and an occasional overnight face mask that really moisturizes my skin (also on top of moisturizer). Also to massage on my mom's feet after soaking them in hot water because her feet really hurt from dryness. I wanted to say that if u have the tube, n no more is squeezing out, cut it in half with scissors and scoop out the remaining stuff as needed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Good staple product to have around the house. Since I've bought this, I've used it for the following things:
*dry/chapped/flaking lips - I'd put some on after my shower when my lips are at their driest. When they are flaky, I'd slather this on and rub gently with a wet washcloth. Voila, smooth, soft lips! Also a good winter lip balm.
*ezcema - It didn't necessarily make that big nasty patch on the back of my neck go away, but it kept it from itching, looking ashy, and getting worse
*miscellaneous dry patches on face and body - a thin layer under regular moisturizer works great!
All in all, a generally good ash-banisher that isn't quite as greasy as straight petroleum jelly. A little goes a long way, making this a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by harveystuart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Aquaphor.
I bought it to heal my tattoo, which it did a speedy, 1 week job at (as compared to using unscented Curel on my previous tattoo, which took about two weeks to heal).
I'm also an avid smoker and lip biter, so my mouth it pretty flaky. I'm always chewing on my lips. When I started scrubbing them with my electric toothbrush I would apply Aquaphor afterwords--and I have to say, for someone whose lips are always flaky and chapped, they've never felt softer. This is my forever-and-always lip balm.
Also, a great undereye cream. I apply it at night and my eyes aren't as puffy or dark in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my "if you could only have one thing on a desert island" product. My nickname for it is dermitological duct tape. You can use this for everything: lip balm, mosturizer, eye cream, makeup remover, dry-flaky skin. I first started using this on cuts after having a bad reaction to neosporin that drove me to a dermitologist. At that time it only came in a huge tub that pharmacists used for compounding ointments and cost $20 (this was about 15 years ago). I love that it is now sold in a variety of sizes so I can keep some handy wherever I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

It's a little pricey for what it is. It sounds so cheap by the ingredients list but something in it is so ... Magical! And healing . I had winter dry hands and lips so I tried using neutrogena's norweigian formula on my hands. It burned! An my hands got a huge ugly red rash. Frustrated I put some aquaphor on my hands and let my hands absorb it over night . I woke up with no traces of rash! And hands that weren't dry or cracked.
I don't like that this feels tacky or sticky on sheets though. Sleeping with it is a bit difficult but it's ok.
Will repurchase and update for more uses

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by eyring

I love this for a variety of moisturizing for myself, and it is super for my little girl's eczema as well. A staple in our house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

This product is so great at healing and moisturizing the lips. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Aquaphor is a staple in my skincare stash. I absolutely love it, and for whatever reason my skin does too. Like others have said, it does contain 40% Petroleum Jelly which is a little conflicting, but the combination of Mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and whatever else is in the balm works wonders for my skin. Fantastic for chapped lips, elbows, knees.
A must-have during the cold, wet and windy Seattle winters.
At night I usually dab a small amount of this around the driest areas of my face (ie corners of nose). And once a week I apply this all over my face over other nighttime moisturizer to really soften my skin and help my skin's "flakies".
Love it and will continue to repurchase, even at $15 a tub.