Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. I hate scrubs that have only like, 3 granules in a quarter sized dollup. They don't do anything for me. This stuff is pretty intense...if you have sensitive skin this might not be for you. It's a very abrasive scrub and really gets all the gunk off my face. As for the menthol, yeah, it feels nice. But it's not doing anything other than that. After using this my skin always looks more clear and smooth. And a little goes a long way; although it's not very expensive to begin with. I have yet to find a better face scrub, even the St. Ives Apricot Scrub has nothing on this stuff.

on 6/12/2008 11:53:00 AM

I really like the exfoliator. I've always been afraid of exfoliators because of what it can do to skin if you already have pimples on your face and that's generally how it was for me for a long time. However, after a year of not having pimples, I got over my fear and purchased this. It is so so very nice. It makes my skin really soft right afterwards that I just cannot stop touching it (I know, very bad ><). I DO break out a bit afterwards though, so that's why I'm not giving it a full 5 lippie. I'm just thinking that it's getting rid of all the crap in my pores so that's why I break out a bit afterwards. It's not a big break out or anything, so it's alright - especially since it's becoming less common.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination skin and occasionally will breakout. I was petrified in trying an exfoliator 1) because of the fear of breaking out and 2) my face isn't totally sensitive but it has its moments. So my mom is a Clinique only addict and I have always seen all her products and finally got the courage to try the exfoliating scrub. I must say, I really love it. The tiny grains are so small and fine. I didn't scrub hard, which isn't advised with any type of scrub anyways. I did mix it with my Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser, which only enhanced the effect of the scrub. My face felt soooo soft afterwards. Though it was my first go at the scrub, I think it's a winner.
P.S. I gave it a 4 for price because I didn't buy it (it was my moms which = FREE haha). But I think you can buy it for at least for a reasonable price

on 6/1/2008 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the few Clinique products that actually broke me out horribly. I kept giving it a try and it kept breaking me out so back to the store it went!

So, I have to admit, I love exfoliating, and I am kinda guilty of over-doing it. But I can't get over the feeling of super smooth skin the morning after (cuz i always exfoliate in the pm) and how smoothly my makeup glides on, and how even and glowy my skin looks. I have to say, that this is a staple for me in getting that celebrity modelesque, smooth glasslike skin. My skin type is combo, and my skin isn't too sensitive, so I do use this every other day, and I have to admit, I'm not too gentle. Which I will change, because I heard that's really bad for your skin and it'll show up when you're older and blah blah. If you have really dry skin, then for sure this isn't for you, and clinique reps, and even the website says that. But if you have oily, or even moderately oily skin, then you will benefit by this product for sure. I have acne prone skin too, and this scrub actually keeps them away. This is a staple in the summertime, otherwise my face would look .... not pretty. But when is acne ever pretty. I use a pretty generous amount, maybe the size of a quarter, and then I smooth it over my face, and I rub it in circular motions for a minute or two, and then I just let it sit there for another minute or two, and then I wash it off, tone, moisturize pretty heavily, and done. =) It is kind of expensive, it costs me like...28 bucks or something? But, I have tried others, and I just...they just didn't do it for me. Biore, St Ives, etc etc. I didn't really like them, they didn't seem to help with breakouts, and my skin didn't feel as smooth afterwards. SO...I think that's all I can say about it. Oily girls for sure give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Combo girls too. Dry skinned girls....this may hurt you a bit, and aggravate your skin. The 7 day scrub might be better for you. =) I hope that helps someone. =)

on 5/14/2008 12:49:00 PM

All i can say is love this product, love this product, love this product. Best scrub I have ever used this makes your skin feel super smooth. You need to use this 3 X a week. This scrub is for ppl. with oily skins!

on 5/8/2008 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this scrub - it is THE best, end of story. My face always feels so smooth and my skin looks so radiant after I use it, which I do more often that I probably should (every other day or so) just because I love it so much. I have been using it for about two years and am on, I don't know, maybe my fourth tube? Fifth? I don't know. It's wonderful.

One other thing - I won't touch their 7 Day Scrub Cream or whatever it's called with a ten foot pole. I've tried it a couple of times and it breaks me out SO bad, even when I wash my face immediately after using it. So watch out for that one - oily skin or not, go for the Exfoliating Scrub, not the 7 Day Scrub Cream!!!

on 5/2/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is one of my HGs!
I absolute adore that exfoliating scrub. The granules seems very tiny and they exfoliate the skin really gently. You don't need to rub hard to achieve that "celebrity" glow.
And also - a little goes a looong way.
Really one of the best products out there! :-)

on 5/2/2008 12:42:00 PM

Not bad but the thing is I just can't really see a difference.
I use this twice a week and have done along with the rest of the clinique 3 step system everyday but although I love the way this feels when I'm using it, afterwards I just can't really see much of a change.

on 4/22/2008 2:21:00 PM

I love this scrub! It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and it gives my skin a very natural glow. I use it once to twice a week, it feels so fresh, which is a plus in summer!