Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I bought this hoping it would help fade away my acne scars but it really didn't do anything at all. It didn't help with blemishes and it didn't help even my skin tone, its not even moisturizing at all.

on 5/19/2010 11:14:00 PM

Love it...works great to clear up face..but during the summer causes my skin to become extra oily

on 5/18/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love this thing! It's a perfect match for my skin regime. I have tried others and I always go back to it. My skin will not have any other. One and a half pumps is all I need and the amount in the bottle lasts me a long time. It moisturizes so well without making it oily. It's thick but doesn't cake on. No matter what amount I put on, my skin just loves it. I hate dry skin and this moisturizes to utter perfection. It makes my skin soft. The only negative thing I have to say about it is the price. Ridiculous. It's either $15 or $17. That's literally the only thing. Luckily the amount in the bottle will last you a long time.
Love this thing! I will never buy anything other than this!

just got it a few days ago and i have been using it for just a few times now but i can feel a difference in my skin, it burned a little the first day but it went away the next time i used it! i have a few pimples here and there and some blackheads, i havent seen a dramatic differnece yet in my acne part, but it has helped a little. makes my skin super soft i love it!

on 4/28/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i have combination skin and after i used the cream cleanser which came with it, this moisturizer did nothing to my skin, but it broke me out alittle. this is very disappointing as i love the other lotions from aveeno like the ones meant for your legs and body. This didn't even my skin tone as it says it supposed to. it says it was salicylic acid but did not help with my acne and i had to keep reapplying this because it doesn't hydrate my cheeks enough. The only things i did like about it were that it smelled good and there is a pump.

on 4/20/2010 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have oily, dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. A lot i know. This makes it hard for me to a find a good product. This was ok, more negative than positive actually. Smell was ok, no biggie. Consitency i did not like. It seemed to slighty make me brakout more, did not moisturize well, after using it for a while it seemed to not moisturize at ALL. And also it was somewhat irritating. Maybe its the salacylic acid. This did NOTHING for me. Exoensive for drugdtore also, i paid like 18 dollars with tax. One more thing i also used the foaming cleanser, this was ok but when i used in the shower and later apply the moisturixer skin turened red, it burned. Had to wash of immediately. Definitely not for sensitive skin.

PS. Can anyone recommend a good moisturizer for sensitive skin( even for irritated, red skin) without suncreen, that does not clogg pores and if possible natural or at least free of parabens. I noe it is a lot to ask for. I ve Been loking for a looooong time for the perfect mositurizer but have had no luck. Frustratrion. I appreciate your help!!!!!!

on 4/16/2010 3:16:00 PM

This gunky, sticky CRAP broke me out BADLY...took a while to see just how clogged my pores had become and now I have terrible cysts on my chin which are so painful. Word to the wise. DON'T use this if your skin breaks out easily.

on 4/9/2010 3:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this moisturizer. It's the perfect consistency and does a great job moisturizing my dry skin. I stopped noticing the scent after a week of use, though the smell wasn't bad to begin with. I've tried other moisturizers and I always come back to this one. My only complaint is the price. I pay about $18 for a bottle of this. However, one bottle lasts me several months even with daily use. Will repurchase again and again!

on 3/20/2010 4:51:00 AM

This moisturizer was fine. Didn't break me out, was not greasy at all, and felt really light. I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks and chin) and I found that even after several applications to the dry parts of my skin, my skin was still flaky. It's also pretty pricy for a drugstore brand (around $20-$25 CDN).

Overall, I'd say this moisturizer is fine for oily skin, but not for dry skin.

on 3/9/2010 1:31:00 PM

Going by how my skin feels after using this for about three weeks, I love it. My skin is noticeably softer. I mean really soft. Much softer than when I used the Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer, or even the Laura Mercier moisturizer cream.

Everything else with the product... I'm not sure how I feel about it. The pump bottle is bulky. Much harder to store in my little make-up kit. The cream itself smells like herbs/flowers - totally not my thing. I was a bit surprised with how strong the scent it. Good thing is, it fade fairly quickly, so you're not smelling it all day. The cream itself is light, so it soaks into my skin well. But it's also thick /heavy enough to get me through these winter months when my cheeks tend to get dry.

As for the clear complexion part of it - I'm still breaking out. No more and no less than when I wasn't using this product.

So, for overall skin moisturizer, this stuff is great. My skin feels fabulous (if I do say so myself). For the 'clear complexion' part, I still have to use a separate acne cream.