July 28, 2014 | 2129 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is saving my cuticles! I've always neglected my nails, but recently I've started to whip them into shape. I suppose because I feel that if a woman has nicely kept nails, then it tells everyone that she cares about her appearance - and I don't want people to think I'm a scruffbag! So with that in mind, I've been rubbing this into my cuticles and nail walls every night before bed. With the extreme cold weather we've been having it can be a little tough to spread and it takes a while to become workable, but it still gets the job done. I'm thinking of giving it a quick blast with the hairdryer to see if that speeds up the process.
Anyhoo, my once raggedy and tough cuticles are becoming much softer and neater looking. I still have some ways to go before I'll be totally happy, but I'm loving the results so far! I also just enjoying the ritual of applying before I go to sleep, as it helps me to unwind.
The only bad thing I have to say is that I'm not too keen on the tin - The lid gets really hard to remove after a while, and it's impossible to open when your fingers are all greasy with the product. However, I'll deal with this seeing as it works so well. I'll definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a few days but I really like it! Like other reviews have said, it's more of a balm than a cream, a little greasy but once you let it settle into the cuticles, it's very moisturizing. I used it after my manicure because using pure acetone for clean up does a number on my cuticles, and it made my cuticles look great. They're not at all cracked or dry like they usually are.
You don't need a lot of product to make it work and it smells great, like dessert lemon bars. I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell of this product is, strangely, my favourite part of the product. It smells absolutely delicious, just like lemon curd.
It feels slightly grainy, but when you rub it into your cuticles it melts in nicely. However, as far as what it does for my cuticles...I feel like it's comparable to rubbing any lip balm into them, without the benefit of being able to use this on my lips. It's not bad, but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a cute product which smells zesty, fresh and sweet. I rub it into my nails at work, when I don't have nail polish on, but at home I use a mixture of grapeseed, rosehip seed and jojoba oils. I presume it works, but I don't pay a great deal of attention to my cuticles - I just enjoy the ritual. I do feel my nails need an oil/balm so parched can they be through varnish and remover, so I'll keep using it as it's easy to get hold of - however, I could stray.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by hocuspocus813

I have been a nail biter ever since I was little. I recently stopped, but my nails and cuticles are always so dry! I've been looking for a product that will make my cuticles soft and healthy looking. I love the Burt's Bees brand so when I saw they had this, I knew I had to try it. I am so glad I found it!! It's amazing!!

I have used this for 2 days now and my nails have NEVER been this moisturizers an healthy looking. It instantly makes your nails look and feel better. I would imagine over time they are going to look even better!

The price was reasonable, especially since it is a great product. I don't mind spending the money on it. The smell is also wonderful. It smells like fresh cut lemon, which I love.

Overall great product. I definitely recommend it if you are on the fence about buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by b_jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because the ladies on the Nail Boards reccommended it. I swear they always have the BEST advise =))) After years of neglected cuticles this product has managed to bring them back to life after only a week ! This stuff works wonders I got my mom some and she is raving about it as well. The only downside (@ least for me) is that it smells like Lemon Pledge but @ least it doesn't totally sink. I will repurchase when this tin is gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

If you have a problem with extremely dry or peeling nail beds and want a very specific product for that one little area, then you would love this product. I actually found it rather useless. It's such a tiny tin that even though you could use it to moisturize your hands or other dry spots like elbows, it would go very quickly. With that said, it smelled wonderful and does moistuize the skin, so it's not a terrible product. Unless you are very much into products like this that are specifically designed for the nails, this is probably not necessary for you to have. But it does that job well, and I love Burt's Bees products as a hole, I just didn't have a need for this one. P.S. The tin is really cute! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jinat

This product was disapointing compared to the other burts bee's products. Your cuticles become dependent on this and you have to use it quite a few times to see any results, the smell is great but overall this was a greasy let down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I actually had this sitting around for a long time because I don't have much of a need for "cuticle butter." One day my hands were really dry and about to crack but I didn't have any hand cream. I slathered this over my hands instead, and to my surprise it left them velvety soft - moisturized but not greasy. Since then I've used this as a tiny, purse-friendly alternative to my bulkier hand creams. It also has a very refreshing lemon-y scent that doesn't at all remind me of cleaning products. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good stuff, it really moisturizes and leaves my cuticles looking better, even when they are dry and ragged. I also don't mind the scent, it's kind of earthy and herb-y and lemony. It has a waxy feel rather than being greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. The container is ok- it's just a tin but I haven't had any issues with the lid falling off or anything. The product seems to last a long time but honestly I don't use it as much as I should. I have repurchased this a few times.