August 29, 2014 | 1747 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jmasters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Using the 3-step was my first step in to regular skincare. Having never used more than water and whatever supermarket moisturiser every other day, my skin went through a revelation! And this moisturiser is key, it's the best I've used. I combine it with a serum or a primer, depending on the time of year.
    Only complaint is the bottle, the shape makes it difficult for the pump to get all the product out but I just turn it upside-down until it's used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturize for years,ever since I read a review about it in a mag. I have sensitive skin & this seems to work for me,its not to heavy. I don't have bad skin,so I like that this doesn't brake me out as well. Also like the packing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by junelove

I really love this lotion. I use it twice a day, once in the morning after I wake up and wash my face, and once in the evening after I wash my face before going to bed. I've gone through at least 5-6 bottles in my lifetime and I will continue to use this lotion until I see a reason not to. The only thing for me, living in a place like Calgary (Canada) where it gets really dry during the winters, I sometimes need to apply it twice in one go because it leaves my skin feeling a little bit dry. Other than that, a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry/combo skin and getting is very dry right now as its heading towards winter. This is the only moisturiser my skin loves and doesn't cause me to break out. I love the runny consistency of this, which my skin tends to drink up without leaving a film on the skin. Now my skin is drier I tend to add a drop or two of Rosehip oil in with it, and this is suiting my skin much better. So to those of you who love this stuff but find its not quite moisturising enough, then try what I do. Put some of the moisturiser on the back of your hand and mix two drops of the oil in with it. Don't worry of it doesn't seem to mix too well as I can tell you this doesn't matter - just apply to your skin for good moisturisation, without it being too heavy and greasy.

Edit: Heard that are going to be reformulating this. Hope not, as this usually means its not going to be for the better. Bad news.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by asor12

This stuff is great in the winter for my dry combination skin. Used it first when I was around 15 yrs old and was amazed at the results in the morning when I wore it at night. Made my skin soft and balanced. I've tried other moisturizers since then, and went for some years without using this much, but always had a bottle handy. Now seven years later I'm using it at night again. It's really smoothed out rough patches of skin, that I only realized after I used this were dry patches of skin.
    Also I have acne-prone skin, and I also tried the gel version because I thought that might be more suited for acne-prone skin. I did not like the gel and it was not moisturizing enough, and felt like a thin waxy film on my face. The regular version actually balances out my skin so that, back when I was 15 and especially acne-prone, it made my skin clear up remarkably.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by skeptic11

My sister swears by this and she would rate it 5 out of 5 and has great skin for her age but she is less sensitive and darker toned than me.
    This does nothing in the least for me. Doesn't break me out which is a plus, but I feel a bit greasy in this and it gives no glow etc just sits there. I also find that it does not really moisturize my skin - ie. hydrate but I feel like I have a layer of oil on and it moves around any makeup I wear- ick. Also doesn't soothe redness if I am gong though a sensitive period. Lots love, but my fair sensitive combo skin needs more nourishment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Product is just decent in my book.

If you are looking to try this product, sample it first so you can see if it is for you!

If you do decide to purchase it then get the bottle with the pump.
    This product isn't anything special, it doesn't help my skin out too much and has nothing that stands out. It's just ok and does a decent job moisturizing if you are desperate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jsublett

so nice

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have been using this moisturizer in the dry-combination formula since I was 17, and although I am actually combo-oily now and should be using the gel formula, I still use the lotion formula especially during the winter when my skin becomes significantly dry. I love how emollient this lotion is, and that it has no fragrance. I would use it in the morning and evening immediately after washing my face to restore the moisture that I had scrubbed off along with all the oil, dirt, and makeup. It keeps my skin soft throughout its dry months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect no-frills moisturizer. It works great with my combination skin. And I like that I can combine it with other products without any heaviness or pilling. I'm really surprised this hasn't received higher ratings. It's definately something I would buy again.