April 24, 2014 | 1556 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by slinki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this at first. It made my problem skin look pretty smooth, and it held up throughout the day. Most importantly, my skin didn't look like an oily mess at the end of the day, which isn't something I can say for many products (even ones I really love). However, after about a week and half of using this, my skin started to look bad. My skin texture was rough and the tone was uneven, and I felt like I had to use even more product. (Using the bb cream was the only change to my makeup/skincare.) A few days after I stopped using it, my skin returned to a much better texture. It's the color-popping beads or whatever you call them. When I applied the bb cream, it was tearing up my skin! I tried mixing it on the back of my hand and then applying with a brush, but it wouldn't mix on my hand without blending in (therefore making it impossible to pick up with a brush). Perhaps if you have tough skin or need extra exfoliation, then this will work, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ahobson

I love this product. I have been on the hunt for a good, inexpensive primer for a while now and was excited when BB creams started to catch on. With this cream I can use it during the day with some light powder and my skin looks great. For date night I throw just a little concealer on top of it just to give an airbrushed look to my face and I literally look flawless. I have tons of acne scarring and a pretty gnarly scar on my forehead from an accident as a toddler and it even helps smooth that out. I buy this by the boat load lol it sells out FAST around here in the lighter shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by SunnyLouisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This BB cream did nothing for me. It did not conceal or give me any decent coverage and it broke me out a little. The only good thing about this product is the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am legitimately shocked at the poor reviews that this BB cream has since I have tried so many and this is the only one that has made me realize why the BB cream craze exists. I bought this BB cream because the lovely Kandee Johnson had used this in a lot of her videos and while I wasn't entirely sold on it as a product I decided I would buy it and could return it if I didn't like it. The BB cream was $19 at my Shoppers Drug Mart which is bloody expensive for drugstore but its by L'Oreal, what do you expect? I got it in the shade Fair. When you squeeze the BB cream out of the tube it is this grayish- white colour with little grains in it which are supposed to be the grains that burst and magically transform the BB cream to your correct colour. I honestly think that the claim that the beads burst and transform into your skin tone is BS. I think that they burst, already having a colour inside of them and don't actually transform at all cause I can tell you that this was not a spot on match to my skin which in my case wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't a bad thing because I have a very fair face but my body is a little darker and it did not match to be the colour of my face, the BB cream was too dark and was pretty close to the colour of my body so it did end up matching my body as a whole perfectly, but it definitely did not colour match as it was supposed to (hope that makes sense!). The shade that I got I noticed had more of a warm undertone to it. The product is a little difficult to squeeze out cause the opening is so small which I do not mind because at least you don't end up with a huge mess of product and how I apply it is I just dot it on my face and blend it in my skin with my fingers. The coverage is light of course, as it is with every BB cream but it looks freaking AMAZING. It blurs my acne in the most bizarre but flattering way and my pores look tight and my face looks airbrushed. I have a hard time finding foundation which makes my skin look so incredible! This does dry to a satin finish and it is a little hard to blend because it dries quickly so I definitely recommend using your fingers to apply it so you can keep the product warm for as long a time as possible. I was just shocked at the gorgeous finish this gave, I have only seen a finish similar by one other product and I've tried probably 40+ foundations in my life from one other product and it was the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I still prefer the finish this gives. I really like how when this foundation has set it feels dry on your skin, when you touch your face there is no transfer whatsoever and it doesn't feel sticky like so many other BB creams do. I find that this BB cream lasts on my face for a whole day which I definitely appreciate. This BB cream comes in 5 shade I believe which is a limited selection but since it supposedly adapts to skin tone that shouldn't be a problem. I think this product is absolutely incredibly but definitely do not expect the coverage with this BB cream or any other that you would get for a foundation, if you go in to it with that mindset you will be disappointed. I use this on days where I wake up late and need to run out the door or I just want a really natural yet flawless look. I would recommend it to anyone!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

It's not foundation and it's not concealer. If that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere. I have oily skin around my t-zone and a lot of the time (especially warmer months), I don't want cakey makeup all over my face. I've tried a few other drugstore bb creams, and they were okay, but this stuff is my favorite. Comes out white, but if you look close, you can see the small pigment beads (the fact that it was white freaked me out at first). I have uneven skin tone and some acne scars, this stuff completely evens me out, has never turned orange, and STAYS MATTE on my skin, which is a miracle. My acne scars are blurred (I just dab a little concealer on any bothersome spots if I want), my skin tone is even, yet my skin looks completely natural and you can still see my freckles. I squeeze a little on the back of my hand to let it warm up with my body temp a bit, then apply it with a stippling or facial blending brush. I like that its a little on the thicker side and not runny, but blends very easily. If I know I'm going to be extra sweaty, I just tap a little loose powder on my tzone and it's all set. I use the lightest shade and if you look at it in the right light, you can slightly see the pigment, so blend it down your chin/neck a bit. I've personally never had it turn orange. Luckily, it's not expensive, so it's not a complete loss if it doesn't work out for you. Overall, very happy with it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a sample of this in Light, and whoa orange! I am very fair-skinned, and although there is a color "Fair" lighter than the one I had, this was way dark for being named Light. Also, this went on very very orange. I can't decide if it was greasy or just a dewy finish, but I would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by haleyrs99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I bought this product thinking it would be very nice, blend very well, and last fairly long, considering it is a primer. The hype was wrong. This BB cream works fairly well for light coverage and evening out minor skin tones, however it doesn't last long, and the packaging is very stupid. Whenever I would go to squeeze a tiny dot out, I would get way too much, and end up wasting it! I wouldn't buy this again, I am still on the hunt.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by AlexAmuWang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when the BB cream hype first started; I had a tough time deciding between the Maybelline one and this and decided to try this one. I have the one in medium and this BB cream has quickly become my everyday BB cream.
It does come out white (this can be intimidating) but I find that after blending it usually adjusts quite perfectly to my skin.
I wear moisturizer under it and find that my skin looks very natural, usually need to apply some extra concealer to my trouble spots. My skin can look a little oily after a long day but it's not too noticeable.

In short, I really do like this BB cream and I use it everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got it in the Fair shade & returned it the same day I tried it. It turned orangey on my skin. Also, did not seem to moisturize, at all. I look better without any foundation, than I did with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ericavander

I'm very happy with this BB Cream. I had tried Garnier, which I found to be too oily for my skin. This product blended very nicely and made for a great natural-looking base. I use a little dab over top of my every day moisturizer.