July 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was doing some research earlier on paraben free drugstore foundations, and ran across this one by Revlon. After reading some reviews, it sounded like it fit the bill so I went and bought some. I just tested it a little while ago and I have to say...wow! I'm very impressed! I was not expecting it to be so silky and smooth. I've tried other whipped foundations in the past that are good for a couple of days and then turn dry and crumbly. I don't expect that to be the problem here, though I will definitely update this review if it does. The packaging is fantastic - it comes in a heavy glass jar, which gives it a high end quality purchase kind of feel. It looks very expensive sitting on my bathroom countertop, and I was only $13.99! The ivory color matches my skin tone perfectly. It doesn't look cakey or dry, and it doesn't leave streaks or lines. In fact, it blends in perfectly. I was considering purchasing the Make Up For Ever HD foundation, but why would I spend $50 when this beautiful glass jar does exactly what I need? As an added bonus, it was not made in China (which is another thing I tend to look for on cosmetics). When this runs out, it will definitely be a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so the original revlon colorstay i like because of the coverage but its sooo thick and terribly hard to blend so it just stays in the spot and its just ugly so i bought this for $13 online but at target its $10 and my first impression of it was the packaging its so sleek and high end looking but i dont mind the bulkiness. i got this in caramel and it blends like a dream and perfectly blends into my skin and its the only color that matches my tone perfectly. the texture is like pudding and when you put it on its so light and airy and i love the coverage because its so light and not cakey or heavy at all. to me its a light to medium and i love how natural my skin looks. its semi-matte and it gives you a flawless natural finish. i will definitely buy this again. make sure to moisturize well before using it! i love how i dont need a setting powder to set it. this is just great and i hope revlon doesnt reformulate this xD but overall best foundation i have used hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

OMG I LOVE this stuff. I am a huge fan of the liquid Colorstay and tried this because I heard it had even fuller coverage and was good for summer. This stuff is so lightweight yet covers like crazy. It's FULL coverage on me and does not feel like it. Its very creamy and rich and feels like satin on my skin. It photographs great and seems to fill in my pores.

It lasts so long like the liquid and doesn't transfer either. They are so similar, except this one is very creamy & you use less for fuller coverage. The packing is very heavy though, a large and heavy glass jar. I love glass jars so I am happy with it. It's a bit pricey for Revlon, but the stuff is definitely up to par with high end foundations. So when I think about it, this stuff is pretty cheap compared to paying $40-60 on a similar foundation. I am not kidding either when I say this stuff is comparable to the high end foundations, like Estee Lauder, etc.

I waited to get mine when Ulta had them for BOGO and used their coupon for $5 off $10. I got this and the liquid. BTW, I did not need a powder to set it or a concealer. It dried to a semi matte finish which I love and lasts forever. No break-through or breaking down of the foundation after 12 hours. I use the liquid more because I don't need full coverage really, but use this when I have somewhere important to go or pictures. I know I can rely on both to get me through great.

EDIT***** I used this for Christmas, applied it at 8am, took it off at 2am the next morning because we were gone so long. This stuff...omg...my HG foundation. NO WEAR at ALL at 2am. I felt it stayed put and never faded or looked greasy or weird or anything by 2am. I had a bad breakout of roseacea that day and it covered completely with no show-through. Everyone was commenting on how nice my skin looked. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by StephScraps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Great coverage. I apply it with a Studio M mineral brush, the type with a squarish top, and it blends beautifully. Evens out my skin tone and covers my redness and age spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by toriiimiiin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As one of those people who prefers to splurge on base makeup, I must say, this is a remarkable foundation. I had a photoshoot coming up and, having forgotten that all of my foundations have some sort of SPF in them, I stopped by CVS to pick up an SPF-free foundation to use in a pinch so I wouldn't have a white cast in the pictures. I was very pleasantly surprised. True to the name "whipped creme", the foundation has a very smooth texture, and feels unexpectedly light on the face, not heavy at all as I thought it would be. I was also surprised by how pigmented this was; you can easily achieve full coverage with this foundation in no time at all. Because of how "rich" this foundation feels, I expected my combination-oily skin to be an oil slick within an hour, but I actually found that this kept my oiliness under control pretty well. I suppose my only gripe would be the packaging - it comes in a heavy glass jar that isn't particularly travel-friendly. I honestly only expected to wear this once, but I now find myself reaching for this for all my special occasions or whenever I feel like I need more coverage because I know this will get the job done both quickly and well. This is a high-quality drugstore product that brings stiff competition to its higher-end rivals.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I just LOOOOVE the coverage of this foundation. Out of the jar, it looks quite thick but the best way to apply this is with your fingers. It blends like a dream and the coverage is so amazing, you can skip powder/concealer. The longevity is no doubt amazing. This is perfect for days my skin isn't looking to good. I just don't care for the packaging - it's heavy and inconvenient for travel and you actually don't get much product. The only con is it can emphasize dry patches/cake up if you don't exfoliate and moisturizer. But regardless, I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Gorgeous123

I adore this whipped foundation! previously I was using Mac studio fix fluid which I also love but in my personal opinion Revlon whipped foundation is way cheaper and you can get better results! the Revlon whipped gives you medium/full coverage, super flawless/airbrush effect, and its also very hydrating so this would be amazing for people with dry skin. I have too give this two thumbs up, and I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

Overall I can see why some people love this foundation. Its just not the right consistency for my skin. I had trouble with the shade as well. Got mine at Ulta. I hated to return it. But it would not be something I could use. I have been using more of the cream in pan type foundations. I mostly just spot cover. So maybe that's why this didn't work for me. Nice product though. Worth a try. Color range could be better. Packaging was good. Price decent. Revlon really has a lot of nice quality products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by brisc

I came across this foundation by pure luck and I am sooo glad I did. My skin is sensitive-acne prone and oily on my t-zone. I had been trying other expensive and heavy foundations that wouldn't do half the job of what this one is doing. It covers blemishes very well! And as for the color, I can't believe I was able to find one that matched my yellow undertone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Revlon foundations, I love the Colorstay whipped because I have acne scars all over my cheeks but this covers them up quite well. True Beige matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm a NW40) and I was surprised how natural it looked and how well it blended when I first applied it to my face, (I find it easiest to just use my fingers) my friends even complemented me saying that my skin looked so much clearer! I do like the 'whipped' mousse like texture and the semi-matte finish that isn't too heavy. I've just purchased my second jar and haven't had any problems with break outs, clogged pores etc.
I do agree with the other reviewers here that the packaging isn't very good, it's contained in a heavy jar and not much product is supplied, as well as it's inconvenience for travel.
Overall I do believe it is a great foundation, I prefer this over the regular Colorstay.