April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Remember: A little goes a long ways!!

, if you use too much you'll have bad cake face. Wouldn't get this is you have dry skin...it has a matte finish, all and all if you use little of this product and apply it right you'll get medium to heavy coverage and a nice natural finish

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

My favourite foundation so far! It's thick and creamy but easy to blend, gives a medium coverage, does not feel heavy, looks natural and lasts till the end of my day. I just set it with my Essence Mattifying Compact powder to set it and take away the shine. I apply with my Sigma F80 brush and just lift the white cap and use the product on that so I don't end up getting too much product. It doesn't have a heavy unpleasant smell like the Colorstay Liquid foundation which smells like paint.

I've used this for a month now. The container still looks very clean, none of it has gotten out to stick to the black cap. Though the glass makes it very heavy and I'm not sure I would travel with this.
I bought mine from a department store called "Tokyo" in Bangkok at MBK. Was about S$8-10 cheaper than in Singapore. Would wait for a sale if I had to repurchase it because DAYUUMM, this stuff is S$27.90 here. Pricey, in my opinion. Love it, the only foundation I've tried that doesn't accentuate any dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by seajade

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am over fifty and have dry skin. This product is simply one of my favorite foundations, and believe me there are not many out there for a older skin. Flawless coverage and it lasts. Great coverage , when you want it. I think it has a primer in it as it goes on like velvet.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

You know how after you buy a foundation, you take it home, and you can't wait to try it on? Let me explain my experience with my first application of this wonderfully whipped foundation.

It was like riding a majestic steed through Wonderland, and being surrounded by rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers when suddenly the Heavens break open with the sounds of every beautiful song that has ever been written, and Jesus descends on pink fluffy clouds and hands you a delicately hand crafted invitation to his birthday party.
I know what you're thinking,
AND YES IT WAS THAT GOOD.

This foundation is utterly fantastic. Keep in mind, I have oily, acne-prone skin. Most foundations cake up on me, and look very unnatural.

Within a few minutes of application, this looked flawless on my skin! But it just got better as time went on. At the end of the day, I didn't look "flawless" exactly, but my face just looked completely natural and beautiful. As if I had naturally blemish free, redness free, oil free skin. It didn't even look like I had foundation on!!

T'was was a magical experience, and I didn't want to take it off, or stop looking at myself. I could've stared into that mirror for 1,000 fortnights.

Truly a magnificent product, and the key to the ministry of magic that is my makeup routine.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by tiffybabyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First Impression:
i HATED this! to was so thick & my skin is SO dry that it felt as if I was wearing a mask. I needed to give it more time to love it.

Skin History:
I have EXTREMELYYYYYY dry skin. Like, itchy tight burning tight skin. This foundation is STUNNING when mixed with my moisturizer.

Overall:
I think it would be best for the oily skinned gals - but as long as you use a setting spray or something that adds moisture, you will be set!! This stuff lasts for HOURS! i did a review for it on my YT channel last year and got really good feedback. That was proof enough for me to keep using it =)

YouTube Video: (Posted 1 yr ago)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great I have extremely oily skin and this helps me stay matte most of the day. I hated this at first but it was due to the way I applied it. I used to apply it with a paddle brush and I used too much. The trick with this foundation is that a little goes a LONG way! I dot a tiny amount with a clean finger on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. Then I blend with a flat top brush like the MAC 130 or the elf small stipple brush and make sure to blend it. The consistency is very creamy and easy to blend. I was afraid it would be too "greasy feeling" but it's not. Then to finish off I powder it and it lasts almost all day. I do have to powder once but compared to other foundations I've used it's nothing. It lasts a lot longer than the liquid colorstay meaning I also have to work twice as hard to remove it at night but I don't mind. I also have not experienced any issues with breaking out.
I use the same color I use in the liquid formula 310 Warm golden (NC35 match) .If you have never used any colorstay foundation choose a color from the liquid formula and select the same one on the whipped because it is difficult to see the colors through that thick jar glass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the regular Colorstay for about a year now

. I’m a fan of it, however I have dry/combination skin and the only shades that seemed to work for me were the oily/combination formula (the 2 formulations look so different in shade). So therefore the traditional was far too drying for my face. So lately, I’ve been looking for something with less coverage and I have been hearing that the Revlon ColorStay Whipped are just that so I had to give them a try.

It’s only day 2 of wearing it but I like it already. It is less coverage and seems to oxidize less than the traditional ColorStay. I picked up 320 Warm Golden. For your reference I go between 320, 330 and 340 for the traditional ColorStay in the Oily/Combination formula and between NC 30, NC 35 and NC 40 for MAC.

The container is cute, it looks like a high end skincare product jar. I use a scooper to remove some product so that I won’t be double dipping in the jar. This might be easier to get the last of product out as opposed to those bottles that foundation is usually contained. It’s easy enough to apply. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush.

The traditional ColorStay had some mega lasting power on me. This Whipped one seems to have decent lasting power too. I’m not sure about the 24 hours as the container claims but I would rarely have a need to wear foundation through 24 hours. I wore this to an hour long work out class I took last night and my face still looked well put together through a bunch of sweat.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

Long review, but there's a lot to cover! Overall, pretty impressed with this stuff, but it could use some slight improvements in packaging. I swore off foundation years ago because I have "textured" skin with large pores and an oily t-zone and foundation always looked so cakey and melted after a while, but not this product! It has a very small amount of salicylic acid, which I think helps control oil. The packaging is heavy and not sensible for travel. The thickness of the glass jar makes picking a color slightly misleading. The color when you open the jar seems much darker than the color you see through the jar, but the outside color seems to be the best bet in choosing. I'm very pale and almost always pick the lightest shade, but the lightest shade in this (ivory) looked very pink and I'm more yellow/neutral, so I went with the second shade, Buff, and it's great! Not big on the jar though, sticking your fingers in can get gross and unsanitary and dipping a brush in isn't much better, but there are worse things that could happen. LOVE the texture, too! So creamy and light, but not like a mousse-melted ice cream maybe? I applied half of my face with a Real Techniques stippling brush. It takes a little more effort than usual to blend, but looked flawless in the end and I had no problems throughout the day. I applied the other half of my face with my fingers, which blended BEAUTIFULLY, but I had a few clogged pores at the end of the day, probably due to the excess oil from my fingers. Feels tacky for a bit, which was disheartening, but after a while, it dried and didn't even feel like makeup! No oil came through whatsoever, even after hours of wear (I would still suggest an oil-control primer though, if oil is a problem). Didn't have to set with powder at all, which was great, since powder emphasizes my pores. Didn't gather around my pores either. I honestly forgot I was wearing it after a while! I still used a concealer on acne scars and blemishes, but that's okay. Very natural smooth skin finish-not too matte, not too dewy. Makes up for the kind of high price. So happy I found a drugstore foundation that actually looks good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by fullofocean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried the Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation, but this creme foundations is much better! I have oily skin, but as the weather gets colder, my skin does become more dry. So I just put on a light moisterizer, primer, then foundation! My skin looks so smooth and set! It also looks super natural..all my friends didnt know I was wearing makeup ;) The only downside is that the packaging sucks..the inside of the lid broke, now I can't twist it tight. But a little bit of product does go a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon has always been my go-to for liquid foundation. I, like most people reviewing this, began with Revlon's original Colorstay 24 HR foundation. In my case, it was the formula for oily skin. What I look for in a foundation is good coverage, a shade that actually matches my insanely pale skin, and the ability to keep my face matte for more than three hours.
But, here's the basics: Shade options are decent, Revlon is the only brand that actually has a light enough foundation for me.
Coverage is definitely medium to full. For the first few minutes it can feel pretty "mask-like".
It has a distinct smell, and it's quite odd--to me, it's like the scent of paint. Nothing too harsh or overbearing, and it fades away once you apply it. But that might bother some.
Here's the surprising part--this foundation keeps me matte much, much longer than the Colorstay liquid foundation for oily skin. Also, I find that it looks better as the day goes on. I don't really understand how, but it manages to do that, and I love it.
The one complaint I have? It never really feels like it sets completely for me. If I'm in school and rub my face, I'm left with makeup on my hand--not a lot, just a bit. And it seems to "melt off" around my nose, which isn't very attractive at all. It does last pretty long, though, about ten hours and then I take it off.
So, just to recap: decent shade selection, medium to full coverage, keeps me matte. It does feel heavy, have an odd scent, and never really sets completely (for me). It was also pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation, but I believe it's worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No