Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/8/2014 1:45:00 AM

I love this stuff! It gives me just the right amount of coverage and applies on the skin perfectly! It's such a nice product for a drugstore foundation! I love the jar it comes in. It looks nice and expensive! This foundation will last me for a long time because a little goes a long way! I will defiantly repurchase this!!

Cream/Mousee foundations are my favourite to use as they're good coverage but not heavy. I bought this in buff, which is the lightest. The coverage is full and you don't need alot for your whole face. I'm not 100% on the packaging and don't like using a lot. Overall nice foundation :) little pricey though.

on 6/6/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

After watching many reviews of this foundation on youtube,i decided to give it a try.I purchased it in buff and another one in sand beige.I applied the foundation with my fingers and was amazed.It covered very well.It is a bit pricey for a drug store foundation.I highly recommend and would buy again.

on 6/6/2014 8:31:00 AM

This makeup goes on really smooth. It is definitely not a whipped texture; more like a heavy cream. It definitely goes on thick and sets fast. I applied with clean fingers. I like this makeup for the first hour and then it goes downhill from there. I have very dry skin and this really brings out any dry spots and makes me look old and tired. It stays put all day but is almost impossible to wash off. It feels like you are literally wearing spackle on your face. Yuck!

When I first tried this foundation, I didn't care for it. That was before applying it with my fingers! It's wonderful. It does a great job of covering up, and I find that once it sets it doesn't feel to thick.

on 6/2/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've used high end foundations (Tarte, Lancome, etc ) but nothing comes close to this one. I have oily skin and this foundation stays put all day long. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when you use cream makeup. The best method to apply is with your fingers. I use a craft sick to get some out from the jar, put that on the back of my hand. (The craft sick gets a wipe off with alcohol after use.) The other thing you need to remember is that when you use this product it is from the COLOR STAY line. Which means you cannot remove it with your basic, gentle makeup remover. You need to double cleanse! Otherwise you'll end up having break outs. I'm using EVOO and then my regular facial cleanser. I hope this help at least some of you!

on 6/2/2014 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this about a month ago for $14.00 in Ivory. The consistency is not like a mousse but rather pudding-like. I applied it with a stippling brush to pretty good results. Its very pink, however, and it tends to stick to dry spots and lines. The coverage when applied with the stippling brush is light/medium. I was able to layer carefully over blemishes, but it would get a little cakey looking. It lasts about 10 hours and I could not detect any change in color. Oil break through occurred about an hour in. It tends to make make any pink or red spots looks purple, which wasn't fun. Also, after about three days wear I started getting some serious breakouts. I know it was from this product because I was getting them all over my face, both clogs and cystic, where as I usually only breakout around my chin during TTOTM. I was in denial and kept using it for about 2 1/2 weeks, with my skin only getting worse. I'm disappointed, and still trying to heal my face. :(

on 6/2/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have neutral skin tone. Anything pink or too yellow looks horrible on me. For the winter I use Sand Beige which is only one of 2 neutrals in this line. During the summer when I'm self tanning I wear Warm Golden (which isn't actually golden, it's pretty neutral, so don't let the name throw you off). Both match perfectly. So if you have neutral skin those are the 2 that are neither too pink or too yellow. Just fyi the Warm Golden in the regular Colorstay IS pretty yellow so I avoid that.

I have oily skin and live where it's both hot and humid as hell in the summer, and this foundation wears well. I have to blot about once a day with it around my nose. Other foundations I'm blotting multiple times a day. Big improvement for me.

You can apply it sheerer if you mix it with your face moisturizer or even a tinted moisturizer. And it can be built up for full coverage. I dot it on my face and then blend with my Real Techniques brush. It looks good. If you blend back and forth or in a circular motion over large pores, that will diminish the look of your pores. Wears well over sunscreen. I apply the colorstay powder on top with a kabuki brush.

I don't have a very sensitive nose so this smells like nothing to me.

I've also found that as the day goes on the foundation stays on very well, but actually looks more natural, but not oily, just more like nice skin! So it actually looks better the longer you wear it. There is no oxidation with this product.

I guess I'm not picky about the jar. I just wash my hands and tap my clean fingertips into it and then apply a couple dots on my face, and blend with my brush. If your extremely acne prone I suppose the fingers in a jar may be an issue, idk, but you could use something small to dip a bit of this out. This has never broken me out though.

It doesn't dry as fast as the regular colorstay and is not as matte or cakey looking either. I don't even feel this on my skin. It's not heavy, oily or drying.

To remove, I wet my face, apply baby oil and massage for a bit, remove the baby oil with a wet washcloth and then use my Cereve Foaming cleanser after that, and then my regular nighttime skin care routine.

on 5/31/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I tried this product for the first time today after rigorously researching ingredients and reading reviews. My oily, acne prone skin is super sensitive but this formula is fragrance free and silicone based - both attributes I've had success with in the past.

I applied a thin, sheer layer all over and I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the finish is. It is a nice satin matte. I am very oily so I don't like anything with a "dewy" finish but often matte can go too matte if that makes sense. This is a really, really nice middle ground. I used a concealer brush to beef up coverage where I needed it and then applied bronzer and blush - no finishing powder was necessary.

Today was 95 degrees at 67% humidity here in Austin and immediately after applying the foundation I headed to a local brewery to meet some coworkers. We spent 3 hours hanging out outdoors in full sunlight - I definitely sweated quite a bit. When I got home and checked my mirror I was absolutely blown away - the foundation looked almost as flawless as when I first applied it. The only spot that got slightly patchy was on my chin where I currently have a small breakout - one pat of the finger blended foundation back into place. Even my bronzer (Lancome Star Bronzer) and blush (NYX Creme blush) had stayed put - they are usually the first things to wear off my skin.

The biggest win was that considering I sweated in direct sunlight for over three hours as soon as I cooled down the shine went away completely - it was right back to the original satin finish. This is probably my first skincare product review online ever, I am just that impressed with this foundation.

on 5/31/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation again is a little on the heavy side, but it gives great coverage! I used the original colorstay for years but when they changed the formuia I decided to try the colorstay whipped creme makeup. I also use the Kat Von D foundation but I find that this is just as good with a fraction of the cost. If you have a combination skin or if your skin is on the dry side, this would suit you well but if your skin is oily, this stuff might separate a little by mid morning. I am not too concerned the packaging as it last all day for me, so I just apply it once in the morning and it last for a good 8 hours. I don't have oily skin, so I love this product and I love the price!