October 30, 2014 | 1563 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by HotHamWater1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first review that I've ever written because I felt compelled to write about my disappointment in this product. For starters, I was pleasantly surprised by how the product goes on smoothly, but that was to be expected seeing how it is "whipped". From the other reviews, I was expecting this amazing full coverage product. In my experience, that is not the case. I used to LOVE Revlon Colorstay before they reformulated last year, so I was hoping for something similar. This foundation felt very heavy, and provided medium coverage. I noticed that it settled into fine lines and old acne scars. The thing that bothered me the most was the color of the foundation. I picked up Sand Beige, and it was so GRAY looking. I was running late so I had no choice but to go with it. After a hour, I looked in the mirror again and couldnt believe how horrible this foundation looked. It's also very difficult to choose a shade when the packaging has an unnecessary amount of glass. That's another thing I couldnt stand about this product. It is ridiculously bulky and heavy. It didn't fit in my makeup bag, and I couldn't believe how much extra glass there was for not even an ounce of product. Like many other women, I have tried several different foundations. While each had their own strengths and weaknesses, I've never been so disappointed in a product that I felt the need to write a review.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Roxpotamus

I wanted to like this foundation. Right off the bat this stuff just straight stinks like burning plastic. The scent lingers all day, and by the time I got home I couldn't wait to wash it off. Even if it weren't for the smell, I still wouldn't repurchase. Coverage is definitely more medium than full, it transfers like crazy, and slides off even with the slightest bit of oil. Returned.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by vanilla411

I really wanted to like this foundation. This product feels really icky on my skin, it's always slipping and sliding when I try to apply it, it doesn't set (keeps a heavy feeling, oily finish, even when just applied). It also transfers extremely easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a pretty good foundation for the price, but the coverage is more natural than full coverage- it doesn't cover up my acne or acne scars too well. Other than that though, it's great- hasn't broken me out once and has a good color match for my skin. Can get a bit oily if I forget to set it with powder, but that is to be expected. Overall, pretty decent foundation for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Kindredkl

This product is really great expert for one thing-THE COLOR! It blends so smoothly and lasts so long on my skin. It doesn't show my dry patches or anything but the color choice was terrible for me. I was the color sand beige and it matched me perfect while putting it on but when I would go to do my other makeup I learned it had a slight grey cast. Buff was too yellow for me and nude was too pink. The only choice was sand beige and the slight grey cast was upsetting it all. Basically this foundation would have been my holy grail if the color would have been right but it's defiantly worth a try if you can find your color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by brittneydarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It blends smoothly onto my skin, the coverage is great (not too cakey), and the color is amazing it matches my skin perfectly. the only thing I dont like is that the packaging is very bulky and makes it seem like youre getting more of the product than you really are. I will never use another coverup again though because I love this stuff so much!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do like this foundation, I find that is does not live up to the hype. I like that I can quickly apply it with my fingers when I'm in a hurry. I expected it to give flawless coverage like the reviews I watched, but it looks more natural in my opinion. It evened out my skin tone, but did not conceal acne scars. Another thing I did not like was the lack the poor shade range. I have it in the darkest shade and I can just about barely pull it off. Also because of the bulky packaging (it has a lot of extra unnecessary glass) it can be hard to determine in the store which shade is for you. Overall I do like wearing this foundation, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second time I have purchased this foundation. I have tried it in two different colors and I have to say I love this product more than my Estee Lauder foundation. It has MUCH better coverage for many fractions of the cost. It is comparable to MAC studio fix also. I would highly recommend this to anyone. It has buildable to the fullest coverage you want just like it promises on the label. It is best when used with powder if you have oily skin. Overall, this is the best foundation I've ever bought from a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation for almost a year now! That says a alot for me because i'm usually the girl who switches foundations every month. I highly highly recommend this foundation for all skin types, even you oily girls out there! This foundation has very buildable coverage (medium to heavy coverage), and makes my face look truly flawless. Usually i have two different foundations- one for everyday, and a heavier one for special occasions. However, after discovering this baby, i use it for everything!

Besides the flawless coverage and amazing lasting power, my favorite part about this foundation is that it doesn't break out my sensitive skin... In fact, it almost treats my breakouts! I noticed that after a long day of heavy makeup (i am a makeup artist so i always have a full face on), i wasn't getting pimples and my current break outs seemed to be drying up. I looked at the ingredients on the back, and whatya know! It contains Salicylic Acid!

My secret to extra long lasting power for the oiliest of oily skinned girls is the following. I first wash my face, then tone my skin with witch hazel. Next i apply my Becca matte primer (this stuff is the best). Then i apply the whipped foundation with my fingers, and i set it all with my ben nye banana powder. Voila! Absolute perfection that will last ALL day! I've even swam with this stuff on and it doesn't come off.

Only down side is the packaging. Its a heavy glass container that makes things bulky and inconvenient. Dropped mine once, and the cover cracked.

Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a hate/love relationship with this one. This foundation is great for summer in the humid weather. It really does not budge. However, in the winter it accentuates any dry spots that I have. It really does cover well but makes my pores really visible and I don't even have big pores :/. Although the packaging does look nice and luxurious.. it's rather heavy and not practical for travel. I dropped it on the ground and the lid broke off so it doesn't completely close anymore. I have to tie it tightly with an elastic band so the foundation doesn't dry up since I'd like to use it up in the summer... I won't purchase again since it makes my pores look humongous.