September 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in the process of test driving new foundations, so I went to the department store to get a sample of this. The color is a perfect match! I'm buff 230W. Now, for the wear, it looked good all day and until I took it off that night. It never changed color or anything. This may well be my HG, but, still searching both HE and LE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation covers well and has good oil control, but I could not find a shade for me and the mattifying properties were just okay.

While Lancome does offer a nice shade range, I was unable to find a match. I'm NC20-25, very yellow. I first tried 210 Buff N at the recommendation of a sales associate. It looked all right swatched near my jaw/ear in the store, but once I got home and applied it to my whole face, I realized the shade was too light. Next, I went for 230 Buff W because it has a warm undertone. I have to admit this color is pretty good, but it is a tad too dark. I've thought about trying 220 Buff C, but it looks too beige/peach for my skintone.

One aspect I appreciate about this product is that it is not super matte or drying, though I do have oily skin. I recently got a sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and that was very uncomfortable to wear, as it was drying and too matte. The Lancome, however, does not leave my skin feeling parched, and it has a nice demi-matte finish.

In terms of coverage, I would say this product gives almost full coverage, but not quite, as I still required concealer for my stubborn hyperpigmentation. You can definitely layer, but the foundation can start looking rather cakey.

Oil control is pretty good, but not amazing. I still got oily around my nose and on my chin after only a few hours.

A good, not great, option for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have used just about everything. The color match was insanely gorgeous, it looks flawless and natural, but still glamorous. The lasting power...wow! My wedding was outside, at high noon. I did my makeup at 8am that day, it looked flawless through the entire wedding, reception, and through the concert we went to after. When I got home at 1am, my makeup was intact and still flawless looking. When I left for my honeymoon, we had an early flight. I applied my makeup at 330am, traveled to a super humid climate, and did several activities...my makeup still looked flawless after all that sweating and moisture in the air when I washed it off at midnight.

I have oily skin, and this foundation did not dry me out. I feel like (after reading through so many reviews) this is better suited for oily skin. I have used the ELF HD setting powder and the MAC Setting powder with this foundation, and they both help keep the makeup in place and gorgeous. I have FINALLY found my HG foundation, and will gladly pay for it until the end of time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light forever. I wanted something that would not melt off my face in 4 hours but feel light. This is the shizz! It took a while for the girl to get the right color matched, but I love it. The price may be a bit more than EL, but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was matched to nc45 studio fix at mac but their foundation looked mask like and made my face break out. I use 460w when I am tanned and mix 460w with 450n the rest of the time. I'm not quite neutral but only slightly warm toned it seems. Long lasting and looks natural on my oily skin. Limited transferring. Never breaks me out. Wore this one for my brutally hot Tropical wedding last year and it held up and covered my acne scarred cheeks well for over 12 hours with one touch-up session 8 hours in. No issues with flash photography.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DevilinSide

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pale, maturing, combination (more on the dry side), and sensitive skin. I was looking for a hydrating foundation but was steered to this instead. I bought it first, then came home and read reviews. After reading about how drying it is, I was very nervous. So the first time I tried it, I used my moisturizer then applied the foundation with my fingers immediately afterwards. I found out that wasn't necessary as I felt a little greasy when I was done (although my daughter would say I was "glowing"). The next day I let the moisturizer sink in first before applying the foundation and that helped a lot. Today I finally used a foundation brush for the first time - and one pump of the foundation was all I needed to get a flawless look. I was told I wouldn't need a setting powder and I probably don't, but I prefer a light dusting of finishing powder on top of the foundation. My skin looks radiant and beautiful. I don't detect any of the perfumey or alcohol smell that others do. My skin hasn't broken out at all. It lasts well, but I have no idea if it lasts for 24 hours since I'd never wear makeup for that long. It lasts all day for me, which is about 10-12 hours. I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference: NC50/NW45. I am matched to 500W. Hands down...this is my HG! I have several other foundies in rotation but I do not have to mix with this product to get my perfect shade. The texture and finish is velvety and not cakey or mask-like at all. Honestly, I think 520W could have been my shade as well but it shows a little olive on my skin. I can't claim the 24hr last power as it starts to wear off by the end of the work day. Minimal blotting and it stays fresh mid-day. This product is awesome and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie and every new foundation i HAVE to try out. when this hit the lancome counters, i had to give it a try. i went to Ulta and the SA was raving about this foundation and said they came out with more colors to match any one. i was skeptical since i have a unique skintone that is olive with yellow undertones and some green (thanks to my greek/African American nationality) so it is very hard to find an EXACT match. To my surprise she matched me to 410W which worked well w/ my undertones. the formula was light and did not cake on me after working a 12 hour shift. no breakouts and my skin felt my skin,, not like a mask. i can't say it stays on for 24hours bc no one in their right mind should be wearing foundation for 24hours... but for the long hours i work, i am extremely happy. would repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product around 4 months of autumn-winter. I have combo skin, very reactive and some enlarged pores. I used this foundation during winter because it's medium to high buildable coverage. Stayed on nicely through snow, blizzard, wind, rain and sun. I can say it could probably last 24 hours if you powder it (better not find out though...). Lasted very well throughout the day, when I was switching from very cold humid weather to a hot office. It sets reasonably quick (but no worries, there is enough time to work it on) and matte.
As for how it applies: I found I can get away with only one pump, maybe add half more if I felt I had a bad skin day. Using it like this for more than 4 months, I still have some left, I would estimate a whole bottle lasts half a year (I used it 6/7 days a week, not scarcely).

What scared me at first was the scent: it's heavily scented. I like the smell, but I was sure it would break me out. Well, it did not, but it still smells like a bottle of perfume rather than a foundation. The smell goes away in few minutes after application (or my nose got used to it, could not tell)
Also, I couldn't say it's the most natural looking foundation, but it's not bad, for the coverage it provides. Although I would not let it anywhere near a dry skin, it might be way too drying and aggressive.

So if you want to buy it and be satisfied consider this:
-it's medium-high coverage, don't expect any less than this, and don't expect it to look like you have nothing on;
-very scented - sample it before buying, so you know it doesn't break you up;
-it dries the skin a bit, suitable if you are combo/oily;
-have a trustworthy makeup remover - this foundation really stick to the skin and lasts for a loooong while;
-and finally, even if it's a 24 hour foundation, please don't keep it on this long, it can't do your skin any good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by hel0107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is amazing really amazing, you dont need much and its covers everything without looking like your wearing alot of foundation, doesnt make skin greasy, holds skin well, doesnt give you spots, comes with a pump so you dont waste the product, a bottle lasts a while which is why ive given price 4 stars its not cheao but worth the money for sure. i will have this product in my make up staples for life as its so hard to find a good foundation.
if your skins like mine and you get spots honestly try this i think its actually stopped my spots.