October 21, 2014 | 923 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had previously tried every foundation available that was recommended for oily skin! I just couldn't find a good color match with anything, a matte finish, or decent coverage without looking cakey or oxidizing.

I went into Sephora and figured I would search around and see if I could find something. I ended up speaking with a really nice SA and decided to see what suggestions she had. When she suggested Lancôme right away and it was something I hadn't tried or considered before so I was worried. She tried 4 colors on me, and I was concerned with them possibly oxidizing and because of the lighting once you step outside! We agreed on 2 colors (240 Ivory N, and 220 Buff C) and she gave me large samples of these colors to try at home! I ended up buying 220 Buff C and using it, and then for the next bottle switching to 210 Buff N because I am more neutral and after trying this color it blended way better.

Pros:
- lots of color options (28 colors in total for this product) but their neutrals, cools & warms are very different from other brands so definitely get help matching with this particular product (and I would try and get samples too)
- matte but natural looking finish with buildable medium to full coverage
- perfect for oily skin
- doesn't oxidize like some foundations to that orange or yellow color after a couple hours (however this could be different for everyone)
- you can use very little product and still get great coverage depending on how you apply it
- pump top is convenient and easy to use

Cons:
- a bit expensive ($50) but it's definitely worth it
- difficult to match (again, I suggest some sampling)
- I wish it were easier to tell how much you have left in the glass bottles! They are heavy and you can't see through them, making it hard to know when to buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

I like this foundation. Gives great coverage, stays put reasonably well considering my oily skin and doesn't make me break out. I use it when I want a little more coverage than my usual (and favorite) bare minerals original foundation. I would highly recommend getting matched in a store. The color that works for me looks much darker in th bottle. I would never have guessed to purchase it online..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has a light matte/satin finish. Texture is liquid and is a bit runny. My colour is 03 mixed with a bit of 01 (NC25-27 in MAC). This is more suited for those who do not suffer from flaky effect with foundations, oilier skins I mean. If you have some flaking, then use a moisturizer under and this would be great. The coverage is medium to full as you build but is light enough not to cake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was excited to try this foundation but i wasnt too impressed with it. if you like a natural looking foundation, you will like this. but for me, it was a bit too blah and dull. i would say its medium coverage but buildable. it was easy to apply and blended well. it didnt dry too quickly like some long wearing foundations do. i was able to find a good shade match which is a plus. my mac shade would be NC47 if it existed..and the shade 470 suede c suited me well. as far as it keeping my oily skin matte- it fell short. after about 5 hours, i was oily.however, the coverage didnt fade and it didnt transfer. overall, its okay but not worth $45 in my opinion. im going to return it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Tentative first review! Will edit in a week or two with an update
----

UPDATED REVIEW ON 07/11/13

PROS
-Nice finish, not overly matte nor shiny, doesn't look cakey
-Lasts fairly long, sometimes does get sticky depending on the weather
-Gorgeous bottle :D great pump!
-The fragrance is not over the top

CONS
-the texture on this stuff is strange, i find it extremely hard to spread across my skin to the point where it tugs on my skin and feels kinda bad
-I use 320W and it does get a bit orangey on my face

Used for a couple more weeks wasn't ever really impressed. Texture was hard to work with, and my closest match made me look like an oompa loompa

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by DISASTER0L0GY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was originally matched to the shade 360 bisque N after repeatedly telling the SA that I have very strong yellow undertones. My face looked very pink when I arrived home so I exchanged the shade for 320 bisque W. Still way too pink for me and 410 was just way too dark. I have a very oily t-zone and sometimes my cheeks are dry. This foundation wears horribly on my oily t-zone, it all starts to melt off around my nose and eyes after 2 hours and I end up with patchy makeup which is disgusting. When my cheeks are dry, this foundation does nothing but dry them out more and I end up looking like I slapped on 5 pounds of heavy makeup. This is one of the worst foundations I own and also the most expensive. You'd think I'd be getting better quality due to the price but no.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in the process of test driving new foundations, so I went to the department store to get a sample of this. The color is a perfect match! I'm buff 230W. Now, for the wear, it looked good all day and until I took it off that night. It never changed color or anything. This may well be my HG, but, still searching both HE and LE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation covers well and has good oil control, but I could not find a shade for me and the mattifying properties were just okay.

While Lancome does offer a nice shade range, I was unable to find a match. I'm NC20-25, very yellow. I first tried 210 Buff N at the recommendation of a sales associate. It looked all right swatched near my jaw/ear in the store, but once I got home and applied it to my whole face, I realized the shade was too light. Next, I went for 230 Buff W because it has a warm undertone. I have to admit this color is pretty good, but it is a tad too dark. I've thought about trying 220 Buff C, but it looks too beige/peach for my skintone.

One aspect I appreciate about this product is that it is not super matte or drying, though I do have oily skin. I recently got a sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and that was very uncomfortable to wear, as it was drying and too matte. The Lancome, however, does not leave my skin feeling parched, and it has a nice demi-matte finish.

In terms of coverage, I would say this product gives almost full coverage, but not quite, as I still required concealer for my stubborn hyperpigmentation. You can definitely layer, but the foundation can start looking rather cakey.

Oil control is pretty good, but not amazing. I still got oily around my nose and on my chin after only a few hours.

A good, not great, option for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have used just about everything. The color match was insanely gorgeous, it looks flawless and natural, but still glamorous. The lasting power...wow! My wedding was outside, at high noon. I did my makeup at 8am that day, it looked flawless through the entire wedding, reception, and through the concert we went to after. When I got home at 1am, my makeup was intact and still flawless looking. When I left for my honeymoon, we had an early flight. I applied my makeup at 330am, traveled to a super humid climate, and did several activities...my makeup still looked flawless after all that sweating and moisture in the air when I washed it off at midnight.

I have oily skin, and this foundation did not dry me out. I feel like (after reading through so many reviews) this is better suited for oily skin. I have used the ELF HD setting powder and the MAC Setting powder with this foundation, and they both help keep the makeup in place and gorgeous. I have FINALLY found my HG foundation, and will gladly pay for it until the end of time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light forever. I wanted something that would not melt off my face in 4 hours but feel light. This is the shizz! It took a while for the girl to get the right color matched, but I love it. The price may be a bit more than EL, but it is worth it.