July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hamdi808

Was really excited but ended up not 100% satisfied with the Nars. Due to the fact that it didn't match my skin tone and doesn't really give any coverage.

Will finish the bottle as it was really expensive. You will need concealer to apply areas that the tinted moriturizer doesn't cover, e.g under eye and around the mouth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A promotional sample of this product was included in my holiday order from Sephora, I was given the shade "Alaska".
I usually use a med-full coverage foundation (D&G), but do like tinted moisturizers when I'm just going to run errands and don't want to look too dolled up. The TM I was using before was Clinique's, just cuz it's was the TM I had on hand, but it's really high coverage more like a med-full coverage foundation so I had to mix it with a moisturizer to thin it out and make it more sheer so I haven't been too thrilled with that product.
Been using this Nars product, off and on, for about a month, and I'm very pleased with it. I think it's more like a skin perfecter than it is like a TM or a foundation. For me it minimizes/blurs large pores and textural imperfections really well and counteracts redness that occurs in my t-zone (particularly around my nose). It also leaves a really pretty and youthful semi-matte finish on my skin, counter-acting dullness. It does not conceal marks or scars of any sort, however. At all. Which is fine. But it's also not moisturizing (not drying either, though), so that's why I view this as a skin perfecter.
I will be purchasing this product, I like it a lot. It feels like I'm wearing no make-up, I can touch my face without it coming off, it doesn't cake or separate nor does it migrate into the crevices around my nose (despite me concentrating most of the product there) as the day wears on, and it makes my skin look pretty nice. Not flawless or airbrushed or anything, but it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up, it just makes me look like I have pretty nice skin. And even if I have a blemish, I don't feel like I need to cover it up because this product makes my skin look so nice that, even though the blemish isn't concealed, the blemish does not grab the eyes attention.
I do need to blot the t-zone once or twice as day wears on to reduce shine, but I usually have to do that anyway.
Anyhow, I like this product.

****Edit (6/10/2013)****
Just came back to this review because of something interesting I noticed today about this TM. I was playing around with my foundations and doing a shade match test to figure out what foundations in my collection were the best color matched for me. So, I had stripes of each of my foundations from the top of my cheek bones down past my jawline and this Nars TM (yes, I still have the deluxe sample) immediately stood out as FEELING REALLY GOOD on my skin in contrast to the rest. I was only doing a color match experiment for my own personal reference for when I go makeup shopping, but it really stunned me how good the Nars TM stripe/swatch felt.
I continued with my experiment by blending the stripes/swatches to see which among my foundations were the best matches (Nars TM in the shade Alaska didn't win, a little too dark) and as I'm going around looking at the blended stripes on my face in different lights to see, and though I knew right away Nars was the wrong color, the feel-good sensation this product gave it's little section on my skin continued and continued, it definitely got my attention even though I had moved on from it because the color wasn't right. The lighter shade Finland is waiting for me in my shopping cart at Sephora right now because I want to wear this again and my sample is pretty much gone. And in case anyone is interested, the winners (a tie) of my color match test was Bare Escentuals in Fairly Light and D&G creamy foundation in beige 78. Both of these were spot on match. My other foundations that were tested something was always off (e.g. too yellow, too pink, too peach, too grey, too dark, too light, etc) LOL, anyway, hope you found this little edit interesting. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

It's a nice product. But I wouldn't buy it again nor recommend it to a friend since I can think of a few korean BB creams that are just as good and a fraction of the price. I think it's too expensive for what it delivers.
Right now I'm alternating the NARS tinted moisturizer with Etude House's Magic BB cream and I think they're quite similar.

The great thing about this product is that it has a good color range; people with deeper skin tones can't always turn to cheap korean BB creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far so good! I wanted a change from Laura Mercier to try something new and a friend recommended NARS. I got my shade matched @ Sephora, and "Alaska" looks great with my ligh-medium skin tone. It seems to be a nice thick tinted moristurizer - so it covers more than a BB cream but still sheer. Looks natrual and healthy on my skin. Nice job NARS!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was after a TM-type product for summer that gave less coverage than my HG foundation (La Prairie Skin Caviar). I loved the consistency of this in St Moritz when i tried it in store. I'd also had luck in the past with NARS Balanced foundation (now called Sheer Glow) in Barcelona, so was confident about this TM. Alas, it broke me out big time & made my skin terribly congested. SO disappointed, as I really wanted to love it.

I've been reading other reviews that put this down to the silicones but I'm not sure, as I've used other products with a lot of 'cones before (such as La P rose illusion line filler primer) with no drama. Please try & get a sample before forking out the $ as it's AUD$68. Luckily I got it at Mecca so I could take it back, even though I'd used it for a few days.

As an aside, this TM not working out was a God send, as I found La Prairie Anti-Aging Hydra Tint. Ridiculously expensive but absolutely brilliant! It really just looks like i have perfect, glowing skin. I can't believe there are no reviews on MUA for it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Purleycuba

After finishing my Origins VitaZing I tried Nars in St.Moritz. Coverage is good with a natural matt finish. I did notice I was shiny around the TZone 3 hours into wearing it... Something I never experienced that with VitaZing or Laura Mercier.

In terms of a glow, I'm not completely convinced but this is great for those who hate wearing foundation, like myself.

Staying power is very good as well as the fact it is SPF 30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me and I have already re-bought this product. It's got more coverage than most tinted moisturizer (and even more coverage than some light foundations, I'm looking at you Becca Luminous Skin Color). I wear this in Light 2 Alaska and it is the best color match that I've ever found for my skin which is very yellow toned. (For reference, I also wear C2 in Mac F&B, Camel in Becca LSC, Bisque in LM TM). With my normal skin, I don't even need a moisturizer under this, just primer. Having said that it does feel a smidge greasy when I'm sweaty during the summer months. I also love that this has SPF 30 PA+++.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by evildoctorporkchop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC35 and I use St. Moritz. The shade is pretty yellow-toned, but blends in flawlessly for a perfect match. The shade range is rather limited, so those with pinker undertones might be better served looking elsewhere.

The texture is smooth and provides better coverage than the Laura Mercier TM, which does not blend as well or have the satin finish of the Nars. Also, for a $1 less than the LM TM, you're getting 0.4oz more of product. I appreciate the flip-top squeeze tube packaging.

I've read that this contains silicone and algae extract, which might be irritating to those with sensitive/acne-prone skin. I am victim to the occasional pimple, and I have not experienced any adverse effects once I started using this. Unfortunately, it doesn't limit t-zone shine, but it didn't make my oily skin any oilier either. Overall, it's a great product and my new HG tm.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

The NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is my first ever tinted moisturiser as I always have this question in my mind: if you want colour and coverage, why don't you just go for a foundation? But since I am a super NARS fans and I am a total foundation addict, I've decided to try one and see whether NARS can change my mind! I bought Alaska which is almost perfect for me in the winter. It is the yellow base undertone that makes me look a bit yellowish in the winter but I am sure it will be perfect for the summer! To be honest, I actually think this is more like a foundation than just a tinted moisturiser. It provides you a good coverage actually better than the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and the Armani Mastro. I do set it wit a dust of powder as I don't like a sheer finish but the dewy-ness is acceptable (I guess that's why it is called pure radiant). The lasting ability is quite impressive but it tends to give you a slightly oil shine on your T-zone. With the price and amount (£27/50ml), I think it could be a good choice for people who doesn't like wearing foundation but like something with a bit of a coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by youmakemebubbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for around a year now. It is expensive for what it is (makeup) but I find it worth it. I am on my second tube of this and can honestly say it has helped with the dark marks left from past pimple. I have oily, extremely acne-prone skin with lots of hyper-pigmentation. This TM helps even out my skin a lot without looking like makeup, and with concealer and powder my skin looks perfect. When I have good skin days I can use this by itself and it gives an amazing glow to my face without looking too oily. I blend with the Sonia Kashuk multi-purpose face brush, but it works well with fingers and sponges as well. Must have!