October 25, 2014 | 1235 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by unfathomableexistance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After trying to find a foundation that actually suits my skin for years and constantly failing, I began to think i needed to take a different approach. I have used MAC's Studio Sculpt for the past couple of years and through that time I gained a hell of a lot of spots!! So i decided to try out a tinted moisturiser and came across the NARS Pure Radient one and since using this.. Voila!! my spots have begun to clear up! It gives me a good enough coverage without feeling cakey and like i'm wearing tons of makeup. The effect this product has is that it makes your skin look radiant and clear but still has the 'natural' look. As if you're not wearing make-up! And a little goes a long way with this aswell. Love this and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reached HG status pretty quickly after I sampled the little bit Sephora gave me to try. It evens my skin tone and leaves me looking as if I have nothing on. Freckles can be tricky if makeup is too heavy, but this just makes my skin look even and yet my freckles show through - like magic. This product is easy to blend. I prefer to apply it with my fingers. About a pea size amount will cover my face. It affords slighltly more coverage than your average TM. The finish is gorgeous and natural. It doesn't oxidize as the day progresses. My skin is the exact same color when I get home from work as when I left for work that morning. Doesn't settle into fine lines. Doesn't disappear. I love the packaging! It has a light pleasant fragrance. I wear Alaska and it's a perfect match for my NC 30 skin. Let me end by saying though, it doesn't stand up to Summer heat and is a much better option for me in the colder months.

Update 9/23/13 - I don't think I will repurchase. Where I still think it's a great product, coveragewise and colorwise, I think it's responsible for me breaking out. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by glitteryear

The SA at NARS used this in Finland on me and gave me a sample to try it at home - although I think I had already decided for myself that I would get it anyway.

I love how this product evens out my skin tone. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin even tho it manages to cover blemishes, if they're there. It's buildable and gives a nice glow to the face without making it look very greasy. The SPF is a huge plus as well.

The only thing I don't really like is the price, but a little goes a long way and I like this so much that it's absolutely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by knicks

I use the shade St Moritz and I have combination to dry skin. I love this as it is moisturising and the coverage is just right as I prefer to have a little flaw to show through and it gives a dewy look. There's always concealer if I needed to look flawless. I will definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I find nars products to be very overrated and over hyped due to their explicit names, sex sells i guess. But this is a very basic TM, good spf, which is what drew me too it, but in all i'd say this is greasy, not long wearing and not really much better than other TM's that are drug store. It does provide a nice coverage but it's just not a nice finish, i love dewy and glowy but i found this more greasy and oily. I don't have oily skin btw either. I much preferred chantecaille tinted moisturiser and i also found this goes a bit orange, the shade i got was st moriz

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a "summertime" tinted moisturizer at Sephora the other day and so I was given a sample of Nars tinted moisturizer in 'Finland' and Stila's tinted moisturizer in 'Porcelain' for my NC15 skin. I love Nars, I use their radiant creamy concealer for my dark under eye circles and it works miracles, however, for me this tinted moisturizer just doesn't deliver. The colour selection is terrible, the lightest colour "Finland" is still way too dark for my skin and so it just looks silly on me. I applied some this morning with my Real Techniques buffing brush and it just looked so awkward (like I had jaundice..eep!) Stila's tinted moisturizer matched my skin better for sure, but I still didn't love it. They were out of stock (and they had no tester) of the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which I have high hopes for! I think it'll do the trick, but unfortunately, Nars didn't do it for me with their poor colour selection. The lemony scent of their tinted moisturizer was nice though and it seems to dry pretty quickly!

UPDATE.....

I was messaged by someone who informed me that Nars actually did come out with a lighter colour called Terra Nueve which is STILL a tad bit too dark for my NC15 skin. I went to Sephora and got a sample and I'm so glad I didn't buy it. I wore the sample for one day and it gave me tons of little bumps on my skin. I threw it in the garbage. It was also incredibly greasy on my dry-combination skin. So not a fan. I'll buy the Laura Mercier again because the colour "Porcelain" was a better match and though the coverage was a bit lighter, it didn't give me irritation bumps or make my skin layered with grease!! Ewww Nars what the heck?!?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this quite a while ago and have nearly run out of it now.

I went off using it for a while and have recently returned because OMG the actual sun has come out in the UK, don't faint!!

What prompted me writing this review was how impressed I am with this product, I really do love it! I, like a lot of the people who have reviewed this, suffer with acne prone skin and I'm also combination.
I don't know what the deal is with my skin to be honest, because sometimes it likes moisture, sometimes it doesn't.

To start with, I'm going to say, I hate BB creams, I love the concept, but in reality, I can't use them - they are thick, greasy and hard to spread for me, and this has been the case with pretty much ALL the ones I've tried. Too faced was the worst along with the too yellow colour, Dr Jart wasn't great either, that was too grey/orange - jeez what an awful combo!

I have scars and pigmentation on my skin and I do not like heavy coverage products, I try to just live by the fact that "shit happens" when it comes to skin and that nutrition and sunscreen are my best weapons. I like extremely sheer coverage and products that are luminous and easy to spread. Beccas tinted moisturiser is one of my faves because of the packaging and the ease of use, but it doesn't give you any coverage at all to be honest which can be a bit of a bummer.

NARS on the other hand, is great! This product doesn't give you a ton of coverage but it's very pigmented and not too thick either, it does take some work to blend (i'm literally a slap on and go person hence why i like sheer and then spot concealing) but once you've got it on it looks amazing!!

Today, I look put together, radiant and glowy, but you can't tell I've got anything on really.
I agree with people about the colour, I use Finland, and its' bordering on too orange/yellow...but I find it's just right to give me this glowy look, it takes away the sallow tone in my skin which is always a benefit! I'm pretty pale and deathly looking so it should suit all but the whitest skin I think.

This product has been on my face for about 5 hours at the point of typing, there is no oiliness, and I've used a very light dusting of meteorites to set this... I can't feel any tackiness on my skin and it looks really good. This formula covers most of my uneven skin although I need concealing for some big spots when i get them (currently have only one, yaaay).

The SPF is definitely a god send, the price is insane I think, but I honestly think when I run out of this stuff, I'll buy it again. I can't remember why I went off using it to be honest, it may have just not cut it in winter, or it may have been a little too dark (i think that was it). I am also just lazy, I hate blending! I have a decent brush now though so that has been made very very easy.

This stuff is great, it does several jobs in one and that's what i'm looking for. I recommend it as one of the best higher coverage tinted moisturisers I've tried. Just test the colours before you buy!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Warm weather is upon us and I wanted something to replace my overly greasy Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer.

This is amazing! I have dry combination (t-zone) skin with hormonal red areas and a few acne scars on my chin. This evens out the redness and doesn't call unwanted attention to my dry skin bits. It doesn't cover acne scars, but a touch of concealer did the job just fine. No scent is a plus. The color selection isn't impressive, but I'm incredibly pale and was able to buff "Finland" out to suit me just fine and not oxidation problems.

It's pricy, but for this kind of performance...it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This runs dark. I am pretty fair but not porcelain, so I got Alaska which is way too dark/dries orange, more of a medium color. Finland is good for summer, still dries a tad bit too dark, I just make sure to blend more along my jawline. I want to get some color this summer anyway lol. I am a SAHM, so not looking for a professional look every day and this fast easy, nice looking foundation does the job for me. Dries a bit dewy so I use a little powder over it. Definitely more of a foundation or BB than a TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by michelleleigh815

This is by farrrrr my favorite tinted moisturizer! A little bit goes a long way, and adds a natural glow. The price is a little high but it lasts forever and is well worth it.