July 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far so good! I wanted a change from Laura Mercier to try something new and a friend recommended NARS. I got my shade matched @ Sephora, and "Alaska" looks great with my ligh-medium skin tone. It seems to be a nice thick tinted moristurizer - so it covers more than a BB cream but still sheer. Looks natrual and healthy on my skin. Nice job NARS!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was after a TM-type product for summer that gave less coverage than my HG foundation (La Prairie Skin Caviar). I loved the consistency of this in St Moritz when i tried it in store. I'd also had luck in the past with NARS Balanced foundation (now called Sheer Glow) in Barcelona, so was confident about this TM. Alas, it broke me out big time & made my skin terribly congested. SO disappointed, as I really wanted to love it.

I've been reading other reviews that put this down to the silicones but I'm not sure, as I've used other products with a lot of 'cones before (such as La P rose illusion line filler primer) with no drama. Please try & get a sample before forking out the $ as it's AUD$68. Luckily I got it at Mecca so I could take it back, even though I'd used it for a few days.

As an aside, this TM not working out was a God send, as I found La Prairie Anti-Aging Hydra Tint. Ridiculously expensive but absolutely brilliant! It really just looks like i have perfect, glowing skin. I can't believe there are no reviews on MUA for it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Purleycuba

After finishing my Origins VitaZing I tried Nars in St.Moritz. Coverage is good with a natural matt finish. I did notice I was shiny around the TZone 3 hours into wearing it... Something I never experienced that with VitaZing or Laura Mercier.

In terms of a glow, I'm not completely convinced but this is great for those who hate wearing foundation, like myself.

Staying power is very good as well as the fact it is SPF 30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me and I have already re-bought this product. It's got more coverage than most tinted moisturizer (and even more coverage than some light foundations, I'm looking at you Becca Luminous Skin Color). I wear this in Light 2 Alaska and it is the best color match that I've ever found for my skin which is very yellow toned. (For reference, I also wear C2 in Mac F&B, Camel in Becca LSC, Bisque in LM TM). With my normal skin, I don't even need a moisturizer under this, just primer. Having said that it does feel a smidge greasy when I'm sweaty during the summer months. I also love that this has SPF 30 PA+++.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by evildoctorporkchop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC35 and I use St. Moritz. The shade is pretty yellow-toned, but blends in flawlessly for a perfect match. The shade range is rather limited, so those with pinker undertones might be better served looking elsewhere.

The texture is smooth and provides better coverage than the Laura Mercier TM, which does not blend as well or have the satin finish of the Nars. Also, for a $1 less than the LM TM, you're getting 0.4oz more of product. I appreciate the flip-top squeeze tube packaging.

I've read that this contains silicone and algae extract, which might be irritating to those with sensitive/acne-prone skin. I am victim to the occasional pimple, and I have not experienced any adverse effects once I started using this. Unfortunately, it doesn't limit t-zone shine, but it didn't make my oily skin any oilier either. Overall, it's a great product and my new HG tm.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

The NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is my first ever tinted moisturiser as I always have this question in my mind: if you want colour and coverage, why don't you just go for a foundation? But since I am a super NARS fans and I am a total foundation addict, I've decided to try one and see whether NARS can change my mind! I bought Alaska which is almost perfect for me in the winter. It is the yellow base undertone that makes me look a bit yellowish in the winter but I am sure it will be perfect for the summer! To be honest, I actually think this is more like a foundation than just a tinted moisturiser. It provides you a good coverage actually better than the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and the Armani Mastro. I do set it wit a dust of powder as I don't like a sheer finish but the dewy-ness is acceptable (I guess that's why it is called pure radiant). The lasting ability is quite impressive but it tends to give you a slightly oil shine on your T-zone. With the price and amount (£27/50ml), I think it could be a good choice for people who doesn't like wearing foundation but like something with a bit of a coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by youmakemebubbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for around a year now. It is expensive for what it is (makeup) but I find it worth it. I am on my second tube of this and can honestly say it has helped with the dark marks left from past pimple. I have oily, extremely acne-prone skin with lots of hyper-pigmentation. This TM helps even out my skin a lot without looking like makeup, and with concealer and powder my skin looks perfect. When I have good skin days I can use this by itself and it gives an amazing glow to my face without looking too oily. I blend with the Sonia Kashuk multi-purpose face brush, but it works well with fingers and sponges as well. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've probably been hiding under a rock with facial sunscreens whilst slathering on my occlusive blocks down here in Australia, but wow this product is simply superb! It gives a flattering smoothing tint, to my eye completely invisible, does not feel clingy and sweaty, and blocks brilliantly. I got 'Alaska' which is perfect for my light yellow easy tanning skin. I totally recommend this fabulous product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I marked this as a repurchase, but I probably won't ....

however, if you're a 1) brand buyer; 2) looking for a good solid tinted moisturizer, this may be your ticket.

First, the finish on this is very good. I did have a few problems getting the correct color; however, once I got the right color, I was pleased with the product.

Great finish. Great wear. Great packaging .... hey, it's NARS.

However, I am much more happy with the finish on the MD Skincare (Dr. Dennis Gross) that I picked up. That's the one I keep reaching for. Over and over. Also, I found the color matching far more forgiving. Matched up first time around.

There's something about the finish and overall treatment benefits that make that product my current go to. Really impressive and natural, which goes along with the color matching .... but, had I not discovered that one, I would be using my NARS. The NARS is a bit more 'make-upy,' imo. Not quite as natural. Not quite as easy. Not quite the treatment benefits I had wanted.

I really don't mean this as a bait and switch; rather, not everyone likes to try something a little off the brand track.

TM's I've used and enjoyed in the past (that I remember): Perricone, Stila, Bienfait Du Matin ... and, now, this MD SkinCare

TM's I did not enjoy (off the top of my head): Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercia

Good solid choice if you're not inclined to go "off-brand."

:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by 123finallyfriday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a week now, and as a product-junkie I must say Im impressed. I purchased this because I was tired of the "perfect" look. that foundation gives, where yes, ur skin looks perfect, but also a bit fake, no matter how well its blended..... So I wanted something nice, sheer, and natural looking that would still give me some color, a glow, and spf. This product makes my skin look super fresh (without looking too dewy, hate that) and feel super soft. I have it in the color St. Moritz, and it matches me really well, Im around an nc35-nc37 with olive undertones. one of the things I really like about it is that it doesnt accentuate any pores or fine lines, I feel like my skin look more youthfull wearing this, where as I find a foundation can often age you. If it wasnt for the price, and that it isnt available here in Denmark I would have given it 5 lippies, but for the inconvenience of having to research to find the shade you think is right and pay an extra 12 euro for shipping I take it one down. it is a steep tinted moisturizer, but I will most likely buy it again if/when I run out.

***
Been using this consistanly for almost 6 months now, and its still my most reached for face base. EVERYTIME I get compliments on my skin, I am wearing this. and I work as a makeup artist. would Highly recomend!
Also love mixing this with a drop of my sheer glow for special occasions when I want a bit more flawlessness! :)