July 23, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Unfortunately I can't seem to make this work for me. I've tried applying this with my fingers and with a brush and neither seems to give me a flawless application. Also this has some texture problems. It's too dense and doesn't blend well, even when I try working really quickly with it. This doesn't live up to its 24hr claim either - 3-4 hours of wear is the max for me. I wouldn't repurchase. I'd much rather purchase a MAC paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is magical! First of all, the colour is gorgeous and the pigmentation? Amazing! I just take a synthetic brush and swipe this over my lid and it literally stays on ALL day.

I have oily lids, so I use a primer underneath and this stuff doesn't move an inch. Super easy to blend and makes for a great, fast look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the easiest eye look ever! I swipe this on my lids in the morning, put on liner and mascara and my eye m/u is done! Stays on my very very oily lid without primer until the end of the day when i take it off, approximately 12-14 hours wear, slight creasing at the 11th or 12th hour. Creamy texture, applies evenly no patchiness..but can get a tad frosty if applied too much though..Doesnt budge once it sets. A lazy girl's bff.My m/u staple on lazy days....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I have only used this for a few weeks now... HOWEVER the things this shadow and i have been through, have proven to me that it is HG material! I have gone to the gym with this several times, no primer and was sweating and it did not crease what so ever. I also wear it as a base for my smokey eye look that i tend to go for whenever i go out. It lasts all night long! Also I love how much product comes in the compact, it will most definitely last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all the Color Tattoo shades, but this shade is my go to for subtle, neutral looks. I love it, and I pair it with winged liner. It is lovely and really brings out the green in my eyes. The quality is excellent! It stays on all day and doesn't crease. It is more taupe, but that is what I adore about it. I love the color, the fact it is TRUE longwear, and the way I can use it for my versatile looks. Definitely love it and I have about four shades of the Color Tattoo. It is an excellent shadow and I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It has been my go-to shadow for a couple of months now. It's a beautiful warm brown-bronze with gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't like flecks of glitter though; more like a frost/metallic sheen. The consistency is creamy (despite being densely packed in the jar) and very easy to blend (brushes and fingers). The first layer goes on a bit sheer but you can very easily build it up to a more opaque, more intensely-shimmery finish. I think it makes a nice base for other warm/taupe powder shadows too. It doesn't feel wet, greasy or sticky on my eyelids.

Without a primer, this does crease on me after a few hours (I have oily, hooded lids) but on primed skin, this does not budge. I think it looks so lovely by itself with some mascara; like if you want a nice, simple sheen and warm wash of color on your eyelids for an everyday look.

Great packaging. Similar to more expensive brands; round glass jar with a black screw top. It closes tightly and securely; the product doesn't seem to be drying out at all. I think the price is very good for the quality. I see it anywhere between USD$7 - $9.

I'm excited to try some of the newer colors. If you're a fan of MAC Paint Pots, you should give these a try. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by under2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I would put it up against MAC paintpots anyday. I have oily eyelids that crease everything and this stuff stays put all day. It is a great base for other colors too. Will definitely continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product 1000 lipsticks I would! I bought this solely because of the hype on YouTube and wasn't expecting myself to love it it this much. I usually don't do cream eyeshadows just because I have such oily and somewhat hooded lids - even high end products with a primer will crease on me so I didn't have high hopes. I picked this up numerous times at the drugstore and put it back on the shelf again because I just didn't think it would work for me.

When I opened this up, I noticed its more of a taupe colour (kinda reminds me of MACs Satin Taupe) than bronze but I still loved the colour. Its nice and creamy and goes on very smooth. I put it on my lid with a somewhat fluffy eyeshadow brush or pack it on with a flat shader - both look amazing and its very a very buildable product. For day time, I just finish this off with a light brown as a transition shade and a medium brown in my crease but it can also be smoked out for a night time look as well with a dark brown or black.

The staying power of this product is what absolutely blew me away. My eyelids are super oily and even with a primer most products will crease & fade. I wore LORAC eye primer under this eyeshadow on one eye, and without a primer on the other. After about 10 hours of wear (including a nap!) this eyeshadow still looks amazing on both eyes!!! The eye without the primer is slightly starting to move but I can only notice because I looked closely in my lighted makeup mirror. So with or with a primer this stuff lasts!

I got it for under $10 which is great for such an amazing product and its easily obtainable at any drugstore. There's lots in the jar so I expect it to last me quite a long time. This product is a lazy gals best friend - you can just put this on your lid, blend out the edges, put on some mascara and run out the door still looking like you spent time on your makeup. Anyone has got to love that! When I run out, I will definitely repurchase this and I plan to go back and get a few more colours of this product to try out. Every girl needs to have this in their makeup bag or collection!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The best way to describe this color is a warm shimmery taupe (warm being the key word, usually taupes are pretty cool). Or you could consider it a cooler bronze. Either way, you get the point that this is neutral perfection. You just slide this on and your eyes look so "done". I actually have to force myself to use other eye shadows now because I could just use this every single day. I am elated! I have wanted a shadow like this for so long! Love, love, love! I am NW20 brown eyes, black/brown hair.

BTW - I don't even touch my Benefit Creaseless Creams or my MAC Paint Pots since finding these gems. My Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream eye shadows still get some attention, but most of those are bases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this new and unopened at a garage sale. This stuff wears like IRON. I had to struggle to get it off. You have to blend this shadow before it dries, otherwise you won't be able to correct any smudges. Great quality for the price.