April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Bad to the Bronze / on and on bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sweets0002

Love these as an eyeshadow base. I own the Bold Gold and Painted Purple. LOVE THEM. Applies easily. Allows eye shadows to stay longer on lids. No creasing

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning product, and one that I would definitely recommend to everyone. I put off buying it for ages, because I didn't want to get sucked into all the hype, but I finally caved and bought it a month or two ago and I'm so glad I did!
Bad To The Bronze is a stunning shade; more brown/hazel than gold, with a golden shimmer (not chunky glitter) throughout. I love it with my dark hazel/brown eyes, but I think it would look amazing with all eye colours, really.
Like has been said heaps already, it's very creamy once you break through the very top 'skin' when you first get it. I'm sure you could apply with a flat synthetic brush, but I don't really see the point as my finger works fine. Because of the unique consistency it's very easy to place the product exactly where you want it. The only time I've used a brush is when I've used it as a liner for my lower lashline (which looks stunning, by the way!).
Mostly I just sweep the colour lightly across my whole lid, concentrating a little more in the outer crease. I think this is a very pretty, put-together look that I wear when I want to feel a little special.
Price-wise here in New Zealand it's not actually too bad (given that all makeup is horrifically expensive anyway) - about $17 at Farmers. Still more than an hour's wages, but it is a product that I feel is worth spending a bit on.

The only reason I've taken a lippy off is the wearing issue: don't get me wrong, this is by far the longest wearing cream shadow I've tried, but it doesn't live up to its 24 hour wear claim. I don't even have outstandingly oily eyelids, so I was a bit disappointed with that. I get about 8 hours (I know, that's still amazing!) before it starts to separate/crease a bit. As I say, I don't really mind, but I won't give a product a full 5 stars if it doesn't live up to one of its claims.

Overall, I love this product. None of the other colours available here are ones I would really get any use out of, but if NZ ever gets any of the special collections I'll definitely consider picking up some more - Inked in Pink and Barely Branded are two that I know I'd love.

So yes, a definite repurchase (if/when I run out)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg I love this eye shadow! i wear it every single day! and it lasts for a super long time. I love the formula..it starts off creamy but then it sets and it doesnt crease at all! i dont even need a primer. And the color is gorgeous..im pretty fair so when i first saw it I thought it would be too dark. But its not its great for my pale skin. If you dont have this color you have to get it its amazing! its a great neutral shade..I hope maybelline never stops making this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I'm glad I decided to pick this up. I've been using Tough as Taupe and although I like it, it's not the gamechanger for me that it is for some (occasionally creases, hard to blend). This is a different beast -- wears exactly like my MAC Paint Pots but much easier to blend and lacking the dry crepey effect. In other words, it's a HG.

I was worried the shade would be too warm for me, but in fact it's excellent. The base seems like a neutral brown, and although the shimmer is warm, it's subtle. I also have the silvery shade called Too Cool, and it's a little glittery; this is a much more wearable shimmer. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, so easy to apply and with primer I didn't experience any creasing. Wore this for at least 10-12 hours and was pleased with how long it stayed true. I wore Color Tattoo "Inked in Pink" blended with it. Got to BOBO half off, so good deal! Would recommend!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn this eye shadow many times and it's probably one of my quick go-to eye shadows for just a quick application to give my eyes some color. I really like the hint of shimmer to it that gives the eye some definition and color. I really like that this cream shadow doesn't crease in my lids (since I have monolids) and can almost replace a primer. This shadow is great on its own but can also be used as a shadow base. Applying certain colors over this shadow can create a "new" color that's just as flattering. The hint of shimmer gives it a nice reflection off light and makes it look pretty :) Would repurchase but since there's so much product in the pot, I probably won't even be able to use it up quick enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this on Amazon.com as an add-on item($5) because everyone on YouTube was absolutely RAVING about it. I can see why! The texture of this cremeshadow is EXCELLENT and the Bronzey color actually looks great on my fair skin! I love the shimmery/pearly finish and the packaging is pretty high-quality. I would DEFINITETLY repurchase, and I'm thinking of buying the "Tough as Taupe" color as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You need this in your life. Seriously, it's that good. These potted eyeshadows are compared to the MAC paint pots often, and they are similar. Though, to be fair, they have a bit more slip and don't last quite as long as the paint pots in my opinion. To solve that problem, I actually layer this color over my MAC paint pot in Painterly. Viola--the perfect, long-lasting shade to make my blue eyes pop. I wear this combination to work nearly every single day. If I'm feeling really ambitious and have the time, I put on a little of MAC's excellent gel liner, Dip Down, on as well. I have almost all of these, and wear one or the other of them every day. But, without fail, when I wear Bad to the Bronze, someone tells me how lovely my eyes look that day. This is too cheap and wonderful to skip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiachild71

If you have blue eyes, you need this. It's a gorgeous mulchy golden, bronze color. I am very fair and this isn't too dark as the color is totally buildable. It's very affordable for the quality-- I'd have gladly paid more for it. Lately I've been in a natural makeup kick and this is all I need all over my lid, blended slightly upwards to look very put together. Looks great with any lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by blondie17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutly adore these, they are just as good as the mac paint pots. They claim to stay on 24 hours they stay on even longer an look just as great as when you first apply it. Also i like the packaging & for 7.99 you get lots of product. Im very impressed with these colortatoos, im deff goin to get the whole collection.