October 25, 2014 | 1492 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this powder really controls oil and gives you that flawless finish. Im MAC NC20-25 and the color really suits me. It doesn't give you that ghastly look and this came out sheer with pretty coverage. Its fragrance-free and the powder is finely milled. What i dont like is the cheapey sponge that comes with it. And also i wish the compact has a screw on it so that it doesn't break easily. Overall, i really love this! I better get some backup..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by rhurrell

well just to add to all the hype.. i totally love this stuff! i was thinking about trying another powder today when i was at the drugstore because im almost out of my NYC one- which ive been using for about 3 months now.. and prob can go a few more weeks... but neways, i was trying to find another powder to use then i was like.. why?? what im using is amazing, it works, doesnt cause me to break out or clog my pores, and its sooo cheap!!!! i am not bothered by the packaging like others have said, because of the price tag, i wouldnt expect anything more. i dont feel like it is going to break on me anytime soon. i use this with my pink kabuki brush after applying foundation, and im left with a pretty flawless finish!.. i believe im using warm beige and im an NC35 if that helps neone. i tried wearing this alone without foundation, and it is a very very light coverage. so if u want something that will cover shine and for a light dusting after applying foundation, this is for you. if you havent tried this, i highly recommend this for its quality and price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, I've used this for a few weeks now to give it a fair test and I officially love this stuff. I got recommended this as a dupe for MAC Blot and I am very impressed. It really does instantly blot away any shininess without leaving a powdery finish. Like others have said, the puff it comes with is worthless (toss it) and the packaging is pretty cheap (it doesn't even have a hinge), but for $1.99 it is totally worth those few annoyances for the great product it contains. I got it in translucent and it is perfect for my fair skin but I think someone with medium to dark skin might find it too light.

Oh yeah, I am very acne-prone with dry and sensitive skin and I find this to work great with my complexion; it doesn't irritate or break me out at all, and it has no scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by girlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

The best pressed powder ever. It helped control my oily skin and doens't settle in fine lines. It doens't even settle into huge pores and blends well. This powder will help control oil and make your makeup last very long. There's no color or smell to this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for NYC Smooth Skin pressed powder in translucent. Excellent, fragrance-free, no frills powder that is light enough not to alter the color of your foundation- a big plus in my book. Does contain dimethicone which seems to make it go on as the name suggests very smoothly- no chalky appearance- no settling into facial lines. I think this color is neutral enough that any fair skinned gal can pull it off. I like this better than all high end powders I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

i just got this today at rite aid for $1.99. it's in a black compact with the words "N.Y.C." on it. the actual powder was pretty good. good coverage, no color, little smell. the only complaint i have about this is that the two halves of the compact is connected by a piece of cheap plastic that is threatening to break any second. (stupid me, i didn't notice the "hinge." i kept flipping it open and close just for the fun of it. i love getting new stuff :].) it controls oil for about 4 hours. it's no biggie, since i can reapply it every 50 minutes (noticed i said CAN, not DO.).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging is flimsy. Very powdery gets everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by snickersforsnuggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, so pressed powder is a very important part of my everyday MU routine. In the past, I have tried Jane, WnW and Clinique. NYC is better than any of them by MILES. I am pretty pale and this evens out my skintone without giving a white cast. I use a kabuki to apply and it goes on beautifully without any mess.

I wish the clamshell design had a hinge instead (just waiting for the day when it snaps apart) but for the price - $1.72 at Target - I'm not arguing. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am a face powder junkie! So, after reading all of the reviews for this stuff, I decided to give it a try!

I really like this powder, I must say! I do not apply it with the included sponge as I feel that it would make the powder go on cakey and make my face look pasty. So, I apply it with a brush instead. And, wow does it work very good that way.

This stuff lasts all day, keeps oilies away better than any other powder I have used. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't turn my face orangey either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT--- i realized this is kinda pinky on me, i want to try the other colors though!

i love this finishing powder! it is a good neutral translucent, and sets mu beautifully! its only 1.72 at target which is amazing! the sponge it comes with is so bad, just toss it and use either a good puff or a brush. it gives the nice airbrushed finish, and i noticed that it did cut down on oilies. i still have to blot my combo skin, but there was definitely less oil on my face using this powder! i really like this stuff! the outside of the packaging looks so cute, but i am always afraid the hinge will break. its not an actual hinge, just bent plastic. other than packaging, this stuff is lovely!