July 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by girlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

The best pressed powder ever. It helped control my oily skin and doens't settle in fine lines. It doens't even settle into huge pores and blends well. This powder will help control oil and make your makeup last very long. There's no color or smell to this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for NYC Smooth Skin pressed powder in translucent. Excellent, fragrance-free, no frills powder that is light enough not to alter the color of your foundation- a big plus in my book. Does contain dimethicone which seems to make it go on as the name suggests very smoothly- no chalky appearance- no settling into facial lines. I think this color is neutral enough that any fair skinned gal can pull it off. I like this better than all high end powders I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

i just got this today at rite aid for $1.99. it's in a black compact with the words "N.Y.C." on it. the actual powder was pretty good. good coverage, no color, little smell. the only complaint i have about this is that the two halves of the compact is connected by a piece of cheap plastic that is threatening to break any second. (stupid me, i didn't notice the "hinge." i kept flipping it open and close just for the fun of it. i love getting new stuff :].) it controls oil for about 4 hours. it's no biggie, since i can reapply it every 50 minutes (noticed i said CAN, not DO.).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging is flimsy. Very powdery gets everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by snickersforsnuggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, so pressed powder is a very important part of my everyday MU routine. In the past, I have tried Jane, WnW and Clinique. NYC is better than any of them by MILES. I am pretty pale and this evens out my skintone without giving a white cast. I use a kabuki to apply and it goes on beautifully without any mess.

I wish the clamshell design had a hinge instead (just waiting for the day when it snaps apart) but for the price - $1.72 at Target - I'm not arguing. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am a face powder junkie! So, after reading all of the reviews for this stuff, I decided to give it a try!

I really like this powder, I must say! I do not apply it with the included sponge as I feel that it would make the powder go on cakey and make my face look pasty. So, I apply it with a brush instead. And, wow does it work very good that way.

This stuff lasts all day, keeps oilies away better than any other powder I have used. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't turn my face orangey either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT--- i realized this is kinda pinky on me, i want to try the other colors though!

i love this finishing powder! it is a good neutral translucent, and sets mu beautifully! its only 1.72 at target which is amazing! the sponge it comes with is so bad, just toss it and use either a good puff or a brush. it gives the nice airbrushed finish, and i noticed that it did cut down on oilies. i still have to blot my combo skin, but there was definitely less oil on my face using this powder! i really like this stuff! the outside of the packaging looks so cute, but i am always afraid the hinge will break. its not an actual hinge, just bent plastic. other than packaging, this stuff is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great powder! I tried the loose version of this and I didn't like it. But then I got the pressed on a whim and I love it! It's so cheap ($1.72 at Target) and the packaging is great, it's slim and sleek and even has a mirror in it. I use it over my Make Up For Ever Face and Body foundation and it works great. Looks natural and takes away the shiny-ness from it. If I ever finish it, I will definitly buy it again. I'm actually trying to finish it because I want to use the compact for my Maybelline dream matte powder foundation! lol. I like that stuff but the compact is gigantic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know it is basically free, but not a good product. It shows up as ghostly on your skin - and I have very fair skin. Chalky, just sits there...not a good investment, even in a pinch!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say I love this powder, it's cheap and it does the job, also has a fairly simple list of ingredients; as for the packaging, well that's another story. Thank goodness it's easy to pop out of it's flimsy plastic compact because it fits perfectly in my old T Leclerc compact. Go ahead, try it yourself, I assume it'll fit in any high end compact, providing of course it's a round one.