April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

i just got this today at rite aid for $1.99. it's in a black compact with the words "N.Y.C." on it. the actual powder was pretty good. good coverage, no color, little smell. the only complaint i have about this is that the two halves of the compact is connected by a piece of cheap plastic that is threatening to break any second. (stupid me, i didn't notice the "hinge." i kept flipping it open and close just for the fun of it. i love getting new stuff :].) it controls oil for about 4 hours. it's no biggie, since i can reapply it every 50 minutes (noticed i said CAN, not DO.).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging is flimsy. Very powdery gets everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by snickersforsnuggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, so pressed powder is a very important part of my everyday MU routine. In the past, I have tried Jane, WnW and Clinique. NYC is better than any of them by MILES. I am pretty pale and this evens out my skintone without giving a white cast. I use a kabuki to apply and it goes on beautifully without any mess.

I wish the clamshell design had a hinge instead (just waiting for the day when it snaps apart) but for the price - $1.72 at Target - I'm not arguing. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am a face powder junkie! So, after reading all of the reviews for this stuff, I decided to give it a try!

I really like this powder, I must say! I do not apply it with the included sponge as I feel that it would make the powder go on cakey and make my face look pasty. So, I apply it with a brush instead. And, wow does it work very good that way.

This stuff lasts all day, keeps oilies away better than any other powder I have used. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't turn my face orangey either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT--- i realized this is kinda pinky on me, i want to try the other colors though!

i love this finishing powder! it is a good neutral translucent, and sets mu beautifully! its only 1.72 at target which is amazing! the sponge it comes with is so bad, just toss it and use either a good puff or a brush. it gives the nice airbrushed finish, and i noticed that it did cut down on oilies. i still have to blot my combo skin, but there was definitely less oil on my face using this powder! i really like this stuff! the outside of the packaging looks so cute, but i am always afraid the hinge will break. its not an actual hinge, just bent plastic. other than packaging, this stuff is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great powder! I tried the loose version of this and I didn't like it. But then I got the pressed on a whim and I love it! It's so cheap ($1.72 at Target) and the packaging is great, it's slim and sleek and even has a mirror in it. I use it over my Make Up For Ever Face and Body foundation and it works great. Looks natural and takes away the shiny-ness from it. If I ever finish it, I will definitly buy it again. I'm actually trying to finish it because I want to use the compact for my Maybelline dream matte powder foundation! lol. I like that stuff but the compact is gigantic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know it is basically free, but not a good product. It shows up as ghostly on your skin - and I have very fair skin. Chalky, just sits there...not a good investment, even in a pinch!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say I love this powder, it's cheap and it does the job, also has a fairly simple list of ingredients; as for the packaging, well that's another story. Thank goodness it's easy to pop out of it's flimsy plastic compact because it fits perfectly in my old T Leclerc compact. Go ahead, try it yourself, I assume it'll fit in any high end compact, providing of course it's a round one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by katenabi

First of all-- I am ridiculously pale, and have no way to get color (I don't tan or burn), so this doesn't make me look ghost-like as some reviews say. I use it as a set powder, and I love it. It removes shine, but doesn't look powdery. And for the price, I mean, c'mon! It is only like two u.s. dollars....

The packaging needs major help though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to touch up during the day.. it's dreadful and makes you look like a ghost. Do not waste your money on it...