October 22, 2014 | 1973 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by honeygirl808

I just bought the Vitalumiere foundation in 07 Ivoire and I love it! I was a little torn between the Aqua formula and this one, but settled on the Vitalumiere because it felt better on my slightly dry skin. The Aqua formulation, I felt, settled right in my wrinkles and didn't lay right on my skin, if that makes sense. I need the extra moisture and this feels so nice and creamy and light, and just kind of blended in with my skin without looking cakey. I was concerned that it would feel too moist on my skin, but with a light application of powder on my t-zone, I looked dewy but not sweaty. I like the glow factor with this foundation; it gave me such a radiant, glow-y look that my husband even commented on how good my skin looked! As for longevity, I had it applied around 10:30/11:30am and I washed it off around 9:30pm and it still looked great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by gardener101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin tends to get a bit oily, but I find that this is a very comfortable foundation and does not give me grease overdose even though I stay in a hot and humid climate. It is very flattering on my Asian skin and lasts the whole day without oxidation. I set it with jurlique's silk powder (this powder is amazing with all my foundations).

Had a tough time deciding between the Aqua version of this, but the beauty advisor advised that this one gives better coverage. Am glad I went for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the dewy look this gives you. if you dont set it with a powder it only lasts a couple of hours.

i like this so much, because it feels like its less harmfull to the skin than aqua-lumiere or other foundations.

i would say this is for dry skin only.

its very fascinating, how darker shaded colours really give a glow of sun-kissed to the skin. no 40 was the best i ever used. but my current shade matches my skin too much (haha -but it really does) so its not that flattering as no. 40 was. next time no 40 it is again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Vitalumière! I could never find a shade match until Diaphane (Intensité 0.2) came along, only to be subsequently discontinued (I swear Chanel discontinues / changes products more frequently than any other line. Sigh...). Diaphane was the lightest shade of Vitalumière -- and the only Chanel shade that is actually light enough for me. I would have appreciated it for this fact alone -- but it's also just a lovely foundation! It blends beautifully, leaving an even, smooth finish; my skin seems to glow. As one reviewer mentioned, it really does not seem to set (or dry, really) on its own; I always have to add a touch of powder to set it. It's worth it, though -- it really does make my skin look amazing!

It did not break me out or irritate my skin in the least. I do not like the fragrance -- it's a bit perfumey and too sweet -- but while it is very noticeable at first, it does not linger on the skin much longer than a few minutes. Still, if you are sensitive to fragrance, you may want to skip this one.

All in all, lovely -- and sad that it is discontinued.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by emilypri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my Vitalumiere, it's definitely one of my most used foundations. My skin is quite dry, so its moisturizing qualities are a plus for me. I love the even, dewy finish I get with this foundation, especially after buffing it in with a brush. It really brightens up my face/gives it a nice glow :). A bit expensive for my tastes, but I use so little of it each time (not a lot needed to get the coverage I want) that one bottle has lasted me a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't really like this..I do like the texture, but the color doesn't match my BB warm natural complexion. :/ But few Chanel foundations do match women of color. Glad I didn't blow 45 bucks on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

My holy grail go-to foundation!! Finally! Gorgeous, flawless, dewy, everything I ever dreamed of in foundation. I stumbled upon this randomly one day while shopping with my mom. She insisted on buying me something I agreed to get this foundation. I never have ever worn foundatIon but this stuff is incredible. I always look for an excuse to wear it because it makes my skin look like a million bucks. It also looks better as the day go by , which I love! I apply in the morning and come night time my face is still immaculate!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like dewy finish so i tried this Chanel vitalumiere, regular version but i'm kind disappointed. it is very hydrating but at the same time a little too hydrating. it gives my face a funny shine! i have normal skin but in the picture with this regular version of vitalumiere i look like i have very oily skin and my whole face is just shinning. it doesn't last either. if i answer the phone it just comes off right away onto my phone. not to mention your clothes and your companion's clothes, which can be kinda disgusting. i do think the formula may be good for the skin though, especially for winter, as it's very hydrating unlike some other foundation can dry out the skin. just hated the finish and lack of lasting power. i really wanted to like it but after using up 2 bottles, i just had to give it up. now i've switched to the Aqua version of vitalumiere that is so much better in terms of finish and lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing all the great reviews from Pixiwoo, I decided to try it. This foundation is definitely not meant for people with oily skin, after having it on for an hour, my skin looked super oily.... and it magnified my pores! I think this foundation would be good for people who have dry or dull skin. I actually gave this foundation to my mother(shes age 65) and it looks awesome on her. It doesn't settle in her wrinkles and it makes her dull skin look awake! She actually looked 20 years younger after wearing it, and got lots of compliments from my family. Least one person is happy with this foundation. Looks like I'm sticking to my MUF Matte Velvet and Mac Studio Fix Foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Only just discovered this foundation (thanks to Pixiwoo) and I have to say that I love it. I have typical English Rose skin and have struggled for years to find a foundation that doesn't cake; fade; look too pink etc... The shade 10 Limpide is perfect for my Autumn; Winter and Spring skin shade. It blends easily with both fingers and foundation brush (I actually prefer fingers for this) and really gives a glowing; even toned finish to my dry skin. Not heavy but not as light as a tinted moisturiser. Lovely :-)