August 20, 2014 | 1910 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my regular beauty blog reads had a little blurbed about this range. I saw a Boots deal, 3 for 2 offer and thought I would give it a go - as I have never really been a big fan of Revlon in general. But I can safely say, I am a fan of their Lip Butters. I gave the Wild Watermelon, Tutti Frutti and Strawberry Shortcake a try first. The Wild Watermelon gives a lovely glossy pinky red stain (like you've just eaten a cherry ice-lolly) and is great for everyday wear - I've been using almost everyday! Tutti Frutti is another goodie, as it adds a suptle peachy glow to your lips. My lips are sadly a bit too similar in colour to Strawberry Shortcake so it doesn't look like I have anything on - so I guess great for a nude look if that's what you're after? The finish isn't at all sticky and it really does moisturise (without feeling like you've got a layer of glycerine on your lips). Definitely going to be staple to my summer routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is only for the colors, as I had a hard time finding good shades for my pigmented lips and NC44 skin.

With all shades, the product isn't pigmented enough to cover uneven liptone.

My favorites:
Cherry Tart-Medium/dark pink with shimmer. Shimmer isn't really visible on the lips. A nice everyday color.
Tutti Fruti-A beautiful pinky orange coral that is perfect for summer.

Colors that didn't work:
Pink Truffle - A pinkish brown shade that is too natural looking and washed me out, especially because I don't wear much eye or cheek makeup.
Sweet Tart - On my pigmented lips, this applied as a cool-toned hot pink that was almost lavender. Not flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xocen

These are my absolute favorite lip colors ever! Lipsticks tend to dry out my lips but these are like a HIGHLY pigmented chapstick. They go on so smooth and are so moisturizing! I want one in every color!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally these didn't work for me. Although I've never been a fan of sheer lip products and high shine balms, I thought I'd try these because of the great reviews they received. I have creme brule and peach parfait. I gave peach parfait to my younger sister after wearing it once. It is more of a pinkish colour than a peach on my lips and there was a lot of glitter in it which felt almost gritty when applying. The overall effect was really young and cheap. Creme brule was slightly better and I have kept this one because I really want to like it. It's a pale nude. Because its sheer and glossy its far less scary and more wearable than a highly pigmented matte nude. I usually dab this on with my finger though, as applying straight from the bullet can look really alarmingly pale. Although it is shiny, its not sticky but I have noticed that after applying, it feels slightly suffocating and artificial on the lips for a few seconds. I got used to this sensation and it might not be the same for everyone but I really wouldn't say these are very moisturizing or hydrating. The formula does feel pretty cheap and I think they are overpriced for what they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Wild Watermelon and Berry Smoothie. Wild watermelon is the perfect summer shade! These lipbutters are not to heavy and slightly sheer which is great for every day use. The added moisture is a plus! I wish they would last a little bit longer than two hours on me, but I can't complain since these are comsidered to be more of a balm than a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Kagnew43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip formula :) it has a really good texture and it slides onto the lips very easily. It's really moisturising which is great as I tend to have quite dry lips. It has great pigmentation as well and transfers the colour brilliantly. Great range of colours, oh and did I mention...I love this product :) currently using the colour strawberry shortcake and it's great for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Compared to the new Sally Hansen Colorfast balm crayons, I prefer these. There are WAY more colors, they smell yummier, and they have more pigment. The SH ones barely show up at all on me. Revlon's are more expensive, but not by much, plus there are usually coupons in the paper for them anyway. I like how I can just swipe these on without precision, sans mirror, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I love these!! I have Pink Truffle, Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon and a few others, but these 3 are my favorites!
I am a total lipstick junkie. I am used to wearing bright reds, and oranges (i have an NC35 skin tone) but they are always such a pain to wear because i usually have to wear lip liner, and they dry out my lips.
Lip butters are shiny, light and perfect for a a pop of color depending on which you get. These lipsticks don't offer full coverage, so you would not be able to get a bright bold lip with any of them, but you can still achieve a pop of color, without putting on any lipliner. They last about a couple hours but they are easy to apply. I would describe them as tinted chapstick!
I do enjoy them on days when i don't want to wear too much makeup but still want to look put together!
ps- sometimes they go on sale at Target and you can find them for about $6!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Everyone has been saying these products are over hyped and I would definitely agree on that however I still like the one I have a lot. I have the lip butter in Creme Brulee. It's a light beige nude. Perfect for every day natural lips. This was the only color that I really liked, the others were just something I could get somewhere else or nothing I haven't seen before. Ordinary mauves, reds and pinks but I've been wanting a beige nude for a while and got this. The texture is nice, smooth and creamy but because they called it a lip butter I expected it to be more moisturizing than it was. The finish is the thing I like the most, it's so glossy! You don't need a gloss overtop of it cause it already has that on it's own. Very nice finish. The lasting power was pretty poor, lasted about 2 hours or less on me. I had to reapply it a lot and felt like I was wasting the product a bit. The pigmentation was what I expected, light pigmentation, can be layered for more color but it's not gonna give you a lot of color no matter what you do cause it's just not that type of lip product. If it was about lasting color it wouldn't have the name that it has. So i expected it to be pretty sheer. It cost me 6 dollars at target which is reasonable to me. All in all, I would repurchase THIS color again for sure but I don't plan on venturing out into other shades cause I wasn't nuts about the rest and even if I was I would have to reapply it a a thousand times a day which is kind of wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kind of overhyped to be honest with you. I love good pigmentation when it comes to lipsticks, but i found this just too sheer. it is a bit like a lip gloss in a bullet if you ask me. For the extremely steep price of 22AUD, i was severely disappointing, especially after reading the glowing reviews here. then again, it may just be my shades. (creme brulee and cremsicle)