November 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so conflicted about these Revlon Lip Butters. I currently have three colors: Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, and Sweet Tart. And I love them all. The colors pack a punch without being too opaque and they're quite moisturizing. They each last about three to four hours on my lips (without eating) and leave a bit of a stain when the initial emollient layer wears off. Wild Watermelon is a bright coral pink and my absolute favorite. Sweet Tarte is a bright cool pink that's utterly fresh and pretty. And Candy Apple is a true candy apple red, leaning slightly warm.

But that's where the love ends. Sadly, each of these lip butters has become seriously messy to use due to poor (albeit cute) packaging. The actual color sticks are so soft that they rub against the inner metal tube and wind up bent and smushed all over the tube, making me lose way more product with each use than I normally would. And after about half dozen uses, I've been left with a lip balm that looks more like used gum. These are soft enough that I think they would be much better in a pot.

Yet another case of a great product ruined by horrible packaging. Because of the abysmal packaging, I won't be buying any more of these lip butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gotta get them all! I find myself reaching for these more often on a daily basis then some of my cherished MAC lippies. They're so easy, the color pays off in just the right amount not too look overdone. And the texture is moisturizing of course. It's my lip balm and lipstick and gloss all in one tube :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

I guess I'm a party of one. Loathe this stuff. Very waxy. Colors on packaging never match as always with Revlon. Total waste of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyraff

Gosh, I love these lip butters. They are splendid and hassle free to apply. I apply them just like a lip balm and it gives the most beautiful shine and colour to the lips! I have a few of these and they actually last for ages. I keep them in each of my handbags and they come in handy whenever I need a bit of colour to the lips. It glides on really smoothly and actually lasts for quite a few hours. I will definitely be repurchasing these!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Aaah, I love these things. They are the perfect lipstick for the person that wants to be bold, but not too bold. The shade Candy Apple is the only red lipstick I've felt okay with wearing in public.

The thing that makes them so wearable, even in bright colors, is that they have this balmy consistency that really blends well into the lip, somehow making that bright red, berry, or orange look natural. The difference between this and every other tinted lip balm out there is that the Lip Butters are pretty highly pigmented.

The color doesn't last too long, but I find I don't mind re-applying throughout the day. Though it's not one of those balms you can swipe on your lips without a mirror. As I said, they are quite pigmented, and so you can go outside your lip line very easily. Treat it as a lipstick in that regard.

The big problem I have with the Lip Butters, and maybe this only happened with me, but I found that with two of my my Lip Butters the product inside somehow swiveled around in the container it was in and now is completely backwards and is a lot harder to use. So they aren't extremely sturdy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

I love this baby! It's the bomb! My lips are no longer dry and my favorite color ; Candy Apple, is super pigmented. It stays on for a long time and even when the shine goes away, the stain is still there. What I DON'T like about this product is the amount you get. I mean, it's so expensive!! For AU$22, you really don't get a lot, and so it won't last long if you use it a lot. And secondly , not a fan of its packaging. I thought that the case looked sort of tacky and it's little difficult to get it to open. So much that its starting to get annoying. Overall, I do love it, I see why it's been hyped about all over the blogs and interwebs, but what really ticks me is the price and the amount you get that goes with it. And the packaging. But I still love it. I have six of them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I have 6 colors of these. Red Velvet, Lollipop, candy apple, cotton candy, berry smoothy and tutti fruity. Out of all the colors I got... I probably only liked 1/2 of them. Some of the lighter colors are very sheer and streaky. I love "candy apple" and "lollipop"... they are very pigmented and glide on beautiful. Red velvet and cotton candy are okay. But i have to say my least favorite was tutti fruity! It has very poor color pay off and was also very streaky! To be honest, I much prefer the "kissable balm stains" 100x more than these lip butters. Also for the price these cost..and the amount of product you actually get... it's not worth it at all. It's expensive and I wouldn't repurchase any of the colors again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I LOVE this product. My favourites are Gum Drop(gorgeous lavender colour) & Sugar Frosting (light baby pink). For me they give a really nice colour payoff, I don't find these sticky at all, which lasts a few hours however I find that when the colour goes my lips still feel mousturized. The only down side is that this product is $22 in aus. a part from that I LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Tutti Frutti (summer color) and Fig Jam (fall/winter color) after extensive reading of reviews, blogs, etc. I am very pleased with my purchases! The colors look scary in the tube but much more natural on your lips. It seems to me like most of the people who weren't satisfied tried the "glittery" shades (peach parfait and some of the lighter pinks come to mind). I would stick with the non-glittery, more pigmented, richer colors like the ones I bought or Candy Apple (which I plan on buying next time), Brown Sugar, Red Velvet, etc. Not saying others won't work for you, but people seem to be having better luck with those shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by vixens97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Red Velvet lip butter. I am a red lipstick girl and am always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. I think this one might be the one! I am very fair with naturally very pink lips, most reds end up looking very fuschia on me because of my natural lip color. These lip butters go on smooth, good color pay off, sheer feeling and very moisturizing. When I first tried the product I was worried that the color pay off wouldn't be what i was looking for but as i broke thru the homogenized molding thing that a lot of lipsticks do it was all I hoped for. A true red, deep cherry colored pin up red that didnt make me clownish, shocking pink lips or mixing colors. (i dont mind in my bathroom but while out and about on a busy day..?? its a pain) I did get deal on it at my local drugstore but would pay full price. it doesnt last all day but as something described as a lip butter i didnt really expect it to. Overall an excellent purchase :)