October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reeeeeaaaally don't like this mascara. I ended up giving it to my little sister. I have naturally really curly lashes and this formula if just to wet and takes to long to dry. When I blink it gets on my eyeshadow and it is the most annoying thing. It wouldn't be that bad of a mascara if it had a better want. I don't like the cone shape, the big part really seperates, buy the cone part smudges my eye lashes and is just a mess. I would repurchase as soon as a different brush Is included

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- doesn't smudge/flake
- holds curl
- brush is easy to work with

Cons

- lashes look incredibly thin with little length and no volume

Comments: This is like the original formula, just not as wet and with a better brush. I'm glad it doesn't take long to dry and there was no flaking or smudging. It just didn't do anything else for my lashes.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jenaahuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the original great lash- worst mascara EVER; it weighed my lashes down with a gooey/wet formula, took forever to dry and smudged after approx 30 mins. also, the brush was just terrible for my Asian lashes.

I contemplated for a while about getting the GL-LoL but finally gave in after watching emilynoel83's review on it; also it was on sale @shoppers.
surprisingly, maybelline made the LoL mascara a lot more workable; it was still wet but not as wet as the original. if i curled my lashes and 5 being the curliest; after applying this mascara my lashes would go to a 3.5 which is not bad imo.
eventually i got annoyed of the brush because you'd have to flip your wrist to use it on the other eye to achieve the same look. so i switched the brush to maybellines falsies. &what do you know? it worked even better. the curl was a 4/5.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beefnoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lengthens but it clumps my lashes and doesn't volumize. I only wear this on lazy days when I don't mind if my mascara isn't as nice as can be.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by brenduhhh

The formula is very wet and it weighed my lashes down so even if I curled my lashes, it wouldn't have made a difference. The brush is super tiny so it is great for grabbing all lashes but I prefer big brushes because this one is too tiny to control. It lengthens my lashes but does get a little clumpy when putting on multiple coats. It also takes a while for it to dry. However, the reason why I dislike it is because it weighs my lashes down.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tketels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great Lash is known as one of the best mascaras (and the oldest) out there, that have worked well for generations to come. I have to agree! Great Lash gives you full, thick lashes that last forever. The only problem I have is the shelf life of it. I've only had mine for a month, and it's already starting to clump and dry out, to the point of where it falls into my eyes by the end of the day. I don't pump my mascara when applying and the weather is temperate, so I can't really see a reason why it's become "done" so fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by junelove

This was one of the very first mascara's I bought back in high school when I started wearing make up and at the time I loved it. As I started getting older I realized how many great mascaras were out there. I would say that this is at the bottom of my list as it does not fulfill any of my needs (length, volume, no clumps). Definitely not recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I honestly do not understand what the problem should be with this mascara! It is the most hassle free mascara ever! It instantly gives a decent, natural result. I love the brush! It really creates lots of lashes!
I am totally happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I actually love this mascara. I've been using it for years and it makes my eyelashes look amazing. I really think it has a lot to do with your own lashes. You either love this mascara or you hate it. It just happens to work for me. Every time i try and use a different mascara/brush i hate it. This particular brush separates my lashes so nicely and gives my great length, and i usually put on a lot of coats without it getting too clumpy. It's also really cheap - if you buy it at walmart its about 5 dollars. Don't bother buying it at shoppers in Canada, they charge way too much for it.
But, don't mistake this one for the original great lash. That brush is so terrible, and the mascara seems watery.. it's very different than this one. This pink silicone brush is my favourite.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Do3Zahid

I hate this mascara with a passion! I was so excited to finally be able to use this new rendition of an all time favorite, but was disppointed. The formula is too watery for anyone's eyelashes to be honest. The wand did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Yet maybe if the formula was better, the wand would be acceptable. The only thing that's good about this product was the packaging. The signature pink and green is adorable! I am a believer of not wasting a product so I'm using this at school. It gives me the slightest lift and is natural enough not to be caught be any teacher ( we have a strict no-makeup policy).