Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 10/12/2014 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation has the potential to be great, but it isn't for me. I really wanted to love this; the color match is perfect, it has great coverage, and it has a beautiful natural matte finish. Unfortunately, after wearing it for an hour, my face becomes a total grease ball. Even when I prime and powder the same thing occurs. If you have very oily skin, stay away...it's not worth the makeup meltdown.

on 10/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

I wish I could love this foundation. it has great potential to be great on perfect skin. but if you have any acne or sensitive skin issues like I than I don't recommend this at all. I used it for two weeks and by the end of each day it was sliding right off my face and leaving me with excess oil and acne. my face is now trying to calm down from it. it's perfect if you don't have oily or sensitivity to very heavy foundations.

on 10/5/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I use this as a concealer since it gives great coverage. I bought this as a QVC set and wait a while to try this out. Am I glad to have this! I apply this all over the face for special occasions only but for everyday I use this to cover my acne and red marks, add a mineral powder and I'm set. In conjunction with the Loreal True Match mineral pressed powder and this, it's absolutely flawless! My face stays matte and with full coverage. This product in itself is medium coverage, but can be made into full coverage when adding an extra layer. If I don't happen to find an HG concealer that doesn't break me out, then I will definitely repurchase this.

on 9/30/2014 12:50:00 AM

This is a clay base foundation that feel like mouse when applied and has light to medium coverage it cover slight imperfection. It doesn't really cover redness or acne. The shades do oxidize. This will dry out the skin the more you use it. Over drying the skin is not good the skin it will produce more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture and may breakout from being over dry. For me it didn't cover my redness or blur imperfection. The redness around my nose and cheeks still show through even when i applied more. Plus my skin started to become dry/dehydrated flacky patches but really oily on the surface.and brokeout from over drying.

My friend recommended this product to me and I thought I would try it because I use the Tarte amazonian clay waterproof concealer and love that! But since buying this product I have been greatly disappointed. The product is said to be great for sensitive skin but mine has been breaking out all over since I have been using it. It also becomes very cakey after only a couple hours of wear, which is very disappointing since it is advertised as 12 hour wear. I have this in fair, and it is a bit tan for my face but I love the yellowish glow it gives, since my face has more red pigments. I am taking a break from this product though until my skin clears up and then maybe I will try it again. I love the feel of this product and how it applies at first. It is very smooth and creamy. Maybe it will be a better wintertime foundation for me. Overall it seems to be a very good product, I would just recommend trying it in store before purchasing it, to make sure it is right for your skin type. Also Tarte packaging is my favorite. It is very durable, reliable and super cute!

on 9/25/2014 9:23:00 PM

I said id buy again because of the color match

The coloring system is really odd. Im normally a light/med or medium shade in most things with yellow-olive tones. However medium sand was still too ashy. I ended up with the perfect match at tan-deep sand. The amount if yellow in it is perfect. It makes me sound much darker than I am. I a, nor ally about nc30 in mac

The honey shades had too much peach/pink in them

I never thought id be tan-deep anything but def try out the spectrum if youre a yellow undertone

In other news it makes me a bit oilier than usual but its great coverage

on 9/14/2014 6:51:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I can't say enough good things about it. It makes my skin look natural yet flawless and has never broken me out. I get sooo many compliments on my skin and this is why! It blends beautifully and leaves a beautiful matte finish. I would say it gives a full coverage look and lasts all day! Love love love.

on 9/14/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for around two months.
1. It works much better with primer underneath (I use Tarte primer)
2. I bought the matching brush and hated the finish it gave
3. It's very thick and however you apply it, dampen the applicator first
4. No matter what this looks quite thick and obviously is foundation - avoid using under eyes
5. My hyper sensitive skin was never irritated by this
6. It has great lasting power
7. It's really good for neutralizing redness

Overall this has pros and cons - I think my overall impression is neutral. I keep using it because my sensitive skin likes it.

on 9/12/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I really wanted to like this foundation. I love the absence of bad ingredients, that there's SPF and that it's meant for oily skin. But I find that you have to use a lot of product to get this foundation to spread and I know it's probably because it's clay-based. So, it's thick. However, it doesn't feel thick on your face, which was surprising.

Unfortunately, the color is very bizarre. I purchased "light sand" for warmer skin tones. I was actually color matched to light beige, after I very specifically told the girl at Sephora that I cannot have a pink-toned foundation, and she matched me to light beige... which says "pink undertones". I bought light sand anyway to go for a more yellow foundation... but it's still too pink. If you have olive or yellow skin in any way, don't buy this foundation. It looked fine for 60 seconds, but when it oxidized it turned into a beige/pink color. Putting the matching powder on made the pink colors even worse.

Such a bummer. I will be returning the foundation and the powder, and probably get a Lancome foundation since they're great with yellow tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation it gave me good coverage and surprisingly better than a lot more than high end products. I have oily and acne prone skin. This product provided me with the coverage I need plus a nice matte finish. And also dident make me break out. Exactly what I was looking for. Defiantly would buy again! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom