November 1, 2014 | 924 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have recently purchased the Tarte foundation and so far I am loving it! I am very acne prone and have recently broke out like crazy all over my cheek from my previous powder. I went to Sephora and was recommended the Tarte foundation. I would suggest that you use a light hand when applying because since the formula is thick it has very high coverage. The best way to apply is with your clean fingers or a foundation brush starting from the center of the face out. I must say that it covers my acne and scars well, stays put all day ( I get oily through the day ), and really overall perfects your face. My only cons are that it can apply cakey, dry out your skin and make you look pale since there is such high coverage. Even though it is pricey it is worth it but when you are at your makeup counter definitely ask for a color mach.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by aemayone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a bad product but I don't think I would purchase it again as it left my skin feeling oily after only a few hours. It goes on smoothly and you almost don't need a primer but it fails to cover up pimples and leaves them poking up out of the foundation. If you already have nice skin this would be a good compliment for your face, but if you tend to be on the oily/acne prone side this may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

This is one of the only foundations that does not irritate my acne-prone skin. I have some of the worst hyper pigmentation I have ever seen on a person, and this foundation covers it wonderfully! It is thick and creamy, but still allows the skin to breathe. I like to do a layer all over my face and blend down to my neck, then go over my problem areas one or two more times and blend with a beauty blender. It stays for a good four to five hours, but I am thinking if I change my primer I could get it to stay much longer. I have repurchased it once already and plan on repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by britnitessaho

Just bought this in exchange for UD's naked foundation. I like it so far but it's not amazing. The swatch looked great in the store and so flawless but on my skin it doesn't give it the glow I want. However it is full coverage and will last all day for the most part. A little goes a long way and I find that the best application is by hand. It's so airy, whipped, light texture that it doesn't apply well even with the MAC fibre stippling brush. Many different shades I like that the boxes tell you which goes with what undertone. It's an overall good foundation but pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lots2bhappy4

I have sensitive /acne prone skin and this product works well for me. It offers a medium/full coverage . Very easy to apply. Doesn't settle in my pores and has a clean look throughout the day . Stays on well, but I haven't worn it in a humid environment yet. Very pleased with this winter foundation for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this was my last hope for Tarte products. I have now decided that the whole brand is shit...at least for someone like myself with acne prone and oily skin. I had coveted this product for quite some time and read reviews..and pretty much researched it as much as I could. It turned out to be an expensive skin disaster. I liked the color, the medium coverage, and the finish of it. It really did have a luxurious type finish to it. I could have lived with it, I would have loved it......if it weren't for the explosive cystic acne. Damn, that was terrible, it frustrates me just to think about it. I paid so much for this junk that treated my skin worse than a 3 dollar foundation would. That's a terrible thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

it definitely lasts all day and it has great coverage. it's the most expensive foundation in my collection but also the best one i own.i love that the formula is thin, but at the same time one coat gives a lot of coverage, so my face doesnt have that gross "im wearing thick gross foundation" feel all day. plus if you want to build up the coverage it's pretty easy to without caking up since the formula is so thin. it's easy to buff into my face; i have never tried it without using a powder over it so i can't say how long it would last without a powder on top. but, this product lasts from the time i put it on at 6 am until i wash my face around 9 pm. i know it's really expensive but just a little squirt goes a looong way so in the long run it's definitely worth spending forty bucks on

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good and decent foundation but it's that good to be my HG foundation. My HG foundation is ELDW. I like Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full - coverage foundation's coverage. I do not need to apply a lot to cover my discolouration and scars. However, it doesn't stay for 12 hours. I think it only lasted for around 6-8 hours? it alright for a normal day wear. It has a big range of shades so it'll be suitable for many ppl. The packaging is very convenient too. It's easy to take around since it is in a tube form. I bought the brush too. I love the brush. But, what this can do, my ELDW can too.. just tt I hate the packaging for ELDW. so this replaces it when I'm travelling! Definitely will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this foundation. Cruelty-free, vegan, and natural? Awesome! Lady at Ulta tested it on me in the store and it felt like I wasn't even wearing foundation. Unfortunately they don't give samples at Ulta so I just said what the heck and bought it. Some pros: the texture is awesome, really light and fluffy. Sort of like a mousse. Also, it feels like I'm not even wearing foundation. The cons: I have combination skin, oily in some parts, really dry in others. Plus acne scars and hyper pigmentation. Let's not forget about the dark eye circles... Well, this foundation claims to be full coverage, but I feel like I had to apply so much, and it covered almost nothing. You can still see everything, the foundation even seeped into my pores and clung to my dry patches for it's dear life. Thinking I applied it wrong, I tried multiple ways. Brushes, fingers, sponges, to no avail. Also, it made the skin around my eyes burn. If you already have fairly decent skin, I can see this foundation work well for you. But for me, I'll be returning this and heading to Sephora to find some other samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Darlingjay23

Good not great. I wanted to love this product, I really did, but being a woman who is on the go for 12+ hours, five days a week, I need a product that will at least surpass 4 hours! I will be returning and just stick to my usual foundation.