April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I chose to wait to write a review for this foundation to see if I liked this product after about two months of usage, and I still love it as much as the first time I wore it! With super sensitive and fairly dry skin, finding a go-to foundation has been a difficult task for numerous years. In the past I've been a big big fan of Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, and while that foundation is wonderful (but a bit pricey), I found it less long-wearing than what I was hoping for. I heard good things about this foundation and on a whim decided to purchase it at Sephora and boy am I thankful I did! This foundation is SUPER light weight- does not even feel like I'm wearing a full coverage foundation, and does not move throughout the day. I apply the foundation at 7am and even after a full day of activity it wears perfectly until night time. This foundation is perfect for dry skin types such as mine with redness on the cheeks. Great GREAT product overall!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by BSlytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this foundation for some time but I have yellow undertones and this foundation is pinkish which I hated. But I still wore it. At first I was ok with it, but then I started noticing that it makes all your imperfections stand out more. So I went back to sephora to look for something that wasn't pink -_-

Definitely not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I have very oily skin. I use foundations which provide good coverage because I have acne and hyperpigmenation. When I initially put this foundation on, it looked wonderful. But the reason it looked good was because it made my skin glow by adding more shine and oil to it. The moment that I tried to apply powder on top of it, the entire wondrous effect dissipated, and I could finally see that it does not cover as well as I had thought. The glow serves as an optical illusion. When my skin is shiny, then all of the imperfections become much less visible. But when you mattify it, then you can see all of the acne and discolorations. So if you have dry or normal skin and wear this foundation by itself, without powdering it, then maybe it will work well. But it just did not work for me at all. I couldn't even apply concealer on top of it because of how sticky the foundation is. And for the same reason I even had trouble applying powder. It's just very thick and sticky. I could not wait to get home and wash it off as soon as possible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MACdoll89

I have no idea why... This foundation got such good reviews .. The coverage is horrible supper streaky and super orange. I have tried better drugstore foundations I gave this foundation to my cousin who has flawless skin.. Which of course looks great on her. Don't get the hype of this....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was wandering through Sephora looking for a new foundation that I hadn't tried yet. This was one of the few I could find and I thought it might be good for my oily breakout prone skin. Not the case! This foundation comes in very few colors so it is hard to match and will never match perfectly. The packaging is nice looking, however it is always nicer to have a pump top. I tried this for a few days, but after just a couple of hours it was melting all over my face, making it one of the worst foundations I have tried for my oily skin! Also, as I was applying it, my skin would sometimes start burning. I also started getting some small bumps on my face and I couldn't tolerate the amount of oil melting off of my face! After 3 days or so I went back to my old foundation (MAC) and now I have finally found the perfect one for my skin (LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) Maybe this product will work for people with dry skin, but I wouldn't use it if your skin is oily, or if you cannot find a color match. Another mostly full bottle of foundation sitting under my sink!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

I love the coverage but it still made me oily in the middle of the day.. I was on my second bottle until i realized i wasn't loving it anymore.. I didnt last all day.. Still made me oily.. I had to keep blotting my face to keep me matte.. I love how it didnt give me large pores but i cant keep blotting my face all day..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sdreyer21

I bought this product because i was tired of orange skin and extremely heavy foundations. I walked into Sephora and told the sales associate that I had oily skin around my T-zone and didn't want something that was going to clog my pores or dry my face out. She recommended Tarte's Amazonian Clay. When you first apply the foundation, it looks way too light until maybe a half hour after application. Just like one of the other reviewers, my chin breaks out after wearing this product for a week straight. I never had problems with that before.. I love the coverage and the finish but I think for $40, this "all natural" product could be a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chriistiiiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product because i heard it was really good. i have oily skin within my t-zone and the lady at the store said it would be good. well that was a waste of money, i tried applying the foundation with many different brushes, no primer, then i used a primer i tried everything possible and the foundation dried out the parts of my skin that not oily and the parts that are it just started melting off and the foundation is so so so thick. i will not be buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is one of my favorites. What I did like about this foundation was the color choices. I am very pale, and I'm glad that Tarte included an ivory color, which is suitable for people with pale skin and pink undertones. The color matched my face perfectly and didn't make me look like I was wearing a mask.
I also have acne-prone skin, and I found that this foundation reduced my acne and also protected my face because of the SPF.
In addition, I also have combination skin, so it's tough for me to find skin products that I love. One thing I disliked about this foundation was that it emphasized my dry patches but went nicely on the more oily parts of my skin. I recommend this product for people with oily skin.
Overall, I enjoyed this foundation and I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by reesestar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite foundations. I have oily skin that is scarred from long-ago acne (with occasional break-outs still). I prefer to have a more made-up finished look to my skin. I like the coverage to this foundation because alone it has a matte powder finish. It also stays on longer than most foundations I've used! I have best results paired with either Lorac Porefection powder or Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose finishing powder. All 3 products are absolutely magical for me!