October 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

This is one of the only foundations that does not irritate my acne-prone skin. I have some of the worst hyper pigmentation I have ever seen on a person, and this foundation covers it wonderfully! It is thick and creamy, but still allows the skin to breathe. I like to do a layer all over my face and blend down to my neck, then go over my problem areas one or two more times and blend with a beauty blender. It stays for a good four to five hours, but I am thinking if I change my primer I could get it to stay much longer. I have repurchased it once already and plan on repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by britnitessaho

Just bought this in exchange for UD's naked foundation. I like it so far but it's not amazing. The swatch looked great in the store and so flawless but on my skin it doesn't give it the glow I want. However it is full coverage and will last all day for the most part. A little goes a long way and I find that the best application is by hand. It's so airy, whipped, light texture that it doesn't apply well even with the MAC fibre stippling brush. Many different shades I like that the boxes tell you which goes with what undertone. It's an overall good foundation but pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lots2bhappy4

I have sensitive /acne prone skin and this product works well for me. It offers a medium/full coverage . Very easy to apply. Doesn't settle in my pores and has a clean look throughout the day . Stays on well, but I haven't worn it in a humid environment yet. Very pleased with this winter foundation for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this was my last hope for Tarte products. I have now decided that the whole brand is shit...at least for someone like myself with acne prone and oily skin. I had coveted this product for quite some time and read reviews..and pretty much researched it as much as I could. It turned out to be an expensive skin disaster. I liked the color, the medium coverage, and the finish of it. It really did have a luxurious type finish to it. I could have lived with it, I would have loved it......if it weren't for the explosive cystic acne. Damn, that was terrible, it frustrates me just to think about it. I paid so much for this junk that treated my skin worse than a 3 dollar foundation would. That's a terrible thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

it definitely lasts all day and it has great coverage. it's the most expensive foundation in my collection but also the best one i own.i love that the formula is thin, but at the same time one coat gives a lot of coverage, so my face doesnt have that gross "im wearing thick gross foundation" feel all day. plus if you want to build up the coverage it's pretty easy to without caking up since the formula is so thin. it's easy to buff into my face; i have never tried it without using a powder over it so i can't say how long it would last without a powder on top. but, this product lasts from the time i put it on at 6 am until i wash my face around 9 pm. i know it's really expensive but just a little squirt goes a looong way so in the long run it's definitely worth spending forty bucks on

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good and decent foundation but it's that good to be my HG foundation. My HG foundation is ELDW. I like Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full - coverage foundation's coverage. I do not need to apply a lot to cover my discolouration and scars. However, it doesn't stay for 12 hours. I think it only lasted for around 6-8 hours? it alright for a normal day wear. It has a big range of shades so it'll be suitable for many ppl. The packaging is very convenient too. It's easy to take around since it is in a tube form. I bought the brush too. I love the brush. But, what this can do, my ELDW can too.. just tt I hate the packaging for ELDW. so this replaces it when I'm travelling! Definitely will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this foundation. Cruelty-free, vegan, and natural? Awesome! Lady at Ulta tested it on me in the store and it felt like I wasn't even wearing foundation. Unfortunately they don't give samples at Ulta so I just said what the heck and bought it. Some pros: the texture is awesome, really light and fluffy. Sort of like a mousse. Also, it feels like I'm not even wearing foundation. The cons: I have combination skin, oily in some parts, really dry in others. Plus acne scars and hyper pigmentation. Let's not forget about the dark eye circles... Well, this foundation claims to be full coverage, but I feel like I had to apply so much, and it covered almost nothing. You can still see everything, the foundation even seeped into my pores and clung to my dry patches for it's dear life. Thinking I applied it wrong, I tried multiple ways. Brushes, fingers, sponges, to no avail. Also, it made the skin around my eyes burn. If you already have fairly decent skin, I can see this foundation work well for you. But for me, I'll be returning this and heading to Sephora to find some other samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Darlingjay23

Good not great. I wanted to love this product, I really did, but being a woman who is on the go for 12+ hours, five days a week, I need a product that will at least surpass 4 hours! I will be returning and just stick to my usual foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I wear this in the colour Light-Medium Sand which is for yellow-toned skin and a perfect match for my NC25 in MAC/Giorgio Armani in 5/Bobbi Brown in Beige skin. I got a sample at Ulta and then got the full-size later.

I have combo skin and this gives a matte finish. I prefer a more luminous finish except at work where I don't have time for touch-ups, therefore it needs to last at least 8 hours without sliding all over the place while looking natural and skin-like. Even though it says this is full-coverage, I like light to medium coverage and sheer this out over moisturiser/mixed with a bit of moisturiser, and then apply a second layer on any areas that need more coverage. This is less dry, creamier and easier to blend than Kat Von D's Lock-It tattoo foundation and has slightly less coverage, which I prefer, although it can be built up. I put this on with a Sephora Airbrush Foundation Brush or Real Techniques face brush, apply blush, then set with a light dusting (t-zone only) of MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium which gives it a less flat look.

It lasts me through my shifts and I don't have to touch up, not even with powder which is an amazing feat in itself. I love that it doesn't dry out my skin either, doesn't emphasize any dry parts and meshes well with my own skin, it seems to almost "float" on top of skin without settling into pores or fine lines. It did not cake up nor streak/collect in the usual areas like around the nose, etc which almost always happens to me.

I would repurchase - being a fuller coverage product, this gives you a range of options in terms of wearability - can be sheered out with moisturisers, built up for full coverage or layered like a concealer under the eyes. And since I only use a small bit for the whole face the tube will likely last me forever. For a fuller coverage foundation this is also very easy to blend and looks very natural as long as it's used sparingly and where necessary. I don't layer this all over my face so I can't speak to how this would look or feel full-coverage all over. Great option for most skin types, unless you have very dry skin in which case this may be too matte for your skin. I always recommend getting a sample and if you're at Sephora or Ulta - both places can give you a decently sized pot so that you can try it out for yourself before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ecwearsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this foundation many many times. This is my every-day foundation because it does not break out my skin or clog my pores. I have incredibly sensitive, acne-prone skin. Anything I put on my face will break it out. This foundation is different. It sits on top of the skin instead of soaking into my pores and clogging them. Because it sits on the skin, it has an unusual consistency and will take some getting used to. I am still searching for the perfect foundation for special occasions, but for every-day use I will only use this product!