April 25, 2014 | 931 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this mascara a few times in a promotion and I think it is great for big, dense lashes. I don't like the packaging so much, but the big, fat brush pumps the lashes. I have not had any problems with flaking but it can clump a bit. I would purchase this again as a "night-out" mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cassiie0103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got the 4ml tester from a magazine subscription and decided to give it a try. It's a spiky brush type of mascara - It's easy to apply, works amazingly well. Quite dramatic lashes and all you need is 5 seconds to apply it. I would say though that there are times when it tends to smudge or clump my lashes (particularly the lower lashes) and it does take a little longer than normal to dry, usually I have to keep my eyes open and remember not to blink for about a good half a minute. However, it does last all day and doesn't seem to smudge. Checked the price of the normal sized mascaras they have in store and it's about 20 pounds which I personally think is a little too much for a mascara. Might consider buying it again when it's on a sale or perhaps around the 15 pounds range.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A Real Mess. Clumps upon application. Flakes everwhere even after using eye makeup remover. If there is some sort of special technique that I am supposed to be using, then I don't have the time for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by BellaMcVamp

It is truly well worth the price! It makes my short eyelashes look longer and fuller without clumping! I used the Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara and thought it was the best one yet but this mascara is literally the bomb. It doesn't clump AT ALL and it makes my eyes pop! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely infatuated with this mascara! It's the best mascara, ever! Or in my opinion, it is. Naturally (thanks dad and mom), my eyelashes are very long. Thanks to this mascara, though, it brings them out in a way that is just perfect. When I was working for Sephora, every women imaginable would ask about this mascara. It worked for everyone! No matter how long or short, how full or thick.

The pricing is a bit much, but I gave it a 5/5 because for the quality of it, it could be much more expensive (if Benefit really opted for it).

Packaging is lovely. I love the old-fashioned appeal it has (like any of their products). I also love the brush. I believe that is one of the greatest things about a mascara and that women should really pay attention to.

All-in-all, please keep this on the market, Benefit!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the small tube of the mascara to try. Although I like it, I don't love it. The good thing is it goes on nicely, no clumping. But there's a lot more cons. The plastic wand pokes my eyes sometimes, you absolutely cannot layer this or it'll look so clumpy. Now I know why it's called they're real. It just gives a light layer on top of your lashes to make them look fuller. But I like crazy big luscious lashes. Good mascara, just not my personal taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sS1221R

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cant believe anyone has problems with this mascara. i bought the sample 5 months ago and ago and still use it daily.( it did dry out after a few months but add some contact solution into the bottle and it's good as new). love the wand, i can get right up to my lashbase. makes my eyelashes look great. at first i hated to formula of this bc i couldnt take it off at night, but now i realize that I love it bc it really keeps it on ALL DAY. never smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Tara24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

this and Buxom mascara are my two top mascaras. I find they both create volume. First runner-ups are Christian Diorshow and BE's "Flawless Definition". Bare Escentuals make the best mascaras in my book...3 out of 4 of my top faves.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel bad giving something a 1 out of 5, but I just can't justify the price for what you get! I just don't like the wand or the product itself, as everyone else said it clumps a lot. I think this could be OKAY as a lower lash mascara worse case scenario as the brush is so small. I am not unexperienced with mascara either, I have tried tons! Very expensive, and can just get so much better. If people do like the brush style, they would be better off getting one of the Cover Girl Mascaras. Just not worth it -___-

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

To be honest, I didn't really like this mascara when I first used a sample of it. However, I decided to at least finish the sample and re-evaluate if I liked it or not. I'll say right off the bat that I definitely think this mascara isn't for everyone and it seems to have somewhat of a learning curve to it. The formula is very wet which I usually dislike, however I've found that with multiple thin, strategic coats and using the wand and the tip carefully... you can achieve some pretty stellar lookin' lashes. (Granted, I do have naturally very full and long eyelashes, so that does help.) I also like that this mascara does hold curl really well, which is one of my biggest annoyances with other mascaras. However this mascara can clump easily, and if you don't want to take the time to layer this on carefully (which I could certainly understand!), then I'd look elsewhere. I also think it's pricey ($23) compared to my former HG mascara which was Buxom Lash ($19). However, I keep buying it because I have finally mastered the application for this particular mascara formula (so application goes much faster now) and I think the payoff is worth it in the end.