November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LIKED this product. It seemd great: I loved the foam and smell, it cleaned water-proof make up very well.
After 2 weeks I noticed lots of breakouts (like cystic bumps). They appeared almost every day after I used this cleanser. Also my skin felt very dry and flaky. I stopped using it and no more breakouts.
Will return this product. Its sad as its really great in removing ALL make-up and I loved the bottle with pump.
UPDATE: After I stopped using this cleanser I noticed major difference. No more breakouts! I was reading more about soy and soy products and I believe it was soy that made me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for my dry skin--makes my skin feel rejuvenated, fresh and tingly! Also allows my skin to show improvement in texture over a course of usage in time. Works great in collaboration with either of their facial moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sonnenblumenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally the best way to cleanse your face/clear your acne/prevent acne. It's so foamy and soothing when you use it and it really does work. If you use it once after you get out of the shower or even while you're in the shower, you see a difference in your skin. It's just so refreshing...<3 Love, love, LOVE this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My long time favorite face cleanser. I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming wash for about 8-10 years on and off again in hoping of finding that HG wash in other brands. In truth, nothing beats this face wash: 1. oil-free 2. non-comedogenic 3. soap-free 4. hypoallergenic. I have an oily and sensitive skin so a lot of facial products breaks me out. Not this products, it is so gentle, and helps control my acne productions since it contains a small amount of salicylic acid. I usually have about 2 pimples every months which is a huge achievement for me since a lot of expensive and high end cleanser caused a major acne breakouts on me such as Philosophy Purity cleanser, and Shiseido Pureness Gentle Wash. Lastly, the price for this product is excellent for about $6.50 USD, I save more money and yes, I will buy this Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash again since it maintains my skin in a great complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by hira2010

i think this product is very good because it prevents acne,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination normal/oily skin and usually use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser, but when I went to buy more they were out - so I got this instead. BIG MISTAKE. This stuff dried out my skin horribly. Like, painfully dry. Flaking, burning when I put on moisturizer dry. I'm chucking it immediate and going back to my standard.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I used this in the Spring & Summer in order to keep breakouts at bay; I have sensitive acne-prone skin & got totally sucked in by the foaming aspect of this cleanser, the Salicylic Acid (SA) & soy extracts it contains. I was hopeful it would help prevent zits w/o drying out my skin. That all said, it's ok for a drugstore cleanser (retail $8) - I didn't notice my skin getting any better nor any worse. Actually, I just read in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that it contains only 0.5% SA: "Such a small amount of SA is only somewhat effective against breakouts, though even if it could have an effect, it would be rinsed down the drain before it had a chance to do anything." I guess this explains why I didn't see much of an improvement in my skin. I also don't feel that it removes makeup thoroughly enough. I don't plan to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenHydra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for about a year and i like it. its not a favorite.(dermalogica has my fave cleanser) its cheap and i bought it on a whim while i was traveling. it doesn't dry out my combo skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out so i keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by detrice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product!!!! it is very gentle and thoroughly cleanses my skin. after i use it my skin feels soft it does not dry out at all . . . i did get the product cheaper because i got it on base (andrews air force base that is)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this I didn't think much of it. But now I just splash my face with warm water and moisturize in the morning and during the day get a couple minutes of sun. At night I wash with the foam, moisturize, and apply persagel 10 to the spots that need it. I'm not crazy about the smell but it's bearable. I use 2 to 3 pumps just to work up a nice lather on my face and keep rubbing it in until it almost disappears and then wash it off. This way I feel like the foam and salicylic acid really has time to work and now I find that I break out less and the pimples go away faster. I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything better.