December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good cleanser. But it's truly difficult to rate and review cleansers 'cause everyone's skin is so so so different and what is wonderful to one person might make another person break out. So. But here's just my opinion.

It's good. It's pretty gentle and makes my skin feel smooooth. Sadly, around my time of the month I break out and this does nothing to stop that. Or maybe it does. Maybe it would be a lot worse if I didn't use it. But still. I have pretty normal skin for someone being 15, maybe even above average. I usually have like one or two small, unoticable and easily covered pimples, but once in a while BAM a breakout occurs. This is no help, as far as I know.

I use this when I wake up and go to bed. It cleans well. It is fun to use, actually, and when it's all over my face I feel like santa claus (:

Packaging is fine and dandy. Not much to say there.

Smells greaaaat! Though some people might not like the smell, it smells clean and fresh to me.

Just remember I have pretty good skin to begin with and only need a simple cleanser so this works best for me. Doesn't leave any film or anything, comes right off and is just simple and fun. Clenases and balances my skin's tone as well. Kinda pricey for drug store stuff, but oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LIKED this product. It seemd great: I loved the foam and smell, it cleaned water-proof make up very well.
After 2 weeks I noticed lots of breakouts (like cystic bumps). They appeared almost every day after I used this cleanser. Also my skin felt very dry and flaky. I stopped using it and no more breakouts.
Will return this product. Its sad as its really great in removing ALL make-up and I loved the bottle with pump.
UPDATE: After I stopped using this cleanser I noticed major difference. No more breakouts! I was reading more about soy and soy products and I believe it was soy that made me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for my dry skin--makes my skin feel rejuvenated, fresh and tingly! Also allows my skin to show improvement in texture over a course of usage in time. Works great in collaboration with either of their facial moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sonnenblumenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally the best way to cleanse your face/clear your acne/prevent acne. It's so foamy and soothing when you use it and it really does work. If you use it once after you get out of the shower or even while you're in the shower, you see a difference in your skin. It's just so refreshing...<3 Love, love, LOVE this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My long time favorite face cleanser. I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming wash for about 8-10 years on and off again in hoping of finding that HG wash in other brands. In truth, nothing beats this face wash: 1. oil-free 2. non-comedogenic 3. soap-free 4. hypoallergenic. I have an oily and sensitive skin so a lot of facial products breaks me out. Not this products, it is so gentle, and helps control my acne productions since it contains a small amount of salicylic acid. I usually have about 2 pimples every months which is a huge achievement for me since a lot of expensive and high end cleanser caused a major acne breakouts on me such as Philosophy Purity cleanser, and Shiseido Pureness Gentle Wash. Lastly, the price for this product is excellent for about $6.50 USD, I save more money and yes, I will buy this Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash again since it maintains my skin in a great complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by hira2010

i think this product is very good because it prevents acne,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination normal/oily skin and usually use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser, but when I went to buy more they were out - so I got this instead. BIG MISTAKE. This stuff dried out my skin horribly. Like, painfully dry. Flaking, burning when I put on moisturizer dry. I'm chucking it immediate and going back to my standard.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I used this in the Spring & Summer in order to keep breakouts at bay; I have sensitive acne-prone skin & got totally sucked in by the foaming aspect of this cleanser, the Salicylic Acid (SA) & soy extracts it contains. I was hopeful it would help prevent zits w/o drying out my skin. That all said, it's ok for a drugstore cleanser (retail $8) - I didn't notice my skin getting any better nor any worse. Actually, I just read in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that it contains only 0.5% SA: "Such a small amount of SA is only somewhat effective against breakouts, though even if it could have an effect, it would be rinsed down the drain before it had a chance to do anything." I guess this explains why I didn't see much of an improvement in my skin. I also don't feel that it removes makeup thoroughly enough. I don't plan to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenHydra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for about a year and i like it. its not a favorite.(dermalogica has my fave cleanser) its cheap and i bought it on a whim while i was traveling. it doesn't dry out my combo skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out so i keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by detrice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product!!!! it is very gentle and thoroughly cleanses my skin. after i use it my skin feels soft it does not dry out at all . . . i did get the product cheaper because i got it on base (andrews air force base that is)