October 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sonnenblumenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally the best way to cleanse your face/clear your acne/prevent acne. It's so foamy and soothing when you use it and it really does work. If you use it once after you get out of the shower or even while you're in the shower, you see a difference in your skin. It's just so refreshing...<3 Love, love, LOVE this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My long time favorite face cleanser. I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming wash for about 8-10 years on and off again in hoping of finding that HG wash in other brands. In truth, nothing beats this face wash: 1. oil-free 2. non-comedogenic 3. soap-free 4. hypoallergenic. I have an oily and sensitive skin so a lot of facial products breaks me out. Not this products, it is so gentle, and helps control my acne productions since it contains a small amount of salicylic acid. I usually have about 2 pimples every months which is a huge achievement for me since a lot of expensive and high end cleanser caused a major acne breakouts on me such as Philosophy Purity cleanser, and Shiseido Pureness Gentle Wash. Lastly, the price for this product is excellent for about $6.50 USD, I save more money and yes, I will buy this Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash again since it maintains my skin in a great complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by hira2010

i think this product is very good because it prevents acne,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination normal/oily skin and usually use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser, but when I went to buy more they were out - so I got this instead. BIG MISTAKE. This stuff dried out my skin horribly. Like, painfully dry. Flaking, burning when I put on moisturizer dry. I'm chucking it immediate and going back to my standard.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I used this in the Spring & Summer in order to keep breakouts at bay; I have sensitive acne-prone skin & got totally sucked in by the foaming aspect of this cleanser, the Salicylic Acid (SA) & soy extracts it contains. I was hopeful it would help prevent zits w/o drying out my skin. That all said, it's ok for a drugstore cleanser (retail $8) - I didn't notice my skin getting any better nor any worse. Actually, I just read in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that it contains only 0.5% SA: "Such a small amount of SA is only somewhat effective against breakouts, though even if it could have an effect, it would be rinsed down the drain before it had a chance to do anything." I guess this explains why I didn't see much of an improvement in my skin. I also don't feel that it removes makeup thoroughly enough. I don't plan to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenHydra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for about a year and i like it. its not a favorite.(dermalogica has my fave cleanser) its cheap and i bought it on a whim while i was traveling. it doesn't dry out my combo skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out so i keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by detrice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product!!!! it is very gentle and thoroughly cleanses my skin. after i use it my skin feels soft it does not dry out at all . . . i did get the product cheaper because i got it on base (andrews air force base that is)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this I didn't think much of it. But now I just splash my face with warm water and moisturize in the morning and during the day get a couple minutes of sun. At night I wash with the foam, moisturize, and apply persagel 10 to the spots that need it. I'm not crazy about the smell but it's bearable. I use 2 to 3 pumps just to work up a nice lather on my face and keep rubbing it in until it almost disappears and then wash it off. This way I feel like the foam and salicylic acid really has time to work and now I find that I break out less and the pimples go away faster. I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another product that I used for a while but never really loved. I don't think it was great for my face, but at the same time it didn't do anything bad either. I used this during my phase that I was convinced I had combination skin (it's not and never really was... ). I have mostly dry skin but will get the occasional pimple. I like the foam form this cleanser - but as far as makeup removal it wasn't great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ilovesunflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really acne-prone skin,I could never get past one week without getting 2 or 3 new acne coming out. If one heals a lot more comes out. It's so frustrating and annoying. Having said that, I am looking for a good cleanser that really cleans dirt off your face and helps prevent breakouts. I always see Aveeno products everywhere but too afraid to try it coz it might fail me. Then, I figured I'd do a research first so that somehow I know how this product works for different people. I've found good reviews about it. Some even said that it evens out skin tone but I don't believe it but I decided to finally give it a try. I got it for about $10 at superstore. I immediately tried it and it has a good foamy consistency. I liked it a lot even the packaging and 1pump is enough for the whole face.I love that it has SA in it wihch really works.! The smell is so nature-yy. You might not believe it but it actually did lighten up the acne scars on my face! It did not dried my skin out and the best thing about it is that it really prevents breakouts! I've been using it for about 2 months now and I never got severe,gigantic acne again. I get maybe 1 tiny stupid pimple but that's because of my hormone and it's that "special time" of the month. ^_~ This is actually an HG product for me. <3