November 23, 2014 | 953 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! Five star product!

Wet n Wild knocks is out of the park with this trio. The purple/taupey shade is an EXACT match for MAC “Hypnotizing” which is a color that came out with one of their million collections and is not permanent. . I swatched these two side by side and they are identical.

These colors are soft, creamy, easy to blend and very pretty. This looks pretty on my green-eyed, fair skinned self. Grab yourself some of this Wet n Wild prettiness but toss the crappola applicators and use your own brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Overall, this trio is a total winner! Such a variety of looks that you can create from this, and the price is too die for!! eyelid color - this is the HG right here! The taupe color is soo unique, gorgeous and it will look good on every skin color I think this shadow would look fantastic on many skin tones since this one is considered their neutral palette
The texture is perfect, not too shimmery,and easily bendable. The crease color can be used for smokey eye or line your eyes with an eyeliner brush. There is so many looks that can be achieved with this product. I really like this and it's a great deal for that taupey shade alone
The crease colour, while dark, is also really beautiful and, applied with a light hand, very wearable for daytime/work/classic type looks. It also works super well smudged into the lash line, like a liner. The brow colour is a bit more pink that I would ever wear on my browbone but it also is wonderful as a lid colour

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by msmandal

love the colors and value! i wear it almost everyday now. for a smoky eye, i use the dark crease shade, you don't need very much and will need to blend it quite well. other times i use the dark shade as a liner for work and it looks great that way also. the taupe is more on the purplish/silver side than brown. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by idg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My cheap self is always ecstatic to find palettes like this. As an NC42-44 GGG, I have to be careful with eyeshadows in cooler tones, as they can often come off too ashy; in fact, cooler, darker tones can make me look as though I've been punched in the face. Though I rarely use the peachy highlight colour, both the purple-taupe and the dark brown shades are quite pigmented and work well when applied correctly (properly blended and without a heavy hand). The brown can be used as an eyeliner or can be quickly smoked out; the taupe is definitely a noticeable, "unnatural" colour on my skintone, but still looks quite pretty. (By "unnatural", I simply mean it isn't an everyday skintone-type shade for my colouring - a definite contrast is apparent.) I find that the magic happens when I layer the brown lightly over the taupe, as it give me the most perfect purple-grey shade that is sultry enough for night wear and yet can still be worn during the day. In fact, this combo has now become an easy go-to eye look for me. This alone makes it worth the purchase, as instead of trying to find a beautiful purple-grey shadow for four times the price, I can get the two separate shades (and the combination!) for less than five dollars. Highly recommended to my fellow NC40s-ish makeup addicts, though it's such a beautiful combination of colours that most anyone could find a way to make them work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by softballchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this palette. very pretty colors & they're very pigmented. however, the middle color is very dark if you have a heavy hand. great for the money. i like it because i can just grab it & go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Just like all the other WNW eyeshadows, I will start off by saying, APPLY IN SMALL AMOUNTS. I have found it almost impossible to blend out if you add too much and it will just look uneven. I really like these colors, especially the lid color. It's a really nice almost purplish taupe color w/ a nice sheen to it. Really pretty. The Crease color is a dark brown w/ gold sparkles. Browbone is a light peach color. I think, especially for the price, it's definitely worth trying. Worst comes to worst, you can always swap it on here!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lol my last review was actually for another wnw palette but i love this one too, its silky the color payoff is great and its a great price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow!!! I have tried many taupe shades of eyeshadow in the past, but this taupe beats them all!! It is a perfect shade for my brown eyes. I love it more than Nutty from WNW. Silver/purple/brownish color to me. No sparkles, just a nice shimmer, and very smooth to apply.
Lately, here's how I've been using it:
ELF $1.00 primer on 1st
Layer of ELF Dawn cream shadow
Layer of the taupe shade from this trio
WNW Brulee as the highlight
Line top lids with the brown "crease" color from this trio.
It looks really nice and last all day, at least 10 hours.
I don't use the pink "highlight" shade from this trio, only because I don't like any pink on my eyes. Gonna hoard this trio whenever I see it, because I'm afraid it will be discontinued at some point :(
Highly recommed this trio!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am going out to buy several backups of this pallette....only because they don't sell the taupe color separately! I have really been looking for a more grey/neutral taupe with shimmer and had no luck. Maybe it is my skin color/type, but the UD Mushroom that looks so amazing on my SIL looks icky/dirty on me, same for the MAC Smoke and Diamonds and Shroom color.......this is the one!!! Finally! I can't really say much about the other colors, because I haven't used them yet. The brush that comes with this is a little sad, but for the price, it doesn't matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nushagol

one of my favorites .love it , love it ,love it. beautiful color all the 3. great quality and fantastic price. long lasting too.