April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It did not moisturize my skin at all and made me break out. I tried it several times ie I gave it many chances but it simply failed me big time. It did not help my acne prone tretinoin treated skin at all. I added to my moisturizer and I did not notice any better as regard to flaky control. I tried it on my cuticles and it did nothing to it. (Burts bee has good one) I added to my shampoo and it gave me scalp acne if I remember right. Mine is non organic one though. Two thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've read a few times Jojoba Oil kills the bacteria that causes acne, I'm having a tough time with my acne right now, Jojoba oil on my face at night seems to do my skin wonders. The acne died down, the scars became fewer and overall my skin feels pretty good. I might start using this with rosehip oil because that alone evens out my skin tone and acne scars and leaves it baby soft. Anyway this is a god send right now : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this with grapeseed oil for facial cleansing (4 to 1 ratio of grapeseed to jojoba). I mix both oils together, massage into a dry face, add one or two drops of regular cleanser, work in, and then rinse. I've also tried it in my hair and added to lotion, neither of which were met with much success. It works out great for making salt and sugar scrubs, but again sparingly and in combination with other oils. For me, the strong nutty smell was a turnoff, but I don't use to much of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll always come back to jojoba oil - this was the first moisturizer I ever used on my face, and it's amazing. I have sensitive, easily irritated, acne-prone skin, and this has never broken me out. It's a great eye makeup-remover and an amazing moisturizer that leaves me with smooth, dewy skin. HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by j_leigh69

I've been using Jojoba oil for years - I'll review this brand however it's probably worth noting that different brands have worked equally well for me. I use it as a makeup remover and I find it to be very gentle and effective. I also sometimes use it as a moisturizer at night; it's soothing and doesn't clog the pores. It hasn't done anything miraculous for me, but I like it. The only downside is that you need to really make sure to remove any excess before applying eye makeup, otherwise you will get a lot of smudging, so make sure to wash your face afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer!!!
I honestly love this! I purchased this about 4 months back and finished through the whole bottle in about 2 months (I bought the smaller bottle). I used to use this with my Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer but I finished that and bought this again and started using it alone. I really love this on my skin, it makes me feel super moisturized and it makes my skin feel happy because it's 100% natural.
It doesn't look oily on your skin (if you don't apply too much) I use 3-4 drops for my whole face in the morning and 7 drops in the evening (yes, it makes my face LOOK like a greaseball but it doesn't FEEL like it) because I don't care what I look like when I sleep.
It doesn't really do much to control my oily skin but then again, I've only restarted using this about a week ago, alone.
Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off I have very dry sensitive skin and currently have acne. I used this product for about 2 weeks before I stopped. I found that the first few days of use I really liked it for my skin. I felt no irritation when using the product which is a plus and I found it did a good job of moisturizing without breaking me out. The price of the product is also very affordable and I like how it is a natural product. I stopped using this because although it did moisturize for the first week, I noticed my skin was even drier a week later. I feel that since I already have dry skin, using this oil tricks my skin in thinking it is producing enough oil and stops making it (and since my skin is dry it produces very little natural oils). I researched that jojoba oil is very similar to your natural oil and which is why it probably made my skin drier. So, this did not work for me, but I feel it would be great for oily skin. I also hated the packaging of this product. I wished it came with a dropper, instead of a spout.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First, let me say that I am a "dry" person. I don't have acne, oily hair, or an abundance of skin sebum. I understand that jojoba can have some benefits for people who struggle with "oily" issues, but this info will be sort of foreign to me and the way I've used jojoba oil.

I originally bought jojoba oil for my dry hair. I figured that a less-greasy oil might be the panacea for my very dry hair with especially dry ends if I used it as a leave-in serum, When I started my jojoba oil, it seemed like it would be my holy grail. My hair drank it up, but did not look greasy at all. However, after a few weeks of use, I got what I will call "The Pantene Effect." Pantene hair products are notorious for putting a coating onto certain types of hair, making a natural moisture exchange impossible, thereby drying out the hair over time. That's what it seemed like the jojoba oil was doing to me.

But I had this whole bottle! Granted the bottle was not big, but as with all oils, a little goes a long way, so I didn't want to pitch 9 months of oil, so I started using it on my skin.

I quite like it as a daytime moisturizer-booster. I just add 2 drops to a more "luxuriant" lotion that contains some silicones (silicones create a moisture lock on skin and also give a really smooth feel/appearance). At first, I didn't think the jojoba oil was doing all that much. But as time wore on, I began to notice subtle benefits. The addition of jojoba oil to my daytime moisturizer that I apply in the morning seems to allow my skin to hold the moisture in longer, giving me a dewy appearance that lasts all day. I used to feel tight and dry by 3 or 4 in the afternoon and would have to reapply some moisturizer. When I add the jojoba oil to my regimen, I don't have to do this. My skin (including my constantly-washed hands) now appear really smooth all the time...never dry, parched, and wrinkly.

I have also read that jojoba oil has some very slight sunscreen abilities. If you live in a sunny corner of the world, jojoba oil alone will NOT replace a good sunscreen protection. Jojoba oil alone may not even be ideal sunscreen for the dark and cloudy climate where I live, but because it IS so dim here, I sometimes forget to apply added sunscreen. If the jojoba oil helps at all, I figure something is better than nothing.

If you are looking for jojoba oil to help even out an oily complexion or regulate hair sebum flow, you'll have to consult another reviewer. But, if you have dry skin that can benefit from a little "turbo booster" in your moisturizer, I give it my endorsement. It's also very affordable. I found mine at Whole Foods.

The verdict?
For Dry Hair--Not the greatest
For Dry Skin--You should give it a try to boost your moisturizer
For Oily Skin/Hair--???

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading all of the glowing reviews I had to try this. I ordered from iHerb, got the $5 off deal and received it on the East Coast in two or three days!

Forget pricey face creams. At age 49 I've found my HG. All of my foundations contain SPF, so I'm no longer buying day and night moisturizers. My face feels SO soft and looks dewy. Remember to use it on damp skin; that's the only way it will really work.

I'm going to look into getting a huge bottle because I think the next year or two is going to be chaotic with prices and shipping. I'm not running out of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jwannano

I mix 2 drops of jojoba oil to my pea-size Cetaphil moisturizer.. it works wonderfully for any seasons!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No