September 1, 2014 | 2012 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by theblondlife17

I really do love this foundation. It covers well and lasts practically lasts all day. I feel like for less than ten dollars you can't go wrong, am I right? I do like to use a primer and Elfs "Set and spray" with it - But even alone it lasts a very long time. And for someone with oily skin, that's great. Love!

Pros:
    -Covers Well
    -Stays On For A Long Time
    -Variety Of Shades
    -Great Price

Cons:
    -A Bit Thick In Consistency

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by fake0v0babi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lets start with what kind of skin I have. First of all, i'm EXTREMELY prone to breakouts, clogged pores, and I don't think I've had a day that I was blemish free since I was 9. My face is some-what combination/oily, but its more of dehydrated, and oily at the same time. Hyper-pigmentation from acne scarring therefore the need of medium/full coverage foundations.

I have to say this was one of the best drug store products I have ever used. Lets start with the Pros

Pros:
    - Does not transfer, whenever I do get a bit oily I can just blot with a piece of tissue or some starbucks napkins when I can, and there would not be any foundation on the tissue, my make up does not budge at all

- It stays on for HOURS. I wore this to my prom , from 12pm to 6am, I only needed minor touch ups with my MAC concealer and a bit of pressed powder, but everything still looked in place when I got home at 6am.

- Doesn't cause/worsen any breakouts. I know most people say that it makes them break out, I had this problem during the first month of using this foundation as well. I did some research and turns out that the foundation itself doesnt cause any clogging, but since the staying power of it is so great, it needs a really good make up remover. I only used a simple neutrogena gel face wash to remove my make up (bb creams, concealer), but with the Colourstay Foundation, I have to use an oil based make up remover. I suggest Ponds cold cream (affordable) or Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (high-end), or try OCM and mix your own blend of oils.

- Cheap!! I live in Canada so they're usually around $19, but if you wait for sales at London Drugs, they might sell it for around $13/$14, or I stock up when I visit the states.

Now on to the Cons:

- Oxidizes like crazy and makes me look orange. This is the only reason I stopped using this everyday. When I apply it on, the colour matched me perfectly (I'm an NC20/NC25, and have yellow undertones, and I use the shade Sand Beige and sometimes mix in a little Buff), but after a couple hours I realized my face is looking darker and more like an oompa loompa. Now I've upgraded to using Estee Lauder's Double Wear, they have a better selection but I would still say that Colourstay has a better staying power.

- The bottle is really annoying when you get to the bottom. It gets a little thick and its hard to pour the last bit of foundation out because it just sticks to the side.

- Won't give you a no-makeup-make up look. For me, its good because it means it has high coverage, but it definitely makes you look like you are wearing foundation.

This is my first review and I hope it was helpful! :)
    If you want a flawless coverage look, try applying it with the Sigma flat top kabuki brush.

TL;DR Great product, good coverage, long staying power, does not cause breakouts but hard to remove. Turns orange throughout the day hence 4 lippies

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I gave in and bought this product quite a while ago so I've given it a lot of time to try out. Firstly I have dry/sensitive skin with very yellow undertones. I got this in Golden Beige which seems to suit everyone whose NC25 from what I've read online but this is FAR too pink for me. So pink that I can't wear it at all! :(
    The texture is very fluid, I didn't realise it was so runny that I accidentally poured a lot out (just something to be aware of for anyone else thinking of trying it) Would've been avoided if there was a pump (there now is! but I have the old one)
    It dries extremely fast, another thing I really disliked and personally I feel like I'm wearing so much on my face when I wear this
    It does set nicely but overall I just really disliked this foundation and found it very very disappointing

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by dottixo

I finally gave in to the hype and bought this foundation after months of pondering. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed. I got it on sale, so the price was pretty good for the amount of product that you get. The actual foundation is really watery and runny. It felt nice on my face but it made my face look too...makeup-y? I know that sounds stupid , but it didn't look natural at all. I blended and blended, which made it look a little better, but I was still unsatisfied. I did keep it on for the rest of the day, and the staying power is decent. I expected to stay on longer but it started to wear off after about 6 hours, which is typical for every foundation I use. Overall, it's an ok foundation. Nothing spectacular.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation .
    If your used to light weight foundation this is going to feel heavy on your face . If you have an oily face this is perfect for you !
    Its a pain to get the foundation out of the bottle .
    I like the coverage because its matte . I do recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS MAKE-UP IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE! You have officially been warned. I heard soooo many things about this make-up and everyone was always saying good things about it I decided I should try it. Well, I used it for about 3 weeks and then I noticed I was getting big boils and cystic acne. I am prone to this but I have never broken out this bad before. I am still now dealing with all the scars it gave me from the cystic acne. This make-up covers absolutely PERFECT and the shade was PERFECT. I was the happiest girl alive until I saw how bad it broke me out. If you have acne, don't even bother trying it but if you never get acne, this might be the foundation for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by adele1811

A very good foundation that stays on forever...good coverage and makes skin looks perfect...my fav drugstore foundation of all time....just didn't like the bottle....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ashleykwong

This covers my acne and scars really well. It's harder to blend it compared to my other foundations but when it's done right, it looks absolutely gorgeous. Makes my skin look flawless. And it stays on the whole day. Make sure you use a proper make up remover with this. I tried a really horrible oil cleanser and it didn't take it all of and I didn't realize. Broke out in small bumps the next day. But this is definitely my hg if i want to look extra nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CaraScene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm nc20 in mac & use 150 buff in the combo/oily formula...

i like this a lot (more than mac sff). i don't need much coverage, especially in the day. and i'm kinda heavy handed, so i have to put in a bit more effort to sheer this out. i'd say that this has more of a satin finish, not matte. but maybe it's just me. the fact that this doesn't have a pump doesn't really bother me. although a pump would be a bonus. my skin is truly combo, cuz i'm really oily in my tzone, dry on my chin & the sides of my face and normal everywhere else. here's a tip if you have skin similar to mine & want a glowy finish: i apply this to my tzone 1st, then mix what's left on my hand or palette w-mac strobe liquid or a liquid highlighter (like pink rebel, benefit highbeam/moonbeam) for the rest of my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

Although I like this product, I find that I use this not very often and it tends to get quite oily even when I use the combo/oily skin formula. I use it in the color BUFF and I find that when I first apply it, the color is perfect and the finish is great but then it oxidizes and becomes darker over time (3+ hours) which makes me look like a lumpa-lumpa. I don't know about this foundation though....perhaps I should try IVORY and maybe when it oxidizes it will become a little more acceptable? I don't know....The coverage on this foundation is alright though. I don't find that it's full coverage like most people say it is but more like medium coverage. To get a full coverage I think you would have to pile this on quite a lot which will look quite cakey/oily over time. I also have tried apply this foudation using the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki, Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and the EFL Studio Powder Brush, (All buffing brushes as you can see cause I like a clean, buffed in look cause it appears more natural, faster, and provides better coverage.)