July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this foundation. It works very well with my dry skin. I buy "Alabastor". The shade matches my skin tone flawlessly. The price is a little steep for such a small bottle, it was around $14 at my local Wal-Mart. The packaging is irritating. I use a foundation brush and even the slightest squeeze often sends too much product onto the brush as I use it extremely sparingly. I like this product better than a tinted moisturiser because it covers much better. I have acne prone skin and this product visibly reduces any redness or bumps. It blends flawlessly and makes my skin look perfect. In a week of daily usage, I have not noticed any additional pimples. Therefore I will venture to say that this product does not cause me to break out. I will repurchase.

UPDATE: 19/09/12:
    Discontinued usage in favour of a BB cream. Upon further usage I found that this makeup does cause me many tiny whiteheads. I still love this product very much and actually wish I could continue to use it. However I have very acne-prone skin and any sort of break-out caused by a makeup product is not acceptable. I still have my first tube, which I bought almost a year ago - a little goes a long way. Very sad to say that I don't use it all that often any more. I save it for very special occasions such as photos or parties. I WILL repurchase, however, because I really do love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by karinaSm07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, well I got some samples of this foundation 320/340 (maple/aspen). Well its what so many people say it is...Its a very silky on your face and it feels like you dont have anything on your face. It lightly covers your blemishes and scars so if you're looking for something with more a heavy coverage. In additon, right around noon my T-zone tends to get greasy more than it actually was after using this foundation even if used my powder. If you have an oily face than step away from this is product, I suggest to look for another brand.
    *update*
    I'm breaking out face right on my upper lip and chin :( The different thing that I have used differently in my make up routine is the natureluxe liquid foundation .. So I'm blaming this foundation for my break outs!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by PRINCESSASHTONBRO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess this foundation is okay for my skin type. It makes my skin look more oily than usual, (I have combination skin) mainly on my forehead and on my dry skin, it looks fine. For coverage, this is an "okay" product, but concealer would do a better job. It smells weird, and my first application, it burned my face a bit. But I continued using it and the product eventually stopped. I don't wear any foundation anymore, I'm trying to clear up my acne, but if I had to choose out of the four foundations I have in my bathroom, it would be this kind! :P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely would not buy this again. This is more like a tinted moisturizer that leaves your face very oily. The jojoba and cucumber are a nice touch, but that's it. Plus its expensive for a drugstore foundation. I would use this one the days my skin is extremely dry and that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a little skeptically because I don't usually like Cover Girl products; they tend to be very underwhelming to me and Cover Girl used to test on animals. But I'm on a budget and I was looking for something to use as a tinted moisturizer or to mix with my own moisturizer to use as such. Personally I think they should market this "foundation" as a "tinted moisturizer" because the coverage is sheer, maybe medium if you layer.

I'm a 305 ("Alabaster") and the color is quite nice. I think it's yellow and not pink based, which is better for me because I have neutral-leaning warm undertones. I love the texture of the product- I can apply it with my fingers sans problem- and its slightly illuminating qualities. I use it over a face sunscreen because I'm really anal about sun protection, and it doesn't pill up or react weirdly like some other foundations. My skin is a little dry, so maybe that's why I don't find I have any issues with oil... but I don't think you would, unless you use too much product.

Overall I'm really pleased and would repurchase again! We'll see how things go in the warmer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually like this foundation. It definitely feels lightweight and it doesn't make my skin oily. It was really easy to find my shade and it blends really easily. When I put it on it covers blemishes but it doesn't cover my scars so it has light coverage but it's definitely buildable. Also, it's perfect for school because you don't look like your face is caked with foundation so I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rebekarose

I'm suprised by the bad reviews on this product. i find this is more like a tinted moisturizer but a foundation coverage. NatureLuxe does have moderate coverage, and does even out my skin tone. I would recommend this for beginners in make-up. It does a good job at covering up acne scars, and is very good overall. The tube is small but you only need a pea size amount, and the tube does have a hole when you open it, so you can control how much you want. I will definetly repurchase NatureLuxe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont wear foundation at all I have little problems with my face and I was always told if you start to wear stuff clumped on your face it will depend on it so thats why I never got into face things. Although I have alot of face products and try them all on the spare of the moment to see if I like how they work I never found anything that I though was good. Untill I found this I love the way it give me a glow and not a dead matte look on my face. I love the smell and I like the fact that its not a full coverage makeup. I Love this foundation. If you are not a huge face makeup lover and want to try something try this you will love it!!! My color is Hazelnut

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was actually very good. It really did feel like it was very light. It basically felt like I wasn't wearing foundation. I wouldn't say it's a "foundation" though... it really is more like a tinted moisturizer, because the coverage is light to medium at best. The finish is amazingly smooth and natural, I love it. The only complain I have is that it's a bit gross to apply with your hands because it's extremely sticky. And even when you put in on your face with a sponge, it feels really sticky before it completely dries. I really like it though, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ninipanini34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a very good foundation. I'm wearing it right now and it feels like nothing is on my skin. The coverage is about light to medium. I believe that the coverage is build able but I've never tried to put more foundation on. At first, I applied this with my fingers and it looked great. But now I apply this with my e.l.f powder brush and it basically looks the same! I wouldn't buy this foundation if your looking for full coverage. Or if you have very oily skin. Cause I have really oily skin and to my surprise my face doesn't really get that oily. I think that this was a bit too pricey for how much product comes in it. I got this at wal-mart for 10 dollars. For only 1 ounce!! So overall, this is a pretty great product. I reccomend.