July 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lukeyb

I really love that this sets my make up for only $3! It makes my powders(foundation, bronzer, blush, finishing powder) last all day. I don't think it smells bad at all, in fact I like it! The only issue I have is sometimes it leaks when I shake it(I don't know if you're supposed to shake it before use but I do).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i hate this product, i was so disappointed with it.
-it smells terrible
-when you go to apply it the spray allows for tons of product to come out
-very hard to control
-actually messes up my make up instead of setting it
-when i do apply it correctly (rare occurrence) i dont notice any difference in the staying power of my makeup
maybe i'll just invest in some mac fix fluid plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product costs me 3.75 which is $6.04. You Americans are super lucky.

I normally use this product not as a setting spray, but as a solution to wet my eyeshadow brush prior to application (I normally use water for this purpose, but I find this handy on my drawer rather than going back and forth to the kitchen). I spray some amount once to the cap and dip 3 of my eyeshadow brushes all at once to pick up the mist.

However, I tried it on my face twice before big parties (and today for christmas feast), and I regret to tell that it makes my makeup bleed out. Especially my eyeshadows and even waterproof eyeliners and mascara, so in the end I tried to conceal the blackness under the eye with concealer, but rather smearing the black liquid that has dried off all over my face. I ended up removing and redoing all my makeup thats been set under the eyes.

I wouldn't repurchase. Once I ran out of this solution, I'll put water and glycerin into the spray bottle :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this after seeing the great reviews on here. Once I tried it, the smell was disgusting. I intern in a hospital and can handle all the odd smells there, but this made my physically gag. I immediately threw it out.
For the day that it was on my face since the smell fades, it didn't help my makeup stay any longer than with no spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really cannot rave about E.L.F's products enough. I really like this setting spray. I already use long lasting foundation and a primer , so I'm really not sure if this helps the longevity of my make up but I adore the fact that it takes away that powdery overdone look I get after I'm done applying my powder, bronzer, highlight, etc. I don't really understand this revolting smell tons of people are complaining about, it smells like nothing to me .... kind of a fresh smell. It completely makes my skin look natural and I always give the bottle a shake before I use it just so that the ingredients mix together. I mean, I do believe this helps my make up last a bit longer because yesterday I went without doing it and I did get a lot oilier faster. I got this at Target for like, 3$, this is better then Fix + or the Evian Spray and is much cheaper. I also love that I can use this for my pigments/eyeshadows.My only complaint is that sometimes it doesn't spray evenly and it can leave wet droplets on your face that dry and you can tell where the liquid landed. I don't really know how much longer this makes your make up last and I'm assuming it's honestly not much longer but it does take away that powdery look and what more can we ask for. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally discovered this from a friend, who sprayed it on my face after I finished the whole sha-bang (foundation, concealer, highlight, contour and blush). Really worked to keep my makeup in place during a full night out. Plus $3 is definitely worth it for how AAAmazing this spray works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JennyX0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF WORKS! GAH, I love it. I got it to try to compare it to UD or Mac and it definitely compares! Especially since it's a FRACTION of the cost, I'd say it even works better. I can definitely tell the difference if I forget to spray it on compared to when I do spray it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mcclouas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this spray to set my makeup after application and this stuff works!! I like the ingredients: aloe,green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A,C, & E, and the smell isn't atrocious. I have used other setting sprays before this one, mac fix+ and urban decays up all nighter spray and this one works just as well but for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is the bottle and sprayer; the mist is very heavy, but I just put the ELF product into the up all nighter spray bottle and voila! For $3, I have already repurchased this several times and will continue, great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product for making the face look and feel fresh. It has healthy ingredients for the skin in it and I love that ELF does that with a ton of their products. I do smell this slight scent but it's honestly not incredibly noticeable so if you buy this, please don't worry about the smell. It'll go away within like 2 seconds. Also, I think this is great for if you wake up really early in the morning. The mist helps you wake up a little bit. I usually spray this once before and after just because I think that kinda helps the makeup a little more. Overall, another winner from ELF and I think it's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the hopes that it would serve as a good dupe for some of the more expensive brands of makeup setting mists and I'm very happy with the product. It feels good on my skin. It serves as a great pre-moisturizer spray.

I don't like to set my makeup with sprays, so I can't comment as to it's effectiveness in this regard. In terms of serving as a good moisturzing mist for the skin - I like it and will use it in the place of my MAC Fix +, as it's more affordable.

You can purchase this product for less than $3.00, when E.L.F runs sales on its studio line. You are purchasing a small bottle, so, I like to have two on hand. A little goes a long way.

I think the only disadvantage to this product is the fact that the bottle is smallish. In terms of value, I think I'd wind up paying less for several bottles than I would for one MAC FIX + product. It's nice to be able to put this in your purse if you need to, as it's sizeable for travel.

Overall, great product.