September 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupnmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only con with this item, it tends to smell a little odd when first bought!
It does make my makeup set and last for a long time! It gives it a dewy finish too

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by echoi1991

Glad I bought two! When I first got it, I found that it set my makeup really well and was super cheap! I didn't use it for a while but came back to it when I started using a foundation that gave me flakey patches..it saved it! It really helps to make your makeup look more natural. Sometimes if my boyfriend has dry skin I spray him with it too haha. I love that elf tries to include healthy benefits in most of their products while being inexpensive.
It does spray a lot though and takes a whole to dry, with a bit of a smell. If you don't push hard enough it just water spouts onto your face.
I would def recommend this for a cheap alternative for setting sprays, for people having trouble with cakey makeup, or as a refresher!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i used to use this until i realized that filling it with just water and spritzing it over my face did the excat same thing...and water is free so i didnt need to repurchase this at all :) lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super impressed with this product! I used to use Aquafina mist to set my makeup but it's long discontinued. Then I switched to MAC Fix +. I don't care for the smell of it. I ran across this at Target and it was a STEAL at $3!! Works as well as Fix +. I don't notice an unpleasant scent and I'm VERY sensitive to smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rastacutie

I have about 10 of these bad boys. I love this product. I have tried the Mac fix+ but it didnt work for me. This makeup mist and set did the job. It held my makeup up all day, it gives this slight dewy finish and keeps you from looking too powedery. The reviews I have read said that it has a bad smell which is a LIE! but I must say that when you purchase or open a new bottle that the nozzle does have a unpleasant smell but all you do is give about 3 or 4 pumps and the smell is gone. Its wonderful, you can't beat it for $3 but I got mine for $1.50 :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lukeyb

I really love that this sets my make up for only $3! It makes my powders(foundation, bronzer, blush, finishing powder) last all day. I don't think it smells bad at all, in fact I like it! The only issue I have is sometimes it leaks when I shake it(I don't know if you're supposed to shake it before use but I do).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i hate this product, i was so disappointed with it.
-it smells terrible
-when you go to apply it the spray allows for tons of product to come out
-very hard to control
-actually messes up my make up instead of setting it
-when i do apply it correctly (rare occurrence) i dont notice any difference in the staying power of my makeup
maybe i'll just invest in some mac fix fluid plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product costs me 3.75 which is $6.04. You Americans are super lucky.

I normally use this product not as a setting spray, but as a solution to wet my eyeshadow brush prior to application (I normally use water for this purpose, but I find this handy on my drawer rather than going back and forth to the kitchen). I spray some amount once to the cap and dip 3 of my eyeshadow brushes all at once to pick up the mist.

However, I tried it on my face twice before big parties (and today for christmas feast), and I regret to tell that it makes my makeup bleed out. Especially my eyeshadows and even waterproof eyeliners and mascara, so in the end I tried to conceal the blackness under the eye with concealer, but rather smearing the black liquid that has dried off all over my face. I ended up removing and redoing all my makeup thats been set under the eyes.

I wouldn't repurchase. Once I ran out of this solution, I'll put water and glycerin into the spray bottle :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this after seeing the great reviews on here. Once I tried it, the smell was disgusting. I intern in a hospital and can handle all the odd smells there, but this made my physically gag. I immediately threw it out.
For the day that it was on my face since the smell fades, it didn't help my makeup stay any longer than with no spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really cannot rave about E.L.F's products enough. I really like this setting spray. I already use long lasting foundation and a primer , so I'm really not sure if this helps the longevity of my make up but I adore the fact that it takes away that powdery overdone look I get after I'm done applying my powder, bronzer, highlight, etc. I don't really understand this revolting smell tons of people are complaining about, it smells like nothing to me .... kind of a fresh smell. It completely makes my skin look natural and I always give the bottle a shake before I use it just so that the ingredients mix together. I mean, I do believe this helps my make up last a bit longer because yesterday I went without doing it and I did get a lot oilier faster. I got this at Target for like, 3$, this is better then Fix + or the Evian Spray and is much cheaper. I also love that I can use this for my pigments/eyeshadows.My only complaint is that sometimes it doesn't spray evenly and it can leave wet droplets on your face that dry and you can tell where the liquid landed. I don't really know how much longer this makes your make up last and I'm assuming it's honestly not much longer but it does take away that powdery look and what more can we ask for. :)