July 22, 2014 | 2520 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really cannot rave about E.L.F's products enough. I really like this setting spray. I already use long lasting foundation and a primer , so I'm really not sure if this helps the longevity of my make up but I adore the fact that it takes away that powdery overdone look I get after I'm done applying my powder, bronzer, highlight, etc. I don't really understand this revolting smell tons of people are complaining about, it smells like nothing to me .... kind of a fresh smell. It completely makes my skin look natural and I always give the bottle a shake before I use it just so that the ingredients mix together. I mean, I do believe this helps my make up last a bit longer because yesterday I went without doing it and I did get a lot oilier faster. I got this at Target for like, 3$, this is better then Fix + or the Evian Spray and is much cheaper. I also love that I can use this for my pigments/eyeshadows.My only complaint is that sometimes it doesn't spray evenly and it can leave wet droplets on your face that dry and you can tell where the liquid landed. I don't really know how much longer this makes your make up last and I'm assuming it's honestly not much longer but it does take away that powdery look and what more can we ask for. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally discovered this from a friend, who sprayed it on my face after I finished the whole sha-bang (foundation, concealer, highlight, contour and blush). Really worked to keep my makeup in place during a full night out. Plus $3 is definitely worth it for how AAAmazing this spray works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JennyX0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF WORKS! GAH, I love it. I got it to try to compare it to UD or Mac and it definitely compares! Especially since it's a FRACTION of the cost, I'd say it even works better. I can definitely tell the difference if I forget to spray it on compared to when I do spray it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mcclouas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this spray to set my makeup after application and this stuff works!! I like the ingredients: aloe,green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A,C, & E, and the smell isn't atrocious. I have used other setting sprays before this one, mac fix+ and urban decays up all nighter spray and this one works just as well but for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is the bottle and sprayer; the mist is very heavy, but I just put the ELF product into the up all nighter spray bottle and voila! For $3, I have already repurchased this several times and will continue, great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product for making the face look and feel fresh. It has healthy ingredients for the skin in it and I love that ELF does that with a ton of their products. I do smell this slight scent but it's honestly not incredibly noticeable so if you buy this, please don't worry about the smell. It'll go away within like 2 seconds. Also, I think this is great for if you wake up really early in the morning. The mist helps you wake up a little bit. I usually spray this once before and after just because I think that kinda helps the makeup a little more. Overall, another winner from ELF and I think it's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the hopes that it would serve as a good dupe for some of the more expensive brands of makeup setting mists and I'm very happy with the product. It feels good on my skin. It serves as a great pre-moisturizer spray.

I don't like to set my makeup with sprays, so I can't comment as to it's effectiveness in this regard. In terms of serving as a good moisturzing mist for the skin - I like it and will use it in the place of my MAC Fix +, as it's more affordable.

You can purchase this product for less than $3.00, when E.L.F runs sales on its studio line. You are purchasing a small bottle, so, I like to have two on hand. A little goes a long way.

I think the only disadvantage to this product is the fact that the bottle is smallish. In terms of value, I think I'd wind up paying less for several bottles than I would for one MAC FIX + product. It's nice to be able to put this in your purse if you need to, as it's sizeable for travel.

Overall, great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Leaves your face glowing and dewy, but can get a bit sticky feeling. Lasts a long time and is a nice finishing touch to your makeup routine. It has a faint smell that is pretty nasty, but it clears up in a second.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nicolerh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after reading the reviews, wary that there may be a fishy smell. As soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker, but I'm not sure about making it last longer, I don't really pay close attention to that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this helps with controlling oil as I use a powder for that, but boy, on those days when I go overboard on foundation, this is a life saver! 3 squirts cover my face (left,center,right) and my makeup looks much naturally. I wouldn't buy this again though as the fragrance REALLY bothers me (I sneeze almost every time) and it's just not something I need.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Suzzieraquel

I'm not sure if this product works or not... I see no difference after spraying it onto my face really but I still continue to use it, just so I don't waste what I paid for. Which wasn't too much money anyway.