E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/12/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is inexpensive and great!
I use this to spray all over my face after I put on all my make up. (I use Mac prolongwear concealer and the neutrogena mineral sheers powder foundation). Sometimes after I finish my make up, my skin can look flaky or powdery. I have EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. Like, you could fry an egg with all the oil that my skin produces...its disgusting. Usually my blotting sheets turn completely clear and I have to use 2 :/ (if any one has any thoughts on how to control oil please let me knowwwww). That being said, the flakes are there because I use an acne treatment at night and it leaves certain spots flaky...yet, my skin still produces a ton of oil. Confusing, and annoying.

I used to use the Urban Decay Makeup setting spray De-Slick. I found that this E.L.F spray works just the same for me. The E.L.F spray is $3!!! compared to the Urban Decay one for about $30. Both sprays didn't control my oil that much, but its better on than off. They both help my make up last longer. The WONDERFUL thing I love about the E.L.F spray is that when my face is super flaky (after I put the powder on), the spray leaves my face looking smooth and not flaky. I don't know how it does it, but it leaves my skin looking great.
Through out the day my skin does get oily again, but I do really like using the spray to help a little bit.
The only con that I have is that I wish the bottle was larger. I use this everyday so I go through a bottle pretty quickly. Looking to get backups cause they are so cheap. Overall, didn't break me out, and is super cheap if you're just looking to test it out :D

All in all, not great. I believe this was given to me as a gift with some other elf products, so I can't complain about wasting my money, but it did almost nothing for me. It doesn't deliver a super fine mist, so it feels like you're drenching your face, it smells bad, it's pretty much just water, it made my makeup look darker, even when dry....the only pro was that it made my face look a little less powdery. Nothing amazing at all. I think this is just kind of a "you get what you paid for" product. It may work for some, but I don't see any real payoff from using this product.

I can't even tell you how much I love this product. I'd been seeing it at Target and ended up just getting it. For the price, even if it sucked, it's only three dollars right? I was SO shocked to see how much I loved this one. It feels so refreshing and makes your makeup last very long. Sometimes I use it right after I've used my foundation and powder, other times after I've done all of my makeup. Fan-freakin-tastic makeup lovers...This is a must buy!

Pros:
-Great Price (3 Dollars)
-Refreshing
-Keeps Makeup In Place

Cons:
*Crickets*

on 8/1/2013 11:19:00 AM

This stuff works nicely. For the price you can't expect too much. It leaves my skin looking nice and dewy for a longer amount of time than if I don't use it. You obviously can't spray it too close to your face or too much or you will get water drop-lets. I would defiantly suggest this for a low end misting spray!

on 7/30/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I sprayed this directly onto my face after applying my make up, it left my face feeling really wet an left behind scary looking water droplets which did not at all sink into my skin and instead made my makeup look worse.

on 7/28/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is terrible! I bought it because I have an oily t-zone hoping this product would take of that. Does nothing! It makes your make-up runny instead of setting it and burns your eyes like crazy and it smells so bad! I do not recommend this product!!

on 7/8/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thought I'd give this a try since my tzone gets quite oily. It unfortunately did nothing for me. Made my sensitive skin break out the next day. Blah!

on 7/7/2013 8:54:00 PM

I wouldn't go out and purchase this product because in reality it doesn't really do anything besides give your face a little refresher. I've tried this over the last few months for school and I think that it actually made my makeup look worse. It didn't help with any powderiness if that's even a word but still it didn't anything but refresh. I am an avid ELF user but this is a womp product in my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried so many makeup setting sprays. I love the Urban Decay All Nighter, plus the Skindinavia "Dance". I tend to save those for a long evening. But...during the day, this is the one I will always use. First of all, the spray bottle sucks big time. I transferred it to an old Skindinavia bottle, because the original bottle sprays like a water hose....nice big, fat, wet drops. Yipeee!!! I use 2 sprays to set my foundation and the rest of my makeup, and I am good to go. I do use primer and setting powder, and this spray keeps everything very natural looking. I live in the south, so a makeup setting spray is kind of a necessity. It works well in the heat, and keeps my makeup from sliding off my face. If they would just fix the bottle!!!

on 7/7/2013 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

AMAZING! I use this with my favorite foundation currently, the covergirl outlast, and it works fantastically! it def extends the lifetime of my makeup. My blush and bronzer def stays on longer, no fading! Even a foundation - the maybelline dream liquid foundation, that has a tenancy of slipping off my face and becoming super greasy, becomes a long lasing foundation. With that foundation i have to spray my face first, then spray my brush and apply my foundation with it, and then once I'm done with powder, blush, bronzer, and highlighter i spray my face again and my makeup is not going ANYWHERE! and its so cheap makes it even better!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools