April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in B30, im thinking I shoulda got B40 or higher(I think they go as high as B50?) Its a beatiul foundation a sumwhat sheer-med coverage.feels silky on you're fingers.goes on nicely.good slip.feels like you dont hae anything on..I never thought estee lauder DW&DW light felt heavy& dry tell I put this baby on..unfortunately I wish it had just a bit more coverage that last a little longer.im not oily or sweaty but it did fade after 5 hours but it faded nicely just needed to add a bit more on my cheek area where I need coverage the most& I dont like using concealer. Finish is a nice & natural with mabey a hint of glow or powder..it hard to decide as it looks both at difrent times.feels very moisturizing but this isnt oily glowy at all for my sumwhat normal/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by laurakaaay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation while I was randomly out and about with my family. I had heard the hype about it, and I knew I had to try it. I have previously owned MAC foundations exclusively, and this was a LOVELY change. I will never go back to the bulk standard/boring/lacklustre MAC foundations. I'm NC45 (in summer) in MAC & B50 fits me perfectly all year round! I have normal skin, I have quite even and blemish free skin, with only a small amount of discolouration under my eyes; THIS FOUNDATION IS GORGEOUS FOR ME. If you like the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation or even Borjouis Healthy Mix, but need a bit more satin finish, instead of the dewiness, this is for you! The finish is just like my own skin, but evened out, brightened/glowy. It smells awesome, I can't feel it when it's on my skin, it smells awesome, and it stays all day! The fact that it is water based, makes it so moisturising, which is a plus during winter, and it lets my skin breathe! People with oily skin shouldn't avoid this foundation just because it leaves a glowing finish to the skin, I would recommend just a dusting of matte powder where you need it, and you'll be fab! Apply the foundation with fingers when you're in a rush, but a beauty blender is the best way to apply the foundation!
All I use in conjunction with this foundation when I'm on a night out, is the chanel bronzing base, stila bronzer, mac blusher/highlighter & my HG eye products. NO PRIMER!
I'm quite sure that this is my holy grail foundation; even with the AU$77 price tag (ouch!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

This is my HG! The coverage is good, not full, more like medium, but enough to even out skin tone. I use this on its own but I love to mix it with other foundations that are a bit too matte. It's had the perfect finish. It is pricey but worth every penny, you don't need much so it last a long time. After a couple years still have not found anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Blurredvision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Chanel lives up to it's name. I expect nothing less than perfection with the price tag and this foundation certainly delivered.

It's very liquidy, so I forego a brush and apply with my fingers. It is very light - so if you need more coverage this probably isn't the foundation for you. I love that it isn't completely matte; seeing as I am very dry skinned I look for foundations that don't cling to my dry patches and this one passes my test.

The shade I have, 10 Beige, is the lightest shade they make. It matches my skin perfectly (I'm wearing it in my profile picture). I believe this shade is the more yellow shade (If I remember correctly they carry a BR line that compliments more pinky toned people).

All in all, it has become my new favorite foundation and I am glad I shelled out the money for this foundation. I have had it for a few months now and I am no where near finishing it so it will last a decent period of time as well. Worth the money. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

I am a foundation junkie and I have a different kind of foundation depending on my mood. I feel like I have tried them all and Chanel definitely is my holy grail of foundations. They have just about every kind of texture for every skin type and liking. Vitalumiere aqua has just the perfect texture. It is light and satiny, not too luminous but not too matte. It is the "my skin but better" kind of foundation. It is a light to medium build able foundation but is definitely not full coverage. This foundation is perfect, unless you like that cakeface look, then you would hate how this foundation looks like you are not wearing any makeup. I say grab a sample and try it out for yourself and if you have the extra cash, purchase one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is INCREDIBLE. I should start out by saying that I am a NC15/20 in Mac and I wear B10. I'm pretty fair skinned with a yellow undertone. I have pretty normal/combination oily skin and I struggled with acne for a few years. Now I have pretty clear skin with a few breakouts hear and there. Anyways, I look for a pretty light coverage foundation because I HATE the feeling of heavy foundation. This foundation does just that-light/medium coverage that feels absolutely weightless! It gives the most beautiful finish to your skin, making it look like you're not wearing anything, but just have naturally flawless skin. What this foundation WON'T do is give full coverage, so if that's what you're looking for you probably won't like this foundation.
Other important facts:
-No comedogenic ingredients (won't break you out)
-Spf 15
-1 fluid oz.
-$45 in U.S.
-Plastic bottle with a pour spout applicator
-Light floral scent

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

For reference, I am NC20 with dry skin. I bought B20, which is supposed to be a perfect match for NC20.

I did a lot of research before buying this foundation. Most people compare this to a tinted moisturizer, others say this has a lot of buildable coverage. I agree with both - it really depends on how much you slap on. I do like the finish because it's barely noticeable - it does look like skin.

That said, it oxidizes on me! And I'm dry skinned! This hardly ever ever happens to me so I was really surprised (and ticked off, given the hefty price tag). I tried it on in the store on one half of my face with nothing underneath or over top of the foundation, walked around the mall for an hour, then went back, liked how it wore and picked it up. The next day, however, I applied it in the evening and in a few hours, it had oxidized a bit to a NC25 color - it made me look red - like I'd just come in from a run in the sun. The next time, I decided to use a primer underneath, to rectify the situation. I used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Then I layered the foundation on top. This time, it turned further brown to NC30 and left my face looking markedly different from the rest of me. I did not give up, however, and decided to use my hubby's moisturizer - Vaseline anti-spot moisturizer with SPF15. This time, success. No oxidation. So for all of you experiencing a shift in color, please play around with the moisturizer/primer you use till you find something that works.

Another reason I wouldn't repurchase - it dries my skin out. I thought this would be kind to drier skins but apparently not. I had a bit of a dry skin/tight skin day last week and this foundation not only highlighted dry patches and flaky bits, it created new ones! I had worn this alone, with no moisturizer underneath, so I've learned my lesson. It's behaving better now that I've got the right moisturizer on underneath but it was a hassle and a half getting here.

The good news - it is the easiest foundation to slap on and go. My whole routine has been reduced to under 5 minutes and not only that - it lasts really well, even in the heat. I've recently moved to India and this foundation lasts well in the high heat and humidity we face here daily. It gives me a bit of a glow and definitely makes me look polished.

Final verdict - I'm on the fence about this one. Might try the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat after this and go from there.

Update: I got this in the B10 and love it. If it oxidizes, I'm still fine as it's not too noticeable. I also purchased le Blanc de Chanel to use as a primer and mix with my B20 which serves to lighten it and to make it more wearable. I now adore this foundation as the primer gives me enough moisture underneath to avoid any peeling/dry patch situations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So this was my first ever high end makeup product and i got to say I'm a bit impressed. It left my skin with a lovely sheen and it feels really light on the face. It has fair staying power for as light of a foundation as it is. I used it at work today and about halfway through my shift I noticed a bit of shine. which to me is fair judging by the fact I'm a waitress and my job is pretty active, and I live in Florida so the humidity and heat are crazy and that doesn't help, also I didn't use a primer because I wanted to see how well it held up on its own. I'm sure if you just powder it a bit it would look fine but I have no power to test this theory. Its is a teeny tiny bit orange for my super pale skin but you cant even tell in synthetic light and in natural light its barely noticeable. It is alot paler then most drug store foundations where its a whole shade or 2 too dark. It is pretty sheer to medium coverage, so if you have acne or super pink cheeks or scaring this might not be for you or you'll need concealer. it is little more then drugstore bb creme coverage that's a good way to put it. it has a bit of a sent, not a bad one and it does fade, i cant smell it after maybe an hour. I like the bottle as well it has a dropper kind of spout, so you wont waste product trying to dump the right amount. the bottle is opaque which might be annoying later when I'm about to run out and i cant tell. ( sorry for the long review just trying to toss all the details in)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Doesn't last !!! Not worth the price !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I ran out of my Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation and decided to try something new. During the summer I wear Sand in BB and B10 in Chanel was a good match but just a tad lighter than BB. This foundation does oxidize a bit, so B10 is a good choice for my light but warm skin. The coverage is light to medium, but it's quite buildable for the bad skin days. It doesn't leave any stains on white shirts. The best thing I love is that it fills the fine lines evenly, better than the Bobbi's Skin! It really evens out the skintone and covers the pink areas.It lasts for 8-10 hours if lightly touched with powder in the T-zone. Yes, it's really THAT lasting, and thus it doesn't come off with just warm water and cleansing foam. I use drugstore micellar solution and then wash my face with cleansing foam to take it off. I haven't noticed any new imperfections since I've started using it, and I always have ones when I use any siliconey foundation - thank you Chanel for that! And the catches... you really have to shake it hard for half a minute, and eh, the price((