August 1, 2014 | 1007 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hobbygolightly

I love the way this product makes my skin look and feel. Smooth and clear without any oil. I don't love that it contains alcohol, but it doesn't dry my skin out so I should get over it. Unhygienic packaging, but if you use it with clean hands, as I do, you shouldn't have a problem. I just use it under my eyes and on my cheeks during the day and all over my face at night. It doesn't break me out either. My skin looks better than it has in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry skin so I thought i'd try this out. This is the first product i've ever used from the Garnier Moisture Rescue line. I really LOVE the feeling it gives when you first put it on. It feels cold, (almost like its been refrigerated) and has kind of a cucumber / light apple scent. It is SO refreshing. It says it has apple water in it. The moisturizer dries down very quickly on my skin, leaving it not greasy or sticky like when you put on a regular lotion, but hydrated and normal. I also have noticed a bit of shine control with this. I really love this product and may buy it again, however I am not sure if its going to be thick/heavy duty enough for the winter months when my skin gets flaky. And the cold apple/cucumber feel is more suited towards summer :) But overall great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be the worst "moisturizer" I have ever used. I don't even understand how this product made it to the shelves. It should be called a "dehydrator" because it made my skin a dry flakey mess. It does contain alcohol, like the 1st or 2nd ingredient, and boy oh boy do you feel it. I am truly puzzled by all the great reviews for this. Please don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Goodness, I don't know where all these great reviews are coming from. This product was terrible. ): My skin did not absorb it at all and it just sat on top of my skin and did nothing but dried it out, it seemed. The bottle was totally cute and it smelled great, but it did not do anything for me. Overall, I'm not a big Garnier fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this for a while and I have to admit I really like it. First of all, i LOVE the smell. It smells like apples or grapes and its really refreshing. I'm a fan of gel moisturizers and this one is one of the nicest in my opinion. It absorbs fast into my skin, doesn't leave me feeling oily and doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin. Feels very soft and smooth. Doesn't really make acne any better or worse. It has never broken me out but it doesn't really help acne either but it's not made as an acne moisturizer so I expected that. As for the packaging I wish it had come in a pump bottle or even a squeeze tube. I don't like having to put my fingers in the jar and dig out what I want. It's hard to go the right amount that way and it's kind of messy. Hard to travel with because I'm pretty sure it's a glass jar and would definitely break if dropped. Also the ingredients aren't that great for your skin. Apparently it has alcohol in it which isn't very comforting. I would be even more of a fan if it had better or more natural ingredients. I always have to think twice about buying it because of that. However, it's never hurt my skin yet but maybe over time it will. Not sure. I will continue to use this until I find something better. Overall it is a nice product, just gonna keep an eye out for other things. Wouldnt call this a holy grail.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a super expensive cream for the quantity and the quality. After all, it is just a decoction of chemicals.
One thing I noticed is this cream will create a 'moisture-craving'. I tested this by applying the cream in humid weather, while my face was already hydrated. Sure enough, it added some moisture to the skin.
After some hours, my face dried out quite a lot than before applying the cream the first time, requiring the cream to be reapplied. In short, the cream has some chemical that results in a vicious 'normal-hydrated-super dry -hydrated-even more dry' cycle.
Using aloe gel and rose water works just fine and it does not make my skin drier than it started with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Claudy21

I was looking for an actual moistureizer that didn't leave my skin super oily. I mostly use this at night before going to bed. My face has never looked better. My eye area is always super dry and this has def helped it. Everytime I see it on sale I make super to stock up. A lil goes a long way :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to like this coz its refreshing and doesnt clog my pores or cause acne. the ingridients is bad for your skin , coz it has alcohol denature in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lullabella

I looove this, it is so refreshing and light and perfect for my oily skin :D I can't even explain how soothing this feels on a hot day. also, my make up goes on so nice and smooth over top and because it's a watery oil free gel, my make up stays matte for way longer! I just used up my 3rd jar of it.
buut after reading one of the reviews below, I realized that this moisturizer is the reason that my sunscreens don't go on smoothly anymore. I was wondering why the sudden change in my sunscreens haha but it's not a problem for me, I only use this when I know I will be indoors all day. If I need spf I use the aveeno moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

I really like this moisturizer! I have combo skin (normal-dry cheek with an oily t-zone) and it manages to keep both types of skin feeling plump and moisturized. A little bit of this goes a long way. It has a light pleasent scent and goes on really smoothly. I have only used this as a nighttime moisturizer and therefore have not tried this under my makeup (I use Garnier's moisture rescue with spf15 in the morning under my makeup). It is really light on the skin, but keeps it moisturized and plump throught the night and even until I woke up. Upon application there is a slight cooling sensation.
The only con I can think of is the packaging. It's not that hygenic as you have to dip your fingers in, but I can see the problem if the added a pump- it would exert too much product. It is also in a glass jar, it could chip and break which would just really suck. Would totally buy again for $6 as you do not need that much product for the face.