October 24, 2014 | 1793 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by iSayOhSoChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually loved this product! I prefer lipgloss over lipstick so this was probably what you would get if you combined the two, lol yeah not really. But anyway I loved the color "Passion". I line my lips with it, then fill them in lightly. Doing this made my lips look as if I'd been making out with someone for an hour LOL! That's how vibrantly plumped they looked especially with a little slick of the balm. I loved the felt-tip kind of feel of the lipstain as it felt precise when applied. I didn't really like how random the balm was placed at the other end though (as I accidently smooshed it with the cap while trying to put it back on, so fricken annoying!) as I would have prefered it be retractable, like a lipstick. Overall, I recommend this product for those who are experiementing with a lipstick kind of look, but without the full on and heavy appearance. It's perfect teamed with a little bit of mascara and blush. Oh and for those who are annoyed how quickly it dries out after using it, do not fret! Just place the cap back on and stand it upside down for a few hours as the color comes filtering through once again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was thinking of getting a lipstain and considered this one. I decided to drop by a Revlon counter to try the shades, I tried on twilight. It was ok, the stain did not really cover my lips evenly, somehow it also creeped in the lines of my lips. During the first hour it looked decent but after I ate some chips, it faded making the uneveness more obvious. I washed it off after about 2 hours coz my lips were starting to get dry. After another 2 hours my lower lip started getting itchy and felt really dry and awkward. When I couldnt bear with the burning feel of my lips, i slathered it with honey for 30 minutes which calmed it down and made what seems to be rashes about to surface in my lower lip go.

I'm not sure Im ever going to try a lipstain ever after this experience. I wouldnt really reccomend this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kind of liked the original Just Bitten (roller-ball), but I can't like this. I bought this in frenzy.

I find the stain wears off within an hour or two. It dries so quickly and the felt tip applicator is so fine that it is quite an art to avoid a streaky finish. I snapped off the lip balm when replacing the lid (there was so much sticking up with no support that this is probably inevitable) and what is left is below the plastic in the packaging and would require a brush to get to. The stain clings to any imperfections in lips, including dry patches. The colour isn't buildable. And I don't like the tingly feeling it gives when I apply the stain (i'm assuming from solvent evaporating?). When I apply it properly to just exfoliated and moisturised overnight lips it looks lovely, for an hour. I'm afraid that I am just not a fan.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff SUCKS! It is supposed to stain your lips??? Naaa it doesn't at all...don't waste your money.

This stuff comes off in a matter of a couple hours - there is no staining nor longevity with this product.

Keep your money in your wallet ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in every color they had. It was $3 off at my Walgreen so they were about $6 each. I love them. My favorite is Passion. I haven't had an issue with peeling lips or with the balm breaking, although I do agree that it's ridiculous that the balm doesn't retract, especially being the pen is so dang long. A swivel top wouldn't have been too much to ask. I love the colors and I don't have an issue with splotchiness. I line my lips, then fill in and it works just fine. I keep my lips in pretty good condition though and maybe that's why. I get compliments on my lips when I wear these and so I really like them. I hated the Covergirl one as it was dried out it seemed the first time I used it. I agree that storing these upside down is a good trick to keep the product in the tip and not dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by JEiZOMBiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Revlon - Just Bitten, colour: "Gothic" and I love it. I described it as the "revolution" in lipstain. "Say good bye to lipstick, because lipstain is THE revolution!" I just love it.

Long lasting with a powerful punch of kissable colour.

The only issue I have is that I just got it this week and it already seems like it's running out, but I've only used it under five times so far.

Should I sit it upside down so the liquid sinks to the tip? Or shake it before I use it?

I listed packaging quality as 2 for now giving tips on how to keep the item working to its full potential.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, not the best product out there. It seems to leave my lips looking cracked, but with the balm it gets a little bit better. Great color also! just wish it had some scent to it. Also my balm broke the first day, not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by meghan_van

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

So this product actually lasts too long for me. I will put it on in the afternoon and the next morning when i wake up its still on my lips! I got mine in passion which is a pretty color and its good if i am in a hurry the next morning after wearing it the day before but i will probably not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by heartshapedb0x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*sigh* My first ever review is a flame. I bought the "Forbidden" Revlon Just Bitten lip stain + balm and it was horrendous. Okay not that horrible but it did not last long! The colour was okay; kind of a pinkish nude colour with a slight hint of brown and was perfect in enhancing my natural lips but seriously, the colour end was too dry. It's like a magic marker. I apply it a few times, then it's all dried up so I let it sit for a while. I cannot have a lip stain that takes up my time. I want it to be a quick easy process but this doesn't cut it. Also, it doesn't stain and the balm part is ok I mean it doesn't smell or taste like anything but I accidentally put it in my bag and the cap comes off and the balm part is smeared in my bag. Great...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by corviddreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this lip stain in four colors and I love every one. I have Crave, Beloved, Frenzy and Passion. I have a terrible time finding lip products that last for any length of time on me. I have tried several drugstore level lip stains and this is the best by far. My only complaint is the packaging on the lip balm. Because isn't isn't a twist up, the balm only lasts a couple of uses before it collapses. Instead of the balm, I use a glittery lip gloss and it looks great.

ETA: I added Victorian and Midnight to my collection and like those just as much.