April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by siol8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high expecations about this primer. Seemingly everyone here on makeupalley, beautybloggers and gurus on YT LOVE this primer, and I can't for the life of me understand why.
This stuff creases on me withing a couple of hours! It's allmost like this makes my eyeshadows crease faster than without a primer! I have tried every single way of applying it, I tried applying a little, a lot, applying eyeshadow while it's still wet, and when it has dried down completely. Nothing works. I can't understand why people swear to this stuff, on me it just makes things worse. Will most certainly not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Useless. The only saving grace was that I got this in part of a gift set and didn't have to pay for it. I tried many many times to get this to work. I put on a lot, I put on a little, I waited for it to dry completely, I applied shadowed while it was still wet but no matter what, my eyeshadow creased within an hour. The only positive thing I can say about this product was that I liked it's texture. UDPP remains undefeated in my book.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first eye primer so I can't give the best review. But since I got this my eyeshadow has blended better, the colors look more vibrant & they seems to last longer. I'm a convert

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by bookwithoutwords

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always have a problem with my shadows clumping up in one big line on my lids. I've tried several different products to stop this, but was always disappointed. This stuff blew my socks off!! I use just a tiny bit of this and not only does it keep my shadow on all day, but NO CREASING at all. It's amazing how good this works. Your shadow won't come off until you take it off. LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the greasiest lids on earth. For this reason, I never bothered wearing eyeshadow because the Exxon Valdez incident on my eye lids would pretty much slick away the shadow and deposit it into nasty creases. My lids are so greasy, I can't even wear regular eyeliner. It has to be waterproof, or something else that requries an act of congress to remove. Otherwise, my eyeliner will transfer from my lash line to my brow bone. Lovely.

I have searched high and low for eye lid primers to address this problem, and have tried all the ones that got rave reviews: Urban Decay (contained grease by about 70%, not nearly enough, and still creases), bareMinerals Prime-Time (pretty decent, but dry and hard to spread/blend, I hate the twist out applicator, can't ever control output volume), Two Faced Shadow Insurance (worthless), MAC Paint Pots (hard to blend, still creases, yet hard to remove).

This Nars is the first product I've ever used that has 100% solved my greasy lids problem. It goes on smooth, blends easily, is completely invisible, and makes my eye shadow and even sooty-kohl eyeliners stay on without ever budging. What a concept! A product that does exactly what it claims! It's practically changed my life. I now have a massive eyeshadow collection, because I can actually wear them for the first time in my life. I won't even go near any other lid primer. This stuff is that good.

As for the negatives, I find it pretty gosh darn pricey for a tiny amount. I don't mind the price itself, given that it works and is worth many times more. What I mind most is that the container has very little product in it, and it runs out quickly. I'm not crazy about the sponge wand applicator, but it does the job fine. But the tube never seams full, even brand new. I always have to dig the wand around inside to scoop out the primer. Even though it will last me a couple of months, I'm doing this scooping thing from day one. I feel like the tube is always running low, even straight out of the box.

These are minor complaints given how good the product is. I'll keep buying it forever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ihazcats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My eyeshadow issues: I do not have oily lids but I work in a creative enviroment where I have up to 12 hour workdays where I am running around and sweating so I need something that can stay put for a LONG time as well as be budgeproof through the sweat. A good primer should also lend to the vibrancy of a shadow.

Amazing. Started out with the cult favorite UDPP and moved onto TFSI, Chanel, ect. This is the HG of all eyeshadow primers. You actually save money using this primer because I do not have to pack of eyeshadow anymore to get the same vibrancy that a sheer layer of this primer lets me have. I work frequent ten to twelve hour days where I am meeting clients so I need to look good but not have to worry about retouching my shadow. With this product, I don't need to! Amazing.. can't even improve. Will purchase as long as they continue to make this formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It goes on smoothly and really does make my shadow last forever, even drugstore shadows. I don't think it's better than UDPP or TFSI, but it's even with them. i don't really like the sponge tip applicator and prefer a tube so that I can squeeze every last bit of product out, so for that reason I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

She's the badiest of them all. No smuging, no creasing, no fading. This is the only eye primer I use and my eyeshadow stays in place and last all day no matter how hot or humid it is. I wish it was in a tube or jar like container, this wand thing is a mess, other than that this a very good product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this is the only eyeshadow primer that works for me. I have the oiliest lids ever, so even with this primer my lids crease some, BUT, when paired with MAC painterly paint pot on top, my eyeshadows crease less. It works much better than UDPP and TFSI for me, but it is disappointing because my eyeshadows still crease some. Overall I like the consistency and it doesn't irritate my eyes, unlike UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my go to eye primer. i have oily lids and i have tried bare minerals, too faced and urban decay and out of all these, this is the winner. i love how it spreads, the way it feels and how my eye shadow stays creaseless all day all night! i use eye primer on days i dont have eye makeup on and it keeps my crease nice and matte. only complaint is the bulky packaging. does the wand have to be so long and big? i wish it came in a little tube or make the wand/applicator handle shorter because it takes up so much space in my makeup bag when i travel with it.