Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

Can't say I'm a fan of this product. Since the label on the jar called it "America's #1 Eye Makeup Remover" I kinda expected more out of this.
I had to use one pad per eye, and even then it still didn't take off all of my makeup. I normally use Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover liquid, and that stuff is so concentrated that I only need to use one cotton ball for both eyes with that product.
So, to go from being able to get away with using one cotton ball to remove all of my eye makeup to needing multiple pads seems less economical to me. I will go through this product a lot faster than the liquid, not to mention make more waste. And that is a pretty big negative in my mind, especially in this day and age when everyone is trying to go green and reduce waste.
That aside, the pads still didn't seem to get rid of all of my eye makeup. I felt like I had to almost scrub my eyes with the pad just to get it all off. Sorry, but I don't want to use any product on my eyes that requires the same amount of force that I use when I'm scrubbing my bathtub.
On the plus side, it didn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes, nor did it dry out the delicate skin around my eye area. However, since I like an eye makeup remover that is a little more effective, I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's nice to have the pads and the remover all in one, I couldn't find plain pads for regular eye-makeup remover in the store I was looking in so I got this. It works wonderfully for eyeshadow, and can get it all of in usually one swipe, but I had to rub a lot to get my eyeliner off (both for liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner), and it stung a little and just took too much effort. It makes me not even want to wear eyeliner to save myself the trouble of getting it off! I'll use the rest, but I'll get a different kind in the future.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This has become my go-to eye makeup remover. From reading the reviews, it doesn't seem like this product works for everyone (then again, what product actually DOES work for everyone haha), but it works fantastically for me. With the normal amount of eye makeup that I wear on a daily basis, I can get my mascara (waterproof!), eyeliner, and eyeshadow off with one pad per eye.

I've been using these pads for about 6 months now, and I've never once had them burn or sting my eyes...no irritation whatsoever, even when I use them to remove makeup directly from my waterline. If you're looking for a new eye makeup remover, I'd suggest you give these a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

These just did not work for me. They made my eyes all red and it stung horribly. I've been trying them out for a while thinking that my eyes would become accustomed to the formula but that didn't happen. It didn't even do that good of a job at removing my eye-makeup anyways. I didn't like the fact that you had to reach into the tub to pull-out a pad wither. It would be better if they had a dispenser of sorts like face wipes or something. I will not repurchase this product.

This is my only eye make up remover. Very reasonable and get the job done.

These are my everyday makeup remover pads. Love them, they get everything off! They don't burn my eyes, or leave an oily residue like others I've tried, yuck. looooove:)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

For some reason these pads just didn't agree with my eyes. I'd use them and my eyes would water and sting. It did take the makeup off, but it's just not worth the discomfort.

PROS: Not oily. Works great for me. Doesn't hurt my eyes. Leaves a slight moisture (watery consistency) for just a moment on my eyes, but dries on its own if left. No film at all left on my eye.

CONS: There aren't any for me, except when I need to remove waterproof mascara. For how I do that, see bottom part of my review.

USAGE TIPS: If the pads don't seem to have enough product on them, just turn the container upside down for a night or two and it will even out.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice makeup remover removes my waterproof mascara better than anything else I've tried. (Well, I've had some that work almost as well, but they burn the hell out of my eyes or leave an oily film.)

****Those calling these oily must be speaking of the "moisturizing" version that must be better for waterproof mascara. But they are oily. I don't like them.****

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This makeup remover quickly removes all my eye makeup. If I am just wearing mascara, (Tarte- Lights, Cameras, Lashes) and only one color of eyeshadow without primer I can use one pad for both my eyes and remove all the makeup. For a look with lots more color and makeup, one pad per eye works well. There is no greasy residue, but it does make my eye area feel a little sticky, but that can be taken care of when I wash my face. Overall I like the product formula but would love for it to be in a bottle rather then in a pad, I think it would last a lot longer and I could decide how much product I want to use based on how much makeup I have on. I wouldn't buy again, but I will definitely use it all up! If you like the convience to the product being predispensed on the pad then it's for you!
Edit: Been using this a lot, I got it as a stocking stuffer, and lately it has been making eyes burn. Don't like it too much after that!

I love these! Have been using them for years and years. I don't wear waterproof makeup because I don't really need it and it's such a hassle to get off so I don't know how it would work with waterproof, but with non-waterproof it works pretty well. I load up my lashes with mascara so there is usually some left over after I take off my makeup and in the morning I have slight raccoon eyes, but it's easily fixed with a few wipes with a clean pad under each eye. It's so minimal that I don't even toss the pad; I stick it back in the tub and use it that night to remove everything and it works just fine. I wear contacts and they work just fine with them. There are probably more effective products out there but these pads are so convenient and gentle on my eyes and they serve their purpose well enough, and I like the price too so I will continue buying them until (heaven forbid) they're discontinued. But beware! I decided to try to moisturizing pads once and they SUCK - they may have moisturized my eyes but they left such a horrible residue of oil that it was not worth it at all! I used them for a week or two hoping I'd get used to them but I didn't and just ended up tossing them.