November 29, 2014 | 956 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by avalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great concept, and you'd think it would be a very convenient product. (Eyemakeup remover already on the pad! Save yourself an extra step!) The problem is that the formulation just doesn't work. Upon opening the jar, you get a very strong whiff of what smells like nail polish remover, or alcohol. At any rate, it's very strong smelling. The pads are super thin, so it's not easy to just take one pad out at a time. But best to hold on to any extras you might pull out...you'll need them for later. In fact, it took me approximately three pads PER EYE to get 75% of my eye makeup off. That was with pulling, rubbing and generally irritating the eye area, mind you. And the next morning I had loads of mascara under my eyes like a raccoon. For a long time I thought this was the best remover on the market because some people just love this stuff, so I dutifully stuck with it. Then I heard about Rimmel eye makeup remover, and while not perfect, it beats the Almay hands down.
I promptly threw the rest of my Almay jar away.
I'd probably have had better luck not using any eye makeup remover at all. At least I wouldn't have irritated my delicate eye area trying to make the Almay work!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always have some of this in reserve. Have used it for years and years.

It's a good product, and takes off even stubborn eye makeup pretty well.

My complaint is that as I've gotten older, I find it too drying. Too drying on the skin around my eye, too drying on my lashes.

After using it, my eyes look about ten years older, the resiliency in my eye area significantly diminished. Not something I need on any level, including self-esteem.

Very inexpensive, but at this point, I have to go to Lancome's Bi-Facil to get rid of eye makeup. The oil keeps me from aging 10 plus years in less than 60 seconds.

Will slowly use up the two containers I have in reserve, over time. Probably not repurchase any more, and think that women over 40 might want to consider other alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by uqureshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like both the moisturizing and the oil free pads for makeup removal, the oil free pads are great for fixing makeup errors while the moisturizing I love for taking my makeup off at nite!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by taz1946

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using these since they were introduced - YEARS ago. I go through phases when I want to try something new and I always come back to these. The opaque plastic jar contains very thin but sturdy cotton swipes that are already moistened with a non-oily liquid that takes the toughest eye makeup off. Even with heavy eye makeup on I only use 1 per eye and I never feel like I am wasting anything They never make my skin dry (I tend to have dry skin in the winter) and no oil to migrate into my eyes (I read after going to bed). The only problem I have ever had is after nearing the bottom of the jar they can dry out some. I just dab them with water to re-moisten or you can buy the liquid separately and add a little to the jar. I am a bargain hunting girl and feel these are worth every penny spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

my mom told me to try these and I'm happy I did. Gone are the days of liquid remover and cotton balls, or the wipes that are just too much and too expensive. These are perfect. Depending on how much eye makeup you have on, you may need more then one. I do find that one per eye does the trick for me, even if I'm wearing waterproof liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupbykatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this product, but i modify what it is intended for. I dont think it works that well as an all over eye makeup remover. It really doesnt work on waterproof mascaras and liners. But what i do love it for is when after you've washed your face or just after a long day and you look in the mirror and say ACK, how did that get down there (meaning under your eyes), a little wipe away and either reapply concealer, power, etc or after the shower to wipe off anything missed in the washing. It's extremely delicate on my sensitive skin and i can wipe right up to my lashline without having issue. Beware of confusing this with the makeup remover that does contain oil though! I made that mistake and what a mess!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I once bought an eye makeup remover that gave me an eye infection, so I've only used creams (which don't work well on waterproof makeup) since. I decided to try these pads, and they work! I have to sometimes use more than one to get rid of heavier applications or waterproof mascara or liquid liner, but I haven't had too many problems, and I have very sensitive eyes. I take off my contacts before removing makeup, and there is very little stinging. When I don't wear contacts, I don't get stinging at all. I also have the bottle oil-free remover, which works just as well, and for small touch-ups with a Q-tip.
Edit: I'm now daily using the Shu Uemura cleansing oils to remove all makeup now, but I still buy and keep this around for touch-ups and mistakes; it's still a good makeup remover.
Edit #2: I had to drop a lippie because I started using some great waterproof eyeliners, and this did not get it off at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for almost 10 years now. They really work, unless you wear waterproof mascara...doesn't really work on that.

I like this because it's not oily and it does not sting my eyes. I've tried using other eye makeup removers, and they stung my eyes like mad.

A few tips:
--When you first get the package, store it upside down for a few days. The liquid tends to settle at the bottom, so you need to make the top pads moist again. (My sister figured this out!)
--If you wear a lot of mascara like I do, you'll have to use both sides of the pad, and do both eyes twice. Do one eye, then the other eye, and start over again on each eye. You are not going to be able to get all of the mascara off right away...just be patient!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay, I gave it three lippies because its nothing special except for being inexpensive and non-oily. I don't use waterproof mascara, and my eyeliner application is minimal so they work for me. I wish they were a little bigger because it takes three or four pads to clean my eyes. I usually stock up when drugstore.com has a BOGO offer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had so-so results with these pads. I have noticed when I clean my eyes wearing contacts that they irritate my eyes horribly. They sting and burn. If I am not wearing my contacts they usually do not irritate, but have a few times if I am wearing a lot of eye makeup. These clean off my makeup pretty good. I even use them to clean my other makeup off and they do a good job. The downside is they seem to dry out pretty quickly. I will continue to buy them just because they are a good deal.