April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupbykatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this product, but i modify what it is intended for. I dont think it works that well as an all over eye makeup remover. It really doesnt work on waterproof mascaras and liners. But what i do love it for is when after you've washed your face or just after a long day and you look in the mirror and say ACK, how did that get down there (meaning under your eyes), a little wipe away and either reapply concealer, power, etc or after the shower to wipe off anything missed in the washing. It's extremely delicate on my sensitive skin and i can wipe right up to my lashline without having issue. Beware of confusing this with the makeup remover that does contain oil though! I made that mistake and what a mess!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I once bought an eye makeup remover that gave me an eye infection, so I've only used creams (which don't work well on waterproof makeup) since. I decided to try these pads, and they work! I have to sometimes use more than one to get rid of heavier applications or waterproof mascara or liquid liner, but I haven't had too many problems, and I have very sensitive eyes. I take off my contacts before removing makeup, and there is very little stinging. When I don't wear contacts, I don't get stinging at all. I also have the bottle oil-free remover, which works just as well, and for small touch-ups with a Q-tip.
Edit: I'm now daily using the Shu Uemura cleansing oils to remove all makeup now, but I still buy and keep this around for touch-ups and mistakes; it's still a good makeup remover.
Edit #2: I had to drop a lippie because I started using some great waterproof eyeliners, and this did not get it off at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for almost 10 years now. They really work, unless you wear waterproof mascara...doesn't really work on that.

I like this because it's not oily and it does not sting my eyes. I've tried using other eye makeup removers, and they stung my eyes like mad.

A few tips:
--When you first get the package, store it upside down for a few days. The liquid tends to settle at the bottom, so you need to make the top pads moist again. (My sister figured this out!)
--If you wear a lot of mascara like I do, you'll have to use both sides of the pad, and do both eyes twice. Do one eye, then the other eye, and start over again on each eye. You are not going to be able to get all of the mascara off right away...just be patient!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay, I gave it three lippies because its nothing special except for being inexpensive and non-oily. I don't use waterproof mascara, and my eyeliner application is minimal so they work for me. I wish they were a little bigger because it takes three or four pads to clean my eyes. I usually stock up when drugstore.com has a BOGO offer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had so-so results with these pads. I have noticed when I clean my eyes wearing contacts that they irritate my eyes horribly. They sting and burn. If I am not wearing my contacts they usually do not irritate, but have a few times if I am wearing a lot of eye makeup. These clean off my makeup pretty good. I even use them to clean my other makeup off and they do a good job. The downside is they seem to dry out pretty quickly. I will continue to buy them just because they are a good deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit - I don't know what happened, but these don't work anymore for me. Maybe they changed the formula? Not sure, but I won't repurchase sadly.

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this product before. I've bought it again and again over the years. It is the only thing that gets my eye makeup off. When I run out and try to use a substitute - be that soap and water, lotion, whatever, I always long for my Almay and feel like I've got gobs of mascara weighing down my eyelids. My HG makeup remover. I use it all over my face sometimes too when I use foundation. LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

im gonna redo my review on this. it doesnt remove all my eye make up...after a lot of wiping theres still mascara on my eyelashes (i dont use waterproof mascara or more than one coat) and it doesnt remove my waterproof eyeliner (i dont want it to be waterproof but urban decays 2/7 eyeliners are waterproof). so i dont like these. but i love that almay doesnt test on animals because i love animals and wont use animal tested brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought a small traveler's size jar of this to take on a weekend trip. I was initially excited about trying it out because it was oil-free and supposed to remove waterproof eye makeup as well. Well, don't be fooled by the label girls. It doesn't take off my mascara at all and only does a so-so job at removing my waterproof cream liner. I even left the pad sitting over my eye for a good minute before gently swiping. I ended having to use baby oil to remove the rest of my makeup each time. These pads however are effective for removing regular eye makeup such as eyeshadows and liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by HereKittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for years, my mom recommended it to me when I was 16 and I would never switch to anything else! These pads are excellent at removing eye makeup, they don't irritate my eyes, and they last a very long time. Great product, nothing more to say!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I really like this product. I have used a whole slew of other removers including but not limited to Loreal's, several of Clinique's, Lancome's, MAC's cleanse off oil etc. I have very sensitive skin and eyes and these pads don't irritate me at all unlike many of the others I have tried. I do have to use more than one pad usually per eye but it's still a bargain compared to, say, Lancome. This doesn't give me milia, dry my eye area out, leave a residue or break me out. Thumbs up from me.