Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.6

on 12/17/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great brush, doesn't shed and doesn't smell. I use it for blending cream foundations or just for polishing my skin if I overapply makeup.

on 11/3/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got this brush because of the hype about it, gotta admit when i first got it i wasnt feeling it, maybe i was expecting to much of it, or maybe i was too used to using my little elf powder brush. But after i gave it another go with the F80, i realized its a pretty good brush, however i tend to wear cream foundation so its not a necessity for me, its works quite well for liquid foundation, but nothing any other flat top brush cant do imo. guess it all depends on your preference, would i recommend yes, but if you have the elf flat top powder brush, or real techniques brush, and those work fine for you, dont feel obligated to get this one too.

on 11/2/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I decided to try out this brush because of the great reviews, plus I needed a new foundation brush. It is a very nice brush. I love how thick the handle is and the quality is great for the price. It applies my foundation nicely on my face. However, it wouldn't say it is the best brush I've used for foundation. I've used better ones before, but this is a really nice brush.

on 11/1/2012 11:57:00 PM

This is a great makeup brush. I haven't noticed any shedding at all, and you can tell it's a quality item. It doesn't do as well with liquid makeup as it does with mineral or cream makeup. It seems to absorb the liquid and doesn't distribute a lot to your skin. But other than that, I've been pleased with it overall. My computer seems to crash when I'm on the Sigma website for some reason, so it's not easy for me to order their products. :(

on 10/10/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really love this brush! Puts on my makeup much better than I've accomplished with other brushes. I do notice a bit of skin aggravation with my rosacea, but it's minor.

on 9/29/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I was using the ELF Flat Top brush, but after a while it started to shed, and wouldnt really get clean and I was just over it. I like how soft and dense the Sigma brush is, it buffs my foundation to perfection. It cleans well and I only saw a tiny bit of shedding the first time I washed it. I definitely think Im going to get a couple more of their kabuki brushes

on 9/23/2012 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

To be completely honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed with this brush. Even though I have foundation brushes that work really well for me, I saw how many people on YouTube loved this brush, and decided to check it out.

I find that this works pretty well with cream foundation, not so well with liquid. For me, I like to buff my foundation on to really work it into the skin, then stipple over the areas that need more coverage and/or smoothing out. With creams (maybelline dream smooth and Revlon CS Whipped), I found that stippling gave a beautiful finish, but it applied the foundation a lot more heavily than I liked. I feel like the bristles are too stiff to work properly with buffing, and I was left with streaks with the liquids I tried (Revlon CS, Laura Mercier Silk Cream), and stippling looked patchy (when tried with liquids).

One type of foundation this worked really well with was mineral foundation. It gave me medium/full coverage (when used with bare minerals), and buffed it in beautifully. The only problem is that my $3 elf flat top brush gives me the same results.

It's not a bad brush, but for me and my skin, there are others that do a better job. I have a feeling this will be great for cream blushes and contours (the flat edge will be especially useful), so I'll keep it around.

on 9/22/2012 2:00:00 PM

I used to apply my foundation with the fingers because it was easier for me than using a foundation brush. I read so good reviews about this one that I decided to give it a try and WOW! It's AMAZING how it sets the foundation. Now I have a wonderful flawless skin, many people that I know has noticed it. So what I say is that every woman must have this brush, it's essential. There are no reasons for not buying the sigma brush F80!

on 9/22/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in love. This is the best foundation brush I have tried. It is easy to use, provides a flawless application and does not shed.

on 9/19/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What a very, very soft and fluffy brush. I've been collecting brushes from mac for a year and though my collection isnt necessarily what you might call "complete", it's darn close! I have all the duo fibres for foundation application, but none are as easy to use as this one! Stipple, swirl, swipe, this foundation brush can do it all! Doesnt shed, feels great on the skin and is so easy to use! Did I mention it costs half as much as the notorious 187? sold!

Popular Makeup Brushes