October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sierravictorindia

I have no words ... absofuc*inglutely perfect brush for liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. every positive review that I've read about sigma f80 is true. only one thing that I don't like about it is cleaning ... it takes little more effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

F80, 84 and 82. Got them all love them all. The F80 is amazing but I probably prefer the angled F84. I much prefer it to the Real Techniques which feels so cheap and rough in comparison. Sigma all the way for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

Excellent brush for liquid or creamy foundations, ultra soft and buffs in foundation really well. Has never shed hair or disappointed me in any way. Helps apply a thin, even layer of foundation and the result is lovely. I have heard people slightly complain about the time this brush needs to dry when washed, but for me, being located in Greece, this is not the case. It has never taken more than a few hours to be completely dry all the way in and ready to use. What I dislike about it, is its fat handle that I find is not very convenient for a good grip. I have had this for approximately two years and it looks brand new. If it falls apart, I would most probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in the Sigmax set and this is the best one among all of the brushes included. This brush is very, very good. It is dense and soft and the length of it's fibers is just perfect for a good control. Gives me a flawless, airbrushed finish whatever brand of liquid/cream foundation I use. I also have not experienced any fall out of it's fibers when cleaning the brush. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ETA: I had to come back and change my rating for this brush. I went to wash it the other day and the ENTIRE brush head came out of the ferrule. I don't treat my brushes vigorously and am not a newbie when it comes to cleaning and care. This is highly unacceptable for me. It was a great brush until this disaster.

Original review: This brush is *great*! The only regret I have is that I waited so long to get it! My use for this brush is strictly for liquid foundation. I initially stipple it on, then buff it. I am super happy with the look it provides. I purchased a MAC 187 brush a couple of years ago and thought it was the answer to my prayers, but this Sigma F80 has relegated my MAC 187 to "for blush application only" status. The dense, flat head is just perfect for me. Fabulous brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this brush, along with others, direct from Sigma in the US, not realizing that you can buy the same from some UK websites for the same price. I had to pay customs duties (not too high) and an extortionate amount to Royal Mail for their "handling".
The brush is incredibly soft. I use it for applying liquid foundation. However, it takes forever to clean and dry properly. Please note that this applies the foundation to a medium to full finish, which suits me fine, as I have imperfect skin. But if you want a lighter touch, I would recommend one of the "skunk" brushes instead (in case you wonder, I mean the black ones with white hair at the top). As a free gift, I got a short E25, which is exactly like the MAC 217. It's a brilliant eye brush, so I ordered another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cuyugang0322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First brush I purchased from Sigma. My collection consists of all MAC brushes prior to buying the F80. The Sigmax is a great line, and I highly recommend this brush. It really does all the work for you when applying foundation. Say good-bye to streaks and cakey application. It buffs to perfection, so you feel secure and confident about your make-up. Prior to this brush, I used my MAC 187 to stipple on my foundation. Now, I only reach for my 187 for blush (which it is great at applying). I want to purchase back-ups for the F80; that is how good it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by munecabrava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE!!!! I received my real technique core collection brushes and the real technique buffing brush is 10x better!!! Does an amazing job leaving your face flawless.

If you're still wondering if you should purchase this brush or not then I highly recommend you don't waste any time and buy yourself one. I can't believe years has passed me by without having this brush. Forget MAC and all the high end brushes. This is the real deal, inexpensive and gives you a flawless makeup finish. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

I love this brush. It is dense and soft, and I have had no fallout. I used it for applying liquid foundation, softening up my under eye concealer which I tend to apply with my fingers, and cream blush. It really is fabulous. I find I use a lot less product and it buffs to perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd give this brush 10 stars if I could! I received this free from sigma in their IMATS goodie bag in LA a couple months ago, and probably would have overlooked it had it not been a gift. All I can say is WOW! I can't imagine what could possibly be better for applying liquid foundation than this brush. It turns even my least favorite foundations into a perfectly airbrushed look, and It doesn't shed...at all. I plan to purchase a couple more and will use these forever. I wouldn't care if they were $100 a piece, I'd gladly pay any price for this amazing brush!! Thank you Sigma!!