Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

on 1/2/2013 4:32:00 PM

Overall this is a great mascara, it layers well and makes my lashes look great! Gives great volume and length. The only reason I give it a 4 is because it flakes a little bit sometimes. The wand and tube are huge! So much bigger than I'm use to using and because it's big it's hard to get my lower lashes without smudging. I will continue to buy this mascara over and over again

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite mascara. I have tried SO MANY and saw this one on sale and decided to give it a try. I used to swear by Maybelline's The Colossal but I like this one much better.

I don't like the packaging that much. The tube is HUGE and the wand is a little hard to hold being so big. I find it applies easily and layers up well. It doesn't give you that tarantula-eyes look that The Falsies gave me and is professional for work.

I work in a hot, humid environment and this mascara stays on and doesn't flake, although I'm reading in a lot of the other reviews it flakes for some people. I also like it because it comes off with my cleanser and I don't have to use makeup remover.

So overall a great mascara. I'll buy this one over and over.

on 12/30/2012 7:37:00 PM

PROS: Gives decent length and volume. Can be worn with one coat or can be layered quite nicely. Inexpensive, especially for the quality. Removes easily when washing it off. Doesn't bother my very sensitive eyes at all. Brush is easy to use.

CONS: Will flake on me a bit after about 6 hours, but not when I use the primer as described in "application tips" below.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: For lots of volume and good length, Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof or Milani's Runway Lashes (which I cover with Clarins Double Fix.)

on 12/29/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have literally like 5 of these mascaras. .-. My mom gave me a huge pack of them she got from Costco.
So I said, Oh if I like this, I sure will have a lot!
They just sit in my makeup case. I really dislike this mascara.
First off, the tube is just obnoxious. It's a big, fat purple tube, The applicator itself is huge. I always end up almost poking my eye out with it. The bristles on this brush are so prickly!!! They hurt my tightline.
You have to really build up this mascara if you want thick lashes.
AND THE SMELL.
Ugh! It smells TERRIBLE. Just... so chemically and.. ew!
WILL NOT REPURCHASE!

on 12/28/2012 12:26:00 PM

I have really short lashes so I use this everyday

on 12/13/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Personally, I really like this mascara for everyday use. I'm not fond of having a lot of mascara on, just enough to slightly thicken my lashes and still keep it looking natural, which I think the small bristles are good at. They keep it at a minimum so that I don't go overboard. You can add more coats once it's dry to build it up if you want though. And also, it's waterproof! Which I feel is a must when you're out for long periods and whatnot.
What I don't like about this product is the tip of the wand. There are hardly any bristles at all, and it tends to make it very clumpy. It can actually get messy sometimes if you don't know how to work with it.
I probably wouldn't recommend this to people who are searching for a mascara that is intense when it comes to volume and length. Or for people who are using false lashes.
And unlike majority of people, commenting on the packaging of all the Covergirl mascaras, I don't exactly find it to be annoying. But that's just me.

on 12/12/2012 7:32:00 PM

This is actually a fairly good mascara… BUT!

I gave it a 4, because it sometimes clumps if you apply too many coats, without letting each one dry first. Also, I have it in black and the door is almost dark grey. It's dull!

The other reason is because it is tested on animals. :(

However, it separates lashes and it's easy to build volume and length. Nice! When it runs out, the brush is good for separating lashes before other mascara is applied.

Pretty cheap, though. $9 or something?

on 12/11/2012 1:06:00 AM

This product is my HG mascara! It's about $10 for one purple tube of magic...goes on without clumping if you give each layer a bit of time to dry between application (I usually layer it on about 3 times). It gives me lash line a lot of volume and every lash tons of doll-like length. It lasts all day but usually requires a reapplication before going out at night.

Application technique to maximize the results: I start by placing the wand at the very base of my lashes along the lash line and wiggling the brush slightly back and forth. At the inner corner, I push the lashes towards my nose and at the outer, back towards my hair line. I let this initial layer dry completely (usually 5 minutes or less...just do some other part of your makeup while you wait), then I repeat a second time but a little further up the lashes, still not at the top though. For the final layer, I do a sweep at the top of my lashes. This achieves a 3-D lash effect, giving volume and length. (For those that like the cat-eye effect: do one extra layer at the outer corners...really making sure to sweep lashes out towards hairline instead of straight out from face).

on 12/6/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this mascara better than the regular lash blast volume. It easily builds up with two or three coats and I love how it separates my lashes, making them look naturally full and clump-free.

on 11/30/2012 4:34:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras because it does not clump and gives really nice volume. I think this can be attributed to the brush which separates, volumizes, and slightly lengthens my short lashes. I first like to use L'oreal voluminous millions for length and volume then I use Lash Blast as a second coat to add more definition and to separate the lashes even further. This is one mascara I'll keep buying for a while.